test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add Spanish for language option

Greetings, my name is Daniel Arjona and I am currently the leader of the Division Hispana fleet and I am writing to you to ask if you could collaborate with you to translate the dialogues and game content in Spanish, I have people in my fleet would be interested in help translate the game and only need to know how and what tools would be needed to do so.
I am looking forward to your response.
Thank you.
aralleida_228x144.jpg

Comments

• cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    Hope that happend some time..

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • rakholhrakholh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Count me in.
  • wanipawanipa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I volunteer, we want STO in spanish!!
  • wololin1wololin1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I support this option
  • l4st4tl4st4t Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    +1 to this. I hope that this will be added soon.
  • eljosiko94eljosiko94 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Spanish - Si hay gente con ganas de traducir, no entiendo por que no dan permiso. A ver gente de Cryptic las traducciones de comunidades son gratis. ¿Por que no dais el paso?

English - If there are people willing to translate, I do not understand why not give permission. To see people Cryptic translations of communities are free. Why not take the step?

(I hope you understand my English is not very good.)

Me apunto a la idea.
    Post edited by eljosiko94 on
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    TIME and MONEY

HORA y DINERO

Are probably the limiting factors.

Son probablemente los factores limitantes.

(my Spanish isn't so great either)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gabrielgarrigagabrielgarriga Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Due to that the spanish talking community is growing around the world (in several countries), I think that this idea would be beneficial for Cryptic.
    I never understood how a game like this have a german traduction (less talked in the world) and not have spanish traduction that serves for all the spanish community, that is more wide.
  • chaospekechaospeke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think it would be very interesting Spanish translation , and give the option to choose the language wanting to immerse themselves in sto . Very good idea you had . It has my support.
  • iptikusiptikus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I
    Due to that the spanish talking community is growing around the world (in several countries), I think that this idea would be beneficial for Cryptic.
    I never understood how a game like this have a german traduction (less talked in the world) and not have spanish traduction that serves for all the spanish community, that is more wide.

I fully agree with and support the proposal!
    also I propose me as a partner if necessary. People of Cryptic please consider this opportunity to make STO a better game...
  • dangelx1dangelx1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Español
    ¿¿Realmente??
    ¿Pensais que es una perdida de dinero y tiempo traducir al segundo lenguaje mas hablado del mundo?
    Yo soy español y esta situación con el juego siempre me ha parecido una forma de racismo.
    Pero, como europeo, veo que están traduciendo al alemán y al frances, y como forma de apoyo de los usuarios de estos paises, prefiero no decir nada y apoyar el que por fin se decidan a traducirlo a estos idiomas.
    Quizas, con el tiempo, sean capaces de eliminar estas posturas tan involutivas y se decidan a traducir el juego al español.
    Y lo siento por mi mal ingles. Trato de traducir mi opinión con todo el respeto a dicha lengua.

English
    Really??
    Do you think that is a waste of money and time to translate the second most spoken language in the world?
    I'm Spanish, and this situation with the game has always seemed to me a form of racism.
    But, as a European, I see that being translated into German and French, and as a way to support users of these countries, I prefer to say nothing and support finally decide to translate into these languages.
    Perhaps, with time, they are able to eliminate these positions as involution and decide to translate the game into Spanish.
    And sorry for my bad English. I try to translate my opinion with all respect to that language.

one user more :p
  • kiudozkiudoz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Great idea.
    I am willing to help if needed
    2vanmg5.jpg
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I don't mind doing spanish STO, as long they don't even start thinking in doing portuguese STO. Brazillians are notorious from ruinning nice games with our language.
    So yes to spanish STO
    and hell no for portuguese STO.
    IInLzhi.gif
  • felfever#2222 felfever Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I support this option. Cryptic's got some kind of problem with Spanish because it isn't a problem about time or money. I can't understand how may not be worthwhile for them translating STO to Spanish. However, for them, it is to Italian. Maybe but... Polish? Russian? TURKISH????? It isn't serious...
  • martinchoginmartinchogin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    If Cryptic have any ambition to reach a larger, both internal and external market Spanish can be a good option, it is the third most spoken language in the world.
    I hope someday take into account the Hispanic market.
    Greetings and excuse my English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers
  • darktiger84darktiger84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Greetings, my name is Daniel Arjona and I am currently the leader of the Division Hispana fleet and I am writing to you to ask if you could collaborate with you to translate the dialogues and game content in Spanish, I have people in my fleet would be interested in help translate the game and only need to know how and what tools would be needed to do so.
    I am looking forward to your response.
    Thank you.

Mi total apoyo a la causa, ya que seria una razon con mucho peso para aumentar considerablemente el numero de jugadores y cuentas premium. Ademas de la gente que se ha ofrecido, abaratando los costes, abriria el campo de negocio a mas gente y se bajarian las horas de trabajo. Todo son ventajas. Espero que se haga. Gracias.

Google Translate: My full support to the cause, as it would be a reason a lot of weight to significantly increase the number of players and premium accounts. In addition to people who have been offered , lowering costs, would open the field of business and more people would lower working hours . All advantages . I hope it done. Thank you
  • kinoharkonnenkinoharkonnen Member Posts: 1 New User
    I support this option.
    Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world
    I have at least 4 friends who did not want to play STO because of the language.
    Can you imagine the number of people who do not play for the same reason around the world?
    Do you think it is more profitable to spend money translating Turkish or Polish languages?
    This is absurd.
    2vanmg5.jpg
  • ojocazador#9403 ojocazador Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    :) yes, yes!
  • palrokapalroka Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It would be a good option to advertise STO to all Spanish-speaking countries. I think the perfect choice for the business and play.
    And, by the way, we are talking about translate de game "for free". We are not asking for money to do it. We are trying to get some help from Cryptic for translate "their" game by ourself to help the hispanic comunity and bring them the opportunity to play this game.
    Where are the economic problem on this?
    2vanmg5.jpg
  • danielarjona78danielarjona78 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for your support, I hope we begin to understand.
    aralleida_228x144.jpg
    edited June 2016
    The main problem is that PWE/Cryptic would have to hire people to translate the game (Lawyers and Business Laws prevent Them from letting you do it for Free), and then They would have to have someone in charge of that particular branch of the game that speaks Spanish.
    In other words They would have to create another Office somewhere to handle this, like They have in Germany.

Once again, both involve a lot of Time and Money.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying that PWE/Cryptic apparently doesn't see it as a profitable venture at this time.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Wel, i think Polish translation is an example of a profitable venture.

:(
    2vanmg5.jpg
    daveyny wrote: »
    The main problem is that PWE/Cryptic would have to hire people to translate the game (Lawyers and Business Laws prevent Them from letting you do it for Free), and then They would have to have someone in charge of that particular branch of the game that speaks Spanish.
    In other words They would have to create another Office somewhere to handle this, like They have in Germany.

Once again, both involve a lot of Time and Money.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying that PWE/Cryptic apparently doesn't see it as a profitable venture at this time.
    B)

But Poland and Turkey are profitable?, really? i don't believe it
    aralleida_228x144.jpg
    edited June 2016
    Probably the number of Spanish-speaking people with premium account outnumber users from Poland and Turkia together. (i have nothing personal against this ppl)
    I can assume that this number would multiply if the game were translated into Spanish.
    I am one of those players with premium account that feels discriminated against by language. Fortunately, I can understand English. If all those like me who speak Spanish and spend money on STO leave the game, That would be less profitable for Cryptic than the spanish translation costs.

But hey, lets call all those 500 millions of hispanic people "poor people" that cant be profitable for the company as polish comunity are.

This is ridiculous and offensive.
    2vanmg5.jpg
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    kiudoz wrote: »
    Probably the number of Spanish-speaking people with premium account outnumber users from Poland and Turkia together. (i have nothing personal against this ppl)
    I can assume that this number would multiply if the game were translated into Spanish.
    I am one of those players with premium account that feels discriminated against by language. Fortunately, I can understand English. If all those like me who speak Spanish and spend money on STO leave the game, That would be less profitable for Cryptic than the spanish translation costs.

But hey, lets call all those 500 millions of hispanic people "poor people" that cant be profitable for the company as polish comunity are.

This is ridiculous and offensive.

As daveyny pointed out, for a company to post a "localized" game, either Cryptic or PWI is most likely going to open an office in said country. At least to host the servers for the translated game to be close to the players.

As of this writing, and yeah, I'm a bit slow on "foreign events", but Poland's already the "Tech Capital of Central Europe/Old Russian Nations" and is fast becoming the tech capital of Europe, period. Turkey seems to be the "friendliest" Middle Eastern nation to host Western or even Quasi-Western ventures (PWI is Chinese, after all), and may be a bit of a "tech force" like Poland and Germany once was...

Meanwhile, the Spanish situation is frought with peril. Which country is going to host the Spanish server? A Central American one (ticking off the Caribbean and Spain), a Carribbean one (frought with connection issue peril due to lots of water) or Spain (ticking off all the Spanish-speakers in the Western Hemisphere)? Can the "Spanish Community" continue to provide the sheer amounts of funding necessary to operate 3+ facilities? (to please the primary Spanish "factions") How "fractured" is the Spanish Language - I know that English has primarily two variants - American and Queen's (British) - and how hard would maintaining the appropriate number of variant translations be? Is there enough Spanish gaming/programming to lead PWI to think that they can get a "franchise" out of the Spanish like the Polish have kicked out The Witcher and maybe a couple of other games?

Sometimes, it's not "Oh, there's so many Spanish speaking LTSes right now that they would equal the populations of Poland and Turkey" - it's "factoring all the potential income(s) from country (or language) X, which one is the largest number?"
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    dareau wrote: »
    ...As daveyny pointed out, for a company to post a "localized" game, either Cryptic or PWI is most likely going to open an office in said country. At least to host the servers for the translated game to be close to the players...

Is there now a server in each country with translation?
    Is it a server required for each language?
    Are you telling me that when I change the language of my game, for example to Russian, am i changing server?
    I thought there was only one server for all languages. (HOLODECK)

Are we talking about the same game?
    2vanmg5.jpg
    edited June 2016
    I'm not sure how many Servers there are, but I do know that PWE/Cryptic does have Offices around the world that cater to specific regions and thus to the main language of those regions.

Actually, it isn't a matter of multiple servers, it's a matter of maintaining the Specific Language Forums in the different parts of the world, that are required for Updates and Correct Information to be spread among the players of the game.

I know They have a specific German forum that is run by folks that speak that particular language, who are also actual PWE/Cryptic employees.

I can only assume that They also have Polish and Turkish Forums (I've never seen them) that are also run and maintained by PWE/Cryptic employees.

I have no idea if PWE/Cryptic is planning to create an Official Spanish Forum, I'm just pointing out that They would have to believe that it would be profitable to do so.
    And at this time, it doesn't appear that They believe it would.
    Part of the problem may be, that there are so many dialects of Spanish around the world that They would be hard-pressed to pick which one to use.
    <shrug>
    B)
    Dareau:
    I'm wondered, where did you get that information? you seem convinced that or maybe these indoctrinated by " a video game company " or maybe you 're from a country in Saxon influence?.
    aralleida_228x144.jpg
This discussion has been closed.