PS4 : Known bugs list (non exhaustive)

Comments

• Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2016
    fced wrote: »
    Hello Arcgames,

Here is some bugs i have notified.
    Some are greatly broking the gameplay, other are as just problematic (the more disruptive bugs are in Bold)...

...snipped...

Hello!

Thank you for this extensive post.

I am on the PC QA team and do not immediately know the internal status of these bugs, as I do not deal with verifying the fixes. I do also not know of every single bug that we are tracking related to any platform. Due to that, I am not immediately aware of the status of all of issues you mentioned, but rest assured that the team reads this forum and is paying close attention to community feedback.

Given that, here is what I know that I can share:
    - Critical Bug : Starships have a problem with Turn rate ... Inside a Stellar system (in battle), turn rate do not change with throttle speed as it should. I tried with 2 ships (T'laru/Scryer) Dual cannons are impossible to play, everybody play with beam in the actual state of the game.
    - Critical Bug : Some Romulans characters reported they can't assign skills/traits after hitting LV50
    - Major bug : Player Starship, npc, and ennemies starship become Invisible during mission after cut scene (need to logout/login to fix the problem)
    - Major bug : Player and NPC become invisible during some mission after cut-scene (need to logout/login to fix the problem)

These are all known, high priority issues.
    - Major bug (skill broken) : In some case Space Skill "Advanced weapon specialization" is not counted in Ship stats total Crit chances.

This is not a bug. This will never display in your total displayed global critical hit chance and global critical severity because it only affects weapons. The skill does function correctly.
    - Minor bug : Player uniform customization slots 2 and 3 can no more be used, only the 1st one...
    - Minor bug : Klingon missions that cannot be dropped on Federation Characters : Test of Mettle / Duties of Command
    - Minor bug : Specializations windows : Cannot scroll the skill description (if there is a lot of text), scrolling no more work.
    - Graphic bug (or network loading problem ?) : Textures mapping not completely done on player character sometime (happen also during cut-scene), it should be fixed for a better immersion
    - Minor bug : Sometime crew officers are not visible in space station crew socket

These are all issues that I know we are tracking. I do not immediately know about the others, and cannot speculate about potential improvements as those appear largely console-specific and I do not know the feasibility of doing them, but the console team does read these and other forums looking for feedback such as this.

There are also a number of other issues that we are tracking, and there are a significant number of fixes and improvements planned for the next console patch.

- CrypticSpartan
  • Options
    tholian#5837 tholian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Ground camera randomly resets to furthest position. Especially during combat.
  • Options
    fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Glad to know finally someone from the dev team have answered, it would have better for the STO players community if it have been someone from the Console dev team (may be they have other thing to do)...
    But anyway thank you, please forward the Bug list (specifically the critical ones) to the Console Developper manager, and haste them please, it is more than two weeks now...
    The bugs affecting the turn rate, the critical chances are really broking the gameplay, something should be done...
    - Major bug (skill broken) : In some case Space Skill "Advanced weapon specialization" is not counted in Ship stats total Crit chances.

Here are the maths for the critical chance calculation :
    Critical chances :
    - 2.5% base for all character
    - Weapon specialization + Improved weapon specialization + Advanced weapon specialization = +6.0% critical chance Bonus
    - Personal Space trait : operative = +1% critical Hit chance
    - Space reputation trait : Precision = +4% critical Hit chances

Total = 2.5 + 6.0 + 1.0 + 4.0 = 13.5% critical chances (Should be)
    On my Fed. Ship (Scryer/Yamato) : Crit. Chances = 7.5% (instead of 13.5% crit chance)
    Make the count = it miss 6% (exactly the amount 3 space skills weapon specialization give = 6%)

On my Romulan character, i have done the same maths, and i have the same Skills/Traits/Reput Traits (except the Romulan Operative trait i don't have on Fed), and the amount of Critical chances is correct (in Ship Stats -> Attack -> Crit.Chances = 14.5%)...

Thank you for your time
    Ced

PS : Can we have an approximation of the next patch release date ?

Post edited by fced on
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options

Here are the maths for the critical chance calculation :
    Critical chances :
    - 2.5% base for all character
    - Weapon specialization + Improved weapon specialization + Advanced weapon specialization = +6.0% critical chance Bonus
    - Personal Space trait : operative = +1% critical Hit chance
    - Space reputation trait : Precision = +4% critical Hit chances

Total = 2.5 + 6.0 + 1.0 + 4.0 = 13.5% critical chances (Should be)
    On my Fed. Ship (Scryer/Yamato) : Crit. Chances = 7.5% (but is only)
    Make the count = it miss 6% (exactly the amount 3 space skills weapon specialization give = 6%)

On my Romulan character, i have done the same maths, and i have the same Skills/Traits/Reput Traits (except the Romulan Operative trait i don't have on Fed), and the amount of Critical chances is correct (in Ship Stats -> Attack -> Crit.Chances = 14.5%)...

Thank you for your time
    Ced

I agree with you, you are not seeing it added to your character stats. The sources you listed are all "Global" critical modifiers; this means that they affect everything. This is why their descriptions are short and without disclamers, for example, "+4% Critical Hit Chance" on precision. The numbers displayed there are also the "global" critical stats; meaning they affect everything.

The description of Weapon Specialization and Weapon Amplification specifically refers to "your weapons" - "This skill increases the chance that your weapons will Critically Hit." and "This skill increases the Bonus Damage that your weapons inflict when landing a Critical Hit." This is because the Critical Hit Chance and Critical Severity they grant only affect weapons, and do not affect non-weapon sources of damage, such as Bridge Officer powers or ship consoles that do damage.

Because the UI only shows you your global critical stats, it will not show Weapon Specialization or Amplification's critical bonuses intentionally. Those skills do function, and do not add their stats to the global critical stats displayed in the UI. I hope this clear up why.

- CrypticSpartan
  • Options
    satsukixhimesatsukixhime Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    CrypticSpartan, it would be greatly appreciated if you would ask people that are on the console dev team to interact with us more. Just reading the forums and reddit isn't enough, especially when we have gone weeks with bugs bad enough to scare people off of playing. I'm the only one in my fleet that still plays regularly. The rest are waiting on these bugs to be fixed.
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    romulan ship sometimes can't de cloake.

makes using it in events and such very risky
    Post edited by skullblits#4627 on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @CrypticSpartan, thank you for your clarification...
    I was making a mistake by comparing my Romulan ship (with 4x Romulan BOF) Crit. Chances to my Federation Ship (with Human BOF) Crit. chances...
    I didn't realized Bridge officer Romulan Operative trait was added to the Global Crit. Chances ...

makes using it in events and she such very risky

Added
    CrypticSpartan, it would be greatly appreciated if you would ask people that are on the console dev team to interact with us more. Just reading the forums and reddit isn't enough, especially when we have gone weeks with bugs bad enough to scare people off of playing. I'm the only one in my fleet that still plays regularly. The rest are waiting on these bugs to be fixed.

Yes, indeed ... We have the feeling the forum is deserted by Console Dev team ...
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...
  • Options

I am currently discussing this with them.

makes using it in events and such very risky

Also a known high priority issue.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    thank you for the time. makes a lot of difference.

also are ps4 servers down? it won't connect me for past hour
  • Options
    thank you for the time. makes a lot of difference.

also are ps4 servers down? it won't connect me for past hour

I am connected and playing now... Everything is working correctly, but i notified some players during PVE event are disappearing, may be they are disconnected / Kicked from the server...
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    I would also add it's not practical for the QA team to be answering every forum post. CrypticSpartan is awesome for doing this when and where he can, but it's far too time consuming to expect replies for anything other than the huge issues.

As for connection issues, while I don't think PWE shares the same DNS servers currently under attack on the east coast (Twitter for example), there are bound to be some problems created by it.

• Options
    They did not need to answer, just to fix the game... In 3 weeks they have largely the time to do the job.

Of course CrypticSpartan is kind enough to come and answer us, more than this, it give us the feeling of being listened... But it is not his job, he is from the PC Dev Team, and on PC, Dev have done their work, PC Players have not reported bugs like those listed here on STO PS4/Xbox.

For Connection problem, i do not know if all players in the world share the same server, i think no, because i am from Spain, and i was connected the entire afternoon, but my fellow fleet friends which are in France, cannot connect and play...
    So i am pretty sure we are connected across different servers...

And DNS have nothing to do with this, DNS is for translate an IP address to an address like www.arcgames.com if you want you can change your DNS and see if the problem persist ...
    Primary Google DNS : 8.8.8.8
    Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
  • Options
    it's play station having problems in some places
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    They did not need to answer, just to fix the game... In 3 weeks they have largely the time to do the job.

Of course CrypticSpartan is kind enough to come and answer us, more than this, it give us the feeling of being listened... But it is not his job, he is from the PC Dev Team, and on PC, Dev have done their work, PC Players have not reported bugs like those listed here on STO PS4/Xbox.

