test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    "Well... that's a pretty direct threat to someone," Krystal replied.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    "I know," said Sarah. "We may have to take on the Na'kuhl directly and capture whoever's in charge of their mission. It'd be nice if you could stick around and help out."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    Krystal thought for a moment before nodding.
    "Count me in," she said.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    "Ok, I'll let you know when we need you over here," replied Sarah, "whenever that is."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

"If time travel is involved... it could be in five minutes, or next week."
    "Of course," replied Sarah.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"We didn't take as much damage in that last engagement so if you need any help, I can spare a team or two," Krystal offered.
    "I'm pretty sure Shivak has it covered, but thanks anyway."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Let me know if anything comes up."
    "I will."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Lexington out."
    Krystal tapped the control, cutting the channel, and leaned back in her seat with a sigh. Now... it was a waiting game.
    Sarah leaned back in her seat, and soon, a ring came from the door. "Come in."

Scott and Prala entered, with Prala speaking up, "they won't take too long to come back. We need to come up with a plan."

"I noticed," replied Sarah, "any ideas?"

"One," replied Prala, "it's crazy, but it just might work. I mean, if we can capture the Na'kuhl leader in charge of getting Scott... out of the way, so to speak, they might give up. The problem would be getting him to stick around long enough to actually catch him."

"Ok..." answered Sarah, "how can we do that?"

"Anti-chronitons," said Prala, finding a seat and sitting down. "Even if they manage to reach warp, it would only be a matter of chasing them down. The only way to trap them here, indefinitely, is to disable their temporal travel capabilities. We almost succeeded once, but we never got a chance to try again."

"How'd you manage it the first time?" asked Sarah, actually quite curious.

"Anti-chroniton infused Tetryon weapons. They emit enough anti-chronitons to instantly destabilize any temporal rift in their line of fire, and the weapons themselves can be identified from any other tetryon weapon until they're powered up." Prala reclined back in her seat, as Scott sat down as well. Prala continued, "of course, they won't come if we're hanging around, because they know we have those kinds of weapons. You, on the other hand, don't have anti-chroniton weapons, at least not that the Na'kuhl will be aware of."

"Oh?"

"I wouldn't recommend refitting the Legacy with those kinds of weapons, as such a refit would be too easy for them to detect, and I'd rather not have them stage some hostage situation or whatnot," said Prala.

"So what do we do?" asked Sarah.

"Refit a single shuttlecraft. Preferably something fast and reasonably defensible," replied Prala. "It can hide in the asteroid belt. When the Na'kuhl come, you, and the Lexington, would try to fight them off. Target their temporal drives until their leader's ship attempts to open a temporal rift, and then have the refitted shuttle destabilize the rift. Continue doing so every time they open a rift until their temporal drive is offline."

"Couldn't you just do the same thing with your ship?" asked Scott.

"No. We'd show up eventually, but it would take a few minutes. Precious minutes," answered Prala. "I wouldn't want to try coming in using a temporal portal, with all the anti-chronitons that might be flying around..."

"I'm assuming the anti-chronitons will eventually disperse after we're long finished?" asked Sarah.

"Yes," replied Prala, "once we capture their leader's ship, we take him into custody and hand him over to the proper authorities. Game won."

"Assuming the shuttle can survive..." questioned Sarah. "I suppose Shivak could whip something up, but still... we'll need to discuss this with the rest of my officers, and Captain Jade of the Lexington, for obvious reasons."

"Of course. Take your time," replied Prala, "within reason, I'd rather not wait for the Na'kuhl to come in much greater force."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal checked with her XO about making sure the ship was ready for anything before going to the replicator and getting herself a mug of hot chocolate.
    "How can we be sure they'll show up?" asked Scott.

"We can't, but knowing them, they will," replied Prala. "I suppose you'll want to discuss the plan with your officers, and a few of my own that would end up helping your own upgrade a shuttlecraft."

"Yes," replied Sarah, pressing a button on her desk console. "Shivak, bring the senior staff together in the conference room, and ask Krystal to come over and join us, I'm sure she'll want to know what's going on."

"Yes, captain," replied Shivak over the comms.

Sarah and Scott nodded to each other, and the three of them headed for the conference room.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Several minutes later, Krystal beamed over and made her way to the conference room. In her hand was a thermal travel mug with a lid, and was accompanied by her XO, an Andorian woman with long white hair.
    Eventually, they all arrived in the conference room. It was actually on a level above the bridge, labelled as deck one, upper level. It was fairly spacious, with numerous windows. Sarah sat at the one end, with other officers scattered about. Scott, the first officer. Shivak, the chief engineer. Cujo, the Bajoran woman, chief tactical officer. An empty seat, evidently intended for Harrison, chief of security. Jenn, the mission operations and intelligence officer. Grakor, operations officer. The helmsman, a Vulcan male named Sirok. 2 of 7, the chief science officer. Salora, the medical officer. Also seated were Prala and two of her officers, and soon enough, Krystal and her own first officer arrived.

"Well, take a seat," said Sarah, standing up. "We've got an interesting battle ahead of us, evidently."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal shrugged as she took a sip from her travel mug.
    "Isn't any other kind when the Lexington's involved in my experience," she said. "What we got?"
    edited April 2017
    "A crazy plan," said Sarah, "this is Captain Prala of the Krenim ship K.I.V. Kyama, by the way," she went on, motioning to Prala."

"Actually, it's the K.I.V. Kyana," corrected Prala.

"Ok, you know what I mean," replied Sarah. "This, of course, is Captain Jade of the U.S.S. Lexington," she continued, motioning to Krystal.
    U.S.S. Mephiles, Admiral's Office
    Nat heard his door chirp with a visitor, and he called them in. Jim and Harrison both entered. Jim sat down, evidently already knowing what was coming. Harrison, comparatively confused, sat down. "You asked for me, admiral?" asked Harrison.

"Yes," already Nat. "For a special mission, naturally. Ever want to see what happens when you liberate an entire Borg Unimatrix at once?"

"Sure," replied Harrison, a little uneasy, "...where do I come in?"

"The most enjoyable part, naturally," said Nat, handing Harrison a PADD. "You'll be with a team of MACOs infiltrating an extremely well fortified Borg Unimatrix Complex and uploading some new virus to the central hub. The Borg Coorperative will already have ships on standby to clean up the resulting mess of newly freed Borg, assuming it works."

"Seems simple enough," said Harrison, narrowing his eyes. "Where's the catch?"

"The hub itself is protected by a room full of airborne nanites of every variety. Anything, alive or otherwise, that enters would be assimilated instantly. We'll have assigning a hologram to your team that'll be projected by a somewhat large mobile emitter that you'll have to set up outside the hub... well, it's a long story. You'll be briefed later, if you're crazy enough to join in."

"It's volunteer?" asked Harrison, surprised.

"Well, the alternative is a shift scrubbing warp conduits. Your choice," answered Jim, somewhat sarcastically. Nat just chuckled at the response.

"Ok," replied Harrison. "Where do I start?"

"Just... stay here," replied the admiral. "Jim will be leading the mission aboard the Firestorm F, but we'll need somebody with Borg experience on the ground. I actually do have someone in mind, but I don't know if he'd..."

"Sure, I can do it," replied Jim jokingly.

"Not you, silly," replied Nat. "Another guy. You're in space, remember?"

"Right," said Jim.

Nat pressed a button on his desk console, contacting the Amaterasu. "This is Admiral Nat. Is Elric there by any chance?"​​
    Post edited by admiralnat on
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal raised her travel mug a bit in response before taking a drink.
    "Well, as you know, a trio of Na'kuhl battlecruisers attacked the U.S.S. Legacy just an hour or so ago," said Sarah, starting a bit of a speech. "According to information from Captain Prala, they were specifically targeting Scott, and to make matters worse, they have been trying to get at him for years already, but hadn't decided to attack him directly until now. We believe that if we leave the protection of the Kyana, they will definitely try again."

"Naturally, our plan is to take advantage of that," Prala said, continuing, "if we can lure them out again, we should try to capture whoever is leading their operation. Once we do, if we do, the other Na'kuhl should give up, and either way, we'll have a valuable source of information regarding Na'kuhl operations in general. I think we can all agree that would be worth it in itself."

