test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New science ship design request (call it T7 if you must).

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
So right now there are two science ships that I know of that have 4 forward weapon slots, both are Lobi ships (Sphere builder science ship, and paradox science dreadnaught...i dont count the dyson science). That is nice because it allows 3 forward beams/cannons in addition to the torpodo (Grav or Pep) so you can stack torpodo ae damage on top of all AE exotic dmg and other AE dmg.

However, like they say in some of those Geiko adds... "I want more".

So here is my request for T7 science ship (We will have a T7 soon, right?). It should be a non-LOBI ship.

Weapons: 4 forward, 3 rear. (I'd ask for 5 forward but Tac players would complain).

Bridge: 1 Cmdr SCI, 1 Lt. Cmdr Sci/Temporal, 1 Lt. Cmdr TAC/Intel, 1 Lt. Cmdr ENG/Com or ENG/Pilot, 1 Ensign Tac (So the Lt. Cmdrs have someone to order around).

Consoles: 5 SCI, 4 TAC, 3 ENG (if T6 has 11 slots, then T7 must have 12).

Mastery Unlocks: I-IV typical SCI unlocks including at least one for bonus Exotic dmg. V unlock (starship trait) - surprise me...but it should be something that boosts Exotic dmg builds or targeted AE dmg.

Special Console: Activated - Next torpedo spread fires subspace torpedos that bypasses shields and armor (like the ones used vs cubes in Voyager 2-part finale), with additional passive bonus +15 Exotic dmg, +15% plasma dmg.

---> Make It So!

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Tier 7 starships? They will come, but likely not until 2018 in my opinion. There is still plenty of T6 ships that can be released and power creep has not gotten to the point where higher tier ships are necessary. Also, Cryptic need to release a lot more ships for the consoles. They are missing a lot of T5 and T6 ships. Therefore, Cryptic need time to release current T5 and T6 ships that exists on the PC for the console so that they can close the huge disparity in available ships between PC and Console. Therefore, I expect no Tier 7 ships will be released until the available ship disparity narrows from a chasm down to a simple narrow gap.

7 weapons on a science ship? Unlikely to happen. When T7 ships are released I assume total number of weapon slots will remain the same; so 6 weapons for T7 science ships. The extra firepower will come from Mk XVI gear.

4 forward / 2 aft is possible. But not 4 forward / 3 aft.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    You guys really want to give them a stick to beat you with, don't you?

I keep seeing some T7 suggestions, usually with semi-seriousness, and I definitely know if it happens, a lot of you will complain about that, saying the T6 are now useless, that you never asked for that, that they're so expensive, that you're gonna have to pay three times (T7 for the new gimmick, T6 for the trait and parts of the costumes and T2-3-4-5 for the other parts) for them, etc.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I took one look at this:

LBM55wY.gif

That was my response to this fustercluck.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    The only way we'd get another tier of ships is if we got another level cap increase.

I believe the Devs have said that there are no plans for any more level cap increases virtically. Besides... what's higher than Fleet Admiral anyways? T6 is going to be the top dog, and the only "level progression" we're going to have is lateral via Specializations, which still gives us opportunities for new ships.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,519 Arc User
    No.

You want an Arbiter AND a science ship at the same time. Plus 5 hangar bays?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    7 weapons on a science ship? Unlikely to happen... 4 forward / 2 aft is possible. But not 4 forward / 3 aft.

It has already happened. The Paradox Temporal Dreadnaught (Lobi ship) has 4 forward / 3 aft weapon slots (and a hanger bay too), with SCI Cmdr. But its an older ship so there are no temporal BOFF seats (despite "temporal" in ship name), just intel and command.
    Besides... what's higher than Fleet Admiral anyways?
    The Fleet Admiral's mom?
    You want an Arbiter AND a science ship at the same time. Plus 5 hangar bays?
    I'm a reasonable person...so 3 hanger bays should be sufficient.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The Annorax has 4/3 weapon slots and includes a hangar bay full of the nifty Krenim Heavy raiders owning one unlocks.
    The Paradox has 4/3 weapon slots and includes a hangar bay loaded with the less exciting but still solid Aeon fighters.
    The Edoulg Science Vessel also broke new ground as a 4/2 science vessel and has a hanger bay with a frigates option.