For Connection problem, i do not know if all players in the world share the same server, i think no, because i am from Spain, and i was connected the entire afternoon, but my fellow fleet friends which are in France, cannot connect and play...
    So i am pretty sure we are connected across different servers...

And DNS have nothing to do with this, DNS is for translate an IP address to an address like www.arcgames.com if you want you can change your DNS and see if the problem persist ...
    Primary Google DNS : 8.8.8.8
    Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

You're quite right - the largest DDoS attack in US history, currently in it's third wave, is impacting ISP's all over the continent has NOTHING to do with PS4 connectivity. Nothing at all.

Idiot.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Stay polite...
    Here we do not talk about the huge DDOS attack, but Cryptic (Star Trek Online) services mainly the game bugs...
    Cryptic can do nothing if they are attacked by thousand of computers spamming their IP address, but there is a lot of thing where they can act...

PS : I thought our PS4 do not need to be connected to PSN to connect to Star Trek Online (Last week i got 2 popups about PSN Maintenance, but i wasn't disconnected from STo) but i tried to disconnect PSN, and i have been disconnected from STO too...

About the 21th october 2016 PS4 connectivity problems , here is the news :
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/widespread-ddos-attack-has-psn-and-the-internet-li/1100-6444696/
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/555533/PSN-down-not-working-PS4-PlayStation-Network-PS3
    Post edited by fced on
  • Options
    direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    -snip-
    Hi CrypticSpartan :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to post in this thread.

My quick question is this: do you know if the bug that prevents KDF toons from being promoted at lvl20 is considered high priority at this point in time?

Thanks in advance for any answer.
  • Options
    Seriously ? KDF Captains can not being promoted past lv 20 ?
    I just started a KDF character ...
  • Options
    tholian#5837 tholian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Voth armor (Dyson reputation tier 5 costume unlock) doesn't show up as an option at the tailor. It does show as an option when selecting the type of outfit when modifying but none of the costume pieces are listed. The helmet is selectable when modifying the character's head in the advanced menu, but no Voth body armor options can be found.
  • Options
    dracosveen#2204 dracosveen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    - Minor bug : Player uniform customization slots 2 and 3 can no more be used, only the 1st one...
    - Minor bug : Klingon missions that cannot be dropped on Federation Characters : Test of Mettle / Duties of Command
    - Minor bug : Specializations windows : Cannot scroll the skill description (if there is a lot of text), scrolling no more work.
    - Graphic bug (or network loading problem ?) : Textures mapping not completely done on player character sometime (happen also during cut-scene), it should be fixed for a better immersion
    - Minor bug : Sometime crew officers are not visible in space station crew socket

These are all issues that I know we are tracking. I do not immediately know about the others, and cannot speculate about potential improvements as those appear largely console-specific and I do not know the feasibility of doing them, but the console team does read these and other forums looking for feedback such as this.

There are also a number of other issues that we are tracking, and there are a significant number of fixes and improvements planned for the next console patch.

- CrypticSpartan

Nee fok. Ok so this is just a portion of the quote from CrypticSpartan. Firstly thank you for replying but seriously wtf are the console devs. They should be replying.

Secondly so fffffing what if bugs a console specific. You guys released a console game but now there are console specific bugs and you guys have feasibility issues to fix them. what TRIBBLE is that? i have spent enough money on zen etc to have purchased this game 10 times over. What a slap in the face.

Fix these issues. I am not going to say please because i am not in the habit of begging for quality that i fffffing paid for!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Voth armor (Dyson reputation tier 5 costume unlock) doesn't show up as an option at the tailor. It does show as an option when selecting the type of outfit when modifying but none of the costume pieces are listed. The helmet is selectable when modifying the character's head in the advanced menu, but no Voth body armor options can be found.

Added
  • Options
    sometimes the game crashes when docking at earth space dock.
  • Options
    This never happened to me, the game crash sometime, usually after i have set the PS4 to stand-by. Very few games support the PS4 standby mode...
  • Options
    -snip-
    Hi CrypticSpartan :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to post in this thread.

My quick question is this: do you know if the bug that prevents KDF toons from being promoted at lvl20 is considered high priority at this point in time?