"Obviously, it's not that simple," replied Sarah. "If we managed to do enough damage to disable their command ship's systems, you can be sure they'd open a temporal portal and leave, leaving us here in the present. By the time they came back, we'd be starting over again, so we'll need a way to destabilize any temporal portals they generate, and prevent them from making more."

"We could just shoot the portals with our weapons, couldn't we?" asked Cujo.

"Sadly, no," answered Prala. "Their temporal portals are meant to be resistant to weapons fire, in case they need to escape a battle at moment's notice. We'll need to make use of specialty anti-chroniton infused weapons. Anti-chronitons, by nature, interfere with chroniton-based portals."

"That seems logical," said Shivak. "Would the Na'kuhl not detect the presence of such weapons on our ship?"

"Of course they would," replied Sarah. "That's why we plan to refit a shuttle and have it hide where the Na'kuhl can't see it. The Na'kuhl then attack us, we, and the Lexington, try to disable their temporal drive. If they try to open a temporal rift, the shuttle destabilizes the portal. We keep fighting and closing rifts until we manage to capture whoever is in charge."

"The Kyana, by the way, won't be able to support you in battle immediately," said Prala. "It would be too dangerous to use temporal portals to enter a battlefield full of anti-chronitons, so we'll have to wait in this time, out in another sector. When you signal us, we'll move in using conventional warp. We'll show up eventually, but until then, you'll be on your own."

"That shuttlecraft is likely to take on a lot of weapons fire," warned Shivak. "I'll have to upgrade their defenses as well. Permission to outfit one of the Delta Flyers instead of a regular shuttle?"

"Granted," replied Sarah, "use shuttle number 3, the Delta Flyer..." she went on, checking her PADD for something, "...the U.S.S. Nova Scotia?"

"Consider it done," replied Shivak, turning to Grakor, "I'll need to contact Utopia Planitia about acquiring some equipment to improve the Nova Scotia's defenses. I take it you can assist me?"

"I can," answered Grakor.

"Well, there we go. 2 of 7 will be commanding the shuttle and manning the science station, Grakor at operations, and Sirok will be the pilot," said Sarah, continuing, "Shivak, you can assign them an engineer to man the engineering station. Any questions?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    U.S.S. Amaterasu Alpha, Bridge

The top-third of the U.S.S. Amaterasu sat out in orbit of Forlat III. On the Bridge, Jessie worked tirelessly on the holographic emitter systems until finally succeeding in her goal.

"Yes, I did it!" the holographic engineer exclaimed when suddenly the entire ship filled out with holographic crew in Starfleet uniforms. "Jessie to Captain Elric," she tapped her commbadge. "I've got ourselves a crew finally. Only, they're randomly based on the Federation database of officers who have served in Starfleet, so their uniforms may vary by era."

Forlat III, Underground Catacombs

A stolen Starfleet Runabout and a Stalker Stealth Fighter sat at the centre of an abandoned cluster of ancient ruins. Elric, with Zeta on his shoulder, were beneath them, traversing rocky tunnels and dodging inbound, attacking, giant blocks.

"Ugh! Great, but now's not the time, Lieutenant," Elric managed leaping over another sprung trap of spikes, ejecting from below his feet. He grabbed onto the side of the wall and pushed him passed all the chaos, further into the tunnel.

*Click!* Zeta said in shock.

Jessie replied over comms, "Right, sorry. So, how's it going? Did you find another piece of that El Aurian artifact?"

"I found the craft Claire stole and a Caitian Stealth Fighter; both were empty," the Captain replied just as he came to a door covered in ancient text and Mugato head spikes of varying sizes. "Whoa, I've reached an entrance. It's the same one the tablet described. Only, this is saying 'the death from above, harkens close to the season'."

Over comms, Jessie hesitated. "So, not only did another offshoot El Aurian culture inhabit this planet, with their Mugato-offshoots, but they somehow knew its future?"

"Yeah, well, it's not surprising since some of their culture have been known to exhibit extra-dimensional sensory," Elric said. "Hold on, Forlat was taken by a Crystalline entity, and one of these head spikes indicates that with an etching on its side."

The Captain slowly reached over and pulled the severed horn, causing the cave to shake and the door to slowly open. Inside, was a giant chamber, covered in jewelry and latinum. At its centre was a pedestal and an artifact on it, while a Caitian woman stood over an injured and floored Claire.