Seven slot science ships don't require another tier - they're in the game now. They are just lobi and promo! class and you will pay through the nose accordingly. The Devs do tinker with creep, deliberately, but in the smallest increments they can come up with. The T6 temporal promo! ships have a radically different BOff layout that's both very different and slightly more powerful, trading a higher tier ability for the loss of a 5th BOff's personal traits. One day we'll likely even see 3 hangar by ships, but every other aspect of the vessel is going to be fiercely mediocre. And should be.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    President of the Federation

Still get ordered around by ensigns/lieutenants

• Options
    stofsk wrote: »

So we go from setup where STO has thousands of "fleet admirals" when that rank is supposed to be the ONE top ranked officer, to an STO where everyone is "president of the federation". would be cool at get togethers when everyone greets everyone else with "Hello, Mr. President".
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Umm...yeah...no. This is why we don't let players design ships. You all have ZERO concept of game balance.

Clearly not everyone can tell when someone is just messing with them with crazy christmas idea they know has no chance Santa will deliver on (there's about a 1000% better chance Cryptic will bring back the Jester Dance before they give me a ship like the one I described above). Now that I think about it...I should have asked for a console that lets me destroy any ship in one click, once every 60 seconds!

On a more serious note, there *IS* one ship design change I'd really like to see....its so annoying to that the extra specialization slots (intel, cmd, temporal, pilot) are so restricted... Frequently a ship will only have one, and its not the one I want, or its tied to a tac slot where I dont want to give up tac abilities on a particular build. It would be cool if there was a true universal slot where the player could CHOOSE which bonus specialization they would use from the SCI/TAC/ENG boff in that slot.

• Options

So we go from setup where STO has thousands of "fleet admirals" when that rank is supposed to be the ONE top ranked officer, to an STO where everyone is "president of the federation". would be cool at get togethers when everyone greets everyone else with "Hello, Mr. President".
    Umm...yeah...no. This is why we don't let players design ships. You all have ZERO concept of game balance.

Clearly not everyone can tell when someone is just messing with them with crazy christmas idea they know has no chance Santa will deliver on (there's about a 1000% better chance Cryptic will bring back the Jester Dance before they give me a ship like the one I described above). Now that I think about it...I should have asked for a console that lets me destroy any ship in one click, once every 60 seconds!

On a more serious note, there *IS* one ship design change I'd really like to see....its so annoying to that the extra specialization slots (intel, cmd, temporal, pilot) are so restricted... Frequently a ship will only have one, and its not the one I want, or its tied to a tac slot where I dont want to give up tac abilities on a particular build. It would be cool if there was a true universal slot where the player could CHOOSE which bonus specialization they would use from the SCI/TAC/ENG boff in that slot.

Yeah that last part, really isn't going to come.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

Dude, while there may be "thousands of admirals" the story only assumes you are a single admiral, no one else exists. While we may technically rank up fast, it is a different story of star trek, our own legend if it would be.

Also, a true "universal" slot would massively mess up the game, cryptics revenue streams, and ultimately destroy the game very quickly.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well, going just from what I see I'd make the Ensign station universal, the Science/Temporal into Science/Intelligence and the Tactical just Tactical. I'd also move the console slots away from being Multi-Mission and closer to Science by taking a tactical slot and putting it into science for a 3/6/3 spread. This is supposed to be a science ship, right? I'd go so far as to make it 4/6/2 but I fear the originator would backlash violently like another recent thread starter. One hangar is all it needs if it even needs a hangar, got to keep the carriers special!
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    We have people playing this game who cannot manage to achieve 1,000 DPS with a T6 ship. We have other people in this game who think "Science Ship" is the alternate spelling for "Gunboat". Neither of these groups can play well with what we currently have and you, OP, want some kind of Killer Science Ship which combines the best features of Science and Tactical ships.

Science Ships are not set up for pew-pew-pew DPS. They are set up to kill things by using Space Magic. Honestly? L2P with the ships we have, instead of coming to the forums to fuss about the ship you want. It makes the game more fun. If more people would play the game STO currently is, instead of constantly comparing it to the game they feel STO should be, there would far fewer threads like this.

Here's the ship people like you want in STO
    5/5 weapons slots. 18 Console Slots. 10 Commander level BOff slots. 12 DOff Slots. The turn rate of a BoP with the shields and Hull Points of a Lobi Store Dreadnought. Improved Enhanced Battle Cloak which allows one to do everything while cloaked with no penalties. Along with a Special Weapon which annihilates planets with one shot and has a 0.0001 second cool down. Also, most important of all, you want it for free.

Yet there are YouTube videos of people going into an ISA with five NX-01s and winning out. Hmmm, It isn't the ship, OP, it might be you. Perhaps if you actually learned to play the game? Just sayin'
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    We have people playing this game who cannot manage to achieve 1,000 DPS with a T6 ship. We have other people in this game who think "Science Ship" is the alternate spelling for "Gunboat". Neither of these groups can play well with what we currently have and you, OP, want some kind of Killer Science Ship which combines the best features of Science and Tactical ships.

Nailed it.

This is just a case of 'I can't play well enough so make a new ship to help me overcome my weaknesses and lack of understanding.'

This suggestion is ridiculous.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Nailed it.

This is just a case of 'I can't play well enough so make a new ship to help me overcome my weaknesses and lack of understanding.'

This suggestion is ridiculous.

Nailed it. The suggestion is too ridiculous for words.

So, yeah, no T7, please. I *will* take that T6 Mobius, though (*hint*, *hint*).

P.S. I *would* like to see someone do 1,000 DPS in a T6 ship, though (sans deliberately trying to sabotage his/her DPS). 1 shot on auto-fire, and you're probably already over 1K. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ...Also, most important of all, you want it for free...
    Have to agree there. Just look at the T6 Constitution/J.J. Prise Threads.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    ...Also, most important of all, you want it for free...
    Have to agree there. Just look at the T6 Constitution/J.J. Prise Threads.

Well not for free, I'd be willing to part with some hard earned cash if the T6 Connie or Kelvin Connie made it's way into the zen store.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    So...useless post is useless. Don't waste bandwith showing off that you are a moron. A joke thread is suppose to be funny...you ain't funny. You are just a sad depressing little man who is attempting to badly cover up his own idiocy.

If the thread is a waste of bandwidth, then why are you wasting more bandwidth and everyones time extending a useless thread just so you can make personal attacks and hear yourself speak. By your own logic you are just a "sad depressing little man who is attempting to badly cover up his own idiocy"

(and yes, I fully expect you to waste everyones time once again by replying to this post :smile: )

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Well since you're willing to waste time - Let's go for it! I have no real reason to exist other than to help you waste time starting right now. Congratz! You're my new hobby! We can type back and forth to your heart's content. I really enjoy getting into a battle of wits with someone who forgot to bring a weapon. And, as an added bonus for me, while you're eagerly sitting here on the forums, breathlessly waiting for my next missive, you're missing the C-Store sales, you're missing logging into the game, you're missing making Fleet Credits, you're missing earning dilithium. you're missing...well you can figure it out.

In short, time you're wasting with me is time you cannot bother the decent folks around here. Which I'm good with, Cupcake.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2016

If the thread is a waste of bandwidth, then why are you wasting more bandwidth and everyones time extending a useless thread just so you can make personal attacks and hear yourself speak. By your own logic you are just a "sad depressing little man who is attempting to badly cover up his own idiocy"

(and yes, I fully expect you to waste everyones time once again by replying to this post :smile: )

He's providing entertainment value for those of us that accidentally clicked your thread thinking it was something viable or relevant. It's not, but at least while we're here we can listen to him tell you why you suck.

You're obviously bating him to reply, so it's silly for you to preemptively call him out on it. If you don't want him to reply, then just leave it alone.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So right now there are two science ships that I know of that have 4 forward weapon slots, both are Lobi ships (Sphere builder science ship, and paradox science dreadnaught...i dont count the dyson science). That is nice because it allows 3 forward beams/cannons in addition to the torpodo (Grav or Pep) so you can stack torpodo ae damage on top of all AE exotic dmg and other AE dmg.

However, like they say in some of those Geiko adds... "I want more".

So here is my request for T7 science ship (We will have a T7 soon, right?). It should be a non-LOBI ship.

Weapons: 4 forward, 3 rear. (I'd ask for 5 forward but Tac players would complain).

Bridge: 1 Cmdr SCI, 1 Lt. Cmdr Sci/Temporal, 1 Lt. Cmdr TAC/Intel, 1 Lt. Cmdr ENG/Com or ENG/Pilot, 1 Ensign Tac (So the Lt. Cmdrs have someone to order around).

Consoles: 5 SCI, 4 TAC, 3 ENG (if T6 has 11 slots, then T7 must have 12).

Mastery Unlocks: I-IV typical SCI unlocks including at least one for bonus Exotic dmg. V unlock (starship trait) - surprise me...but it should be something that boosts Exotic dmg builds or targeted AE dmg.

Special Console: Activated - Next torpedo spread fires subspace torpedos that bypasses shields and armor (like the ones used vs cubes in Voyager 2-part finale), with additional passive bonus +15 Exotic dmg, +15% plasma dmg.

---> Make It So!
    Umm no. Op you are a complete idiot and have no clue what is going on in the game or what is offered. So Foxtrot Uniform charlie Kilo off and learn or better yet actually play the game.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. T7 isn't happening. At least, not in the way that T6 happened. T6 came with a level cap increase, 1 console and 1 boff power increase per T6 ship. And added specialization hybrid seating, spec trees and ship traits.

So to have T7, you would need a Level 70 level cap increase which is pointless with spec trees. You would need to add a 12th console as the OP ridiculously suggests. You would need to add a 14th boff power per ship. You would also need to add "something" extra like how T6 added ship traits, specialization trees and specialization hybrid seating.

The current T6 system was designed so that T7 would never need to exist. You will more likely see a new specialization introduced every year with a glut of ships to go along with it. You will also, as I have said before, likely see the same ships re-released with new specs. We just saw an Intel and Command version of the Sovereign released. We will likely see, as I've said before, Intel Scimitars, Temporal Odysseys and many many other re-releases.

To summarize, why would they put in the massive amount of work to create T7 when they can just rehash a T6 Galaxy with a new spec, throw on a slightly different skin and sell it for 3,000 zen? Or throw it in a promo box? T7 doesn't make sense from a game design standpoint. It doesn't make sense from a profitability standpoint. And it won't grow the player base. Basically, it ain't gonna happen.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    T7 will get me out of the game.
    I paid a fortune on T5 ships (including the scimitar and Bortas and the Dyson pack)
    I paid a fortune on T6 ships (I have all but a few Fed ones, that I don't want)
    I will not spend a Cent on T7 ships. Instead I would leave the game.

Being able to upgrade gear to MK XIV seemed a good idea. However - most of my friends left the game within a month of that.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    nikeix wrote: »
    The Annorax has 4/3 weapon slots and includes a hangar bay full of the nifty Krenim Heavy raiders owning one unlocks.
    The Paradox has 4/3 weapon slots and includes a hangar bay loaded with the less exciting but still solid Aeon fighters.
    The Edoulg Science Vessel also broke new ground as a 4/2 science vessel and has a hanger bay with a frigates option.

Seven slot science ships don't require another tier - they're in the game now. They are just lobi and promo! class and you will pay through the nose accordingly. The Devs do tinker with creep, deliberately, but in the smallest increments they can come up with. The T6 temporal promo! ships have a radically different BOff layout that's both very different and slightly more powerful, trading a higher tier ability for the loss of a 5th BOff's personal traits. One day we'll likely even see 3 hangar by ships, but every other aspect of the vessel is going to be fiercely mediocre. And should be.

Annorax is technically a Dreadnaught, and the Paradox is a Dreadnaught CRUISER... with sensor analysis? Wut? Anyways.. their status as Dreads does allow for the extra forward weapon.

The Edoulg is a bit odd, but it is a more combat oriented design I guess based on its origins, but still conforms to the 6 weapon slots that is typical of Sci ships.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Dont forget, they will introduce an upgrade token that will upgrade your existing T6's to a T6U, almost "as good" to the T7's.

As for level 70 characters. Chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, chief of starfleet operations, commandant of starfleet academy.

But i hope itll be effing 2020. I aint buying T7s.