• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    see the announcement on reddit??
  • tholian#5837 tholian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    see the announcement on reddit??

What announcement?
    getting crafting and duty officers and other stuff
  • jahh75#9613 jahh75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    While I appreciate the extensive list that TC has spent the time to compile and the immediate response from one of the dev team members. I disagree with some of the labels. For instance, I consider the fact that I spent tons of hours collecting marks in order to have the option to wear tailor specific outfits a MAJOR bug. You can not modify the first slot to any special tailor outfits, including Voth, Delta and Counter Command. And although you can modify the above mentions uniforms in other slots, you can't equip or move to those slots.
  • jahh75#9613 jahh75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Another super annoying bug is when your ship is turning in one direction in space combat and you press and hold down to access your wheel to use an ability, instead of your ship continuing on its existing path, it immediately auto turns your ship in the opposite direction once you hold down the button for the wheel choices. When I first got the game, this wasn't an issue. Now after the latest update is has become a major issue as it affect strategies and makes you hesitate to use multiple non-auto executable abilities whilst in the middle of combat.....
  • deadlehs247deadlehs247 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have encountered a number of bugs, and support email has sent me here to report it in the hopes of getting it remedied.

1) Cannot claim reward at L20 for Klingons - "Promotion -Commander".
    I realise this has been mentioned above, but as an add on to that, I have found that even if I continue to play beyond L20 (I am at 25 now) that because claiming that reward is the primary mission, I cannot get info on subsequent missions other than the location. So am kind of flying blind a little at the moment.

2) Playing Romulans (Klingon alignment) on the cusp of L30, my game is locked up. My ship is unable to move, the assignment is to go to New Romulan Command to get my promotion, but a PVP mission is overriding that so all I can do is click that. But even after opening that I cannot fly my ship anywhere.
  • randalmarrs#3720 randalmarrs Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    For the lvl 20 Klingon promotion I think your best option is to lvl to 30, via DSE is very quick. Then go claim the promotion and tour lvl 20 and 30 ships and continue your story missions.
  • About Romulans, take all quests until you get the right one. Make it primary and it's done.
    Sometimes it works. And it's always the last one. ^^
    Sure it's a mess, but Romulans are totally broken so it doesn't matter so much, right?
    Be warned once you hit lvl 50 you're done. You can level up but not expend points. Any kind of point.
    And your ships(all of them) become weird. Today my shields are 30/30 even if i change the setting. Lol.
  • fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    Hey calm down with Romulan WE ARE NOT BROKEN !!!
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
    edited November 2016
    For the lvl 20 Klingon promotion I think your best option is to lvl to 30, via DSE is very quick. Then go claim the promotion and tour lvl 20 and 30 ships and continue your story missions.

Exactly, and go do the Temporal ambassador mission (you can do it now at lV25), you will be rewarded with a T3 KDF/FED Cruiser ... A good ship...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • seattlekush#5502 seattlekush Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Hmm... It seems that Cryptic continues to ignore us. Time to delete STO and NW. I'm glad I only threw 5 bucks into this game for the NX Replica. I'd have been uberraged if I had bought the frontier pack. Well, I'm off to play Skyrim SE... FREEDOM OR SOVNGARDE!!! As for Cryptic, as the Klingons would say... May those dishonorable targs burn in the fires of Gre'thor!
    Hmm... It seems that Cryptic continues to ignore us. Time to delete STO and NW. I'm glad I only threw 5 bucks into this game for the NX Replica. I'd have been uberraged if I had bought the frontier pack. Well, I'm off to play Skyrim SE... FREEDOM OR SOVNGARDE!!! As for Cryptic, as the Klingons would say... May those dishonorable targs burn in the fires of Gre'thor!

Qapla !!
    cryptic are like.. look at are stats we have loads of players. we have no intention to communicate with them. or fix there bugs.

when they drop there new stuff on us. it will be buggy as hell and we won't support it much. ffs
    edited November 2016
    Cryptic and STO Console Developers are the worst service I have ever seen...
    I am sad, because this game have a great potential, and day after day we lose players...
  • jzhnutzjzhnutz Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    batmorph wrote: »
    This quote is directly from a community moderator in another post;

"Definitely not a bug report.
    As a side-note, the dev team doesn't have the time capabilities to reply to each bug-report thread. Or, would you rather have a QA guy to come and reply to every thread, rather than devote that time he/she'd spend responding to every thread to actualy working on the issues?
    /Closed "

Almost ALL other game companies have folks to tell us what is happening with bugs, Cryptic does not however. When they do reply, this is what we get. We accidentally showed emotions in a bug post when it seemed no one pays attention to bug posts. It doesn't even have to be a dev who posts the information, SWTOR has community leader who respond for the Devs, why can't Cryptic?

