What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add Spanish for language option

Comments

• Options
    genatlukpicardgenatlukpicard Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    STO in Spanish please!

Increasingly support, and we will be many more. Please respond this request.

3wiUZMU.jpg

"No me basta con cumplir las órdenes, necesito saber que estoy haciendo lo correcto."
    "Not enough for me to follow orders, I need to know I'm doing the right thing."
  • Options
    STO in Spanish please!
    Please respond!
    "No me basta con cumplir las órdenes, necesito saber que estoy haciendo lo correcto."
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    STO in Spanish please.
    Sorry to insist, but I will until respond, at least once.
  • Options
    danielarjona78danielarjona78 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    genatlukpicard, be careful for the ban please!!
    aralleida_228x144.jpg
  • Options
    ok.
  • Options
    geekboy#2650 geekboy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    dangelx1 wrote: »
    Español
    ¿¿Realmente??
    ¿Pensais que es una perdida de dinero y tiempo traducir al segundo lenguaje mas hablado del mundo?
    Yo soy español y esta situación con el juego siempre me ha parecido una forma de racismo.
    Pero, como europeo, veo que están traduciendo al alemán y al frances, y como forma de apoyo de los usuarios de estos paises, prefiero no decir nada y apoyar el que por fin se decidan a traducirlo a estos idiomas.
    Quizas, con el tiempo, sean capaces de eliminar estas posturas tan involutivas y se decidan a traducir el juego al español.
    Y lo siento por mi mal ingles. Trato de traducir mi opinión con todo el respeto a dicha lengua.

English
    Really??
    Do you think that is a waste of money and time to translate the second most spoken language in the world?
    I'm Spanish, and this situation with the game has always seemed to me a form of racism.
    But, as a European, I see that being translated into German and French, and as a way to support users of these countries, I prefer to say nothing and support finally decide to translate into these languages.
    Perhaps, with time, they are able to eliminate these positions as involution and decide to translate the game into Spanish.
    And sorry for my bad English. I try to translate my opinion with all respect to that language.

one user more :p

Actually Chinese is the second most spoken.

• Options
    wanipawanipa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Please, guys, we want spanish!!!
  • Options
    terribleterrible Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Spanish is a must have in all games. My vote to YES...
  • Options
    danielarjona78danielarjona78 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    dangelx1 wrote: »
    Español
    ¿¿Realmente??
    ¿Pensais que es una perdida de dinero y tiempo traducir al segundo lenguaje mas hablado del mundo?
    Yo soy español y esta situación con el juego siempre me ha parecido una forma de racismo.
    Pero, como europeo, veo que están traduciendo al alemán y al frances, y como forma de apoyo de los usuarios de estos paises, prefiero no decir nada y apoyar el que por fin se decidan a traducirlo a estos idiomas.
    Quizas, con el tiempo, sean capaces de eliminar estas posturas tan involutivas y se decidan a traducir el juego al español.
    Y lo siento por mi mal ingles. Trato de traducir mi opinión con todo el respeto a dicha lengua.

English
    Really??
    Do you think that is a waste of money and time to translate the second most spoken language in the world?
    I'm Spanish, and this situation with the game has always seemed to me a form of racism.
    But, as a European, I see that being translated into German and French, and as a way to support users of these countries, I prefer to say nothing and support finally decide to translate into these languages.
    Perhaps, with time, they are able to eliminate these positions as involution and decide to translate the game into Spanish.
    And sorry for my bad English. I try to translate my opinion with all respect to that language.

one user more :p

Actually Chinese is the second most spoken.

That's correct, but STO has a Chinese traduction?
    aralleida_228x144.jpg
  • Options
    1992 Star Trek: 25th Anniversary - IN SPANISH
    1993 Star Trek: Judgment Rites - IN SPANISH
    1995 Star Trek: The Next Generation - IN SPANISH
    1995 Star Trek: Klingon - IN SPANISH
    1996 Star Trek: Borg - IN SPANISH
    1996 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Harbinger - IN SPANISH
    1997 Star Trek: Starfleet Academy - IN SPANISH
    1997 Star Trek Generations - IN SPANISH
    1998 Star Trek: The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard - IN SPANISH
    1998 Star Trek: Starship Creator - IN SPANISH
    1999 Star Trek: The Next Generation: Birth of the Federation - IN SPANISH
    1999 Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury - IN SPANISH
    1999 Star Trek: Starfleet Command - IN SPANISH
    1999 Star Trek: Hidden Evil - IN SPANISH
    2000 Star Trek: Armada - IN SPANISH
    2000 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Fallen - IN SPANISH
    2000 Star Trek: ConQuest - IN SPANISH
    2000 Star Trek: Klingon Academy - IN SPANISH
    2000 Star Trek: New Worlds - IN SPANISH
    2000 Star Trek: Starship Creator Warp II - IN SPANISH
    2000 Star Trek: Voyager – Elite Force - IN SPANISH
    2001 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Dominion Wars - IN SPANISH
    2001 Star Trek: Armada II - IN SPANISH
    2001 Star Trek: Away Team - IN SPANISH
    2001 Star Trek: Starfleet Command II: Empires at War - IN SPANISH
    2001 Star Trek: Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates - IN SPANISH
    2002 Star Trek: Starfleet Command III - IN SPANISH
    2002 Star Trek: Bridge Commander - IN SPANISH
    2003 Star Trek: Elite Force II - IN SPANISH
    2006 Star Trek: Legacy - IN SPANISH
    2009 Star Trek: DAC - IN SPANISH
    2013 Star Trek 2013 - IN SPANISH
    2016 Star Trek Timelines - IN SPANISH

