test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

Comments

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    After multiple rounds and weeks of competition, the final results are in! Our Alpha design has been chosen to become the official Anniversary Ship! Stay tuned as we reveal more information in the coming future as the Lukari take this pivotal step into the future!

That sucks! The rip off of the Atlantis Models TR-3e wins?
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    eazzie wrote: »
    Alpha or Echo. By the way, when do we get to see the rest of the ship?

Not for a while yet. As this is the Anniversary ship, and the Anniversary isn't until February 2017, I would expect to see stats etc to be released sometime in January.

No, no . . . the rest of the ship . . . right now we have a flying Dorito, or a flying saucer, or a boomerang . . . surely this is not all of the ship?!?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    rpenrodrpenrod Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    eazzie wrote: »
    Alpha or Echo. By the way, when do we get to see the rest of the ship?

Not for a while yet. As this is the Anniversary ship, and the Anniversary isn't until February 2017, I would expect to see stats etc to be released sometime in January.

No, no . . . the rest of the ship . . . right now we have a flying Dorito, or a flying saucer, or a boomerang . . . surely this is not all of the ship?!?

That's it, the whole ship. What did you think we voted on????
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    the winner is the tortilla chip ship , stats had better be really good or im skipping it, its downright ugly
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Alpha
    the winner is the tortilla chip ship , stats had better be really good or im skipping it, its downright ugly

You should be thankful we didn't get stuck with the plain old boring Potato chip ship, or the really downright ugly boomerang ship. If it had been any of those, even more people would be skipping it.

tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Why do people reduce the ship to a basic shape or compare it to some object and use that as a reason it's ugly? You can do that to every single thing, it doesn't make sense...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    It's called rationalization it's a purely human trait.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I hope it's a science ship, but I think we're due for a cruiser since 2016 was the KSV. Regardless, another T6 non-tactical admiralty card will be a welcome addition to my tac heavy Klingon and Romulan fleets.
  • Options
    Team Charlie

Targs have problems grasping human traits pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    captainjtietzcaptainjtietz Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Woohoo! The Protoss looking one!
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Even Though I did not vote, I will enjoy the anniversary ship. I was hoping for ether the triangle or saucer ship as they bring back memories of the X Files. Especially the triangle ship.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Alpha
    I cannot wait until I can try it on my primary science toon.
  • Options
    tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Considering how 'close' the vote tally was, Devs, you should consider offering all 3 skin variants in the Tailor, to appease the masses.
  • Options
    chelly#7549 chelly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    It isn't too bad looking. I think with the shape I would say it might be a tac ship. But having another science vessel would be nice. I am just happy for a nice free ship, well a free ship you have to work for. :) Also visually I like it because it will have a defined front and back. I am assuming that the pointy end is what you stick them with. (aka weapons). Hopefully it won't be a pain to pilot, because I find some of the cruisers and or small ships a bit too slow or too fast.
    Post edited by chelly#7549 on
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    angrytarg wrote: »

Targs have problems grasping human traits pig-4.gif​​

Opposable thumbs rule.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Team Charlie

trygvar13 wrote: »
    Indeed. It is by far the best look. Too bad most people seem to think otherwise. I guess they prefer familiar shapes.
    I thought so too, and for a culture just taking on warp technology it made sense to me their first ships would be just as useful for atmospheric flight / ground landing. Anyway, life is change, change requires rethinking things, rethinking things is good. :)

If nothing else, a giant Klingon would be able to use the Echo as a Bat'leth ;)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    considering how many votes for all 3 and how close the % were, I'm hoping they wise up and use all 3 in some fashion

I agree. :)

When you think of the number of influences the Lukari had in the ship design, there's only so much that can be incorporated into one ship. As they gain more experience in space, they'll make new ship designs to meet their needs.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    Opposable thumbs rule.

Yeah, it was that or the half-hour-long TRIBBLE thing... pig-2.gif

EDIT: That's a "bad" word, huh? There's really no fun in PWE censor land.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Alpha
    Really sad we couldn't have both Alpha and Echo, so we could both have an exploration ship and a warship.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Now if they would only add the glowy parts of Team Echo's ship to the three outlined corners of the winner ship, Team Alpha.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    We'll get a freighter...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    rangeramongyourangeramongyou Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    We'll get a freighter...

With all respect, friend, I'm counting on Excelsior.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    Double post... Oopsie.
  • Options
    Team Charlie
    Can, at least, the saucer shaped center disengage as a pet?
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    We'll get a freighter...

Garbage Scowl..... with 12 weapon slots.
  • Options
    Team Charlie
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    We'll get a freighter...

Umm... that would be Garbage Scow...
    "Garbage Scowl" sounds like an angry piece of litter...
    stock-illustration-93840941-angry-garbage-can.jpg

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Alpha
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    We'll get a freighter...

Imagine a ship with 12 turrets.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    Team Alpha
    Might as well make a gunship class with 10 or 12 weapon slots.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I'm actually getting excited about our new mini Star Destroyer.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Team Alpha
    To be fair though the Star Destroyer design was based on a dagger or arrow head, while this Lukari ship appears to be a properly proportional triangle with the corners cut off, there's quite the difference here.
    Post edited by avoozuul on