test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] 'Tis the Season to Treat Yo'self!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Starting Friday, December 9, 2016, when you spend $100 USD worth of Zen on an account (10,000 Zen) in Star Trek Online, you’ll be rewarded with a one-time supply drop of 4x R&D Packs, claimable by one character of your choice in the account!

Additionally, these R&D packs will be affected by the Infinity R&D Pack Promo bonuses so you can potentially win a Special Requisition Choice Pack – Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack.

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10302833

Comments

• Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Tis the season... For REALLY BAD marketing deals. What the hell, Perfect Peony Marketing?

I'm so sorry you have to push this kind of thing, Kael, and I apologize for any flack the community gives you over it...

IvaWOgM.png​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    IF I try to spend 99.99 Euro - there is no r&D pack - just 1100 Bonus Zen ?
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Oh dear lol, for $100 Zen in a one time purchase, I would expect a free lockbox/lobi ship of my choice!

You really haven't thought this one out, have you...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    "'TIS THE SEASON TO TREAT YO'SELF!".....really? slang? so you are now trying to make things sound cool to make people buy them, also is STO in such a Desperate state now that you make such an offer? not that its a good offer anyway, 100$ just for an extra 4 R&D Packs that have a 0,something chance to get one of the ship choice boxes, yea i totally think everyone will jump at this....or maybe not, like sunfrancks allready said, for that i atleast expect a Free Choice of lockbox/lobi ship and not a lousy chance.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Lol......not much of an "offer". I can spend 1/10 of that and get the 4 pack r&d anyway. I was expecting an actual deal.

Btw, i treated Mo'self on black friday already.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    That could have been interesting if it was a new permanent perk in the game and if the reward was worth it.

But it's only for a period of 3 days and a $10 reward with a gambling element.

Seriously, guys, wanna know what you should do to the marketing guy who thought of this and all other incredibly questionable moves:
    65234568.jpg
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    All I can think of when I read the Blog is that Cryptic PRAYS Mr. Scott's line from STIV:The Voyage Home is true:

Scotty: "Captain, there be WHALES here!..." ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    This offer sucks! After the good phoenix box I thought STO had seen sense. I guess if you are buying the ZEN anyways it kinda is a freebie, but don't expect a flood of new sales for a few R&D boxes.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Yeah..,

ummm...

How 'bout... NO.

https://youtu.be/pzVkJwcodYM
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I suppose if you really need zen now, it's like a 10% bonus. Not as good as the normal sales with 15%, and not as good as the Black Friday bonus, but hey it is a bonus. Yay.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I liked the Black Friday Zen bonus sale a lot more than this.

For $50 I got 6,300 Zen and I was able to claim a total of 4 regular R&D packs, an orange tabby cat and the wild and zany Holo Leeta Boff.
  • Options
    pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'm confused is this a buy 10K Zen or by store items equaling 10K zen?
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    STO players right now:

giphy.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    pappy02u wrote: »

It could be worded better, but basically it means if you purchase 10,000 zen for $100 (or your equivalent national currency) you will get the R&D boxes.

• Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »
    STO players right now:

giphy.gif

Exactly...I try to give the benefit of the doubt, but this is TRIBBLE...now if its a typo, and the 4 pack GURANTEED at least ONE ship, with the possibility of more at normal chance...Id consider it...but this...seriously....
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    "'TIS THE SEASON TO TREAT YO'SELF!".....really? slang? so you are now trying to make things sound cool to make people buy them, also is STO in such a Desperate state now that you make such an offer? not that its a good offer anyway, 100$ just for an extra 4 R&D Packs that have a 0,something chance to get one of the ship choice boxes, yea i totally think everyone will jump at this....or maybe not, like sunfrancks allready said, for that i atleast expect a Free Choice of lockbox/lobi ship and not a lousy chance.

Pop Culture borrows from itself, even if it's to advertise a mediocre deal. ;)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Is this some sort of joke?
  • Options
    intraventianintraventian Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    This sort of scheme doesn't work with lottery tickets, why would anyone think it would work here?
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    maybe if you offered up an account unlock lobi ship of player choice...
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    The T6 I.S.S. Enterprise would have been a nice gesture, even if it came with Command.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    talasivaritalasivari Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    It's like there's two Cryptics - the good one and the one from the Mirror Universe. Check for goatees...
    Urtlolev of the Andorian Imperial Fleet
  • Options
    ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    My main question is why is the "reward" from this promo seemingly so lacking? Are the given boxes account bound with a 100% chance to get 1 account bound ship choice box when you open them? Are these special boxes that have 3x/4x/5x the number of rewards in them? Etc.

Free stuff as a thank you for buying is always nice, but in this case you can pay a fraction of the $100 and get the same boxes. There doesn't seem to be a true "bonus" in any way from this.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    I believe the positive way to look at this is that if you were going to buy the zen anyway, you get a bonus!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I still have a ton of Reward Points left over from the Black Friday Promotion. As I already had the Hestia I would have preferred to just Claim a bunch of 1,000 or 2,000 Point Rewards instead. But no, only once, though you could Claim those Rewards til the cows came home and ate the points, they only awarded the Reward once.

Also there is no Zen Sale going on here either. I already got a Ship Select Box from the R&D Infinity Promotion. So, pass on this

Some tin-foil hat types may think that there are financial problems underlying, trying any way to boost cash intake for the year end quarter.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    pappy02u wrote: »

It could be worded better, but basically it means if you purchase 10,000 zen for $100 (or your equivalent national currency) you will get the R&D boxes.

Ah, yeah not worded in the best way.
  • Options
    sysalt01sysalt01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Was looking forward to the usual " Sale " whenever such open box get ship sale occurs but Noooooooo

This Charge zen get 4x R&D packs offer comes out

" Seriously?? "

Doing a 15% charge zen + R&D 20% off would be so much more enticing....
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Guys... are you reading the same blog? it's not BUY zen... it's SPEND it.... you basically have to USE 10k worth of Zen in 4 days....

Pretty sure this doesn't include Dil trading... >.>​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.