test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon character revamp in the works

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    you can​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    @crypticjoejing

Great work guys! What's next to be worked on? I'm hoping that more hair options for Klingons are on the list, especially since we now have in-game that awesome hair of Rodek's. Also, what's the status of TOS Gorn fixes?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    How about one consistent color palette for everything.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    How about one consistent color palette for everything.

Amen! Preach!
    GrWzQke.png
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Greetings Captains, I know it's been a while but I've got a couple new updates for you.

First, finally got around to updating the female pauldrons with similar improvements that the males had a while back. The goal being to make them less floaty, improve skinning, decrease clipping, and overall make a more natural fit. http://imgur.com/a/hMEtS

Next, we're finally unlocking the D'k tahg Dagger for players! :Dhttp://imgur.com/a/ohxUh

Don't forget the most important piece of equipment for after a battle...

ptvNQ0Y.jpg

Hands free blood wine. That way you can still kill people and have your blood wine to.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Just a quick note:

I have a character who is wearing the 23C Klingon look. I removed her ridges and gave her long ponytail. I can not combine "no ridges" with the "flair" eyebrows (that pointed split eyebrows that differentiates Klingon from Humans in the 23C).

If I keep the ridges...no problem...I can use the "Flair". Remove the ridges, unable to use "Flair".

Obviously, some sort of issue with permissions in the tailor.

This is not as much of a problem when my Klingon wears the "Uniform"....the uniform is easily recognizable. BUT.....with Risa and Summer Event on the horizon....there will be nothing to distinguish her from Human in "Off Duty" or "Swimwear" attire.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    My Orion doesn't get to wear the dagger with her bare legs and loincloth. This makes me sad. :(
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    My Orion doesn't get to wear the dagger with her bare legs and loincloth. This makes me sad. :(

She already has two powerful weapons. It would be OP otherwise.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Thanks for the updates, my character and boffs look so much better. Are Klingon NPC updates still in the works?
  • mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Thanks for the updates, my character and boffs look so much better. Are Klingon NPC updates still in the works?

That would be awesome, bring those poor NPC's up to date after seven years.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Dunno if its been asked yet.. any shot we can get the kelvin ridges? To match the regalia and/or D4x :)
    Dunno if its been asked yet.. any shot we can get the kelvin ridges? To match the regalia and/or D4x :)

I thought those came with the KT Klingon Uniform.
    GrWzQke.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

All Klingons get them for free. Male or female. KDF or Fed. It's the associated jewellery that comes with the KT costume.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    artan42 wrote: »

All Klingons get them for free. Male or female. KDF or Fed. It's the associated jewellery that comes with the KT costume.

I bought mine with Lobi (see my little forum icon there). I can not remember if the plain ridges is in the tailor for free. But if you want the pierced bling....have to buy the Lobi.

P.S. You lose the full effect of the KT Klingon ridges if you have ANY hair. Hence, my character has the top knot thing going.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Why not just go full bald?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Made a 23c themed Klink.... can ya loosen up the restrictions on that d'k tahg? Especially for females, they only get it on a tiny number of "bottom" options.

While there can you unlock female klink's ability to wear the 23c belt?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    2 years later and were still waiting for the klink revamp :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I thought this Thread was about a Klingon revamp not a revamp of him:

http://i.imgur.com/B3WOWTA.jpg
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I thought this Thread was about a Klingon revamp not a revamp of him:

http://i.imgur.com/B3WOWTA.jpg

Blame it on Schultz. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2017

You do realize that a lot of changes from this thread already made it into the game, right?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    This is terrific news! My Dahar Masters are going to rejoice.
    angrytarg wrote: »

You do realize that a lot of changes from this thread already made it into the game, right?​​

I know, right? It's an ongoing revamp that's being rolled out in stages. @crypticjoejing 's updates to this thread are telling us what they've changed and what's getting put in-game.
    GrWzQke.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    more importantly his posts are a rare example of developer communication with us on the official forum and are very appreciated
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Ohhh. I wasnt aware the ridgerings came with the regalia. Gonna have to scope that out thanks for that