Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday - Artifacts

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »
    ^Never happen. That's a secret between Sisko amd Garak. Sisko died and went to wormhole heaven and Garak is very good at keeping secrets.

and DS9's log recording computer.
    Sisko last line :" Computer, erase that entire log"

oh ... TRIBBLE ... I even watched that episode yesterday. FU brain ... uhmm ... well ... ah sod it. I'm going to attack the Klingons for doing something I didn't like during the 2405-2410 War.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Will DirectX 12 work now with new lighting being introduced?
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    "Joys of Exploration"? Over-hyping one mission a little, aren't we?

New content is always welcome, and I'm sure it's fun, but after I replay it the 7th time for all my characters, I doubt the "joy of exploration" is going to hold up.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I for one am looking forward to seeing just how this arc will play out. Now, for those interested, I would direct attention to Lootcritter's overview of what will be available from K-13. I also wonder if this update will also bring upgradeable kits to the table.
  • Options
    gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Federation- Klingon war was forced in the early stages and that mistake should not be repeated.
    The Romulan war, though technically pre TOS, would be far more interesting in my opinion.

That is your opinion. The only mistake was making the Klingon faction sole pvp, which surprised allot of people including myself. It was a good war, and I wouldnt mind if it happened again....

As for the update, seems to be going down the exploration route, but I wont jump the gun just yet until I see what it is all about.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Players will accompany the Lukari on a mission to an alien solar system, where they will discover the joys of shooting things, the dangers of shooting things in space, and begin to destroy things that will have long lasting consequences.

Fixed that for ya. :p

The reason I like this game it you get to fly 'round space in a cool looking spaceship and blow stuff up.

Personally I think we'll be cleaning up the mess left by the Temporal War. It was never a Cold War, there was lots of shooting between the major players.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Given the state of the Lighting system updates on Tribble - I have to say, I'm not looking forward to that portion as I'll need to wear actual Sunglasses to play STO at that point (I'l all for new lighting when it's properly adjusted and implemented but you went overboard and have TOO much ambient light in every single map I've been on. It's also not like a Gamma adjustment will fix this because there's so much ambient light; your Engine reflects that light back up from most floor surfaces to the point a bare floor is a light source itself.

As for the rest (New story arc continuing through in to 2017 - and the new TOS themed Fleet Holding -- YES, please.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Now taking bets on how many episodes before the whole thing devolves into interstellar war and/or the ENTIRE GALAXY is imperiled.

Because heaven forbid we ever be involved in a 'merely' local conflict...
  • Options
    sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I want a 23rd century KDF character, how about a Temporal mission to get the KDF into this expansion?
    The Wild Bunch - The House of Souless

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    Ev'leen Girosh: 6th Trill Host to the Girosh Symbiot. KDF Tactical Commando
    TWB KDF Division XO
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Federation- Klingon war was forced in the early stages and that mistake should not be repeated.

The only forced part of the entire KDF Vs Federation war was the peace, which oddly enough doesn't stop either side from sending Duty Officers off to spy on each others fleet movements, take prisoners, raid armories and ship fitting stations.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    ZEDHX6k.png​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I just hope you can bring us forward to the correct time. I'm tired of the antique ships, gear, and personnel. I prefer the future not the 60's future look. I haven't bothered to play the pc version of the game since this retro launch. I'll stick to console for now until we are going forward.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    hypl wrote: »
    Players will accompany the Lukari on a mission to an alien solar system, where they will discover the joys of shooting things, the dangers of shooting things in space, and begin to destroy things that will have long lasting consequences.

Fixed that for ya. :p

I hope there's a lot of opportunities for shooting and blowing up things. This sounds like a dangerous mission. My favorite!

1393356617_blowup.jpg

Hey didnt you get the memo about AoY yet?
    cbs217_5.jpg
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of grind!!!

edit. wait we are going back to 2017 ? .... what are the chance that some of the feds will become their own great great great grand father ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AvG6q_iTcA

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Mikefl doesn't get it.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    mikefl wrote: »
    I just hope you can bring us forward to the correct time. I'm tired of the antique ships, gear, and personnel. I prefer the future not the 60's future look. I haven't bothered to play the pc version of the game since this retro launch. I'll stick to console for now until we are going forward.

So what your REALLY saying is eventually your going to quit alltogther on both PC and console when cryptic eventually releases AoY on console, SOOOO....can we haz your stuff on PC?, and so to go with your theme of "Going forward" ...,can we haz your stuffz on the console when you eventually quit there to? :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    How about we tell Jarok and D'Tan about how the Romulans entered the Dominion War. and bla bla bla .. FEDS vs KDF vs ROMS
    D'Tan and Jarok probably wouldn't care. Jarok might even make a joke about beating the Tal'Shiar at their own game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    >Artifacts

What, was Relics taken?

...Oh. Right.
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    They're not going to break up the factions (again) for a very simple reason: then they'd have to go back to making more than one set of content.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I didn't know how bad the Forums had degraded until I saw a poster call another poster a 'dyslexic idiot' and no one made a comment.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I didn't know how bad the Forums had degraded until I saw a poster call another poster a 'dyslexic idiot' and no one made a comment.
    I replied indirectly... I thought a more carefully worded response emphasizing the point of my earlier post which he was disagreeing with would be better than repeating his attempted insult word-for-word. *shrug* C'est la vie.
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    ... or we've become more mature, and decided to just not respond to said poster in any way.

Forum debate (or whatever you call it) never resolves anything. Give no attention to those posters and they have nothing to comment on. Let the mods sort it out.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    I can't speak for the rest of the Forumites, but I was avoiding replying to Somtaawkhar's attack on Gawain on the principle that one should not feed the trolls. But if it makes you feel any better, it is truly ironic that in the same post where he accused a gentleman of being a "dyslexic idiot", he misspelled "Tzenkethi" as "Tkzenthi".
    gawainviii wrote: »
    How so? Throughout the franchise's history, we've seen myriads of examples of man-vs-man conflict... While Roddenberry perpetuated the idea of "in the future, man will have evolved beyond interpersonal conflict and war" in the early years of TNG, by 1989, Rick Berman (thankfully) realized that utopian future was very boring, and changed from a plot-driven story to a character-driven, conflict-centric story. That in turn saved TNG from being cancelled during the Writer's Strike, leading to it's later success and the creation of DS9. So, with that in mind, I fail to understand how you see that conflict is contrary to the point of a Trek-themed combat-oriented game.
    I never said conflict was contrary to the point of Trek you dyslexic idiot. I said the breaking up of the alliance is.

We still have plenty of badguys to shoot at. Talarians, Tkzenthi, The Breen, Tholians, The Dominion, the Hur'q, T'Ket and her Iconians, and whatever random other Star Trek stuff Cryptic can pull out of their asses like the T'kon or something.

Quoted for proof, emphasis mine.

Bazinga.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I'm an sort of really pleased by the idea of getting my own Nomad drone to follow me around. :P
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Check that poster's history. It's basically, "You dare to disagree with my immaculate rebuttal? I must now restate it with ad hominems, because that's how you win an argument in the age of cable news and internet comments."
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    it is truly ironic that in the same post where he accused a gentleman of being a "dyslexic idiot", he misspelled "Tzenkethi" as "Tkzenthi".
    The true irony is that, in your attempt to throw my insult back at me, you proved yourself lacking in knowledge of what dyslexia is, which is an inability to read, not an inability to spell an alien race's name correctly off the top of your head.
    Dyslexia is not an inability to read. It's an inability to remember proper letter orders.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Dyslexia is not an inability to read. It's an inability to remember proper letter orders.
    What we see in the quoted post is the failings of the modern education system.

Regardless of its scientific accuracy, the point is valid. Given the fact that Gawain hasn't made a single typo in that entire post, it is highly unlikely (but not impossible; while dyslexics often also have trouble spelling, dyslexia is primarily a reading-related issue like you said) that he is dyslexic.

More importantly, there are ways of pointing out a misunderstanding without resorting to ad hominem attacks, especially those of a sort whose accuracy is as dubious as yours. You have failed to attempt such methods, which reduces the chances that anyone will take your actual argument seriously. (Speaking of which, I agree with it - breaking the alliance up would seem to go against the more 'enlightened' aspects of Star Trek, not to mention the part where it doesn't make all that much sense in the context of existing official and ingame canon alike.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    The true irony is that, in your attempt to throw my insult back at me, you proved yourself lacking in knowledge of what dyslexia is, which is an inability to read, not an inability to spell an alien race's name correctly off the top of your head.

Not your fault - the forum software doesn't manage quote attribution well, but I'll just mention I didn't say that.

Anyone who writes a lot for a living knows they live in a glass house when it comes to throwing "Ooo, you made a typo" stones :).