Yep - and ironically, it was a Bug Report. Obviously the title of that forum post didn't reflect that, but still. Its not like we are asking for more then what the game deserves, especially for those of us who have spent time AND money on the game. My Romulan is still broke - thats not a "bug" or a "glitch" but BROKE. Can I still play it, sure, but its a pain. turn rate still broke, again, not just a bug or a glitch, but broke. I expect bugs and glitches, I do not expect broken to stay broke for this long.
  • wermolowermolo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The turn rate killed the game for me, and I am a whale.
    Lowered Turn rate broke the game for me too... and not only for me...
    What is the problem with the topic tittle ? I think it can still be changed if u want ..
    anyone having problems with combat?

I go into battle and instantly my shields are gone. for no reason what so ever.

trying to get my weapons to fire is sometimes impossible. and even trying to target a enemy is really messed up latly
    against the Borgs ?
    no mirror.
    edited November 2016
    I don't know, could it be a lag problem ? sometime server are lagging, mostly when there is lot of players, or visual special effects... you take the damages one second or two before you see them firing on u...

Yesterday, I tried to do some missions in Dyson Solanae sphere, it was awful, we were a lot of players, may be 50 or more, against the Voths in the Undine part of the sphere, and the game was lagging a lot...

I can see how much datas are downloaded/uploaded from/to the PS4 with my router, and it is really insignificant never more than 190KB/sec, well below my adsl 12/1Mo capacity, but when there is a lot of players, this is inevitable...
    It was the same with Defiance on PS3...
    them Dyson big battles are almost unplayable.

but yea I dunno what's happening.
  • This is a ticket I wrote and got a response to. They told me to post it in the forums for QA to see. However, since I am a "new" user, I can only post it as a comment at this time. Seems that this thread is fitting for my list of issues that I am experiencing. Ticket follows:

I am leveling up a Romulan Tactical Officer. My race is "Alien". Upon hitting level 50, I was unable to spend the final acquired space and ground points on skills.

Furthermore, I am now level 55, and I cannot spend any specialization points, either.

Additionally, I cannot equip the outfit in my second slot. I can make edits to it, but I cannot wear it.

Lastly, even though I have earned several tiers of reputation with all the factions, I have not been able to unlock any reputation traits or skills; on the Traits screen, they all remain locked.

This issue seems to have happened to a number of people playing as Romulan Tactical Officers, as I've found reports of this occurring in STO forums, or on Reddit.

Essentially, it seems that progress halts at Level 49, and none of the abilities, traits or skills that are supposed to unlock at level 50 have done so. As for the outfit slot not working, that may somehow also be attributed to this bug.

This bug happened after the last Star Trek Online update (I reached level 50 after the update), and it seems to not only have affected PS4 players, but it seems it has also affected Xbox One players, as well.

POSSIBLE CONTRIBUTING FACTORS:

While leveling, I have never engaged in any PVP, and I have stuck to the linear story progression path, playing the episodes for a Romulan Officer, in order.

During my playthrough, I unlocked the "Defiant" accolade/title, and I have had the "Defiant" title equipped ever since its acquisition.

When the game updated, I was playing the mission "The Best Defense" under the 'Vengeance' episode list. After the update, the mission was available again, despite me having already completed it. I did this mission a total of three times before it finally cleared itself from my active mission list.

My entire playthrough, I attempted to get every accolade for missions when I could. I also selected merciful or diplomatic choices rather than hostile ones when prompted with a decision.

My ground combat build was all geared towards damage and DPS. No ground points were spent in any skill that offered shields, health, or the like. The same was true for space point allocation.

While leveling, I would occasionally allow a pool of ground and space points to build up before deciding on how to spend them in the trees.

