test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday - Artifacts

Comments

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    So can we expect this content to only be for AoY characters again? More content for all or don't add it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Dyslexia is not an inability to read. It's an inability to remember proper letter orders.
    What we see in the quoted post is the failings of the modern education system.
    Regardless of its scientific accuracy, the point is valid. Given the fact that Gawain hasn't made a single typo in that entire post, it is highly unlikely (but not impossible; while dyslexics often also have trouble spelling, dyslexia is primarily a reading-related issue like you said) that he is dyslexic.
    My point was that dyslexia is a specific form of reading disability and not a general inability to read... which is what he claimed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Dyslexia is not an inability to read. It's an inability to remember proper letter orders.
    What we see in the quoted post is the failings of the modern education system.
    Regardless of its scientific accuracy, the point is valid. Given the fact that Gawain hasn't made a single typo in that entire post, it is highly unlikely (but not impossible; while dyslexics often also have trouble spelling, dyslexia is primarily a reading-related issue like you said) that he is dyslexic.
    My point was that dyslexia is a specific form of reading disability and not a general inability to read... which is what he claimed.

Ah, my mistake. :neutral:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Why are posters on the forums diagnosing people now? What qualifications do they have to make that assessment? Just like the internet lawyers, none. I am surprised we didn't get a few autism jokes while we are at it. Seems to be the most popular trend for people that are clueless.

<Reminds self this is the internet> NM. I am just here to keep updated of any upcoming events.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I'm going to be happy there's FINALLY going to be a new Storyline Mission after how long of waiting? I hope this storyline mission involves a Lukari Ship in the end. XP
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • quantumquantonum#7698 quantumquantonum Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Can't wait to hear that absolutely stunning voice acting in the new episode! And find all the issues with animations, movement, and more!

Which new species will we have to fight now? Is it from Ent, tos, TNG, voy, ds9, or JJA (Bram's)? Maybe it will be a species from one small episode, in a TV series, like the voth, vaadwaur, and countless other species in STO, instead of species that showed up many times, like the suliban. Or maybe it's make believe?

Oh, and this will probably go back to season 11 (new dawn)'s storyline instead of AoY
    andycman wrote: »
    Oh, and this will probably go back to season 11 (new dawn)'s storyline instead of AoY
    That seems like a given since they mentioned that it involves Lukari.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The alliance is here to stay. Cryptic is moving away from seperate faction content and theres nothing anyone can do to change their minds. Not to mention the future has been revealed to contain the alliance in some form all the way into the 31st century.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

Yes, and to me, that was the one disappointing thing about the announcement. Bloody New Dawn Lukari, instead of a TOS-themed mission for the second half of the AoY season.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

Yes, and to me, that was the one disappointing thing about the announcement. Bloody New Dawn Lukari, instead of a TOS-themed mission for the second half of the AoY season.

They are adding more tos fed only missions, later on. Don't worry about it, but I assume they are going to give the Lukari a major role to play in the future alliance.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    The alliance is here to stay. Cryptic is moving away from seperate faction content and theres nothing anyone can do to change their minds. Not to mention the future has been revealed to contain the alliance in some form all the way into the 31st century.

If someone from the future, came to the past, to tell you about a future problem, the future has already changed.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    nvm I found the answer by myself, ignore this post.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Duly ignored. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Since some things are playing off what the consoles already have, will we be able to upgrade our kit frames and modules? That's as long as the non-upgradeable sets and special weapons bug doesn't come along with that.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,249 Arc User
    The mission continues for Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday!

On October 25 captains will have access to Agents of Yesterday – Artifacts!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

<3<3 xx infinity happiness^-^
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Any word on the turning bug fix & progression tab reinstatement? [Console]

They are terrible at informing their communities.
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    Any word on the turning bug fix & progression tab reinstatement? [Console]

They are terrible at informing their communities.

Actually, they usually inform through the release notes...
  • greedbecomesyou#7172 greedbecomesyou Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I should rephrase that, they are terrible at communicating with their communities.

A feW bugs don't bother me as long as a projected repair window (doesn't even have to be concrete) is declared. However, a game killing error accompanied with silence only seems to tell me "Yeah, we know it is broken - well get to it eventually. Now, shut up and buy keys".

Do enjoy this game, but not looking for another Bungie experience
    I should rephrase that, they are terrible at communicating with their communities.

A feW bugs don't bother me as long as a projected repair window (doesn't even have to be concrete) is declared. However, a game killing error accompanied with silence only seems to tell me "Yeah, we know it is broken - well get to it eventually. Now, shut up and buy keys".

Do enjoy this game, but not looking for another Bungie experience
    Not sure if you are aware, but that's how most games in general are handeled.

Its almost universally considered pointless to talk to the "fanbase" barbecue the "fanbase" that is easily reachable is almost completely made up of whiners.
    barbecue? silly autocorrect. But yeah, saying "we know about it and we're working on it" generally leads to angry rants about how they're taking too long to fix it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • I'm aware developers handle their communities in such a manner which is why the spirit of gaming has declined over the years. Permissive reactions of folk have allowed for the sale of broken and incomplete products.

To say that the developers are in control, and have that be the status quo seems flawed.

I.e if players want a progression tab, then there should be a progression tab.

I am glad that they worked on the repairs and even seemed to implement this 'Steamrunner Bundle' to satiate Sony and Microsoft to permit them a patch/update window to repair the errors of their prior update.
    I hope this one goes along seamlessly so we aren't seeing a pattern.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Looking forward to the expansion and hoping there are lots of new missions in it. And maybe a customizable Lukari BOFF or DOFFs.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'm still trying to find a reason to like this but the gagh died like a few years ago now so its not even garbage scow worthy.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I'm aware developers handle their communities in such a manner which is why the spirit of gaming has declined over the years. Permissive reactions of folk have allowed for the sale of broken and incomplete products.
    Actually, the STO devs at one time were very engaged in the community. They appeared on external podcasts, engaged on the forums, etc. Then they got burned by some unethical "fans", badly enough the parent company told them to stop.

It's a pretty common pattern.

• admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Players will accompany the Lukari on a mission to an alien solar system, where they will discover the joys of shooting things, the dangers of shooting things in space, and begin to destroy things that will have long lasting consequences.

Fixed that for ya. :p

Truth detected on sensors Captain ...

Qapla! Live Long and Prosper. Remember the I.D.I.C.