"Who the hell are you?" Elric asked in shock.

The other woman eyed him. "The name's Seline," she replied. "And you're the officer who captured all my men."
    Krystal thought for a moment.
    "Lexington's phaser arrays had been modified to fire a Phased Tetryon beam in the past. Maybe we can use that to our advantage. And... I might be able to call in some help of my own as well," she said.
    U.S.S. Mephiles, Admiral's Office
    "Sir, we're not able to contact the Amaterasu right now,," replied the voice of some communications officer over the comms, "the ship is gone."

"Oh," said Nat, sighing. "Well, looks you're getting your wish. I suppose your first officer knows something about commanding starships while his captain is away?"

"I guess," replied Jim, "1 of 6 seems to know what he's doing."

Nat just chuckled to himself. "I'm sure he does. That's why I assigned him to you, silly."

"So is there going to be a... formal briefing of some kind?" asked Harrison, a little uncomfortable with the possible over relaxed tone of his superior officers.

"Of course," replied the admiral, "always do, and you'll probably want to meet everyone you'll be working with anyway."

"Well, we better all get going then," said Jim, getting up to head for the door, but then stopping and turning back, "wait, why'd you pull Harrison out for this, anyway? You and I both know we can get dedicated MACOs a dime a dozen."

"Eh, I just figured going out on a shakedown cruise would be too boring for him," joked Nat, "besides, you never know who he might meet on your trip. Safe to say we found quite a few interesting people for ourselves, and they're the majority of my own senior staff now... and yours. Scott. Sek. Gydl. 11 of 14, if you want to be technical. Most of the other liberated Borg, including 8 of 14. Salora and those Jem'Hadar. Pevro. Who knows," the admiral said, going on and on and on, "maybe you'll find somebody to join the crew of the Firestorm, or maybe, just maybe, our newer guy here will find somebody for the Legacy... but if only if Sarah's ok with it."

Harrison just nodded in response. Jim motioned him to follow. "Well, let's go." He turned to Nat, "see ya around, admiral."

Nat waved once, and the 2 left. Nat sat for a moment, then relaxed back in his chair.
    U.S.S. Legacy, Conference Room
    "Bad idea, believe it or not," replied Prala, "the Na'kuhl would detect the anti-chroniton weapons immediately, and wouldn't even come. Hanging out with a battle ready armada is an even worse idea. Sorry."

"Actually, a recommendation," spoke up one of Prala's officers, an engineer, "since I'll be working to help Shivak and his officers refit a shuttle with our technology, wouldn't it make sense to assign me at their engineering station when they launch the shuttle?"

"Agreed," replied Shivak. Sarah raised her hand in agreement, and Prala nodded to the junior Krenim officer. "Go for it."

"I take it I can assist them on the bridge of this ship, since I'll evidently still be here?" asked the other Krenim.

"Yes, yes," replied Prala, as Sarah nodded.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Who said anything about them being visible?" Krystal replied. "Are Na'kuhl sensors able to pick up on cloaked ships? I don't like throwing around my Armada authority, but in this case I could call in a couple ships for backup."
    "Yes, actually, they are," replied Prala, "depending on the level of cloaking technology, anyway. Are we talking Romulan level cloaking here?"

"Beyond that," said Sarah. "Their technology is far beyond anything you've ever encountered. Trust me, I was on one of their ships once. Hated every minute of it, but I learned a few things about their technology just the same."
    U.S.S. Firestorm NCC-144017-F, Briefing Room
    Jim and Harrison soon arrived on the Firestorm and headed for the security department, quite curiously. They entered the briefing room there, since it was evidently better suited for such a briefing. There were already numerous MACOs, Omega Operatives, and other officers there. Harrison recognize 1 of 6, who was over at the front, as well as 3 of 5, 4 of 7, and 7 of 14, all of whom were sitting in the front row. Jim motioned Harrison to sit down in an empty seat, beside a fully armored MACO, even wearing his helmet. The armor, however, was curiously darker than most MACO armors, and overall just... grey. White lights on various pieces of the armor, evidently of some adapted design. Then, he flickered. Oh, he's a hologram. Of course, Harrison thought, turning to Jim, who was moving up to the front to discuss something with 1 of 6, but then Harrison felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned, and the hologram was there, looking towards him.

