test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Over powered players

jojobejojobe Member Posts: 88 Arc User
I was in an elete ground missions that ive done before. This player bXXX enter the mission and was killing entire groups of enemies at a time. the result was not getting any exp and a 2 hour ban for afk. That is very unfair.
Post edited by jojobe on

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    What's the mission you were playing?

In Brotherhood of the Sword it's relatively easy to kill entire groups with the right gear for example.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    1. Your thread will be locked for naming the player.

2. It's an elite queue, these are designed for the most well geared players in the game. If your damage output isn't high enough to qualify for rewards, then you need to be doing the Advanced version instead of Elite.

Don't go into the highest difficulty queues and then complain that others are 'too good.'
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I can see if your not moving or not participating. To be active the entire mission is not fair. I can do the misson on this level. this person gear way high. The group should not be penalized if they were not in the starting area and were not afk.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    1 - Next time you post something, do not give the player's name. Naming and shaming is against the forum's rules.

2 - Elite queues mean higher difficulty, and thus players queueing for it will most of the time have advanced gear. All i can say is, upgrade your stuff to mk XIV as soon as possible, and you should be fine. My own ground and space gear is mk XIV, and between Ultra-Rare and Epic in quality. I am certainly not a top DPSer either, mind you, but so far i never experienced an afk ban for insufficient damage in Elite difficulty.
  • Options
    1. Your thread will be locked for naming the player.

2. It's an elite queue, these are designed for the most well geared players in the game. If your damage output isn't high enough to qualify for rewards, then you need to be doing the Advanced version instead of Elite.

Don't go into the highest difficulty queues and then complain that others are 'too good.'

I say red, that means you have to say blue! I say left that means you have to say right!

Ive done this mission countless times on this level. This persons gear was higher than the group and then being tactical added to their damage. I know people sponge exp go in a mission and just sit and not move, that did not happen in this case. if the damage is not there then give them no exp for the mission not ban them for 2 hours because their gear was better.

"Don't go into the highest difficulty queues and then complain that others are 'too good."

you looking for an argument , I'm not going to debate with your one sided response. I've done the mission before and was not afk!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    1 - Next time you post something, do not give the player's name. Naming and shaming is against the forum's rules.

2 - Elite queues mean higher difficulty, and thus players queueing for it will most of the time have advanced gear. All i can say is, upgrade your stuff to mk XIV as soon as possible, and you should be fine. My own ground and space gear is mk XIV, and between Ultra-Rare and Epic in quality. I am certainly not a top DPSer either, mind you, but so far i never experienced an afk ban for insufficient damage in Elite difficulty.

1. How is it shaming them they did nothing wrong. (A) i do not troll people. What happen is exactly what happen. I guess if is trolling the person in the comment it would be shaming.
    2. I think that its unfair if your moving and active in a mission you should not get banned from mission because a person out dps the GROUP i can see no exp but a bann is a bit much.

Post edited by jojobe on
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    jojobe wrote: »
    I was in an elete ground missions that ive done before. This player belldandy enter the mission and was killing entire groups of enemies at a time. the result was not getting any exp and a 2 hour ban for afk. That is very unfair.

Naming a player bad idea

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif
  • Options
    risian4 wrote: »

In Brotherhood of the Sword it's relatively easy to kill entire groups with the right gear for example.

This was the mission. They were all packed closely together they had a gun that did AOE damage and i had miy MACO set gun so I could not compete with that.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    ashstorm1 wrote: »

1. How is it shaming them they did nothing wrong. (A) i do not troll people. What happen is exactly what happen. I guess if is trolling the person in the comment it would be shaming.
    2. I think that unfair if your moving and active in a mission you should not get banned from mission because this person out dps the GROUP.

That last thing happens quite often. I know I'm usually dealing as much or more damage than the rest of the team combined in ground missions.

As for the first thing: it's against the rules to name someone here. Discussion on this topic is irrelevant, it will either be edited or the thread will be close, so just take their helpful advice on that.
  • Options
    ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

This seems similar to something that happened to me in an Advanced que a week or so ago. It's not a matter of you not "doing enough damage", it's a matter of someone doing the damage before you can even reach the pack because they full impulsed there immediately and popped everything. They zip around leaving you to catch the tail end of the NPC groups when they're sub 10%. You're not ABLE to do any damage because the person did the damage before you got there and is constantly moving faster than you can keep up with their cooldowns coming back up due to ridiculous recharge cheese.

