What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,762 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Elric entered the Bridge of the U.S.S. Amaterasu. There he was met with the crew, Scott and Krystal. He nodded to them and then looked to the view screen which showed the other resting ships and the Mephiles. Elric then looked to Claire, who was still at the helm. Her return gaze showed she knew he knew about the warp core modification.

"So, you have access to temporal technology?" Elric asked her.

Claire shook her head. "I was able to get intel about this place from your own Starfleet interactions with Daniels, but actually getting here wasn't possible for me. Stealing the ship was easy, but it was your own Professor that gave me the schematics for a device that would link to a starship's engines. Unfortunately, the way they're configured allows for only two jumps: the one to get here, and the one to get back."

"What are you saying; someone from the future, the same person I thought was communicating with me, gave him temporal blue prints? I thought that was all an illusion by the Xzarefiin?" Elric said.

The other woman shrugged. "Maybe some parts of your experience were, and some were real. You did cross a temporal tear in space-time to get here, after all."

"This is crazy. The only reason I can imagine for my needing to be here is if encountering my future self and saving me was the goal to begin with anyway."

Claire smirked. "And I need you for my own mission, so shall we get back to our universe? With the device in engineering, we've got a one-time shot."

"There's a lot more explaining you're going to have to do," Elric replied before turning to the view screen. "Jessie, hail the Mephiles. —Admiral Nat, do we have everyone we need? Is Lyras back?"
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    "Not yet," the admiral replied. "However, I do not recommend all of us staying here for one ship. I suggest you and the Firestorms go back to spacedock, and we will return when Lyras is ready."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    "Acknowledged," Elric replied. "We'll see you back at Spacedock." The channel closed and he turned to Jessie at tactical. "Prepare the temporal jump," he ordered. "Engage when ready."

The holographic officer nodded and began the sequence. The ship jumped into a flash and disappeared from the temporal fracture. It re-appeared back outside of Earth Spacedock, nearly a month later from the time he and everyone left for the fracture. The Amaterasu made contact with Operations and returned to the station, where everyone was free to depart the ship at their leisure.
  • Options
    The Firestorm and Firestorm F followed, and the I.S.S. Sally just took off elsewhere.
    One Month Later, Earth Spacedock
    The Firestorm, Firestorm F, and soon after, the Mephiles all arrived, just behind the Amaterasu. Soon enough, Nat and Sarah made their way to the food court on ESD, only to find that 11 of 14, Commodore Nat, Jim, and Scott were all already there at a large table waiting for them. Nat sat down at the end, opposite of the Commodore, while Sarah sat down by the closest corner, sitting beside Scott.

"So what now?" asked Commodore Nat. "I'm lost, by the way."

"I know," replied the resident admiral. "Of course, we can't send you back to your time, because you'd tell them everything. Or not, but we won't risk it. You're stuck here..." Admiral Nat continued, handing him a padd. "Of course, so are a lot of people on Deep Space K-13. I'm giving you the original Firestorm, after all, she is your ship... and sending you there to go through whatever modernization training Starfleet is putting the officers recovered from there through. Hey, you might even find some applicants for your crew... although I imagine you'll need a handful of typical 25th century crew, I can always assign some later, and I'll have to at least assign you a skeleton crew so you can actually travel to K-13."

"You're letting me my commission after 2 centuries?" Commodore Nat replied. "Well, I suppose the training program makes sense, but still..."

"Of course, you'll only be a provisional Commodore until you're done, after which you'll be fully commissioned again... well, as a Rear Admiral Lower Half, which I do believe is the modern equivalent," the admiral replied. "You can leave whenever you're ready. Or feel free to stick around and explore, you might find the place interesting."

"So what about me?" asked Sarah. "In case you haven't noticed, I've lost 3 ships under my command. All by accidents."

"All of which were technically on my watch, by the way..." Scott said, "all incidental, obviously."

"Yes..." Admiral Nat replied cautiously. "A burden poor Sarah hopefully won't be stuck with. "I'm giving you another ship, and making Scott you first officer... again. You'll actually have all the same officers you had on the Firestorm K, and then some. A lot of some, actually, the ship has a crew of over a thousand."

"The alternate U.S.S. Sally you've evidently relocated from?" Sarah asked.

"Believe it or not..." the admiral replied. "No."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,158 Community Moderator
    Krystal entered the cafeteria, drinking a soda and looking over some reports on her PADD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    "It's done..." Volaas murmured, straightening. He turned to Lyras. "The temporal rifts have been closed. The catastrophe has been averted." He looked tired, like he'd just run a marathon.

"So... we can go now?" questioned, shifting from foot to foot impatiently.

"Yes..." The Xzarefiin said. Pausing, he added, "There is... Well... another thing..."

Lyras just raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

"I... I need to apologize." Volaas murmured, gaze downcast with shame. "Even though it was against my will, I tortured you all for... all those years-" His voice broke, eyes scrunched shut with emotion.

"It's all right, Volaas," Captain Williams approached his former torturer, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Lyras and all of us from the Venture, we had a talk when you were going over war plans with Sahasa. We all agreed that we wouldn't hold anything against you for... all of this."

Lyras's mother joined in, "Besides... If it weren't for you, we would never have known what really happened - or what will happen - to Lyras." The human gazed at her Vulcan daughter affectionately, and Lyras could feel the others' eyes on her as well.

"Mother... Father... Everybody..." she gazed at each of the Venture's crew in turn, eyes pained. "I guess... I guess this is it... we'll never... never see each other-" she let out a choked sob. These fourteen humans had been through a fate worse than death with her, giving her love and support throughout her life. And now she would not - could not - ever see them again. "I... I love you... all of you... more than I could ever tell you. Thank you... thank you so much... for everything." she whispered shakily.

"Captain Nat..." Lyras turned, remembering the presence of the Captain with a start. Detaching herself from the throng, she made her way over to the god-like being. "Could you take them back to where they were before all this mess?" She asked him quietly, jerking her head in the direction of the Venture's crew. "We of the Eterna would beam back to the ship and make our way back to Earth Spacedock, if that's all right with you."

Volaas tapped her on the shoulder. "Apologies for the interruption..." he murmured. Nodding to the hyper-Q, she turned to the Xzarefiin. "If..." he took a deep breath, "If you'll have me, I would very much like to become a member of your crew." Lyras blinked a few times, her mind reeling at the unexpected turn of events. Volaas wanted to become a member of her crew?

"Why?" She finally managed, still baffled.

"Why not? Your mission is one of exploration and discovery, isn't it? That makes for feelings of curiosity." Volaas smiled at her. Turning serious, he added, "Besides... Irora's still out there and you, well... wouldn't be able to do much against him alone."

She was silent for several moments before nodding. "Agreed. Welcome aboard, Volaas." Her lips twitched into a small smile. "Captain," Her first officer called. "We've managed to get back in touch with Daniels and the Eterna. He's ready to beam us back to the ship."

"Tell Daniels to beam up Volaas as well. He's joining the crew." Lyras replied.

Moments later, they heard the hum of the transporters and found themselves on the bridge of the Eterna. "Lissan," she addressed the Aenar, "can you fill Daniels in on everything that happened?"

"Of course, Captain." Lissan nodded and made her way over to the temporal agent.
  • Options
    After ordering the holographic crewman to plot a course out of the fracture, the Eterna made their way to Earth Spacedock.

"Chronometers indicate that approximately a month and a half has passed in normal space since we entered the fracture." O'Donnell reported from a console to her right. Lyras gave a nod from the Captain's chair in acknowledgement, and ordered the crew to begin docking procedures.

About halfway through the journey back to the Sol System, Daniels had left to, as he put it, "Report to the higher-ups." Not, however, before giving her a blistering verbal tongue-lashing about "her duty to protect the timeline." She was just grateful he didn't fire her as a temporal agent.

She hoped whoever Daniels' "higher ups" were didn't determine otherwise... What if they decide I'm no longer needed and send me back to the past when my ship exploded? She shuddered internally.

Emerging from her thoughts, she realized that the ship had already docked. "Let's get down to the Spacedock." she said, stretching as she got up off her seat and made her way to the transporter room.

-x-

Materializing, The Vulcan Captain stepped off the transporter pad. "I wonder if I should tell Admiral Quin or someone what happened..." she murmured idly.
  • Options
    Temporal Facility, just moments before Captain Nat left
    "Of course," Nat replied, sending the various persons back to wherever, and whenever they were meant to be.

"Anyway, if you guys have any more problems with Irora, let me know. As for you..." he went on, motioning "Agent 47" to follow him aside. "Well... you're the Sarah from my universe, aren't you?"

"Evidently," Agent 47 replied. "Still, that can wait. We need to get back up there and find out what the hell is going on."

"Agreed," the captain replied, as the duo vanished into a flash of light and appeared on the bridge of the Mephiles in the immediate past.
    Earth Spacedock
    "So tell me more about this new ship and how you found her in the last 5 minutes," Sarah remarked.

"Oh, right," the admiral replied. "I'd actually been trying to find her a captain and crew for a little while now, you just opened up an opportunity. Your new ship is a nice little, well, not little, ship called the U.S.S. Legacy, a Guardian class cruiser."

"Sounds fun," Sarah replied jokingly. "Let's hope Scott doesn't blow it up this time."

Scott sighed, and Jim spoke up. "Well, speaking of moving from one old flagship to another..."

Admiral Nat held up a hand, motioning for Jim to stop. "No, I'm not moving base back to the Firestorm F. I would, but it turns out larger stealth ships are actually better suited for an admiral's command ship, and I've got to actually start being an admiral someday, you know," Nat said, handing Jim another padd. "The Firestorm F is your job now. Have fun."

Jim was taken aback by this, safe to say. He hadn't expected something like this so soon. Sure, he had held the rank of captain for a couple years now, but... he figured things weren't really much different, since the admiral was always in command anyway. Now he actually had a ship of his own, and the Firestorm, no less. "Well, thanks," Jim replied, taking the padd.

"So who'll be your new first officer?" 11 asked the admiral, somewhat cautiously, although he was already handing her another padd.

"You, obviously," Nat replied, "makes sense to make my second officer my new first officer when I send my old first officer away."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,158 Community Moderator
    Krystal eventually made her way over by Nat and found a spot, still reading her PADD and taking a drink of her soda.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    "So that's it?" asked Sarah. "Do we finally get a break from constant chaos?"

"Finally," replied the admiral. "Enjoy it while you can, I suspect it won't last. It never does."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Earth Spacedock, Food Court

Elric approached a table on its own, near Krystal's table and Nat and Sarah's large table. He was joined by the holographic engineer, Jessie, who handed him a PADD.

"Bad news," she said. "Your friend has disappeared again."

Elric suppressed his shock as he took the report detailing Claire's information. "Of course she has. She's now wanted for stealing the Amaterasu, which seems to be a thing that happens to that ship a lot."

"Even if she went to trial with me, wouldn't we both get off since we helped save the universe?" Jessie asked.

The Captain nodded. "Probably. But she doesn't have time for that. She's a treasure hunter, and Federation bureaucracy is something that would just slow her down."

"One more thing," Jessie said as reached over and switched the PADD's display to something else. "Professor Raven was finally discharged in the time we were displaced. He received a coded message from the future, along with the temporary time device schematics that Claire and I got. It's coded only to you to view."

Elric activated the PADD's encoded message, using his credentials. A playback image of himself appeared on the screen. "Hello, Elric. I don't have much time, so listen to me. A long time ago, I nearly died in a temporal incident with the time traveler Grevkas. I've spent every day since then trying to avoid his murderous outrage, but if you're watching this right now, that means you helped me avoid another one. I owe you one."

"Wait a second," the Captain shook his head. "If I sent a message from the future and changed the past, then that future should have never existed, right? So, how could I have sent the message in the first place? Am I making any sense?"

Jessie shook her head. "My advice in making sense of temporal paradoxes is simple. Don't even try."
  • Options
    Sarah got up, hands still on the table. "Well, I'm done here then. See you all later."
    She started walking away, but slowed down for a moment. "What... the Breen are taking over the wha..." she mumbled, falling unconscious and after a moment, onto the floor.

Nat and the others just sat there for a moment, looking in her direction, surprised. Realizing the severity of the situation, they scrambled up and ran over, as Nat called out for a medic and Scott started running some scans with his tricorder.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal looked up from her PADD, wondering what was going on now and hoping it wasn't yet another crisis.
  • Options
    "Oh no..." said Scott, reaching a hand out to the others. "Nobody move!"

Nat just stopped, replying, "what is it?"

"Chronitons," Scott replied. "Probably from the temporal fracture. They're concentrated in her brain..."

"Will the same thing happen to us?" asked Jim.

Scott stopped scanning Sarah, turned, and started scanning Nat. Evidently, he was somewhat relieved. "Nat's fine. There are still chronitons in his system, obviously... but nothing to worry about."

A medical officer arrived and finally started taking care of Sarah, while Scott quickly scanned himself, then moved on to Jim. Both were fine; he moved on to the Commodore and 11, evidently with the same result. He moved over to scan Krystal... "ok, you seem to be carrying a few more chronitons than the rest of us, but it's nothing to worry about..." Scott said, continuing scanning, "but I'd seriously recommend you stay somewhere where we can easily reach you."

"Why..." asked Nat, turning to Elric. Scott walked over and scanned him. "Same as the rest of us. Lots of chronitons, but luckily safe. What's the difference..." Scott stopped, curious.

"Wait..." Nat said, sitting back down, thinking. "Could it be from that other time she took a hit from a chroniton torpedo at the Battle of Procyon V?"

"Maybe...?" Scott replied, unsure of himself at this point.
    Captain's Dining Room, S.S. Firestorm NCC-144017-F (Now Retired Into Civilian Service), 2433
    "The Rolor Nebula," replied Nat, apparently much older and no longer wearing his typical admiral's uniform. "The Breen are demanding that the Federation evacuate every one of us somewhere else. We, obviously, we declining."
    He sighed, turning to Jim, who was also somewhat older (and hadn't aged well), and now apparently a Starfleet Vice Admiral. "Jim, are you sure you can't call in Starfleet?"

"Yes," replied Jim, evidently not happy with the decision. "The Federation is already at a state of total war. We can't afford to send any more ships just to defend some colony and provoke the Breen into a possible war!"

"Some colony!?" Nat replied, almost angry. "I've been here for just over ten years now, running the place," he said, walking over to a window, with a view of some planet outside. "Look what we've built. Now it's just some colony? What..." he stopped, turning to Sek, who really hadn't changed at all, "have you gotten anywhere?"

"Sorry," Sek replied, "even as the Federation's ambassador to the Confederacy, I can only do so much..."

Sarah raised an eyebrow, confused as all hell. She looked around, and eventually realized that she, too, had aged a good 20 years or so, and had evidently retired or... something. She couldn't help but notice a display with the ship's name; the S.S. Firestorm. Was she retired into civilian service or something?

Then after a moment, everything went white again.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal put her PADD down, revealing it was a report on some deflector upgrades to the Lexington.
    "Never a dull moment with you guys is there?" she asked.
  • Options
    "Nope," the admiral replied, evidently not surprised anymore. Salora arrived with another nurse, and soon took Sarah down to the infirmary to be cared for.

Nat and the others returned to their seats, sighing. "Here we go again," Scott said.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Well, I guess you'd better get decontaminated," suggested Jessie. "Since I'm a hologram, I'm immune. Though, I should probably have my program checked, just in case."

Elric nodded. "I'll catch up with you later." He then made his way to the Infirmary with the others.
  • Options
    Nat shrugged and got up to follow Elric, trailed by his officers and such.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krsytal groaned, grabbed her PADD and soda, and followed Nat.
  • Options
    They arrived in the infirmary, placing Sarah on a bed. Nat just stood around elsewhere.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "With how long its been since we were exposed, why is this coming up now?" Krystal asked.
  • Options
    "What's going on?" Lyras wondered aloud, entering the infirmary only to find Captain Elric and Admiral Nat. Could it be...? "Are you hearing voices, too?" She asked, referencing her reason for visiting. She cringed internally, Why did I just say that? Now they will all think I'm going crazy!

"You already are crazy." The voice in her head chuckled.

"Shut up, dammit! I didn't ask for your opinion!" Lyras snapped, and then blanched when she realized she had said that out loud. She groaned, massaging her forehead with her fingers.

"It won't help you know," the voice stated matter-of-factly. She ignored it, switching to her rubbing her temples.
  • Options
    "Voices?" Nat asked, confused. "No, we're just here because we've loaded with chronitons from all that temporal stuff. I suggest you stick around for the same, and Krystal, we just got back, we simply didn't think of it before, nor did we expect it would be this dangerous."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "Hm. Lyras, perhaps you should go first and get a full scan, just in case?" Elric suggested. "Something seems off."
  • Options
    "What now?" asked Nat, tired of all the constant crisis. "Signs of another illusion?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal just gave everyone a deadpan look.
  • Options
    "What?" asked the admiral sarcastically.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    "I... guess? I mean... it's probably just stress..." she shrugged. "And I wouldn't worry about any residual effects. I mean, I was there for twenty years and I haven't had anything horrible happen to me. Nothing related to chronitons, anyway." She paused for a moment, thinking, "I can ask Volaas, if you want. I think he'd be able to tell us what's up - with the chronitons, anyway."

Before she could tap her commbadge, however, the doors to the infirmary opened to reveal Jonathan Edwards and Volaas chatting about something she couldn't quite make out. Well, that's convenient.

"Captain?" the Eterna's CMO sounded puzzled, "What are you doing here?"

"Heh, I could ask the same thing of you two. What are you guys doing here?" A faint smile curled at the Vulcan's lips.

"I was conducting Volaas's physical, but there's some aspects of his physiology that, in order to be monitored, need equipment more complex than what we have on the Eterna at the moment." The doctor explained. "And you?"

"Oh, well... it's probably just stress, but, um..." She trailed off. Looking at Volaas, she exclaimed, "Oh that reminds me, we need your help, Volaas!"

"How may I be of service?" Volaas inquired, smiling a little.

"Honestly? I'm not really sure. Something involving chronitons. They'd be able to explain better than I can." Lyras indicated Admiral Nat and Captain Elric.
  • Options
    "We're full of them," Nat replied. "They're affecting Sarah's brain in particular, although we suspect it may also be connected to a previous temporal event that affected her. The rest of us are probably fine, but figured we should be decontaminated just to be safe."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Options
    Krystal is now sitting on a biobed looking annoyed.