What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Cryptic?

124»

Comments

• treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    OK, why is this rant thread still open?

Obviously, because it has struck a nerve.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    You got a thing for free. And you're calling this "extortion".

WORDS HAVE MEANINGS. That's not what "extortion" MEANS.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    OK, why is this rant thread still open?

@pwlaughingtrendy @jodarkrider @askray

because us morons keep posting. die, thread! Die!
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    All those people who understand how Cryptic (or Blizzard, or EA, or...) drops the ball in advance should really go out and advertise themselves on the job market. Those companies are on the lookout for highly qualified analysts who do understand the different psychological and economical issues to make the most money. Except they're all completely broke because they dropped the ball so often.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    This guy's just trying to cause a riot. The TOS Bundle was thematically the only choice that made sense, and this guy's ranting about a Promo ship, which like any other Promo, not everyone can get on a whim. Does everyone have a Holy Bugship? No. Does everyone have a Tuffli? No. Does everyone have an Annorax? No. They are Promo ships. The only purpose is to be a trophy really. "Hey! Look what I got!" sort of thing.

Yea, I would have liked one, but do you see me, a veteran F2P player, getting the pitch forks and torches because I didn't get one? No. Because I'm a normal person who understands reality. So with all due respect to the OP... get over yourself. Promo events like this are one way the game gets funded. No funding = no game.

@jodarkrider @pwlaughingtrendy @askray
    Can you please give this guy a reality check?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • capthaydencapthayden Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I'll weigh in on this; Making the 23rd century bundle a give away for the 50th is perfectly appropriate. That said, I was really hoping they would have cleaned it up a little first. By this I mean, when it initially came out way back when, officers on the TOS bridge DID things. You know, like worked and such. The helmsman and navigators diligently worked their respective consoles, and in a very nice nod to the original series the science officer (at Spock's station) was actually hunched over the scanner with a blue illumination on their face. Now days, everyone (save for one lone tactical officer) sits idly by and stares at the screen. Even my beloved science officer is condemned to an eternity of staring at the bulkhead.

Not saying it was bad move to give away the bundle, but after the nice little Worf upgrades we got for the TNG fans, I was really hoping for an improved upon or at least restored version of the TOS bridge.

Happy 50th all!
    Foundry missions: "Salvaged" and "Preemption (Federation)" brought to you by the former "Tom_Riker01".

"An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback." ~Data
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Wat.
This discussion has been closed.