Bajorans
    ltminns wrote: »
    No one.

Well maybe Termites,

I didn't lead you there, lol.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Bajorans
    YESSS YESS!!! We Will Make The Galaxy GREAT!!! AGAIN!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Bajorans
    Because more is, by definition, better.

There is one exception to this, and it can be solved for the low, low cost of a several kilograms of antimatter.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Bajorans
    Yepp, more suited here.
    /Moved

On topic. Bajorans. Go figure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    don't even understand the point of your post.

Horrible, terrible things should be stopped.

The problem, and likely the point you missed is your definition of "horrible" is 100% egocentric. It's reflexive.

You --personally-- have slaughtered BILLIONS of living creatures in the course of you life, and you don't care because they're not enough like you to trigger an extraordinarily primitive mechanism of kin selection. The reason any of the races offered on the list even remotely qualifies for the term genocide -at all- is because they're so close to being "people" that they're tripping a defense mechanism built into you that's served our species pretty well - but is still worth understanding and not just slavishly obeying.
    In many cases, they are harmful to us or to our shelters.

Not fractionally as harmful as rival tribes of other humans... If its a valid tool for resolving a threat, its a valid tool. Even when the other side looks like us.

Be glad you'll likely never actually be faced with the choice, because if it comes down to watching a parent, sibling, or your child writhe in pain-unto-death or permitting the deaths of 50,000 people you'll never see, guess what? Kin selection works like that. And the same thing that causes the notion of revulsion at genocide is -- under sufficiently distressing circumstances -- exactly what causes it most days: the selection of best outcomes for near kin over distant kin.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    no, he hasn't slaughtered billions of living creatures and nor has anyone else, because computer data is not life​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Humans
    Humanity, cuz we're the crazy genocidal nuts actually discussing which species to exterminate.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    no, he hasn't slaughtered billions of living creatures and nor has anyone else, because computer data is not life​​

You kill millions with every shower you take. I'm doing most people the courtesy of assuming they've showered 1,000 times in the course of their lives :). And when you say "they're just bactieria", say it with the same tone of voice we ALWAYS use when dismissing somebody as subhuman before we wage war on them - the whole collection or slurs and epithets this board is set to filter out. Not quite enough like us to set off kin-selection, but living all the same.

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    bacterium is not what i would refer to as 'life' either...they may be alive, but it's still not life​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    We said almost the exact same thing about the Japanese at one point. Dehumanizing humans is a very straight forward prep for withdrawing empathy. And it worked so well we thought it'd be a great idea to stick American citizens in concentration camps.
  • Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Humans
    bacterium is not what i would refer to as 'life' either...they may be alive, but it's still not life

I think the word you're looking for is called "sentience".​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    Anyone who thinks the Bajorans were religious fanatics doesn't understand the meaning of the term. Bloody Mary was a religious fanatic. Oliver Cromwell was a religious fanatic. Vedek Bareil was a spiritualist. A fanatic tries to convert others to their faith and persecuted anyone who doesn't conform. On no occasion did the Bajorans act so militantly with regards to their faith. Being devout does not equal being fanatical. Aside from that, outside the Bajoran Prylars/Vedeks, etc, very few Bajorans we see on screen are even particularly devout. Hell, Ro Laren openly admitted to doubting the existence of the Prophets! Kira's biggest show of faith was praying at a shrine in her quarters, which is akin to a Christian praying to God before bed! And the Bajoran phrases such as 'By the Prophets!' Are no more a sign of religious fanaticism than an Englishman shouting 'Jesus Christ!'.

