test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We want the Borg.

13»

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    shotgun? you mean cochriane's shutgun? then try very dangerous Picard's Hologramic Tommygun!

what about liberated version ship the lead by Hugo, friend of Georgie? it is loaded with tychrons.
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    Dr. Evil ordered his ransom, "1 million EC", then everyone is laughing.

excuse me, i make more than that.

Dr, Evil now get the drift, "Oh, I see, 1 Billion EC!" as his pinkie get a sucky breathe in menacing way.
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    nikeix wrote: »
    Everybody else thinks in such three-dimensional terms.
    I always found it hilarious that they never bothered explaining what the Borg Queen meant by that.

Huh... Because to me that's a perfectly ordinary statement for almost any sci-fi setting. It's not even worth a raised eyebrow in a time-travel-rich setting like Star Trek.

They usually explain how a character comes back from the dead with a sufficient amount of technobabble and/or fuzzy science. The Borg Queen is the only time I remember it basically being 'hand-waved' away and never referred to again.

So, people come back from the dead in the Borg Collective, and the only explanation is that anybody who questions it thinks in three-dimensional terms.​​

My personal thought is the Queen's mind/essence/however you want to put it exists spread accross several quantum states. Perhaps a 9 or 7th dimensional alignment as theorized by M-theory. So she is destroyed in one quantum state/continuum/timeline, but not in others, and she builds a new body. That would explain the 3D comment nicely.

As far as Borg. Cooperative might work, biggest thing I can see is a Sphere. Cube's just too large. That's why I never expect to see a laidon, (Notably larger then a Vonph)
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    'We want the Borg?"

You are being very liberal in your definition of 'we' because I sure as heck don't want to see playable Borg Ships.

You want the Borg.. 'We' do not. ;)

This.

Afraid to say that I am one of those who would very probably stop playing STO if this ever happened.

I have said before, I'll say again..

I thoroughly believe that playable Borg ships will be the very last thing they do for a last 'cash infusion' when they feel the game is about to shut down. I don't believe that will be anytime soon, and I sure hope it doesn't happen at all. But I'm with you, the day that people start flying around in Borg Cubes is probably the day I'll decide that I have had a good run with STO but it will be time to move on.

As much as I agree that it would be weird to have playable Borg ships, would it be that weirder than having playable Vonph's and Nicors? Or ships from alternate timelines?

Probes or spheres, maybe. But cubes are just too big to be practical player ships.

Just like we don't get playable Voth Citadels even though we have other Voth ships.

Not all Cubes are gigantic though, the Borg do have Scout Cubes and all. I see no problem with the Cooperative using smaller Cubes and put them in boxes for us, they don't have the man drone power to put into super large vessels anyway.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Everybody else thinks in such three-dimensional terms.
    I always found it hilarious that they never bothered explaining what the Borg Queen meant by that.

Huh... Because to me that's a perfectly ordinary statement for almost any sci-fi setting. It's not even worth a raised eyebrow in a time-travel-rich setting like Star Trek.

They usually explain how a character comes back from the dead with a sufficient amount of technobabble and/or fuzzy science. The Borg Queen is the only time I remember it basically being 'hand-waved' away and never referred to again.

So, people come back from the dead in the Borg Collective, and the only explanation is that anybody who questions it thinks in three-dimensional terms.​​

I really have no idea what she means with the three-dimensional thing, but I am not surprised that a Collective Hive Mind has the ability to create new queens as needed. Especially since the original description of the Borg didn't require any Queen in the first place - it was "just" a collective mind.

I still prefer the take on the Queen that she's basically just the Collective's spokesperson, basically. Though that's definitely head-canon material and statements on screen suggest otherwise. (The whole thing would work better if there was actually no queen before Picard, and the Locutus experience is what gave the Hive Mind the idea to create a Queen, but that's already directly contradicted by First Contact. :( Sucks to be me head-canon writer.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I know it's hard, but see the next time you are watching those early Voyager Season 4 episodes dealing with Seven being freed from the Collective, listen to what "they" say rather than oggling "them", because "they" always speak in the personal plural as "they" do not know any different having lived in multitude for many years.

At least assume the OP is a hard core RPer, before assuming they are pushing it on everyone else. They probably are pushing it on everyone else, but let's give them some benefit of the doubt, regardless of how ridiculous an idea it is.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I just want more faction specific ships for the KDF and RR.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I just want more faction specific ships for the KDF and RR.

thats a beautiful dream, one cryptic doesn't share
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.