"I'm the Emergency MACO Engineering Hologram, but you can call me E.M.E.H.," said the holographic MACO, awaiting a response, "...and you are?"

"Lieutenant Harrison, head of the security department on the U.S.S. Legacy," responded Harrison. "Although Admiral Nat was kind enough to temporarily reassign me for this mission."

"Of course he did," replied E.M.E.H., "of course, it's the first time I've seen active service without every engineer dying around me, so that's something."

"It sure is... uh, Emeh?" asked Harrison.

"No." E.M.E.H. seemed pretty firm with this one. "Why does everyone insist on calling me that? Are you really too lazy to say 4 letters in sequence?"

"No...?" replied Harrison. "No, and I just didn't realize, I guess. Never met one of your kind until now."

"Speciest," commented E.M.E.H., "or maybe you're just lucky enough to not be assigned to a team of MACOs and have your only engineer be killed. You never know."

"Yeah," said Harrison, "wait, is there an actual... you under that armor, or...?"

"Not really," replied the hologram. "Why bother? Taking armor on and off all the time seems like a waste, when you could be building bombs or blowing up Borg. Or both."

"Right..." replied Harrison.

Jim spoke up, getting everyone's attention.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"I'm just trying to come up with ideas that could help," Krystal said.
    "We know," replied Sarah, "personally, I'd suggest keeping them at a bit of a distance, and then have them warp in when the Na'kuhl show up... if they show up."
    U.S.S. Firestorm NCC-144017-F, Briefing Room
    "Well, hello everyone. As you know already, I'm Captain Jim Dennison, and we're all here being briefed on one of the sorts of missions that will make the Borg Queen despise every fiber of your being. Better yet, it'll save a bunch of Borg, and I think can all agree that that is a good idea."

Everyone else in the room cheered in agreement.

"Naturally, there's a chance somebody won't make it back," Jim went on, suddenly interrupted by E.M.E.H.

"Actually, there's a 3.7% chance of our success," stated the hologram.

"Shut up," replied Jim, continuing. "As I said, we'll all be fine. Nothing to worry about."

"The plan, of course, is fairly simple," stated 1 of 6, bringing up a diagram of some Borg Unimatrix, surrounded by Borg vessels and further out Borg Cooperative on the viewscreen. "The Borg Cooperative will send numerous ships to supposedly "attack" the base, in hopes of luring away Borg ships so they can liberate them. In the battle, we move in," 1 of 6 continued, motioning to the viewscreen, which showed the cooperative vessels closing in and the Firestorm flying in afterwards, "under cloak, so the Borg don't detect us. Once we break into their defenses, we will beam several teams of MACOs, and Omega Operatives, at various points in the station, who will go out and try to destroy various regeneration systems throughout. It'll look like we're trying to incapacitate their regeneration capabilities so we can destroy the station, however..." he went on, motioning to the viewscreen. Several teams of MACOs and Operatives appeared all over the place, and soon, another group somewhere else, heading for a more fortified looking structure. "The real team is here, heading for the central hub. Once reach it, we can upload a new virus that will spread through the collective forces throughout the sector and free them from the collective. Then the Cooperative will liberate them and recruit them, I imagine."

"Of course, there's a catch," said Jim, as the viewscreen zoomed in on the central hub. "The whole hub is full of nanites. The assimilating variety. Anything or anyone that goes inside is assimilated instantly, unless you happen to be a hologram projected by a mobile emitter outside the hub. That's where you," he said, pointing to E.M.E.H., "happen to come in."

"Oh wonderful," replied E.M.E.H. sarcastically.

"Once we know we've succeeded, the facilities' defenses will all be down anyway, so we can beam you all out and head home. Questions?" asked 1 of 6.

"Only one," replied Harrison. "Where am I in all this?"

"With me. I'll be leading the main team to doing the real work," replied Jim.

"Got it," said Harrison.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"We just need to set up in a good place for an ambush," Krystal said as she set her travel mug down. "Draw them to where we want them. Limit their movements, hide a shuttle..."
    "...and then spring the trap," continued Sarah. "Sounds good."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Maybe we should outfit several shuttles too. Just in case," Krystal suggested. "If we only go with one shuttle and they happen to destroy it..."