test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We want the Borg.

I don't know about you, but I for one would like to fly a borg cube someday. I think it would be a great idea if players could operate them. Perhaps just liberated borg characters but regardless, I want borg. Also, even if we the players do not get to fly borg ships, why only have so few? Take a look at the mod "Star Trek Armada 3" for "Sins of a Solar Empire" and you will see about 20 different borg ships. Why do they not have more ships? Other games also had more ships btw, including a xbox exclusive.

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,157 Arc User
    Speaking on behalf of myself ... I want Undine!

If they ever do add in another faction (not a 'new tutorial') I suspect it'll be the spoon heads.
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    'We want the Borg?"

You are being very liberal in your definition of 'we' because I sure as heck don't want to see playable Borg Ships.

You want the Borg.. 'We' do not. ;)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    18hkr2.jpg
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    i guess Borg want all of us except Kazons, them only wants Elachi

• spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Persistence is futile.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Absolutely not.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    'We want the Borg?"

You are being very liberal in your definition of 'we' because I sure as heck don't want to see playable Borg Ships.

This.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    I want the Borg - to remain as torpedo-target NPC. We've got enough hugely-oversized ships flying around, from the Romulan Scimitars to my own beloved spacegoing city, the temporal dreadnought USS Aeon Flux.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    You may have a playable Borg race, with spheres, probes, and assimilated versions of other faction ships, but you may not have anything the size of a cube.

The trash heap has spoken.
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I want a pony . but yeah, no .
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Been over this... NO.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    reyan01 wrote: »
    'We want the Borg?"

This.

Afraid to say that I am one of those who would very probably stop playing STO if this ever happened.

I have said before, I'll say again..

I thoroughly believe that playable Borg ships will be the very last thing they do for a last 'cash infusion' when they feel the game is about to shut down. I don't believe that will be anytime soon, and I sure hope it doesn't happen at all. But I'm with you, the day that people start flying around in Borg Cubes is probably the day I'll decide that I have had a good run with STO but it will be time to move on.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    We've got enough hugely-oversized ships flying around​​

Disagree. I'm still waiting for a playable Voth Citadel.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    'We want the Borg?"

This.

Afraid to say that I am one of those who would very probably stop playing STO if this ever happened.

I thoroughly believe that playable Borg ships will be the very last thing they do for a last 'cash infusion' when they feel the game is about to shut down. I don't believe that will be anytime soon, and I sure hope it doesn't happen at all. But I'm with you, the day that people start flying around in Borg Cubes is probably the day I'll decide that I have had a good run with STO but it will be time to move on.

As much as I agree that it would be weird to have playable Borg ships, would it be that weirder than having playable Vonph's and Nicors? Or ships from alternate timelines?
    risian4 wrote: »
    'We want the Borg?"

This.

As much as I agree that it would be weird to have playable Borg ships, would it be that weirder than having playable Vonph's and Nicors? Or ships from alternate timelines?

I guess not, but as Picard once said..

The line must be drawn.. here! No further!

:)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    'We want the Borg?"

This.

Probes or spheres, maybe. But cubes are just too big to be practical player ships.

Just like we don't get playable Voth Citadels even though we have other Voth ships.
  • hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    id definately play the borg but i would also like an xpac focusing more on other faction like legacy of romulus did id love to play undine/voth/hirogen and have more non starfleet involved stuff yes i know the federation is the big faction but id love to have playable alien species and see thier stories and viewpoints like lor xpac did it doesnt always have to be about the federation.
    Darmok and jalad at tenegra
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    While we are at it . . . I think playing as a member of the Q Continuum is a reasonable request.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • acidpresleyacidpresley Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    We want the Borg.

No, we don't.

• stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    Hmm...playable borg cubes. With so many of them parked outside of ESD we could have ourselves a game of Tetris.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    While we are at it . . . I think playing as a member of the Q Continuum is a reasonable request.
    You mean: "We think playing as member of the Q Continuum is a reasonable request."

Remember, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, so if you can't boast speaking for us all, you already lost against the OP.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Just say NO to anymore playable Borg. What we have now is fine, just... No more!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    New Borg story with the Borg beign a renwed threat? Yes pelase.

Playable borg ships? no.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    No. No playable cubes. Probes...maybe. Spheres....big maybe.

Cubes are just....no....

I have a LibBorg and he definitely does NOT want to fly anything remotely resembling a Borg ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    If Borg ships become playable, expect the following barrage of repetitive threads:

- How do I fly these things!?

- Why can't I bank in these?

- Where the heck is my front and aft?

- I can't tell where I'm going!

- Stuck on map geometry, help!

- Stuck in ESD starship traffic, can't move!

- Warped into map geometry!

- I can't see what I'm shooting / My ship covers half my screen!

- Some dude in a Borg ship just shunted my fleet out of the way when he warped in!

That and a whole slew of others I'm sure.

What do I want? A Borg NPC revamp, they are way overdue. Borg ships need to be re-classified so that cubes in particular become tougher. How is a Keldon or Negh'var at the same rank as a cube? Move the cube up to dreadnought level (where the tac cube is right now) and re-classify the tac cube to the same level as the Crystalline Entity.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    In other words....you are not speaking for anyone except yourself, OP.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Nope.

Since I cannot speak for the majority- I shall speak for myself. (because I'm not presumptuous)

"I" want them to improve/fix issues that have been lingering in game for quite some time now (months to years) before introducing yet another "problem" to spend time and resources on. "I" don't need another half-baked conceptual piece that's a good short-term marketing tactic (diversion) and will also continue to remind them of what's worthy of focus... such as items that were sold for cash money and offer substandard quality when compared to items that were not.

A small "recent" example of this:

Krenim Science Vessel "giveaway" ship, choice of at least 3 different materials versus the 31st Century Ships which are priced at $30 each and have ONE material available to choose from.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    'We want the Borg?"

^nailed it
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Depends on what type of Borg. Borg Collective is far too boring since the Collective would control your character not you. Although, it could work if Cryptic creates interesting PvP matches where one player is the Borg that controls and creates a bunch of drones similar to Starcraft while the other side is everyone else. So it would require implementing RTS games in a MMO. However, we all know how interested Cryptic is in improving PvP for STO.

Borg Cooperative, on the other hand, could have the same treatment as the TOS Starfleet. Start at level 40, have a couple of new ships and costumes, and start playing the Delta Rising missions with everyone else.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I'm fine with a playable Borg Cooperative faction, but that's about it. I'd be fine with Jeri Ryan congratulating me after every level.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg