test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BAN 31st Century Ships from PvP / War Zones

Comments

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

9, enjoy your magic doing all the work for u (entropic, structural collapse, etc.) that has zero proper counter to use

So...Structural Integrity Collapse has a hard counter.. There are some counters being used against the new temporal stuff..Console and a trait (Ka'rat regular I belive) but KDF and Romulans don't have access to this trait.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @doyouw

Calling someone a troll because of their choice of ship is pretty stupid tbh.

I'm returning you the compliment since I never said it's the ship choice that made them troll... read again or learn how to read and get back later plz ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There is an awful lot of accusations these days on the Forums about learning to read and reading comprehension in general.

Not quite sure what that means about the acusers or the accused.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    There is an awful lot of accusations these days on the Forums about learning to read and reading comprehension in general.

Not quite sure what that means about the acusers or the accused.

Indeed,

this guy called me stupid for something I never said so...

I haven't been on forum for months or maybe 1year but looks like Quark is right : the more things change the more they stay the same!" some people still can't read correctly.

Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    patrickngo wrote: »
    and you missed the point that a subnuke's debuff can be cleared via sci team-aka it has a counter, and since PvP is a TEAM sport, if your TEAM has a healer, your bacon can be saved.
    read again my post

tl;dr: sci-team only clears off (if u left any when dealing constant scispam) the cooldowns, the deleted buffups are all gone and most of them got a good 0,45-1,5-2-4 min cooldowns on their own. dduh. -.-

(and no1 talks about its pve content here, just broken pvp exploits that doesnt have a counter)
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    and you missed the point that a subnuke's debuff can be cleared via sci team-aka it has a counter, and since PvP is a TEAM sport, if your TEAM has a healer, your bacon can be saved.
    read again my post

tl;dr: sci-team only clears off (if u left any when dealing constant scispam) the cooldowns, the deleted buffups are all gone and most of them got a good 0,45-1,5-2-4 min cooldowns on their own. dduh. -.-

(and no1 talks about its pve content here, just broken pvp exploits that doesnt have a counter)

I would agree that loosing all buffs in one time can be anoying but that's one of the main sci ability just like ENG or TAC have their own unique one and, I think, they are quite fair... although looking a bit deeper on cleaning up a subnuke is still possible when you cannot directly counter effect of a APA III or the eng one that buff all lvls when you can clean up most of subnuke effect with either a STeam or simply by using that Doff that will remove any debuff on using any EPTx abilitiy (dont remember which one but got several of them easily on main pvp chars ).

So at the end, any career can clean most of Subnuke effect, which probably make it the less unfair specific ability around.

I dont think it's abilities, ships or stuff that make PVP unfair/unplayable but exploits that lots of pvp players are running just to troll arround mocking others for not knowing about those exploits.
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    PvPer logic, "anything that kills me is an exploit."
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    You can counter APA, and alpha strikes/vapes.
    If you're decloaked, cycle resistance buffs continuously or listen out for cloaked ships buffing. When you hear buffs being stacked and see no enemy ships you are about to be attacked. This is when you start stacking resistance buffs and make sure you're moving as fast as possible and fly in circles so he/she can't get a clear run on any shield facing.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    PvPer logic, "anything that kills me is an exploit."

TROLL LOGIC : "any exploit I can use isn't an exploit". ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • Options
    If you're decloaked, cycle resistance buffs continuously or listen out for cloaked ships buffing. When you hear buffs being stacked and see no enemy ships you are about to be attacked. This is when you start stacking resistance buffs and make sure you're moving as fast as possible and fly in circles so he/she can't get a clear run on any shield facing.

True, exept if your cloacked enemy is buffing at +5km, you wont hear anything at all.
    At the same time vapes aren't being used much anymore especialy with BOPs, so many stuff/trait/ability are reflecting amplified DMG that trying a vape is +50% time a suicide run ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    maybe you guys missed this but we got countless passive immunities now, you cant possibly get vaped or vape any1 now who have a basic knowledge of whats going on

following this like i dont see how you can say subnuke is "annoying" but apa-blabla are stronger. its not. its immuned, its resisted, its placated, its feedbacked, its zahl'd, and ofc its deleted with a single button pressed.

engies are way behind with their limited insta-repair. sadly, "miracle works" at best prolong the inevitable as these exploits just bypass and overshoot its healing ability by far.

unless you go to the zombietank area, which is not limited to actual engi captains but more like guess what, favors sci captains.

right now we got sci spam continously spamming their exo aggro out, without any risk taken and while doing so, they can do that endlessly, and with stupidly high dps thx to it's nature (prtg/exo)
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So tired of all the butt hurt people who get beat by someone or something crying boo hoo I got beat it's not fair. Then they go crying on the forums Please mommy and daddy DEVS whaaa Devs whaaa Nerf or ban whatever the frak kicked thier butt. Please grow up and stop crying like a little baby when you lose. Better yet go see your momnd tell her to change your diaper and give you a fresh bottle. Freaking cry babies. People like then completely destroyed a class that brought balence to the OP Paladin class in WOW because all of a sudden thier walking god was able to be defeated (Keeping it simple here folks I know there were other reasons but that was the biggest one.). They cried Whaaaa it's not fair DK's can kill me Whaaa Whaaa so out came the nerf hammer what a joke Dk's were after that. Then they wonder WTF happened when players left in huge numbers.
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Sarcasm Mode Engaged -

Ban EVERYTHING, all ships entering PvP zones will be fitted with a trebuchet device and everyone can hurl rocks at each other.

Disengage Sarcasm.

Seriously if the human race had acted in this manner throughout history then we would still be poking blunt sticks into holes in the ground hoping that whatever was in the hole didn't have sharp teeth or was able to sting us.

The reason we are not still doing this is the adaptability of our species and this doesn't just apply to real life but to any aspect of our existence. Ok so you got beat? why did you get beat? what can you do to avoid this?

But it can't be countered the indignant masses cry - wrong you may not have a goto ability that can counter this but you can stay out of range, you can alter your method of attack so that you are less likely to get caught by this again, you can possibly work out an alternative strategy where you can expose your opponent to attack. Get creative, don't just rush headlong into the fray all guns blazing. These abilities have cooldown periods, make your opponent use them with minimal damage to you, then strike while s/he can't use techno-wizardry against you. Use abilities which limit their ability to target you etc. etc.

Crying ban or nerf will just alienate a group of players or worse cause something to happen which upsets everyone.
  • Options
    doyouw wrote: »

True, exept if your cloacked enemy is buffing at +5km, you wont hear anything at all.
    At the same time vapes aren't being used much anymore especialy with BOPs, so many stuff/trait/ability are reflecting amplified DMG that trying a vape is +50% time a suicide run ;)

actually, if you turn off the music, you can hear them out to ten K. (Now someone's going to want to take my Klingon card away for revealing that tidbit.)

Discommendation!!!

• Options

doyouw wrote: »

actually, if you turn off the music, you can hear them out to ten K. (Now someone's going to want to take my Klingon card away for revealing that tidbit.)

Discommendation!!!

There are tricks, you know? back when PvP and Ker'rat were alive and active, popping tac-team at ten K could often test how 'aware' the feddie I was stalking was by making him waste a buff or two, then I'd turn around and nail him while it was on cooldown...

I will hold up my hand and admit to being caught out by similar tactics and it highlights the fact that not just in STO but many other games that the general tactic is to rush in blindly. Back in the "old days" I used to play Medal of Honor Spearhead and participated in organised Clan Matches (which is probably the ancestor of PvP) - we had one guy in our group who could get into places where most people ran past without looking, his favourite tactic was to lob a grenade ahead of his position and then pick them of with a sniper rifle as they charged on by.

The fact that these tricks exist show that with some patience and thought we can learn to overcome most situations, we just need to stop hitting the afterburners to go straight to the scene of the accident that awaits. Sadly rather than either ask how to counter things or work them out, the preferred "tactic" for some players is to shout nerf.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Temporally Shielded Datacore...
    I figured that was made to help stabilize some of the PHYS damage/shield bypass stuff that was going on in PvP, in reality it was made for PvE'ers to defend against Na'kuhl attacks.
    :unamused:

Oh well I was still happy to receive it.
    Res Beam Users were really getting on my nerves.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I am a poor as F player and I can hold my own in pvp and have only been playing since 2/15. When I hear FTP players {I am a free to player who has put in about $100} begging it's because they are either too childish to look up a build, ship or equipment to counter said current "woe is me" problem. Of they can't find the exploits that they use in other games. The one thing that most players miss in a PVP match is TACTICS. I have been challenged many times by a wallet warrior and handed them their head just about every time. I did run into a few players that knew what they were doing and got Ganked. And to be too honest it was refreshing to pit myself against a component wealthy player then a incomponent one who thought their money would buy them success on the field. The point is if you are losing to a specific kind of ship try seeing if you have the same issues when facing a different kind of vessel and see if you holdout better. If you don't fare any better the you need to fix your build, not asking the Devs to handicap the game so you don't feel bad about losing. If you don't ever lose how will you ever LEARN to be a better gamer? I use to think that it's the other guy's fault. Then I started to pay attention to HOW and WHY I kept losing. I looked into what I could do to counter my losing streak. If it was gear I looked up gear and asked for help on builds, If it was my class I found ways to keep me alive. The point is if you keep losing to a "class" of ship and are asking for a handicap, then you have rivel who is tormenting you to get you to lose your cool. Do not feed into it. If handing them their head is all you can think about. Then stay away from them. Then train and hone your skills, look for ways to get an edge. And after you have perfected your skills. Try it out with a friend who has the ship you want gone and see how you do. The outcome might surprise you. And remember keep your cool no matter what. There will be a Temporal event ship soon that will be free for all. So hang in there.
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Temporally Shielded Datacore...
    I figured that was made to help stabilize some of the PHYS damage/shield bypass stuff that was going on in PvP, in reality it was made for PvE'ers to defend against Na'kuhl attacks.
    :unamused:

Oh well I was still happy to receive it.
    Res Beam Users were really getting on my nerves.

Really? I just used the command spec clicky (Boost Morale) and fly towards the user.All was good for 4 seconds.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    maybe you guys missed this but we got countless passive immunities now, you cant possibly get vaped or vape any1 now who have a basic knowledge of whats going on

Hahahahahaha! -- Yeah, no. There are some ways to deliver such a massive Alpha strike the passive immunities you site make little difference - yes, there are some abilities now that if you time them right; you might survive 10-15 seconds more than you would have; but Alpha Striking Vaping is still around and VERY effective.

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    I find it to be very discriminating, to only ban 31st C ships.
    If you really want to do this, then ban all other ships aswell.
    Strap on a jetpack, make sure your pistol is loaded, and off you go...
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Pistol? You're only allowed to use melee weapons. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User

Nah... weapons are OP...

giphy.gif
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Oh...
    e30ernest wrote: »

Nah... weapons are OP...
    Ooooh, fistfight, I love that...
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.