And because I just know someone's going to bring up Winn: Winn was about as religious as Henry VIII, I.e. Not very. She was an opportunistic and corrupt individual using her position in the 'clergy' to gain political power and bending the prophecies to suit her own purposes. She deliberately interfered with a prophecy which would have bought 'ever-lasting peace' to Bajor purely for her own benefit. Not the act of a pious individual, and certainly not the act of a fanatic.
  • Options
    kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    questerius wrote: »
    Are zombies a race? (Kind of surprised that the kobali were not included)

Zombies are already dead killing them again would not hurt morals your just doing them a favor in putting them back in there graves to rest in peace proper like the ones in walking dead.. However I do not know what to think about Kobali they don't seem to be zombie like wanting your flesh to eat.

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Other (explain)
    I would exterminate stupid polls.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,398 Arc User
    You cannot "commit genocide" on bacteria. Genocide is a concerted effort to wipe out an entire species, and I can guarantee you that the number of bacteria killed when you shower (which, unless you shower with carbolic acid, isn't nearly so high as you seem to think) isn't even a blip in the total population.

TRIBBLE, we took generations, and the cooperation of every government on Earth, to eradicate the smallpox virus! We were on track to follow course with measles, until some folks decided vaccines were evil.

I agree with Starsword on this one.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the Bajorans were religious fanatics doesn't understand the meaning of the term. Bloody Mary was a religious fanatic. Oliver Cromwell was a religious fanatic. Vedek Bareil was a spiritualist. A fanatic tries to convert others to their faith and persecuted anyone who doesn't conform. On no occasion did the Bajorans act so militantly with regards to their faith. Being devout does not equal being fanatical. Aside from that, outside the Bajoran Prylars/Vedeks, etc, very few Bajorans we see on screen are even particularly devout. Hell, Ro Laren openly admitted to doubting the existence of the Prophets! Kira's biggest show of faith was praying at a shrine in her quarters, which is akin to a Christian praying to God before bed! And the Bajoran phrases such as 'By the Prophets!' Are no more a sign of religious fanaticism than an Englishman shouting 'Jesus Christ!'.

And because I just know someone's going to bring up Winn: Winn was about as religious as Henry VIII, I.e. Not very. She was an opportunistic and corrupt individual using her position in the 'clergy' to gain political power and bending the prophecies to suit her own purposes. She deliberately interfered with a prophecy which would have bought 'ever-lasting peace' to Bajor purely for her own benefit. Not the act of a pious individual, and certainly not the act of a fanatic.

Just look at the Vatican or the Saudi royal family. The further up the totem pole you get in a religion the less religious the leaders become as they use the religion for its most basic purpose of tribal population control and enforcment of their culture. Oh and politics obviously, that and money are the real driving forces behind the old man in silly hats at the top of every religion nowadays as sovereign borders have rendered tribalism obsolete.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,398 Arc User
    Oh, no, you can only blame dodos on humans in an indirect fashion. It was mostly cats and rats that killed off dodos. (Cats ate the chicks; rats ate the eggs. Humans just provided transportation, and in the case of the rats it wasn't even intentional.)

As for smallpox, that was a case of self-defense. The disease killed humans, and didn't show any sign of ever becoming either harmless or commensal, so it had to go. (Again, as Hobbes observed, it's hard to co-exist with things that want to kill you.)​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,762 Arc User
    I can't just stop at one species. Once I get going, the blood lust just takes over.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Klingons
    jonsills wrote: »
    Oh, no, you can only blame dodos on humans in an indirect fashion. It was mostly cats and rats that killed off dodos. (Cats ate the chicks; rats ate the eggs. Humans just provided transportation, and in the case of the rats it wasn't even intentional.)
    Yeah, but, much like the Steven's Island Wren, humans had drastically reduced the population before that happened.

While people like to blame the wren on a SINGLE cat... There was actually a breeding population of cats on the island. Also humans had hunted them extensively as a "novelty".... I don't entirely understand why such small birds would command a high enough price to be worth sailing to the island in wooden ships to hunt them, but... yeah.

Also, you forgot about the wild pigs. Part of why Dodos went extinct was that people intentionally introduced wild pigs to the island to be used as a human food source. These directly competed with the Dodos and sometimes ate them...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg