test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Star Trek is all about things not being what they seem"

Comments

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Dear god man! The amount of tinfoil used in that opening post....staggering.

If a troll attempt 10/10.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Proof that Cryptic is out for our money. Just look at how crooked Steve Ricossa's nose is. :o

And Chase Masterson don't need a jacket in the winter. Just look at how hot she is. :p

And @nabreeki is actually an alien, sent here to study intelligent life. He would have left this planet a long time ago but his ship ran out of power on the way here. He's secretly working with Durracel to develop a starship battery that will get him off this hellhole of a planet we call home. He's still looking for intelligent life in the galaxy. :warning:
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Reminds me of the call I had where I guy said he had to go get his keys out of the microwave- and perhaps his computer would start working properly again.

I asked him why he put them in there and he said it was to jam the CIA's listening devices.

Good times.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Reminds me of the call I had where I guy said he had to go get his keys out of the microwave- and perhaps his computer would start working properly again.

I asked him why he put them in there and he said it was to jam the CIA's listening devices.

Good times.

This post made this thread worth it. Thanks for sharing.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Actually, Roddenberry was going to name the Enterprise Yorktown at first...

THANK YOU!

Franz Joseph was the one who named the class "CONSTITUTION" in his tech Manual.
    The Class was originally called the STARSHIP CLASS in the show.

Roddenberry was set on YORKTOWN till he had a conversation with Dorothy Fontana, who suggested they name it after the aircraft carrier ENTERRPRISE (CVN-65) which was very popular with the general public at the time.

The pin Spock wore, was designed by Gene and Majel as a trinket to sell to Trek fans, from their "Lincoln Enterprises" side business.
    Nimoy refused to wear it at first, cause he didn't want to be associated with something so crass.
    They had to beg and PAY Nimoy extra just to do it and he would only do it once.

The asteroid base was designed by Ralph McQuarrie back in the late 70's and was influenced heavily by his work for Lucas on Star Wars.
    So I guess all the Star Destroyer's are in on the conspiracy too.

Gees... if yer gonna be paranoid about something, at least get yer damn facts straight!
    smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Guys! SRSLY. Ixnay on the Ostingpay! These channels are NOT secure. Anyone can be reading this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    Time index 1:44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NALnjXzaL48

Was Chase referring to the points raised in this article by any chance?

Trek+Order+Ultima.jpg

So what happens when the suggestion is raised that not everything about this behemoth is what it appears to be?

[. . .]

A superficial look at the possible hidden aspects of Star Trek won’t get you very far. [. . .] This doesn’t mean that the idea of a Star Trek ‘agenda’ is unfounded though.

[. . .]

Roddenberry was determined, for a considerable amount of time, to name the vessel “Constitution”. Those who have looked into Freemasonic history will know that on March 17th, 1926, Major General Henry Knox lodge was constituted on the gun deck of the US Navy ship “USS Constitution”. More importantly, this was the only Lodge in the world ever to be instituted on an active ship of war. Although the starship name eventually became “Enterprise”, the ship remained a “constitution class starship”.

[. . .]

spock9vj.jpg

The similarity of both the Starfleet uniform patch and the Vulcan IDIC pin to the Pyramid and ‘all seeing eye’ is a little strange. Indeed, the origin of the IDIC pin is explained in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode – “The Forge” – as an attainment of heightened knowledge upon reaching the summit of Mount Seleya on Vulcan.

The new USS Discovery from Star Trek Discovery:

new-star-trek-discovery-may-give-us-our-first-female-captain-voyager-1071712.jpg

CBS freeze-frame:

CBS.jpg~original

Star Trek Online "Delta Rising":

300px-Deltarising_logo.jpg?version=ac2081476359cdb5dfeb073024881d76

Star Trek Online: 4th Annual Shutup Wesley Event

9c092bdd917cd17562d16db874c53dad1450304385.png

Gene Roddenberry's quotes:

We-must-question-the-story-logic-...-Gene-Roddenberry-.jpg
    quote-if-this-is-your-god-he-s-not-very-impressive-he-has-so-many-psychological-problems-he-gene-roddenberry-54-32-86.jpg

CBS logo:

cbs.jpg

Star Trek Discovery asteroid base:

frame_0000_large.jpg

Just a coincidence, right? :)

I always find this interesting....but remember, for some reason, mainstream trekkies get hostile and/or belligerent when anything outside the mainstream and conventional is brought up.

I'd like to go over some of this via PM if you are interested :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Time index 1:44.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NALnjXzaL48

Was Chase referring to the points raised in this article by any chance?

Trek+Order+Ultima.jpg

So what happens when the suggestion is raised that not everything about this behemoth is what it appears to be?

[. . .]

A superficial look at the possible hidden aspects of Star Trek won’t get you very far. [. . .] This doesn’t mean that the idea of a Star Trek ‘agenda’ is unfounded though.

[. . .]

Roddenberry was determined, for a considerable amount of time, to name the vessel “Constitution”. Those who have looked into Freemasonic history will know that on March 17th, 1926, Major General Henry Knox lodge was constituted on the gun deck of the US Navy ship “USS Constitution”. More importantly, this was the only Lodge in the world ever to be instituted on an active ship of war. Although the starship name eventually became “Enterprise”, the ship remained a “constitution class starship”.

[. . .]

spock9vj.jpg

The similarity of both the Starfleet uniform patch and the Vulcan IDIC pin to the Pyramid and ‘all seeing eye’ is a little strange. Indeed, the origin of the IDIC pin is explained in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode – “The Forge” – as an attainment of heightened knowledge upon reaching the summit of Mount Seleya on Vulcan.

The new USS Discovery from Star Trek Discovery:

new-star-trek-discovery-may-give-us-our-first-female-captain-voyager-1071712.jpg

CBS freeze-frame:

CBS.jpg~original

Star Trek Online "Delta Rising":

300px-Deltarising_logo.jpg?version=ac2081476359cdb5dfeb073024881d76

Star Trek Online: 4th Annual Shutup Wesley Event

9c092bdd917cd17562d16db874c53dad1450304385.png

Gene Roddenberry's quotes:

We-must-question-the-story-logic-...-Gene-Roddenberry-.jpg
    quote-if-this-is-your-god-he-s-not-very-impressive-he-has-so-many-psychological-problems-he-gene-roddenberry-54-32-86.jpg

CBS logo:

cbs.jpg

Star Trek Discovery asteroid base:

frame_0000_large.jpg

Just a coincidence, right? :)

I always find this interesting....but remember, for some reason, mainstream trekkies get hostile and/or belligerent when anything outside the mainstream and conventional is brought up.

I'd like to go over some of this via PM if you are interested :)

Mostly we get hostile when something really, really stupid comes up....

Just BEING a Trek Fan was "outside the mainstream" long before you young, internet-conspiracy-bloggers came along.

We didn't need to 'make chit up'.
    smh
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Delta Rising nearly destroyed the game with so many people who left the game due to that expansion.

Are trying to say it was a conspiracy to do that,
    download.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Actually, Roddenberry was going to name the Enterprise Yorktown at first...
    Franz Joseph was the one who named the class "CONSTITUTION" in his tech Manual.
    The Class was originally called the STARSHIP CLASS in the show.

We really need a Starship class in this game. Just for how cringeworthy the name is.
  • Options
    misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Anyone remember that episode of Voyager where Seven of Nine went crazy after over-analysing computer records and coming to the conclusion of a conspiracy aboard Voyager and nearly had everyone on the verge of killing each other?

Great episode.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    The op's name contains three "i"s. A triangle of eyes! Coincidence?
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    ...I always find this interesting....but remember, for some reason, mainstream trekkies get hostile and/or belligerent when anything outside the mainstream and conventional is brought up...

HAHAHAHAH! He used "mainstream" to describe Trekkies!
    Didn't think it was possible for someone to be this clueless.
    Now, where's that deed I have to the Brooklyn Bridge? I might finally have a mark...errr, buyer

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I was once a guard over these prisoners being brought to this quaint little fort in the middle of a very cold continent.

I asked this one certain prisoner his.. her name? And the next thing I know, the prisoner in front of me changed gender several times as well as several different species, changing their appearance before settling on one and eventually giving me their name.

That was not as weird as this... stuff.
    Jack-Sparrow-GIF-johnny-depp-22453635-500-200.gif
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    I was once a guard over these prisoners being brought to this quaint little fort in the middle of a very cold continent.

I asked this one certain prisoner his.. her name? And the next thing I know, the prisoner in front of me changed gender several times as well as several different species, changing their appearance before settling on one and eventually giving me their name.

That was not as weird as this... stuff.
    Jack-Sparrow-GIF-johnny-depp-22453635-500-200.gif
    Hadvar, is that you?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    That's not hostility. It's ridicule. Try to keep up.

And I join in the general laughter at the apparently non-ironic use of the phrase "mainstream Trekkies". :lol:​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The truth is plain to see...

TRIANGLES ARE EVIL!!!​​

Clearly...

https://youtu.be/sNT8SMlqLJA?t=86
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Anyway, I have changed my pasword twice, just to be certain. And the avatar, that is not me, that is someone completely different. I don't even know him .. or her .. whatever it is.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    The Kool-Aid!
    It's all about the Kool-Aid!

Seriously, OP, you are reading way too much into triangles.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    I'm going to check if Wonko the Sane will let me move outside the asylum with him.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The truth is plain to see...

TRIANGLES ARE EVIL!!!​​

Clearly...

https://youtu.be/sNT8SMlqLJA?t=86

That certainly brought back some memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8y8Ziwswe0
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Another coincidence, right? :)

farpoint_hd_125.jpg

Q was trolling in that scene. Hence the funny clothes and the insignia expressly designed to inspire paranoia and point out the irrationality of the human race.

Good thing it was Picard in the Captain's chair and not somebody else. Take from that what you will.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    "Q" loves conspiracy theories, they just make his passion to prove that humans are idiots, all the more easier.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    BTW - the term "Constitution Class" was NEVER used in, or during the run of the original Star Trek series. It was refered to in the series as a "Starship Class" vessel. (The plaque on the Bridge set even states that.)

The term "Constitution Class" was introduced in the circa. 1975 Star Trek Technical Manual done by Franz Joseph. And in fact, Paramount at the time grated him a separate license to copyright what he did - meaning HE owned the rights to the work and designs done for that Manual.

In fact, it's what led to the Gene Roddenberry edict of "All Fed Ship Warp Nacele configurations come in groups of two". Why? GR wanted to use some of the material in the FJ Tech Manual, but was UPSET to no end when he found that to do so, he's have to pay a royalty fee.

It's also why the 'Star Fleet Battles' Universe for that game is listed and considered separate from the official 'Star Trek Universe'; because it was licensed from the Franz Joseph estate (not Paramount), and 100% based off off the work contained in the Franz Joseph Star Trek Technical Manual.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    BTW - the term "Constitution Class" was NEVER used in, or during the run of the original Star Trek series. It was refered to in the series as a "Starship Class" vessel. (The plaque on the Bridge set even states that.)

The term "Constitution Class" was introduced in the circa. 1975 Star Trek Technical Manual done by Franz Joseph. And in fact, Paramount at the time grated him a separate license to copyright what he did - meaning HE owned the rights to the work and designs done for that Manual.

In fact, it's what led to the Gene Roddenberry edict of "All Fed Ship Warp Nacelle configurations come in groups of two". Why? GR wanted to use some of the material in the FJ Tech Manual, but was UPSET to no end when he found that to do so, he's have to pay a royalty fee.

It's also why the 'Star Fleet Battles' Universe for that game is listed and considered separate from the official 'Star Trek Universe'; because it was licensed from the Franz Joseph estate (not Paramount), and 100% based off the work contained in the Franz Joseph Star Trek Technical Manual.

Yer a bit late to that, I pointed it out up thread back on the 7th.
    B)