test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,143 Community Moderator
    Krystal hesitantly pointed... at herself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Salora deadpanned Scott, who shrugged. "Anything could happen. I'd need to run some scans to figure out any more."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,143 Community Moderator
    "To be fair... I forgot about it in all the chaos," Krystal sighed before standing up. "Where do you need me?"
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    "A sickbay on a ship or station with temporal computers," Scott replied. "I'd suggest one with more expansive medical facilities, of course, which probably amounts to the U.S.S. Legacy."

"Which is still docked here at spacedock," continued Shivak.

"Wait, let me get this straight..." said 11 of 14, "the Legacy has temporal computers? What for?"

"Just in case," said Scott. "You never know what might happen."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• Options
    "Well... I guess we should get going," Krystal said.
  • Options
    Scott motioned for Krystal, Salora, and whomever else to follow him. They all did so.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal followed as well.
  • Options
    Eventually, they made their way aboard the Legacy and after a little while, arrived at her main sickbay. Scott motioned Krystal to sit down.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal did so, feeling nervous and unsure of what to expect.
  • Options
    Scott and Salora both ran scans.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Initial scans revealed a Pregnancy farther along than what was expected. Due to the exposure to Chronitons, Krystal was already starting to show, although her uniform concealed it for now. Based on the data, Krystal was approximately 2 months pregnant, give or take a week. Maybe more.

Short version, Krystal's starting to gain weight, and if she hadn't gone through decon the Chroniton Particles may have accelerated it ever farther.

Scans also show some stress to her body from the accelerated start, and her hormone levels were spiking. There are some trace amounts of Chronitons, but not enough to do anything to her.
  • Options
    Scott and Salora looked over the data.

"2 months..." Scott mumbled, "looks like you were decontaminated just in time."

"Hormone levels spiking," said Salora. "Some stress. A few stray chronitons, but nothing enough to do any more damage."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Two months?" Krystal asked. "At best I'm only a few days, and you're telling me I'm already two months in?"
  • Options
    "Yes," replied both Scott and Salora, turning to each other.

"The chronitons sped it up," Scott said, "you're lucky you were decontaminated when you were, or it could've gone much further."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal had a shocked look on her face before bringing both hands down to her stomach. It was then that she actually did feel the bump that had started.

"This... this is really happening..." she trailed off.
  • Options
    "Yes," replied Scott. "Please, don't kill the messenger."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "I... What do I do?" Krystal asked, still sounding shocked.
  • Options
    "Whatever you were already doing," Salora answered, "the chronitons won't do any more damage. See your own ship's chief medical officer and give them," he continued, passing over the PADDs from earlier, with another added, "these reports, and let them take it from there. They'll know you better to decide."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "I'm... still kinda in shock that I'm pregnant in general," Krystal said as she took the PADDs. "I did want a family, but when I felt ready and by choice. This... Well... you probably already know how this happened."

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
    "Even with my friends on the Lexington... I'm alone..." she said. "I don't even have a boyfriend, and... I'm already on my way to being a single parent..."
  • Options
    "Of... a half Betazoid," Scott said, curious of the scans, which indicated such. "Oh, right. Wait a second."

Scott walked over to the CMO's office and did some communicating. "Oh, ok. Good riddance."

He came back out. "Yeah, he's still in custody, and somebody thought to place him in some cell that dampens telepathy. Good grief."

"Anyway, there's really not much we can do about that," Salora said, quite bluntly. "I'm a doctor, not a social butterfly."

Scott blinked. "Actually thought you were a biomedical scientist, but whatever..."

"What?" asked Salora, clearly distracted by Scott's remark. "That doesn't even make sense. Seriously. Regardless, captain, I would seriously recommend you find someone who can help you through those problems, because I am not that person."

Scott just shrugged. "If you ever need a friend to talk to, I'll be around getting the Legacy ready for Sarah."
    U.S.S. Sally, Bridge, Battle of Procyon V, 26th Century
    Sarah blinked again. She was on the bridge of the Sally, evidently. The original at that. She looked to the viewscreen, seeing the apparent battle in view. She realized that she had already been here before; either she went back in her perception of time, or her forward jumps were linear with no regard for her occasional time traveling.

"Captain, the remaining Sphere Builder attack cruiser has been destroyed, and Admiral Nat, the descendant, aboard the Firestorm K has signaled us to follow them to assist our other forces elsewhere in the battle," reported the acting tactical officer; the regular tactical officer had been incapacitated by injuries by now.

"Go for it," Sarah replied, realizing the true extent to the insanity around her. "Well, that explains a lot."

The first officer just stood there and turned to Sarah, confused. "What, captain?"

"Nothing," replied Sarah, already seeing everything going white... again.
    Earth Spacedock, Infirmary, 2410
    Sarah started moving around, barely conscious. "I don't know much longer I can take this," she mumbled, as the nurses headed her way, almost immediately.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Find someone who can help," Krystal sighed. "Not gonna be easy. Especially when I'm pretty sure some might shy away from a pregnant woman."
  • Options
    "That's what friends are for, you know," Scott replied, walking out. Salora motioned Krystal to the door.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Taking a deep breath, Krystal followed Scott out the door.
  • Options
    Scott lead Krystal down to the docking port to Earth Spacedock, and opened up the door, motioning her out. "Good luck."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Thanks," Krystal said before going back aboard the station.
  • Options
    "Your welcome," replied Scott, closing the airlock door and heading back up to his office aboard the Legacy to resume setting up the ship.

The desk chirped, and Scott pressed a flashing button. "Scott here," he said.

"Sarah is conscious again," replied the voice, of, well, somebody who was evidently from ESD's infirmary.

"I'll be there shortly," answered Scott, closing the channel, getting back up, and going back out to ESD.
    Nat and Jim walked to the infirmary and headed directly for Sarah, who was sitting up by this point, evidently doing fine.
    "So I hear you're alive," said Jim, "what happened?"

"Apparently the chronitons in my brain caused my consciousness to jump forward through time," Sarah replied, "apparently. Of course, they managed to remove the chronitons, so it should have stopped..."

"Good riddance," said the admiral. "Find out anything interesting?"

Sarah sighed, and her eyes widened. "Nope. Nothing at all. Oh, ok, maybe a couple things. Apparently the Breen find another Preserver archive and become ridiculously powerful... even destroyed DS9. Oh, and the Hur'q evidently showed up. Etc."

"Of course," Nat replied, "I'll be sure to let Starfleet know to keep an ear out on anything regarding either of those."

Soon enough, 11 also walked in, waving to Sarah briefly, then walked away.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal made her way back to the Lexington, gave the PADDs to Kayla Reynolds, her CMO, got ripped a new one by said CMO over her condition, as well as the fact that it was accelerated, and finally made her way back to her quarters. Once there she undid her ponytail, and actually pulled her uniform jacket off. Soon after she was standing in front of a mirror with her tank top that she usually wears under her uniform pulled up to take a look at her stomach.

Just as she felt through her uniform... she had a baby bump forming.

With a sigh she dropped her tank top and flopped onto a couch.

"I'm not ready for this..." she said to herself. "Command of the Lexington, leadership of the Armada... and now... single mother to be."

Closing her eyes, Krystal leaned back on the couch, Without even thinking about it, she put a hand on her stomach.
    "Nothing I can do but keep it full term I guess. Boy or girl... its my child... despite who the father is... I'll raise 'em to be a good person. Maybe... maybe you'll be the best thing that ever happened to me... even though you came from the worst thing to ever happen to me."

She suppressed a laugh and rubbed her stomach, actually smiling a bit.
    "Can't believe I'm now thinking about being a mother. And... actually hoping you'll be a girl. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. But... you know what? I'm not going to run from this."
  • Options
    Scott also walked into the infirmary, walking over to Sarah. "So you're alright then?"

"Yes," Sarah replied.

"Good. I've already started making preparations for the Legacy's shakedown cruise," Scott said. "Anything else?"

"Not really," answered Sarah, who went to get up and leave. The resident doctor motioned her to stop moving. "Where do you think you're going, captain?"

"Back to my ship, obviously," replied Sarah, still getting ready to leave. "I'll let my CMO know if anything weird happens."
    With that, she walked out, despite any apparent disagreement. Nat and Jim just deadpanned to each other, and Nat walked out, followed by Jim. Jim headed off to prepare the Firestorm F for a test run, and Nat went out to find the Commodore again.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Elric sat in the Conference room next to Operations, looking through the PADD in his hands. Moments later, Jessie entered and joined him.

"Everything checks out with my program health," she said, settling in. "You?"

Elric nodded. "I'm good, thanks. But while I was in the Infirmary, I found the Professor's personal PADD. It looks like he and Claire were consulting."

"Well, of course," she replied. "We were trying to track you down, and the Professor provided information from the future, which he received through his Borg implants; the same info that sent you away."

The Captain nodded. "Yeah, but there's more than temporary temporal device schematics to their consultations. Claire and I were researching an Ancient El-Aurian stone tablet we recovered from a deviant-Caitian secret organization. It leads to additional artifacts related to a medallion, possibly one of many, and an ancient amplifier box that I recovered earlier. I think Raven helped her decipher this and now she's gone off on her own to find them."

"I suspected her motivations were something more," Jessie replied. "I suppose she realized you were more a burden than a help after she was forced to help you in that alternate Mirror Universe battle."

The Human put the PADD down. "Agreed. At least, because of that, I've got a little more leeway in my duties. I've been allowed to pursue this as a mission and investigate further. That means going where Claire's disappeared to, and this data tells me exactly where that is."

"When do we leave?"

He got up. "Right now. Once again, I don't have much of a crew, so we're just taking the top vector of the Amaterasu. Any crew I can muster would help, but they still won't assign people to me."