I'm capable of doing more than enough on my sci setup to easily burn through elite que's, however I can't if someone is pushing our burst damage in the first few seconds of the pack being up and I've just pushed GW/SSV and am just pushing DRB. People can be more than capable of hitting the DPS marks but can't if someone else is frontloading all their damage while yours takes a few seconds to cycle up. THAT is the issue here with some of these "top" DPS players. It's not that we have no way to do the same damage, it's that they're doing the damage before we can even react or ours actually ticks over. THAT is the problem that needs to be resolved.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You failed to do 1%...ONE FRAKING PERCENT of the damage. You did NOTHING for all intent and purposes. You deserve nothing. This is elite...act like somebody who has a clue please.

Lots of haters. There no sense in that. did someone pee in your corn flakes.
    The person had a weapon that was killing entire groups of enemies at a time. I have no problem that they were able to out dps everyone in the group. The problem is being banned from participating in a any other mission for 2 hours thats a bit much. IF this person did not have that gun I would have been able to do more damage. the mission was over in 2 or 3 minutes the in mission clips were longer. From someone topic above it seems to be how the enemies are spawning into the mission. My thoughts are the dev should take a look at this mission and spread them out so people are not running through this mission and players are able to participate.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    So you roll into Elite content and complain that someone was doing well for that level of difficulty?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2017

"Don't go into the highest difficulty queues and then complain that others are 'too good."

you looking for an argument , I'm not going to debate with your one sided response. I've done the mission before and was not afk!

I assure you, I have no desire or reason to wish an argument with you.

Let me try this from another angle.. Where else do you propose this player you're angry with go to play? He's already selected the highest difficulty possible, is he supposed to simply not play the game because he has become too good at it?

If you have a complaint here it would be that the Elite Que simply isn't hard enough. The enemies aren't powerful enough to allow you to get in any hits before someone else kills them. As said above, you only need to do more then 1% of the total to qualify for rewards, so in this case you did not register that much damage. That means that either the enemies are too weak and whoever gets to them first kills them outright, or that you yourself aren't doing enough damage to be in an elite queue.

What I'm trying to do here is get you to look at the problem from a perspective other then your own. This other player has just as much right to play the game as you do, unless adjustments are made to the mission then the best and most obvious solution to your problem is to either try again later or simply move down to Advanced Difficulty. If you're used to the Elite mode, then Advanced should be easily doable for you and you would not have to worry about missing rewards.

Instead, you're simply blaming the other player when he/she is doing nothing more then simply playing the game..the same as you are.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

This was the mission. They were all packed closely together they had a gun that did AOE damage and i had miy MACO set gun so I could not compete with that.

They may have used sabotage then.

You can skip the clips by hitting the escape key btw.
  • Options
    Sabotage the kit module, for the record.

Or some of the other OP stuff that's been added recently... sounds like it could have been the Boolean assault gun too.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    ash352 wrote: »

This seems similar to something that happened to me in an Advanced que a week or so ago. It's not a matter of you not "doing enough damage", it's a matter of someone doing the damage before you can even reach the pack because they full impulsed there immediately and popped everything. They zip around leaving you to catch the tail end of the NPC groups when they're sub 10%. You're not ABLE to do any damage because the person did the damage before you got there and is constantly moving faster than you can keep up with their cooldowns coming back up due to ridiculous recharge cheese.

I'm capable of doing more than enough on my sci setup to easily burn through elite que's, however I can't if someone is pushing our burst damage in the first few seconds of the pack being up and I've just pushed GW/SSV and am just pushing DRB. People can be more than capable of hitting the DPS marks but can't if someone else is frontloading all their damage while yours takes a few seconds to cycle up. THAT is the issue here with some of these "top" DPS players. It's not that we have no way to do the same damage, it's that they're doing the damage before we can even react or ours actually ticks over. THAT is the problem that needs to be resolved.

Thank you for explaining why this happen. When i stop and think about i was right behind them the entire time. The mission itself was over in 2 or 3 min it was over fast. This combined with how they were spawning in the game.

This is how you respond to people. I really hate posting anything at all because most chats are full of cronies. Thank you for your thoughtful insight.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    So you roll into Elite content and complain that someone was doing well for that level of difficulty?

Im going to ignore you. I did not say that. Get A freaking life Troll.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    That the so-called AFK penalty generates frequent false positives is unfortunate...but in no way the players' fault.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I think you should probably use something newer than the MACO set at this point. Hopefully you have an AoY toon and you unlocked the UR Mk XIII bonus for all your toons.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,044 Community Moderator

Naming and Shaming doesn't always mean they did something wrong. While you didn't give the @name, you still singled out one particular player by name, and basically called him out for being OP, as per your thread title. That would fall under the Naming and Shaming rule of the forums.

I'm just saying this so that you're more aware of the rules for future reference. Not calling you out for it. Just giving you a heads up.

There are any number of methods a player on the ground can decimate groups of enemies, especially Engies and Science Captains combined with certain kit modules and weapons. Its more noticeable on the ground then it is in space, but if a player took the time to get THAT powerful (in gear, stats, and spec trees)... they put in a LOT of work.
    2. I think that its unfair if your moving and active in a mission you should not get banned from mission because a person out dps the GROUP i can see no exp but a bann is a bit much.

Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute, if this was a PUG, then odds are you ended up rolling a bad group. Not saying you were bad, but I am saying that you may have gotten grouped up with a low geared group and the one well equipped player. So in essence it is not your fault or the fault of the "OP" player in question. It is the fault of the Random Number Gods who grouped you with those particular players.

Now outside of that, the issue of being penalized for DPS has come up in the past, mostly in space queues. The original purpose was to try and discourage people from leeching, basically just joining and sitting there doing nothing while being carried by the rest of the group and then collecting a reward at the end. Unfortunately the algorithm for calculating this DPS threshold may not have taken into account the higher end player's capabilities compared to the average player. In short... it is NOT a perfect system and instances like you described unfortunately do happen where players are unfairly punished for something that wasn't in their control to begin with.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    You failed to do 1%...ONE FRAKING PERCENT of the damage. You did NOTHING for all intent and purposes. You deserve nothing. This is elite...act like somebody who has a clue please.

Lots of haters. There no sense in that. did someone pee in your corn flakes.
    The person had a weapon that was killing entire groups of enemies at a time. I have no problem that they were able to out dps everyone in the group. The problem is being banned from participating in a any other mission for 2 hours thats a bit much. IF this person did not have that gun I would have been able to do more damage. the mission was over in 2 or 3 minutes the in mission clips were longer. From someone topic above it seems to be how the enemies are spawning into the mission. My thoughts are the dev should take a look at this mission and spread them out so people are not running through this mission and players are able to participate.

They ARE spread out. There are three clusters of enemies for each of the section at least. Unless he had an AoE that covers an ENTIRE section, you could have gone off on your own to one of these sections and taken them out alone. This map requires all three to be activated near the same time...which means if you can't take out one guard unit...alone...you have no buisness actually being in here. The fact that you were able to leech before successfully does not mean it is the guy who was actually properly equipped for this mission's fault. Just wait, next time, you will have a group of useless prats like yourself who wants to leech elite rewards all together and you will fail on the first section and you will come here to complain about that too. Because, hey, why get better at the game when you can just complain and demand of the devs to change it for your taste. Geh...people these days.

WOW! people love to debate and argue. If you have read anything above in the topic they had a AOE gun that set the ground on fire over their spawn in area. 2. this in not my first time doing this mission on elite level. I had no clue why I had been banned its was an uncommon occurrence. the rest of your comment is just rude you should not be allow to post to anyone. ITs people like you that turn the chat room into an arena. If you have read any of the prior post you should have known that their are no further comments needed. I placed you on ignore and reported you maybe if they get rid of people like you more people would chat on the forum. LOok at your other post to people you need some time away from forums!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,044 Community Moderator
    ... they had a AOE gun that set the ground on fire over their spawn in area.

An AoE gun that set the ground on fire? I know of no weapon that does that. I know of a couple kit modules that do something like that though, depending on what career the Captain in question was.

A Science Captain would have used Exothermic Induction Field, which basically does what you describe. Light the ground on fire. Combine that with a kit module from the Temporal Spec and a DOff from Risa... devastating combo.
    A Tactical Captain would have access to the Plasma Grenade, which lobs a grenade that detonates and leaves behind a Plasma Fire hazard, that can catch things on fire.

Also... Romulan Engineers have an added effect to their Orbital Strike, which leaves behind a Plasma Fire hazard, a lot like the Tac Plasma Grenade, due to the fact the Romulan's native damage type is Plasma.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    The Undine Wrist weapon from the Lobi store does something similar to what he's describing.
  • Options
    The Undine Wrist weapon from the Lobi store does something similar to what he's describing.

Well... true. I forgot about the wrist lance thing. Although the ground AoE doesn't really look like Fire, and I don't think I've ever seen it wipe out an entire group on its own.
  • Options
    No, that's also true.

To be fair, the only thing I know of that could easily kill entire groups in BotSe is Sabotage. But even that doesn't work against Thralls, unless you're maybe entirely dedicated to dealing eletrical damage.

Anyway, OP. By skipping those cutscenes, you could probably avoid this next time. Hope it works.
  • Options
    Hm... Sabotage vs Constructs... yea I can see that nuking Constructs. I think the Delta Set's EMP ability also works on Constructs. I keep forgetting about that ability and I'm running with the Delta set right now on my main.
  • Options

It looked like this weapon and also had green fire (they may have grenaded as well). As soon as they were spawning in the player was on them.