test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] 'Tis the Season to Treat Yo'self!

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Yeah, sorry, I'm not gonna burn through 100$ worth of zen just to get four R&D packs. The incentive to do so would have to be a lot higher.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    For me to put $100 into this promotion, the reward better be a Ship of Choice box, even if it and the ship that pops out are Bound to Character. But $100 for a 4-pack lotto ticket? A good promotion should make me want to spend money I normally wouldn't have planned to spend. 4 R&D packs doesn't do it for me. A selection of the promo ships guaranteed would, even if it was once per account.
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I agree with everyone else that thinks this offer is a joke and really bad marketing. I see no real reason to buy any more Zen at this moment in time.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Guys... are you reading the same blog? it's not BUY zen... it's SPEND it.... you basically have to USE 10k worth of Zen in 4 days....

Pretty sure this doesn't include Dil trading... >.>​​

Huh, you're right! SPEND zen not BUY zen. That's a new one.

I'd be an idiot to actually do it though, with nothing on sale. No 20% off ship sale, no 20% off R&D packs, no 15% off keys (and no 20-key + ultimate upgrade). I guess it's a 10% rebate on spending, but that's half the discount I usually get. Plus I just bought the Science ships and anything else I wanted during the Black Friday sale.

People in the grip of Space Madness buying infinity promo packs will get 4 extras though, so it's good for them.
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Ummm, sorry but I got burned by spending $2,000 on the Tier 6 ship promo box fiasco as well as too many credit packs n Asphalt 8 to the point where I had a rent check bounce, and for now I have to go ask Mom before I make an on line purchase... AND I'M FIFTY YEARS OLD, DAMNIT!!!

Sorry, had to vent after reading this "genius" bit of advertising.

Good luck with the next wave of suckers!

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Well it certainly doesn't seem like a very must have kind of deal.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    fascinating
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yeah, um, no.

2gt6w54.gif

The marketing director should be doing this:

mal6ow.gif

1xe027q.png
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Guys... are you reading the same blog? it's not BUY zen... it's SPEND it.... you basically have to USE 10k worth of Zen in 4 days....

Pretty sure this doesn't include Dil trading... >.>​​

Ahhhh that makes it of course much better, so lets all Spend 10,000 Zen with no Sale going on, and most probably after most of us allready bought whatever we wanted on Black Friday YAY!

funny-gif12.gif

or wait...nahhh that still sounds like a ridiculous offer, but nice try

funny-gif13.gif

so in conclusion what the Marketing guy should do is

funny-gif9.gif

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    There is very little difference between buying zen amd spending it. You're going to have to buy it to spend it more than likely. Who is jusk going to have 10,000z already in their game.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Despite this promotion being a dud, I do want to thank Cryptic for all of the other things they've done well lately, like the Phoenix pack, Infinity R & D, Black Friday weekend, kits revamp, upgrade weekend, bringing back the snow goons for Winter Wonderland, and those great sweaters.

Nice work! ... except for this one.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    STO players right now:

giphy.gif

This was me on my work break today. Having read of this promotion through my mobile.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Spend $100 and get $12 in free items? 12/100=12% That's not even up to the standard 15% bonus Zen we normally get during normal sales; let alone the last one of 25% and a free T5 ship.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Forgot a major one: KDF and Rom T6 SCIENCE SHIPS! Thanks for that too!

... but not for this offer. No thanks.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Well its free stuff if you are already spending that much money on the game. That in itself is good. At the same time though I don't think this in any way is an incentive to make people want to spend 100 bucks. Not the worst offer, but it certainly isn't something that will excite the player base.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    one can have a look...and than leave

ok-then.gif
    bioixi wrote: »
    STO players right now:

giphy.gif

i was more like:
  • Options
    eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I believe this is an attempt at Dil manipulation

Normally, such ship in abox promos will come with a 20% box sale or 15% charge discount

For this promo, it is a SPEND zen promo, whereby players just need to spend 10,000 worth of zen to get the promo.
    This stimulates greater demand for zen than what would be the norm.

The Phoenix pack was a very effective method to burst the dilithium exchange bubble by stimulating the demand for dilithium.

The SPEND Zen promo is an attempt to see how effective this type of promo is, to stimulate the demand for Zen.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Kael? A word please. I realize a big part of your job is being the voice of the Company. But you really ought to have a chat with Sales and Marketing about just which words they're putting into your mouth. Something you might ought to remind them of next time.

We only look stupid, okay?

By doing this, Cryptic and Perfect World International have undone a lot of the good will they have generated with me lately. Just when I think you guys have finally learned the way to my wallet is paved with respect, you pull a d&*k move like this. And it very much is a d&*k move.

But then Sales and Marketing don't really care, do they? After all they have you, the Human Heat Shield to duck behind. Honestly? This is the sort of thing Captain Smirk would go along with. Which is not the way to earn my respect. Or my discretionary income.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Hmm. While yes, it's not a particularly great offer, and it's marketingspeak could be better, I'm not sure why people are getting so worked up.

It's a simple 10% bonus. Do ($100 thing), get ($10 thing). Ho hum, just kind of a generic bonus offer. Not particularly good, not particularly bad. Certainly nothing to get super worked-up over. /shrug
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    Good joke Cryptic... <checking calendar> Wait it's not 1st April... my god they are serious with that. I think I would need drink after this.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    I have to say, this "treat" is right up there with the "fantastic Christmas savings deal" I got from my ISP last week where they wanted me to spend an extra £150 a year... I don't think companies understand the words they are using. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    "Worked up" is not an accurate description for what I am thinking. "Disappointed" is more appropriate.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Thanks for the good laugh cryptic. Today has sucked so far and this was just what I needed to forget about all the TRIBBLE, even if it was only for a moment.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    The T6 I.S.S. Enterprise would have been a nice gesture, even if it came with Command.

I think that alien domain or whatever trek game is out there, offers an ISS Enterprise, it's the most vicious ship in game ~shrug~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg