test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many R&D packs will you buy for the new T6 TOS Connie?

Comments

• Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm selling packs on the AH, grab em, they are are cost price 15mil EC (slightly less than 3 keys).

search PROMOTION! and look for the spiffy connie in the corner of the icon.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not spending any Lobi until they run a Lobi Store Sale. It is about due.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    I'll buy one 4 pack for 1000 Zen ($10) and that will be it. RNGs really hate me, but I'll give it a try 4 times. Figure, might as well use 2 months of my stipend for it. So not really 'costing' me anything.

Have to fess up, I liquidated some of my stored Dil to get one pack of 4.

Don't normally open them, but I can make the Dil back in a few days, so I saw no harm.

Got 40 Lobi and a collection of R&D stuff, so lady luck decided it wasn't to be..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    It is on sale for 800 right now.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Not spending any Lobi until they run a Lobi Store Sale. It is about due.

This is what I was going to do with mine. Or wait a little longer to see what other weapons they add.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    Mats are one thing (and I already have 25 R&D Packs in the Account Bank and over 1,600 Lobi there as well). That does not mean I won't get any of these Promotion R&D Packs or need to spend Lobi at this time. But if you need them, you need them.

Perfect Storm: Sale, Promotion, and R&D Mats Bonus. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ltminns wrote: »
    Perfect Storm: Sale, Promotion, and R&D Mats Bonus. ;)

Yo that's nice. Looks like I get my lobi armor for 4 instead of 5k zen. :)

I also noticed a noteworthy drop in exchange prices for lobi ships. Looks like that a lot of peeps try to exchange their lobi for ec atm.

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    And because the universe is funny... I got a 23c supership opening my 3rd R&D pack... just like I got an Annorax on my 3rd pack.

Weird.
    23c%20promo_zpsygi1dhws.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    None, I blew my budget on replacing my FT-5U's with T-6 versions. I'll be Damned if I am going to gamble on a chance to get a T-6 TOS ship.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Now I'm wondering... IF I were to get one... maybe I could just swap it for the Sheshar that I want...
    iconians wrote: »
    I don't think this is an unrealistic trade. I'm sure there are a more than a few players out there willing to make a 1:1 trade for a T6 Connie/D7/T'Liss.​​

This is now something of a practical concern for me. There's an intel Sheshar (they type I'd want) up on the exchange for 750m Ec, so maybe I should be looking at all these strategies people are suggesting for buying a T6 TOS connie and applying them toward that goal.

'Course there's a couple Sheshar promotion R&D packs on the exchange... maybe I should just buy 4 of those and open them :p.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    Well I have about 150 packs in my bank. I think I will hold onto them for a month or so.
  • Options
    Those Packs need to say Promotion on it for them to have the higher Exchange listing value.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    My packs are all the current promo. Bought for avg of 14.1 million each. Will sell sometime after the promotion ends for higher prices. Was hoping the ship would see the exchange at 750 cap but I have not seen it. Any posted at that price must sell in seconds.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Decided to buy 4 of these, I still needed some lobi to complete the Vorgon project. Couldn't complete it due to a few weeks absence so I thought I might as well buy some.

Now that I've seen their price on the Exchange, I might buy a handful more. Making 75-100 million EC from 1000-1500 zen worth of promotion packs is tempting.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Bought 8 to sell, sold the first six, then tried my luck on a pack, and got the T6 TOS Connie', second one was lobi. Bought 4 more with dil funded Zen, all lobi.
  • Options
    Congrats to all those winners. You sure lucked out. Just can't gamble on them. Just sell the packs is good for me. Besides my Vengeance is still going strong.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Sadly I didn't win anything from my 16 promo packs. I was hoping to win my 5th promo ship. Oh well.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I wasn't going to play this game out of protest and disgust about putting these iconic ships in a gamble box.
    However as it was only Energy Credits I generated and not my own money which I will never Never part with again, I'm getting pretty fed up with this games time gates to slow progression and RNG (Standard R&D Boxes from STF's dropping random materials when I want to be able to farm a specific type or the random mods for upgrades) The lies and contempt show to its player base by the companies management. I played the game

I think over 800 mil EC later and 80ish boxes and all I can say is the HOUSE ALWAYS WINS. I haven't been lucky.

Oh well bring on the T6 Sovereign and Vor'cha Gamble boxes
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    I decided that 16 would be my limit so I ended up buying 16 of them, then opened 8 and sold 8 on the exchange. I didn't get the TOS Connie but by selling those other 8 boxes, I made enough EC to get my Kelvin Connie. And some lobi. So I'm satisfied with how that worked out.
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I had the extra cash, so I dropped $100 on zen and started buying them. I was going to anyways because I caught the crafting bug recently. I didn't open them all, sold a stack on the exchange for a huge amount, got all the crafting stuff I wanted, but no ship. Wasn't aiming for it anyways.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My limit for gambling on promo boxes and lockboxes is a ten stack off the exchange. Otherwise i manage with ec. Got one on thursday when they were still ~13mil and it crapped the ship out on #5. (Oddly enough, i had the same exact experience on the initial run with the Annorax).
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I wasn't going to play this game out of protest and disgust about putting these iconic ships in a gamble box.
    However as it was only Energy Credits I generated and not my own money which I will never Never part with again, I'm getting pretty fed up with this games time gates to slow progression and RNG (Standard R&D Boxes from STF's dropping random materials when I want to be able to farm a specific type or the random mods for upgrades) The lies and contempt show to its player base by the companies management. I played the game

I think over 800 mil EC later and 80ish boxes and all I can say is the HOUSE ALWAYS WINS. I haven't been lucky.

Oh well bring on the T6 Sovereign and Vor'cha Gamble boxes

This is me for all the new promo ships. I will refuse to even try them anymore. What they did here drew the line for me.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I purchased 8, only needed 6
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Well, decided to break my rules/limit (which I always do) and bought 8 more packs. Got lucky and won on the 7th.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I opened my 20 boxes with (of course) no ship inside. I got enough lobi to get the herald armor from the store so mission accomplished. I also estimate to have gotten some 50mil EC worth of crafting items. Will sell them during next upgrade weekend.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    I purchased 10 Bundles (forty Packs). Sold five Packs, opened five Packs, and will wait on the rest to sell them when the prices rise a bit after the sale and/or Event.

My luck with the Infinity and Kelvin Lockboxes in terms of ship prizes (versus all the other Lockboxes I have ever opened) has me going almost exclusively for Sales.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns