test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We want the Borg.

Comments

• sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I wanna see a borg cube in this game...as a one time use, 1 million dilitium purchase. You don't even have to worry about. Oh how the forum will burn and the markets will crash.

1 billion Dilithium. 1 million is apparently "pocket change". :smile:
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    I wanna see a borg cube in this game...as a one time use, 1 million dilitium purchase. You don't even have to worry about. Oh how the forum will burn and the markets will crash.

1 billion Dilithium. 1 million is apparently "pocket change". :smile:

Well...it is only for one use...so you'd have to spend it for every queue you run if you want to keep using it. That should reach 1 billion soon enough. Also there is that pesky 10 mil cap. I would not mind it being 10 mil either...as long as it was for one use. The key is to make it one use.

Ah yes, the cap- true enough.

I'm sure quite a few would buy it at 1 million for a one-time use item. It sure seems with the market hovering at 400-500 per Zen it hasn't "crashed" yet, so there's apparently a plentiful and boundless supply of Dilithium to be had.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    'We want the Borg?"

You are being very liberal in your definition of 'we' because I sure as heck don't want to see playable Borg Ships.

You want the Borg.. 'We' do not. ;)

This.

Afraid to say that I am one of those who would very probably stop playing STO if this ever happened.

Same here.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    xbox exclusive...lol
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    jade1280 wrote: »
    xbox exclusive...lol

That would anger a lot of players.

So, they're probably working on it right now.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    It would be a good way to entice newcomers to playing STO on consoles... no doubt!

The Borg have assimilated the PS4 and the kiddies just love it!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    If a Borg lockbox or Borg ships from a promo pack ever come into STO it pretty much means one thing. STO is about to die and they want one last big money grab before the final breath.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    xbox exclusive...lol

Wouln't it work better as a ...
    *puts on sunglasses*
    Game Cube Exclusive?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I want STO to embrace the Destiny Trilogy storyline (adapted as necessary to preserve it own soft canon) and let the Borg go out in a blaze of glory... Because what we have now embarrassing/target practice.
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    uH7iP94.png

I've tried out the player cube and it's not all that great to be honest.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    'We want the Borg?"

You are being very liberal in your definition of 'we' because I sure as heck don't want to see playable Borg Ships.

You want the Borg.. 'We' do not. ;)

Oh no, it is WE.
    We want the Borg.
    You don't, but we do.
    Make it so, Cryptic.
    Wallets are waiting...
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    A whole host of other Star Trek based games allow players to play as the Borg. SFC III and Armada 2 are a couple of examples. Go play as the Borg over there, OP.

What I don't get is why anyone would want playable Borg ships. They'd be exactly like what we have available now. With Borg skins. They most definitely would not be GodShips. The players who blow up constantly or cannot successfully complete content in the ships we have now will still fail just as regularly in a Borg ship. The other idea people who ask for GodShips forget is NPCs scale with the power and level of the player. Playing as the lead drone on a Tactical Cube is not going to give a player some sort of unbeatable advantage which allows them to instantly waltz through content or an STF. Even if it becomes allowed to play as part of the Cooperative rather than the Collective.

Still, I'd allow it under the following conditions:
    - A person playing as a Borg is automatically viewed as a hostile by every other player. Which means the Borg player cannot refuse any challenge from any player or group of players.
    - Any STF or content where the Collective is an active or potential enemy is denied to them.
    - They are not allowed to join any Fleet or team with any other player.
    - No Fleets or Holdings. If a player has a Tactical Cube, that player does not require the resources of a Fleet.
    They're the Borg. They have a Tactical Cube. Elite Fleet weapons and gear would be a waste of time.
    Since Borg technology is supposed to be superior to everything else.
    - Every purchase can only be made with Dilithium. No EC. No GPL. The Collective does not have a need for money. No Exchange either.

Lastly, isn't this an F.C.T.?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • wag61283wag61283 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I agree Borg cubes would be stupid to add as a player type ship. As for the whole faction ideal it makes less sense. Simply because there is no individuality to make one a good character. Borg should be kept as only a npc faction. Though I agree a new story arc with them would be fun to do.
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    null
    @gundam2jimmy

Didnt you already do this thread two-three months ago?

Please stop acting as if you speak for all of us because "we" all do not want what you are speaking for. Make your arguments and points but leave everyone else out of it, and let the rest of "we" speak for ourselves!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    If a Borg lockbox or Borg ships from a promo pack ever come into STO it pretty much means one thing. STO is about to die and they want one last big money grab before the final breath.

The same could have been said for a lot of Lockbox ships.

If an Undine/Iconian/Kelvin Universe/Voth Lockbox or Undine/Iconian/Kelvin Universe/Voth ships from a promo pack ever come to STO it pretty much means one thing. STO is about to die and they want one last big money grab before the final breath.

The only thing that a Borg Lockbox means is that Cryptic has run out of canon ideas for Lockbox ships. So they would have to make their own races' ships. Although, that would be at least a few years from now due to all the Lockboxes that don't have Tier 6 counterparts.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    No "we"do not/
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    To paraphrase Ser Davos Seaworth:
    "F@#% the Borg !"
  • nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Personally, I would like to see a Cardassian faction. Just sayin...
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Players being able to fly Undine ships is bad enough (that really was a terrible idea, and this is coming from someone who uses a Dromias) but being able to fly Borg ships? Like many others have said, that will be the day I quit STO.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    In other words....you are not speaking for anyone except yourself, OP.

They're Borg (or a wannabe). They tend to talk like that...
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    That could be interesting for a special "faction" (more like a permanent "game mode", like the Supervillain Onslaugh update of Champions Online): you can be a Borg with a device, only a few players active as Borg at a time, but all factions want you dead and the game tells them where you are. The longer you survive, the more rewards you get.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »

That's true. "We want the Borg" I speak for everyone, for this is a Collective and I am the Borg Queen/King.

We (i) want to fly a Borg cube and it sounds better if I imply (or outright lie) that more people than myself want it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    lopequil wrote: »

That's true. "We want the Borg" I speak for everyone, for this is a Collective and I am the Borg Queen/King.

We (i) want to fly a Borg cube and it sounds better if I imply (or outright lie) that more people than myself want it.

Everybody else thinks in such three-dimensional terms.

I always found it hilarious that they never bothered explaining what the Borg Queen meant by that.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I'm not even going to try to guess what she meant.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    Put the Borg ships into LockBoxes. If some players want them badly enough, make them support the company and the game financially. Nothing says 'I want this' quite like "Shut up and take my money!"
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    I always found it hilarious that they never bothered explaining what the Borg Queen meant by that.​​

Huh... Because to me that's a perfectly ordinary statement for almost any sci-fi setting. It's not even worth a raised eyebrow in a time-travel-rich setting like Star Trek.

nikeix wrote: »
    iconians wrote: »
    I always found it hilarious that they never bothered explaining what the Borg Queen meant by that.

Huh... Because to me that's a perfectly ordinary statement for almost any sci-fi setting. It's not even worth a raised eyebrow in a time-travel-rich setting like Star Trek.

They usually explain how a character comes back from the dead with a sufficient amount of technobabble and/or fuzzy science. The Borg Queen is the only time I remember it basically being 'hand-waved' away and never referred to again.

So, people come back from the dead in the Borg Collective, and the only explanation is that anybody who questions it thinks in three-dimensional terms.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • scarletbattlesonscarletbattleson Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Uh, no. Just no.

More Borg content a la helping the Cooperative, yes.
    New Borg STFs, maybe.
    Alice Krige doing some voicework for a new Featured Episode, pricy but yes.
    Fixing Defera, hope springs eternal but yes.

Playable Borg ships... Mr. Magic Eight Ball says when a certain place freezes over. And I'm not talking about Q's Winter Wonderland.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I wonder what "we" the OP is talking about. I certainly don't want the Borg. Don't want the Cardassians either.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    tempus64 wrote: »
    I wonder what "we" the OP is talking about. I certainly don't want the Borg. Don't want the Cardassians either.

I can honestly say the only thing I want less than borg ships would be the spoonheads
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.