test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Welcome to Season 13!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Season 13 - Escalation is upon us, Captains. Here's a special message from Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10474273-welcome-to-season-13

Comments

• tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    And as predicted, it beings with a total disaster.
    New queue UI is worse than horribad - confirmation window doesn't pop (so you just get randomly warped on a map without any warning), you can't really understand what have you queued for and matchmaking in general is a total lackluster. Oh, and you can't anymore queue simultaneously for a single queue, but different difficulties, which is also a terrible change. Ever heard of the old truth of not needing to fix things that ain't broken?

Oh, and on top of that, Elite queues have Normal-tier enemies. Was hilarious to complete Hive Elite within 1 minute and 27 seconds, having total DPS of only 227k.

Edit: Queued for a map with a friend (yes, we were teamed). Game decided to warp me into the queue, but left friend behind in ESD.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    And as predicted, it beings with a total disaster.
    New queue UI is worse than horribad - confirmation window doesn't pop (so you just get randomly warped on a map without any warning), you can't really understand what have you queued for and matchmaking in general is a total lackluster. Oh, and you can't anymore queue simultaneously for a single queue, but different difficulties, which is also a terrible change. Ever heard of the old truth of not needing to fix things that ain't broken?

Oh, and on top of that, Elite queues have Normal-tier enemies. Was hilarious to complete Hive Elite within 1 minute and 27 seconds, having total DPS of only 227k.

Edit: Queued for a map with a friend (yes, we were teamed). Game decided to warp me into the queue, but left friend behind in ESD.

Gotta agree with my channel friend here.

The new queue UI is terrible.
    It's got repeated text in places, difficult to navigate and it's difficult to see what you actually queued for. I just found it really hard to find the queue i wanted and see what other things i was waiting to pop, which the old system had no issues with.
    Then once you are actually queued and players accept you no longer have a popup to see a countdown or anything. It's all a bit messy.

Also, yes the NPC levels are totally messed up. I thought i'd suddenly become some uber-player until i saw they were almost 10-15 levels below me.
    SulMatuul.png
  • ncc1701z5ncc1701z5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I feel like this should have been season 12.5 not season 13 'cuase season 12 didn't offer so much, but I am looking forward to trying out all the new things.
    "Saving the galaxy's our business"

Admiral Wilkens: "I bend our rules so folks don't have to live in fear strictly obeying someone else's".

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    also cooldowns for the mark types are gone. that was a great feature to keep track of all the 20 hour cooldowns.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    I agree in regards to the new queue UI. It's functionally inferior to the previous one.
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    The PvP tab is completely empty. I can't access the PvP queues. :(
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »

They said that PvP was temporarily turned off.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »

They said that PvP was temporarily turned off.

Just saw that. Thanks!
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    It's a minor point, but... dear goodness, what has happened to the ESD docking guy's hair?!
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yup... I concur:

1. Queue UI sucks horribly.
    2. Why aren't the new marks available in Red Alerts as with previous reputations?
    3. Where the hell did the cooldown list disappear to?
    1xe027q.png
  • josemialotjosemialot Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Yay, the PVP season that disable PVP!!

GG cryptic, I am just curius.. why you ppl hate so much PVP?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    New queue UI didn't even work for me. Even after several relogs, a pair of restarts and forced verification, it just sits there trying to look pretty while ignoring all attempts at interaction with it. Those I've spoken to and seen that can get it working are lamenting the lost functionality and the new "quirks" (like being thrown out of queues on a map or instance change). Good job fixing something that wasn't all that broken.
    The general mood I've seen in game so far, is that it needs to be reverted. It's just flat out bad.

That new ep is awful. Horrid writing, disastrous VO, a 'captain' who is both not believable and schitzophrenic (Yes, I mean Kuumarke or whatever her name is) and an generally ham-fisted attempt at a morality play. Dare I mention the dreadnought near at the end? Its shields make it damn near invulnerable. I suffered heavily in the nerf (still making around 35k dps, down from 78k) and took about 10 minutes to down that thing! It made for a truly frustrating experience, grinding that thing down.
    Frankly, IMO there are far better missions in the foundry. Hell, better ones have been removed in days gone by and that's saying something!

This was supposed to be a season release? It seems like it was just an excuse to nerf things.

On a positive note, the bank consoles on DS9 have a nice animation on their displays which I haven't seen before. Me likey!
    I need a beer.

• cyllus2014cyllus2014 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Just logged in, I've not tinkered enough to tell how the whole season is for me. But I can say without a doubt... I hate the new queues.
  • lynce1975lynce1975 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    The new queue ui is confusing and annoying. I liked the episode but seems a bit off for some reason. I have no idea how the matching system can work at all since even if i have the same gear and setup from a top dps player i won't do anything near him/her damage. And get the new marks on the red alerts please i have no will or intention of joining pvp matches for them.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Together with the latest patchnotes the season name is hilariously appropriate :D

Big list of changes will always be bumpy; lets hope and look forward to the best :)
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Hmm. Completed the FE (no particular problems there, though the storyline is absurdly foreshortened - "We can restore your moon using protomatter," says Kuumarke, and the whole process is agreed, a base on the moon's surface built, and then sabotaged, all in less time than it takes me to make a cup of coffee), and decided to give the previous FE, "Survivor", a replay, as I hadn't bothered to pick up one of the mission rewards from it...

... and it doesn't work. I arrive in the Sitor system, and there is silence on all comms channels and a notable absence of any interaction points. I think a bit of this mission must have fallen off when you moved it into the episode chain, guys.

Anyway, I'm using the time to write bug reports instead. There are several to write, I fear.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    Gotta love it. Season 13 is Live (With a horrid new Queue UI and implementation. Yet the Season 12 Launch Trailer is front and Center on the PC STO News page.

I also think the title of Season 13 is incorrect. It should be:

"Season 13: We're Not Even Attempting To Care Anymore" ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    also cooldowns for the mark types are gone. that was a great feature to keep track of all the 20 hour cooldowns.

Oh, man. I liked that feature. :(
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Are you people seriously posting spoilers of the new mission in this thread particularly a couple hours after release?
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    You disable PVP on the PVP Season cryptic? Why??? Like some before me just ask, why do you guys at cryptic hate PVP? Just give us a "why" please!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    the graphics glitches. normally i dont take to the forums like this but my whole crew is missing textures, theres clipping, my captain doesnt even have the right beard on, is anyone else noticing this? (found while looking at crew in the info box while in space)

EDIT: reputation tab wont stop flashing like something is completed. nothing is.
    EDIT 2: issue is only when looking at characters/NPCs in UI, ground maps look fine
    EDIT 3: however the TAILOR has some amazing graphics bugs, the edges of my character were so choppy and pixelated that i was laughing.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    shevet wrote: »
    It's a minor point, but... dear goodness, what has happened to the ESD docking guy's hair?!

I'm guessing you're having a Transparency issue too @shevet

By any chance does it kinda look like... this?
    20170425112411_1.jpg?dl=1
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Liked the FE although it was a bit predictable as some have mentioned.

The UI may simply be a matter of getting used to, it is a lot less cluttered than it was before.

One thing which disappoints me is that the new competitive marks are not available from Borg Red Alerts.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    http://prnt.sc/f0shaz how about this
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

HOLY SHTAKO! You're dude's partially transported into the Twilight Realm!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Either that or had a bad time on The Grid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEiQxxEyog
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    djxprime wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

Either that or had a bad time on The Grid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEiQxxEyog

Good point... OH GOD! THE WARGAMES! THATS WHAT DID IT TO HIM!
    lol

in all honesty... I guess it wouldn't be a major game update without something breaking.
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    The graphics glitches are really ugly. Some hair styles look like they're made of solid blocks, chest hair looks like a solid chest plate, the horrible tan square around the Starfleet emblem on ESD...Very ugly.

On the plus side I enjoyed the new queues, and I liked the ground map in the new FE, it's really well done. Still, please bring back the View Cooldowns button so we know what's happening with the marks.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    If you're having these graphical issues, can you PM me with the details on your graphics settings and what card you're using? Thanks!