Thanks in advance for any answer.
    Added ...
    I have experimented it by myself today when i reached lv20 i was doing "the gates of Gre'thor" mission, i received the mission " Promotion : Commander" but cannot hail KDF, and when i am going to the Q'onos KDF Starbase, i am not awarded with a new ship...
    I can promote my BOF to Lieutenant Commander, and of course i am LV 21 now, but no new ship... Very frustrating...
    How much things have been broken by the Console Developers ?? How much remain to discover ???
    Are they even doing their job ?
  • Options
    iceman#0849 iceman Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    The PS4 trophies: Specialist and Solane Lore are both broken.
  • Options
    yimrlokiyimrloki Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I have experimented it by myself today when i reached lv20 i was doing "the gates of Gre'thor" mission, i received the mission " Promotion : Commander" but cannot hail KDF, and when i am going to the Q'onos KDF Starbase, i am not awarded with a new ship...
    I can promote my BOF to Lieutenant Commander, and of course i am LV 21 now, but no new ship... Very frustrating...
    How much things have been broken by the Console Developers ?? How much remain to discover ???

I've encountered this on both my KDF characters. The only way around it right now is, unfortunately, to delete and restart the character. I forget the name of it, but there's a certain mission you have to do at lvl.9 or lvl.10 that involves taking your new ship (whether or not you actually have one yet) after a federation vessel in order to determine it's fortune in future battles. You either played during the double xp event, which caused you to level too fast and not trigger the mission, or you accidentally skipped/dropped it. I don't know how or why, but it's completion is tied to whether or not you can get your level 20 Promotion.

While I'm here, I'd also like to bring up a bug I've encountered as well. I bought the Mogh-class Battlecruiser, but the unique terminal weapon it came with doesn't work, or even show up in the ability wheel for that matter. Considering the ship costs actual money, this issue is more than a little annoying.

Some video of the issue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOvc_A2rXOo

Post edited by yimrloki on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    yimrloki wrote: »

I've encountered this on both my KDF characters. The only way around it right now is, unfortunately, to delete and restart the character. I forget the name of it, but there's a certain mission you have to do at lvl.9 or lvl.10 that involves taking your new ship (whether or not you actually have one yet) after a federation vessel in order to determine it's fortune in future battles. You either played during the double xp event, which caused you to level too fast and not trigger the mission, or you accidentally skipped/dropped it. I don't know how or why, but it's completion is tied to whether or not you can get your level 20 Promotion.

While I'm here, I'd also like to bring up a bug I've encountered as well. I bought the Mogh-class Battlecruiser, but the unique terminal weapon it came with doesn't work, or even show up in the ability wheel for that matter. Considering the ship costs actual money, this issue is more than a little annoying.

Some video of the issue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOvc_A2rXOo

I started my KDF character saturday and there isn't double xp event this week... May be when i received the mission, i should had travelled directly to chronos and leave my actual mission "the gates of Gre'thor", but i didn't realized it could be a problem...
    The Promotion Commander mission is still present in my missions list, we cannot drop Promotion mission, but all options are in grey (Hail KDF, Drop, ...)
    I will wait until LV30 to see if i can a Tier 4 ship (i really hope i will get it this time) ...
    It will be useless to start another Klingon character if it is a general problem (LV20 problem on all KDF character), i will just loose my time...

I will add your bug notification about the Mogh-class Battlecruiser to known bug list (Bug list which grow day after day while nothing is done to solve our problems !!!) ...
  • Options
    I started my KDF character saturday and there isn't double xp event this week...

There was a double xp event in recent memory. I'm not sure if it was early this month or later last month, but I know for sure that we had one.

I looked up the mission I was thinking of; it's called Test of Mettle. On my first KDF character, I don't remember if I dropped it, skipped it, or if it just vanished into the ether from my mission journal, but I never did it. When I got to my level 20 promotion mission, I couldn't complete it. I deleted and re-made my KDF character, did the mission that time, and when I finally got to the lvl 20 promotion, it let me do it.

Similar issue with my second KDF character during the double xp event, except I never even received the mission period, probably because I leveled up too fast. I skipped the tutorial and was level 9 right out of the gates. That tells me that maybe you have to have progressed to a certain point before the mission can trigger, because level 9 was about where I was when I received Test of Mettle on my other KDF character.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The bonus experience was between 6th october and 10th october... My kingon is really new, i started it 3 days ago...
    I have done 'Test of Mettle' and got the Tier 2 ship, my problem was at lv20... The next time i receive a Promotion message, i leave what i am doing and go straight to the shipyard...
    Anyway, i will wait until lv30... If i didn't get a new ship, may be i will create another KDF character (or may be forget definitively Klingon faction until they fix it...)...
  • Options
    Hmm. If you did 'Test of Mettle' and the level 20 promotion mission still didn't work then maybe there's something else. Maybe I did that something else on my primary KDF character without realizing it, but in my case ignoring the mission seemed to be the issue. I remade my second KDF character, but haven't started playing them yet. I'll play them up to 20, see if I get the issue again.
  • Options
    I guess the console q&a don't wanna talk to us