2010 Star Trek Online - Cryptic Studios, Perfect World Entertainment - NOT IN SPANISH
    In two decades is the only one that is not Spanish
  • Options
    rodo#5862 rodo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Apoyo el pedido de traducción, den nueva vida al juego sumen el idioma y vean a numerosos jugadores llegar y llenar el espacio.. depende de ustedes, es una oportunidad de mejorar el juego.
  • Options
    mijalu#0971 mijalu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think that is very important and necesary for the game because there are a lot of players who only speak spanish. I support this option.
  • Options
    talonkaardetalonkaarde Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    First of all greet this great game.
    Great game that would be much better if it was in Spanish.
    I also want STO in Spanish.
  • Options
    shenniashennia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Sto en Español
  • Options
    mikel075mikel075 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am sure that is great idea and will be benefit for the business put the spanish language.
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    We just need a universal translator. Sadly that wasn't used until the late 2200s. Enterprise season 3 episode 3 by Hoshi Sato. Although the Vulcans did have it prior to this we can infer it wasn't made available to Earth. Which is kinda odd. But hey I didn't write the scripts.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    aurethilaurethil Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    *thumbs up*

• Options
    ladyxantippeladyxantippe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Se nos ha olvidado? STO en Español!! STO in Spanish!!
  • Options
    eisendharteisendhart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    kiudoz wrote: »

Meanwhile, the Spanish situation is frought with peril. Which country is going to host the Spanish server? A Central American one (ticking off the Caribbean and Spain), a Carribbean one (frought with connection issue peril due to lots of water) or Spain (ticking off all the Spanish-speakers in the Western Hemisphere)? Can the "Spanish Community" continue to provide the sheer amounts of funding necessary to operate 3+ facilities? (to please the primary Spanish "factions") How "fractured" is the Spanish Language - I know that English has primarily two variants - American and Queen's (British) - and how hard would maintaining the appropriate number of variant translations be? Is there enough Spanish gaming/programming to lead PWI to think that they can get a "franchise" out of the Spanish like the Polish have kicked out The Witcher and maybe a couple of other games?

"

For the Spanish, all latin american countries have for language base the "spanish" from Spain...
    They all have variants, but, in this case doesnt matter.

And, if they don't use Spain for host the servers, maybe they can use any host in Chile, they have the better connection of all south america, and Google build a Datacenter worthy of Vulcan, so, leaving excuses behind, what's the real trouble?

Because, the spanish and latin community offers to do the translate for free, with our time and knowledge.

+1 to STO translated to Spanish
  • Options
    skyzephyrskyzephyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    necesitamos el juego en español; vamos ferengis, hasta cuando tendremos que esperar, +1 para el STO en español
  • Options
    cesitar257cesitar257 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Me encantaría que estuviera en español !! =D
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah!, that would be great for some friends, and i would gladly offer help for the translation, so, how about thinking about it @salamiinferno :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    alphametaghostalphametaghost Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would like to cooperate with you to bring this so much needed translation to this fantastic game

• Options
    davey03davey03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I do believe that, not having a translation to Spanish really diminishes the importance and reputation of this game worldwide. Lots of Spanish talking potential customers who cant speak in English are going to other MMOS cause they just dont have the chance to enjoy STO.
    Seeing the range of languages available when I click down there in the language bar and not seeing Spanish... well, it is inexcusable, much more seeing other languages with far less impact in population (aka potential customers).
  • Options
    ibor2009ibor2009 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yo me uno a la protesta, STO en español, STO in spanish...
  • Options
    wanipawanipa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Any news of this?
  • Options
    pipoman1pipoman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Por favor añadir español al juego
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk This thread should be posted either in Star Trek Online Discussion forum or the Feedback forum since it is not a bug report but a suggestion. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.