POSSIBLE STEPS OF REPRODUCTION:

Step 1 - Start Star Trek Online for PS4

Step 2 - Create a Romulan Tactical Officer in a character slot (Alien, Romulan or Reman).

Step 3 - Progress through the Romulan story missions, avoid PVP, space battles or events.

Step 4 - Play the character while making diplomatic/merciful choices throughout the missions. Be sure to acquire every accolade while progressing through episodes (exit and retry if accolades are missed).

Step 5 - Gear skills and traits towards beam weapon DPS for both ground and space.

Step 6 - Upon reaching level 50 and over, check to see if skill points can be allocated, and if reputation traits can be naturally unlocked.

*NOTE* No dev-kits or codes should be used during playthrough, as they might keep the bug from happening.

I really want to play this game. I've been enjoying it, and it's a lot of fun, but I feel so under-powered and weak in comparison to other players of the same level due to this issue. It's made me pretty upset, and it's been going on for nearly over a month now.

Some people say that retrain tokens can fix this issue, but I don't think that the solution for an issue should be for me, or anyone else, to spend money to solve it. That's not an acceptable answer for any of us experiencing this glitch.

I do in fact want to spend my time and money on this game, but not if my character is going to be severely bugged. Please, help.
    edited November 2016
    Standard answer : go post on the forum and ask other players...
    Sadly, QA team is absent from here...
  • > @fced said:
    > Standard answer : go post on the forum and ask other players...

Yeah. That's what they told me in a response, complete with typos and grammatical errors. It's incredibly upsetting how little they seem to care about the console port of this game, despite the fact that it had started with such a strong following and community. It's still fun and expansive, but almost unplayable for some people in its current state, which they appear to have no interest in repairing. The wasted potential is quite sad.
    yes, and it Is sad QA console team didn't even come here to give us some news...
  • acatlasacatlas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Ive only reciently started playing this however the dev team compaired to other games as well as game masters do have poor response time and procedure while the game is decient the bugs that are broken the developers dont really encourage people to want to stay. I started invested money in playing a kdf character which im not even a big trekie I barely watched any of it outside ds9. However I do like mmo's and story and the game is good for that. However the game has me 50/50 on the ropes about staying with the game. As personally there should be alot more active effort from the development team to at least communicate or make players feel that they do care.

If there are some issues that are big coding issues and that affect game play like turn rates and inability to access certain rewards. They should communicate it and let a ticket be open for it. Keep people updated on progress even if they cant fix it immendiately like hey we are working on it at this time we have bug x fixed we will release patch prolly in 2 weeks. 1 week later reupdate people with a post like a single weekly post at least with updates.

I play all 3 factions however i do like my kdf characters the most and actually spent money on them im considering regreating now. While you can level past 20-30 someone here said that lack of abilitie to enjoy the level 20 ship is very depressing and does have a fairly discouraging factor in the game play. They should compensate this in some way if they arnt making in on there priority list.

Asking game masters like couldnt you guys like grant people a ship or push the quest for them. The answer was we cant help you...which is really really disheartening in the game. I've never heard of a game customer service rep ever saying hey yeah basically sucks to be you we have a problem we wont do anything for it. Between DBZ, Hearthstone, SwTor (Still sad this didnt go further as a game - dev teams had poor priority), Wow, MCoC. The game is decient but its disheartening that it may not be worth the long term investment in play to get into it if they arnt going to be more interactive and understanding of there customers.
    But hey... we are getting crafting, DOFFS, Admiralty and Fleet Holdings!!!! WE SHOULD BE EXCITED (*sarcasm of course)
    yea gunnar be bugs. and no support
    yea gunnar be bugs. and no support

I can understand the desire or need to fix a slew of bugs while patching in new content - I can totally understand that. What I cannot understand is the lack of information regarding problems and/or potential fixes. The moderators question of would we rather have a dev give us information or work on fixes is a shallow excuse for no information at all. It literally takes me one minute or less to write something in this forum or reddit. A person who is tasked to fix problems can proably type faster then me, and the response that "We are aware of the issues A, B and C and we are currently working on a fix" is a lot better then no response at all.

I think we can all understand that there are going to be issues, there are issues in AAA games from AAA developers, but no response at all, no update and even more so, no acknowledgement is a huge issue. Maybe PC users are used to it, but console players aren't as forgiving.