test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Help on the Console version(Post your problems, maybe we can solve them.)

capricantoastercapricantoaster Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited September 2016 in The Academy
I've mostly figured out everything I was confused on, except for...How do you change the enemy you're targeting while in space combat. The game seems to just randomly choose which target to attack if there's a group of them, no matter which one I actually "Right Trigger Click" on. Any help?
Post edited by capricantoaster on

Comments

• Options
    thehitman78thehitman78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got a new tier 2 ship with a promotion and when I outfitted it I noticed my ship powers for my 3 officers were not available anymore and are blank. (The shield boost, the shield attack and the torpedo bonus damage ability)The consoles are equipped. I went from a light cruiser to a cruiser. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,529 Arc User
    I got a new tier 2 ship with a promotion and when I outfitted it I noticed my ship powers for my 3 officers were not available anymore and are blank. (The shield boost, the shield attack and the torpedo bonus damage ability)The consoles are equipped. I went from a light cruiser to a cruiser. Am I missing something?

Different ships have different bridge officer seating and different levels (1 - 4 powers). When you move to a new ship you must choose which bridge officers will fill each seat.

Also, don't forget to promote bridge officers when you are promoted, and you can go to Earth Spacedock (just below Admiral Quinn) or the First City barracks to buy training manuals to teach your bridge officers new skills.

• Options
    Okay I figured out my problem, to change targets while in space combat, click on a new target with the right stick.

As for this, it sounds like you just need to assign your bridge officers to their positions on the ship, you do this in the start menu under skills>crew stations>starship stations(space). You'll have to do this every time you switch ships.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    OK, I've got two questions:

In assigning bridge officers to the standard away team, is there any way to remove an officer from a slot and leave it empty (i.e. generic "security officer") once someone's been assigned? I'd just like to control which officers get displayed on the character select screen.

During the tutorial, you pick up a kit module. I was able to equip the module, but can't figure out how to bind it to a button to use it. Am I correct in assuming that you actually need a kit frame equipped to use a module? Didn't get one from the tutorial, and haven't picked one up yet in normal play.

I'm beginning to think of the XB1/PS4 versions as the "console timeline"... ;)
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    bberge1701 wrote: »

In assigning bridge officers to the standard away team, is there any way to remove an officer from a slot and leave it empty (i.e. generic "security officer") once someone's been assigned? I'd just like to control which officers get displayed on the character select screen.

During the tutorial, you pick up a kit module. I was able to equip the module, but can't figure out how to bind it to a button to use it. Am I correct in assuming that you actually need a kit frame equipped to use a module? Didn't get one from the tutorial, and haven't picked one up yet in normal play.

Ya its weird, I think they separated Kit Frames and modules so you dont need to equip a frame to use modules (which is odd.) To use a module after you equip it you need to hold RB/R1 I think? It'll be whatever button it assigned to Hypos. If its not, then just try holding down every button one at a time until a radial menu appears :P
    bberge1701 wrote: »

You can change your standard away team in the start menu, I don't know if you can have an empty slot.

I don't think you need a frame to use a module, I'm pretty sure I used one without a frame. It was then under the LeftBumper for me(L1 on Playstation). It should be the same slot as the hypos.
  • Options
    lexifer452lexifer452 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hey guys. Correct me if I am wrong but this seemed the best place to post a question/problem that I am having.

Started playing on console without ever playing PC so forgive me also if this seems obvious or well you know. I may be confusing crew stations and bridge officers but I will explain further.

I started my first character, a romulan, and have progressed through story missions up to gaining access to new romulan command after getting promoted to centurion. Upon completing the promotion mission I received a new officer candidate, a saurian science off., but had no free slots so was unable to commission him (her?). Wanting to use this officer I decided to risk a mistake and discharged one of my current science officers, since I had two, to make room. Also, I received a new ship, a dhelan-class warbird, which has an extra science station compared to my previous t'liss-class starter ship. Now comes the issue I've been unable to work through.

Before deleting the science officer my bridge officer slots were full. I had all the boffs I received from story missions up to that point. It will not let me commission this new Saurian science officer despite having specifically deleting one to make room. It keeps telling me I have no free bridge off slots. Am I wrong or should I have one slot left after discharging an officer? At first it kept telling me I was trying to commission it onto the new shuttle I got, the free one, but I realized I had the small craft activated instead of my main ship. I went back to the new Romulus command shuttlebay and rectified this but it still won't let me add another officer. I have one open science slot on my bridge at the moment that I would really rather not leave empty so if anyone can enlighten me with regard to fixing that please help. Feel like I deleted a boff for no reason at all and do not want to simply turn this new one into a manual. (Though from what I've read, the ability viral matrix [I think that's what its called] might be worth it if it ends up I can't fix this.)

Could deleting the shuttle fix this mess? Is this a bug/glitch or am I misinterpreting something? Please help.

Also apologies, once again, for the lengthy post and thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

On a side note I am absolutely loving this game so far, despite the sometimes awkward and frustrating way that it is not always clear what I should do or where I should go next during missions and the mind of choppy feel to ground combat. That said its way addictive. Really love how they continued the story from where it left off (after hobus supernova) before the new movies went to the time travel storyline with alternate Kirk and company. Also impressed how they found a way to incorporate all the "new" species from the delta and gamma quadrants in a fairly believable, if somewhat fantastical/outrageous manner. Species 8472, Hirogen, Dominion remnants, etc. Love it. Well done devs.
  • Options
    brokenboltszbrokenboltsz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Glad I found this thread. My question is I have hit level 27 and per the info I should have duty officers. However I see no option to use them or set them on tasks. Any help would be great. Thanks
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Glad I found this thread. My question is I have hit level 27 and per the info I should have duty officers. However I see no option to use them or set them on tasks. Any help would be great. Thanks

consoles do not have doffing yet. at all. kinda weirds me out.

lexifer452 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Correct me if I am wrong but this seemed the best place to post a question/problem that I am having.

Started playing on console without ever playing PC so forgive me also if this seems obvious or well you know. I may be confusing crew stations and bridge officers but I will explain further.

I started my first character, a romulan, and have progressed through story missions up to gaining access to new romulan command after getting promoted to centurion. Upon completing the promotion mission I received a new officer candidate, a saurian science off., but had no free slots so was unable to commission him (her?). Wanting to use this officer I decided to risk a mistake and discharged one of my current science officers, since I had two, to make room. Also, I received a new ship, a dhelan-class warbird, which has an extra science station compared to my previous t'liss-class starter ship. Now comes the issue I've been unable to work through.

Before deleting the science officer my bridge officer slots were full. I had all the boffs I received from story missions up to that point. It will not let me commission this new Saurian science officer despite having specifically deleting one to make room. It keeps telling me I have no free bridge off slots. Am I wrong or should I have one slot left after discharging an officer? At first it kept telling me I was trying to commission it onto the new shuttle I got, the free one, but I realized I had the small craft activated instead of my main ship. I went back to the new Romulus command shuttlebay and rectified this but it still won't let me add another officer. I have one open science slot on my bridge at the moment that I would really rather not leave empty so if anyone can enlighten me with regard to fixing that please help. Feel like I deleted a boff for no reason at all and do not want to simply turn this new one into a manual. (Though from what I've read, the ability viral matrix [I think that's what its called] might be worth it if it ends up I can't fix this.)

Could deleting the shuttle fix this mess? Is this a bug/glitch or am I misinterpreting something? Please help.

Also apologies, once again, for the lengthy post and thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

On a side note I am absolutely loving this game so far, despite the sometimes awkward and frustrating way that it is not always clear what I should do or where I should go next during missions and the mind of choppy feel to ground combat. That said its way addictive. Really love how they continued the story from where it left off (after hobus supernova) before the new movies went to the time travel storyline with alternate Kirk and company. Also impressed how they found a way to incorporate all the "new" species from the delta and gamma quadrants in a fairly believable, if somewhat fantastical/outrageous manner. Species 8472, Hirogen, Dominion remnants, etc. Love it. Well done devs.

I assume since you said got it from a promotion mission your a fed aligned, if not thats why. try commissioning a romulan if you can.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    Yes federation allied. I actually just received another SCI officer, a romulan this time but still no joy. Really starting to bug me. Think it might be a glitch of some kind. Doesn't make sense to me why it won't work.
  • Options
    Thx for clearing up that duty off business also. I was wondering why I couldn't find it anywhere as well.
  • Options
    gamereaper621gamereaper621 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey i have a question, does anyone know wrre to find the fleet holdings and starbase on the xbox one because i cant find them anywere
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the "Console Lifetime Subscription" includes the 500 zen monthly stipend, like the PC version does?
  • Options
    inseditnexinseditnex Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    What should I spend skill points on? I am playing a Science officer. So should I only buy the science skills or should I get some of the tactical and engineering skills for my captain too.. Thanks..
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Hey i have a question, does anyone know wrre to find the fleet holdings and starbase on the xbox one because i cant find them anywere

Not yet. Pretty much any of the systems that have a special UI associated with them are not in yet. (Don't know about reputations.) But they are supposed to come.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    inseditnex wrote: »
    What should I spend skill points on? I am playing a Science officer. So should I only buy the science skills or should I get some of the tactical and engineering skills for my captain too.. Thanks..

some of all three, actually I tend to use pretty evenly spead skills. a few, in my mind, key not sci skills are:

Projectile Weapon Training
    Energy Weapon Training
    Hull Plating
    Weapon Amplification
    Weapon Specialization
    Shield Weakening
    Warp Core Potential
    Coordination Protocols

if you want more details on what to pick I'ld head down to the build section of the forum and see what people are using and why.

lexifer452 wrote: »
    Yes federation allied. I actually just received another SCI officer, a romulan this time but still no joy. Really starting to bug me. Think it might be a glitch of some kind. Doesn't make sense to me why it won't work.

yep, you found a bug, you could try getting rid of the shuttle. you can buy a new one with ec if you need one. oh make sure to report it. personally I'ld say make a fed or kdf character to play with while you get this sorted out, if for no other reason then if you have to delte your rom and start a new one you don't have to redo but so much.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    kedrinrahokedrinraho Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I posted this in another thread.
    Console Targeting controls:

The consoles have two targeting modes, camera lock and regular.

In space combat:

Move the camera so that the targeting reticle is over the ship / torpedo / object you wish to target and click in the right thumb stick.
    This targets the object under the reticle and locks the camera on to it so that the camera follows that target.
    This is the only way to target friendlies for assist powers that i've found so far.

You can now fling the camera controls to switch between targets in the area. It can be confusing at first.

Click the thumb stick again and you will unlock the camera but remain locked on the target but regain full camera controls.

Alternatly you can just fire any weapon and it will attempt to "smart" target the nearest enemy.

On the ground:

Hold the left 2 trigger to target what's currently under your reticle.
    While you are holding the L2 trigger you can use the camera controls to flick between targets.
    It can be VERY disorienting.
  • Options
    lord8beerus#8453 lord8beerus Member Posts: 1 New User
    can anyone help me how to equip weapons on xb1 version?
  • Options
    can anyone help me how to equip weapons on xb1 version?

press start, go to crew & ship. than inventory. choose the weapon, choose than choose the slot you wish to use.

or go to the slot you wish to use it in, click it. it should bring up the weapons you can use. pick the weapon.

• Options
    felix313felix313 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I just got a Graviton Pulse Generator console, how do I trigger it after it's equipped?
  • Options
    felix313 wrote: »
    I just got a Graviton Pulse Generator console, how do I trigger it after it's equipped?

should be under LB/L1, hold so it the ring comes up. if not check LT/L2.

• Options
    whitestripeswhitestripes Member Posts: 1 New User
    Where is the crew deck on Xbox one? I've been told I have a trophy for it and I can't find it.
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    I think there is no crew deck
  • Options
    bluagentbluagent Member Posts: 1 New User
    Got to Tour of Duty - Promotion - Centurion. I am told to go to the shuttlebay and select a small craft to take to New Romulus to complete. I have no shuttlebay. There are no small craft. I am a sad tribble.
  • Options
    cceleste821cceleste821 Member Posts: 1 New User
    can we get our own xbox forum? I am really confused would like to know of some xbox tutorial www.twitch.tv/celeste821/v/88635947
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the "Console Lifetime Subscription" includes the 500 zen monthly stipend, like the PC version does?

Also, does anyone know how to disable visual effects on ships?
  • Options

Also, does anyone know how to disable visual effects on ships?

itdoes not from what I've heard.

from equipped items? there is a little eye button on pc, but there doesn't seem to be a way on consoles. but you can use the visual slot to switch to something you prefer. the Reman Prototype Covariant Shield is a mission reward and well liked.

from actives you can't.

• Options
    onenineonenine Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've mostly figured out everything I was confused on, except for...How do you change the enemy you're targeting while in space combat. The game seems to just randomly choose which target to attack if there's a group of them, no matter which one I actually "Right Trigger Click" on. Any help?

Point the cursor at the target the press R3
  • Options
    > @bluagent said:
    > Got to Tour of Duty - Promotion - Centurion. I am told to go to the shuttlebay and select a small craft to take to New Romulus to complete. I have no shuttlebay. There are no small craft. I am a sad tribble.

Took me awhile to figure this out as well. You need to go to new Romulus command center. I Asus
    Me your playing a romulan from the rank. If you can't go there yet then you likely have another main story quest active. Go do that first. Upon completion you should be able to travel to new Romulus command successfully. Once there and you've beamed down, you go forward a bit then you turn right and enter the turbolift. Hold a to go to shittlebay. It was weird for me I got no on screen prompt at all in the lift so I sat there for good 2 or 3 min like an idiot until I realized I was in fact in a turbolift.

Hope this helps. I'm still pretty new myself, only at subcommander 23 so far, so if anyone can explain this better please do. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    felix313felix313 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    felix313 wrote: »

should be under LB/L1, hold so it the ring comes up. if not check LT/L2.

Tried that, still can't find how to activate the console ;)