• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    Deferi, please... Deferi..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Humans
    Those that answered Borg, this is NOT a species.

As for those that say, genocide is wrong, no way around it, and those that believe it can be a good thing, well, here's an idiotic fact: all is prone to interpretation.
    What is wrong to YOU does not have to be wrong to ME.
    All, in the end, is in the eye of the beholder.

Gnaw a few hours on that. ;)
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Ferengi
    Ferengi off course, they contribute nothing to the galaxy.
    kiksken wrote: »
    they accept basically everyone

Except Kazon lol
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    Kill 'em all. Let Gene sort 'em out.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Other (explain)
    Spoonheads! err Cardassians
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    coolbatman wrote: »
    i'm just glad that i haven't watched much tv in the last 8 yrs,i've broken the chains that the idiot box had on me for such a long time.......

I like how you think, Batman.
    fDgPwI5.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    @smokebailey the chick in your pic is hot, did you do her yourself?
  • Options
    bjornborgiabjornborgia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Bajorans
    None.

This is StarTrek.....you know, peace, good will, that good stuff. This is not **** Germany or Zionism, yo. :(

Sorry, one has to go on this poll. Bye bye Bajor!
    l0HlK6uahbCkw285W.gif
    Hab SoSlI' Quch!
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    lordgyor wrote: »
    @smokebailey the chick in your pic is hot, did you do her yourself?

She's Cassy, my main toon.
    uURCamI.jpg

YwbZJwo.jpg

She's a sorta an idealized version of myself. Or think this way....Cassy is catwoman and I'm Selena Kyle, or Cassy being She-Ra and myself being Adora, if that makes any sense.

I do all my own 3D art pictures.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,626 Arc User
    Makers of stupid polls
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    The Borg, trust me it's ending a fate worse than death.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
      Humans
      Bajorans... I'm indifferent about them, never liked them but never hated them either.

Ferengi are unlikeable all around, but that's what makes them likeable. Also, they provide me with illicit goods.

Talaxians arent even in this quadrant, so I'll refrain from voting for them. I dont really care either way.

Romulans depends on which ones you're going with. I dont like the empire/sela/tal shiar all that much, but I dont mind the republic.

Klingons are an intriguing culture to me, so I'd keep them around.

Honestly though, humans... based on my real life experiences, are terrible creatures. I'm gonna go with humans.
    • Options
      cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
      Other (explain)
      FREE TWO PLAYERS
      Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
      95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    • Options
      ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
      Bajorans
      I'm glad you've all been enjoying my poll. Next week I'm thinking of going with either "Which Star Trek actress is hotter?" or "Does Shatner wear a toupee? Yes or no". I can't decide which to go with, maybe I should make a poll to decide.
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      Bajorans
      Dukat was right.
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,543 Arc User
      ioneon wrote: »
      I'm glad you've all been enjoying my poll. Next week I'm thinking of going with either "Which Star Trek actress is hotter?" or "Does Shatner wear a toupee? Yes or no". I can't decide which to go with, maybe I should make a poll to decide.

That one's pointless even for trolling. Anyone who answers "no" is quite gullible. So much so that they probably don't even realize that Wikipedia has no entry for "gullibility."
    • Options
      nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
      azrael605 wrote: »
      Even leaving that aside there has never been a "good" instance of genocide in any world's history.

Really? because I don't miss the Neanderthals. And there's plenty of places that are happy to have all but wiped out tigers.

Oh, they're not human... yeah, that's usually the first step in prepping for a little friendly extinction.

Humans routinely obliterate the 'other' and its a lynchpin in our rising to be the dominant species on this planet.
    • Options
      Given a choice between stepping back and letting ~20 of them die or watching more than twenty planets get scoured of all life, my moral calculus is surprisingly comfortable with allowing the Iconians to be wiped out. Though, without the idiot ball being rammed in between my teeth that wouldn't have been a problem... given that I'd have summarily executed Sela ages ago before she could have her little meltdown on Iconia
    • Options
      edited September 2016
      And before people get too high and mighty on 'genocide is wrong', consider how incredibly arbitrarily the term is being used. For most, if "THEY" are enough like us that we care, if they're CUTE enough, we care. But every day you take a shower you deliberately and willfully exterminate entire ecologies with millions of individual members. And I'm sure a few people here have arranged to fumigate a house to wipe out whole colonies of insects or even mammals (rodents)! Because hey, there's nothing chauvinistic about telling yourself "I'm sapient, so sapience is a handy cut-off point for when it's ok or not ok to indulge in mass extinction FOR CONVIENINCE."

Seriously. Get over yourself. We, as a species KILL. In vast quantities. And it's only a bit of genetic programming, of kin-selection, that gives you the slightest qualms about when it happens to somebody far, far away you've carefully schooled yourself to think "is not like me, so they're not important".
    • Options
      edited September 2016
      Your comfortable life typing on a keyboard is built on the bones of Neanderthals.

Enjoy your next shower and may your home never have termites!
    • Options
      redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
      nikeix wrote: »
      Your comfortable life typing on a keyboard is built on the bones of Neanderthals.

Enjoy your next shower and may your home never have termites!
      I don't even understand the point of your post.

Horrible, terrible things should be stopped. Perpetuating them simply because "that is how it has always been", is wrong. The world we live in would be a lot worse if that was the prevailing philosophy. As for your "think of the poor microbes" comment, insects and microbes are not capable of having a discussion. In many cases, they are harmful to us or to our shelters. Since we can't come to a mutual agreement, it becomes an "us or them" mentality. A situation that is often seen as a last resort, just like in Star Trek.

If communication was an option, a lot more people would take it, either from a moral standpoint or from a "less hassle" standpoint.
    • Options
      starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      kiksken wrote: »
      Those that answered Borg, this is NOT a species.

Gnaw a few hours on that. ;)

Someone from a specific species had to create the Borg virus and infect their species or an enemies' species with it to create the Borg. Then there is the process of assimilation which introduces biological ... distinctiveness from alien races into the Borg which seems very similar to reproduction. The Borg are not a natural species, but they are certainly an artificial species.
    • Options
      kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
      Other (explain)
      Mass murder is not a way to go it is wrong.