test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon character revamp in the works

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Very nice to see those changes making their way to female Klingons. :smile:​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @crypticjoejing

Looking great! Can't wait to see what else the team is doing for the revamp.

Quick question: What happened to the Drawn Back Ponytail hairstyle for male characters? It's now Drawn Back Pony High Forehead? While I do like the new option, the original seems to have been removed altogether. This makes it impossible for those of us who used the original version to edit our characters without losing the original hairstyle. Is there a chance we can get both Drawn Back Pony hairstyles in the Tailor? I ask here, because it's affecting my KDF Klingons that I use the Humanoid Head on.

BTW: Wasn't this thread stickied before?
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Here's hoping this sneaks it's way onto today's patch.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    While you are at it, KDF females cannot wear the Voth tail cape anymore.

Can you please fix this as well?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I'm happy for those still playing KDF. :) But I didn't stop playing my Klingons several years back because of the models. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    While they are at it, update the Klingon NPC's to the new Bortas uniform :smile:
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ......we're finally unlocking the D'k tahg Dagger for players! :Dhttp://imgur.com/a/ohxUh

when? do we have an ETA on this? because the option isnt there yet for me
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Qapla'!

Next step: Make it available as a melee weapon! ;) It's awesome nevertheless, even as an uniform decoration option. I'm very glad to see progress on this.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Can they revamp my KDF Gorn into the Federation?
  • Options
    Can they revamp my KDF Gorn into the Federation?
    51cqp45bdJL.jpg
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Awesome news! Can we please get the missing parts of the TOS Klingon uniforms some NPCs have? (such as the rannk pins that go on the collar/clavicles and some of the badges)

And can we please get at least the classic, "Arena" TOS Gorn costume??? IT's not even listed as a known issue anymore :/
  • Options
    We need General Rodek's hair! Klingons need more hair styles, period, but we need General Rodek's hair!

And why is this thread not stickied still?!?
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Greetings Captains, I know it's been a while but I've got a couple new updates for you.

First, finally got around to updating the female pauldrons with similar improvements that the males had a while back. The goal being to make them less floaty, improve skinning, decrease clipping, and overall make a more natural fit. http://imgur.com/a/hMEtS

Next, we're finally unlocking the D'k tahg Dagger for players! :Dhttp://imgur.com/a/ohxUh

This is really great! Thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing it!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    This thread was necro'ed on three seperate occasions. So the rule of no posting after a thread goes inactive for 30 days has been lifted? This is not a stickied thread or an announcement so it is not exempt.
  • Options
    This thread was necro'ed on three seperate occasions. So the rule of no posting after a thread goes inactive for 30 days has been lifted? This is not a stickied thread or an announcement so it is not exempt.

It's a dev. thread, resurrected by the dev. that works on the Klingon character revamp because he had some good news he wanted to share. Safe to say that ordinary rules do not apply for this thread.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

maybe it is, because it's a dev made thread?

I certainly wouldn't being rushing to close it... and it was stickied for a bit anyway. should be anyway or moved to the kdf section and stickied there.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Oh wow, okay, well blow me down. Let the kdf players have their bottle then. B)
  • Options
    That's why I was asking, because it used to be stickied.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    That's why I was asking, because it used to be stickied.

cause they got busy for a minute so it wasn't going to be updated. I think the top was a little crowded when they did that.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    PC Patch Notes for 2/23/17
    Unlocked the Klingon knife for players as a uniform piece.
    Improved all of the female Klingon pauldrons with similar improvements that the males received earlier.

:)
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    The only thing I can remember that's left from this to add now is the general bulkiness of the Klingons and the muscle definition on the Orions.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    There's still the TOS Gorn issues.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    @crypticjoejing

I can see a couple of minor assets have been unlocked from this and this thread. But we still need far more hair options for Klingons.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'd rather have the TOS Gorn look as optional not forced, I want to be able to choose between both the TOS and regular versions on a whim.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    you can​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    @crypticjoejing

Great work guys! What's next to be worked on? I'm hoping that more hair options for Klingons are on the list, especially since we now have in-game that awesome hair of Rodek's. Also, what's the status of TOS Gorn fixes?
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    How about one consistent color palette for everything.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    How about one consistent color palette for everything.

Amen! Preach!
    GrWzQke.png