"I'll prepare Amaterasu Alpha for interstellar travel anyway," the hologram added, getting up as well.

Elric eyed her. "You always deliver, Jessie. Dismissed."
  • Options
    Earth Spacedock, Holodeck
    Nat and Nat entered the holodeck. The Commodore looked around at the mess of the walls, covered in weird diamond shapes and the like. The admiral, obviously, didn't think anything of them, while working away on the console in the entryway.

"Commodore, I have a few things to show you," said the admiral, as the Commodore turned to him in response. "Particular history that the catching up program probably won't show much of. Family history, really."

"Oh?" asked the Commodore. "I suppose that explains this strange room?"

"Of course. It's a holodeck," replied the admiral, "creates 3 dimensional holographic images and such that you can touch and interact with. You'll love it, but that's not the point."

"I suppose somebody had to do it," answered the Commodore. "I take it you plan on telling me what I missed while I was away? What ever happens to my..." he went on, narrowing his eyes, "son?"

Admiral Nat just rolled his eyes in response. "Obviously, and yes, he was a son. I'm honestly a little surprised that you didn't know that. Regardless, yes. Him, and his own son, also my dad. It's quite a story."

He pressed a button on the console, and the bridge changed into something akin to a typical bridge of a 23rd century starship from after the Technology Modified Program's refits. The walls were covered the consoles. The Commodore looked around, noticing a mere one door, with the dedication plaque close by. Then to the right, was a station labelled as science, all as one console with another station named as communications. Both stations had seats evidently occupied by holographic officers in some futuristic uniform, mostly red. Then a Master Systems display. Then Auxiliary Systems, and Weapons Systems, and Tactical, and Gravity Control, Internal Security, Damage Control and Repair... the viewscreen, then Engineering, Propulsion Systems, and Environment. In the middle, was the expected Helm and Navigation station, and the central command chair. The captain kinda looked like the Commodore.

"Commodore?" said the admiral, trying to get his great grandfather's attention. "This is the Firestorm. Also the first of her line, if you go by registry numbers, anyway. She didn't get an A added to the previous one's number like the Enterprise, at least not this time. Another Ranger class, but one of those TMP refits. I included the crew, of course... your own son is in the command chair, right there."

"Well..." said the Commodore, speechless. "I guess he aged well. What's he like? Do you know?" asked the Commodore.

"He's a pretty nice guy," replied the admiral, "not as cheerful after the Firestorm C was lost with all hands, but yeah... this ship, by the way, was destroyed by Klingons, but most of the crew got away."

"Klingons," the Commodore replied, "of course it was Klingons. What happened to him?"

"Escaped and commanded the Firestorm A." The admiral walked over to the console and pressed another button, morphing the bridge into... another bridge. This one wasn't nearly as uniform. The command chair. A couple of forward stations. A couple side stations. Numerous aft stations, some of which were facing forward. Some support beams scattered around. "A Miranda class frigate. Captained by your son, and then by your grandson. She was in service for a long time, safe to say."

The Commodore observed the changed holographic crew, who were wearing different uniforms. Black, with variously colored shoulders. Some red, some yellow, some blue. He could swear the red and yellow were switched from his day. The captain was pretty similar to the first. "So who blew up this one?"

"Dominion," answered the admiral. "By the way, don't be surprised if we come back here later, I feel like there's a lot we could go into. Lining up starships seemed like the obvious approach, but I imagine there's more you'll wanna know later."

"Of course," replied the Commodore as the admiral changed the scene again. Another bridge. The officers' uniforms had grey shoulders now, and their collars were colored like their shoulders were before. The bridge itself seemed somewhat fighter oriented. "A carrier?"

"Escort carrier, the Firestorm B. Same guy in charge. More crew. A few passengers," the admiral said, sighing. "Well, just me, really."

"You?" asked the Commodore. "I can see the date on that console, you know. You must've been, like, 5. You allow children on your warships now?"

"For a while, sorta," replied the admiral. "We all kinda figured out it was a bad idea and stopped doing, more or less. I was an exception, to be honest. Didn't have anywhere else to go, since my mother died..."

"Oh, I'm sorry," said the Commodore, saddened. "That... explains a few things."

The admiral sighed and changed the scene again. Obviously, there were a lot of Firestorms to work their way through. This bridge actually looked similar in shape, but the arrangement was different. Brighter. More efficient looking. Also more warlike, evidently. "I take it this is the Firestorm... C?"

"Exactly," answered the admiral. "He died here. Of course, I was already in the Academy at the time, so..."

The Commodore just looked back at him, evidently not knowing what to say. The admiral just sighed, evidently holding back... something. Unpleasant, really, as he deactivated the holodeck program. "Don't worry too much about the Firestorm D, E, or F, I had all those covered. Eventually."

With that, the admiral walked out, not saying another word. The Commodore looked around, sighed, and headed out for the original Firestorm.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.