What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need PVP like world of tanks

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If Star Citizen insurance is like EVE insurance, then it doesn't actually cover the full cost of your ship OR cargo, and definitely doesn't cover the cost of any special gear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    No because you can serve aboard other player or npc ships if you don't have the currency and don't want to risk it. You can also travel on safe routes. Another option is that there will be different types of insurance with varying costs. Seeing as you can earn enough to afford a 5 man constellation ship in a month of daily play for an hour or so, you'll be fine.

Unless you are rubbish at playing it but even then you'd get by easily.

Another option is that like zen, you can buy in-game currency with real money if you're short.
  • Options
    morgueragemorguerage Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    We're fixing PvP by playing Star Citizen? How is it shaping up so far?
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    It's already more balanced than STO and the Devs care about the player community. STO Devs care only about part of the community, DPS min/maxers with a big wallet.
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Umm. yeah... NO.

Two entirely different game types and styles.

You may as well ask for a 'roleplaying' version of World of Tanks over on their forums. :p

lemmings way too ? wait isnt it already that ?
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't PvP at all. I play my own way, with what equipment I want despite jerks who attempt to troll me about how much I 'suck'. I hold my own when events like CC or Mirror Invasion or whatever comes out, so I'm happy. I don't need to be the one who vapes everything. I play on normal mode because I'm not interested in how tough I can make things for myself. I like playing the story more than min/maxing.

So I'll say what others are saying. You want to play WoT style PvP? Play WoT. You want to play <insert game name here> style PvP? Play that game.

STO has not done anything for PvP in years, that should tell everyone something. Such as they're not going to do anything for PvP, so if you want to PvP in STO, you're pretty much tough cookies.

When I do look at new game DLs, if its main attraction is PvP I won't DL it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    metallica#9475 metallica Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Wow, this topic sure started a lot of comments. LOL