test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    If thats how much they want for these non-account unlock uniforms i can only say...Odecm4i.jpg

Checking my calendar it says its July not April.

The Maco at 5000 Zen 2 mil dil is more expensive than a Tier 6 ship and its Fleet counterpart combined. Who ever decided on these prices can i have some of what you are smoking ?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You people are crazy if you think these are reasonable prices. To those saying this is an attempt at a new Dilithium sink, a sink is a sink only if a good number of people participate in it; at these prices they won't. Only the professional Dilithium farmers and those willing to throw a whole wad of cash to buy Zen to convert to Dilithium will be involved.

This has the stink of Geko written all over it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You people are crazy if you think these are reasonable prices. To those saying this is an attempt at a new Dilithium sink, a sink is a sink only if a good number of people participate in it; at these prices they won't. Only the professional Dilithium farmers and those willing to throw a whole wad of cash to buy Zen to convert to Dilithium will be involved.

This has the stink of Geko written all over it.

A sink is a good sink if it leads to a lot of Dilithium being spend on it. Whether it's many with a small amount or few with a large amount doesn't really matter.

The fact that it's basically ridicilous for most average players might be reason for the few that can afford it to definitely get it, especally since you can show these uniforms off, unlike, say, making all your items gold.

And I also highly doubt that a lot f people would buy it in the first place, so a low price will not raise the sales as much as you might think.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    With the upgrade weekend over and no new items (as in ships) in the Zen store at the moment I think a direct comparison between this and next week’s Dil prices will settle the discussion.

If it goes lower it will be successfull and peeps will go for it despite the price. I could imagine that we see more outfits introduced to the game this way. Perhaps even on a monthly basis. Cryptic could offer some nice variety here as these outfits would not have to be attached to themes of new lock box releases.

I’m curious what we see next then… a full Borg outfit would be cool. A lot of stuff therefore is already created and used by the NPCs so cryptic would not have to pull too many recourses. I hope it won't cost 3 Million Dil though. :#
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    ...And I also highly doubt that a lot f people would buy it in the first place, so a low price will not raise the sales as much as you might think.

I'm not sure I agree with that. With these prices, no one I know will buy them. Remember, these are character bound, not account bound.

Whether you or I know people doesn't mean that they don't exist.

I for example rarely sell Zen on the Dil/Zen Exchange, too, and only rarely, too. So they might simply not have to convince most of us that they want these items.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    A question that might be worth asking: Are these costumes tradable?

If they are, then one could conceivably get rather a lot of EC by dumping their dilithium into these outfits. If not, then... C-Store is universally better unless you absolutely must have this outfit. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Holy snacks, that's some rarified pricing for sure. I don't think I've ever went from very interested, to not even remotely interested at such a breakneck speed.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    if they really wanted to add a dil sink, they could've added something making more sense. for example, 500k dil for one instant specialization point box. every time a new specialization is released there'd be a large influx of spent dil (15 million dil to fill a whole spec tree instantly. 30 thousand zen at max dil:zen ratio to avoid mind numbing repetition). whales would be delighted.

a costume is a one time purchase not many people care about.​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • vonestelvonestel Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Seriously? $50 for the MACO uniform?!? I might buy that as I am absolutely desperate for those but not a chance in the world I will get any of the other outfits. I cannot believe these are optimally priced. We've gone from 400 zen for uniforms that were account wide unlocks to 5000 zen per character?!? You are basically doubling the cost by making in character only so that's a 2,500% price increase. I have certainly cut back my purchases here as a result of the T6 price increase. Not so much the ships I absolutely must have, but I do not buy any of the maybe's. So at 2000 zen I bought three ships, at 3000 zen I buy one. Cryptic loses because I gave them 3000 zen not 6000 zen. I can understand a price increase for uniforms and bridges. Probably a good thing as at 400 zen, Cryptic lost interest. But I can't believe that 5000 zen is your best price point.
  • jesterdavid#0862 jesterdavid Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Couldn't they launch with these prices, suck a tonne of dil out of the economy, and then six months down the road drop the price for everyone else?
  • highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    They arent even account unlocks.
    Not seeing any of that in the dil store, is that on Tribble?

Yes. Hitting holodeck tomorrow. They aren't even account unlocks.

Lack of account unlock is very disappointing, especially for something most people will be grinding dil on multiple toons for, but I gotta have it at least for my TOS toon, so just got the zen and sold it for the 2 million dil, figured if I wait until word gets out it might cost me more.

Disappointing? I welcome the price! I will grind for this stuff! This isn't communism where we get everything for free! Who said we were entitled to anything cheep? I will honestly grind this out with as much dil as I can because I think it is a benchmark I would be proud to reach!

Approach adversity with an open mind and a "I can do it and get out of my way I am making results happen" attitude and nothing stands in your way.​​

I always wondered if there were people that actually believed the BS on those break room motivational posters.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Just like those EV suits in Dil Store. Outrageous.

Nukara suits are still the best EV suits and much cheaper.

You lot wanted dilithium sinks. Here they are.

those are not dil sinks thats just cryptic being moronic, no one in their right mind will pay that much, if you cut those prices in half then people would buy, but not at those prices.

Cryptic once again youve pulled down your pants and showed us your IQ which is quite small O.o
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    no one in their right mind will pay that much

So, judging by some of the STO players I've seen, this will be a rousing success.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Figures all the poor people would come here to cry you can't afford them. Sucks to be you. B)

Personally, I'd buy them all without a second thought...if they weren't all restricted to Feds.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I agree with Azrael. You will be surprised who will go after it. And since many are saying no. It makes their goal of owning it better. As to them it separates them from others. I know many gamers like this. They will take on the challenge of getting it.

This isn't for everyone.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Sweet! With my fleet discount, the MACO uniform will only cost me 1.7 million!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Lol, 2mil for a "costume", for that money i need to be able to go to my bridge, throw it in the cpts chair and have it fly the ship and one shot every enemy ingame on elite.

I need to be able to beam it down solo and have it get the same results in ground combat.

For those who claim these wont sell, they will, because a lot of people are far less intelligent than those of us who wont buy them.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The jealousy is strong in this one.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    This is absolutely ridiculous, I've never even had that much Dilithium before, were you guys smoking pot or something? Do you have any idea of how many things already cost Dilithium..?
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    80k dill only takes 10 characters, and about 2 hours of time to do.

Edit. With Admiralty and stuff nowadays it actually takes much less time than that.
    With Rich Dilithium Mining claims and a couple of quick sector RAs (also turning the rep marks into Dill) you can do 8K Dil on 10 characters in less than one hour. I did that over a couple days to get Dil for the Upgrade weekend. It takes some organization, and a lot of instance changing - but yes, it's possible.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Figures all the poor people would come here to cry you can't afford them. Sucks to be you. B)

Personally, I'd buy them all without a second thought...if they weren't all restricted to Feds.

Why wouldn't they be, as they are all Federation uniforms, oh great l33t e-peen zillionaire?
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Its live on holodeck and they are insanely exspensive.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Almost wanna request everyone go and report the price as a bug, and request it gets lowered to a normal level.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Haha, that'd be fun. Probably wouldn't do much, though.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    probably some1 accidently added too many 0s right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    My worry for this is what if its the thin edge of a wedge? What if based on the results of this , they decide they want to increase the dil sinkification ( if it works or not ), and for that they need something.....more than just outfits?

So they decide to introduce ship consoles, but not the ones we are used to, but some 1 per character unlock ( costing millions of dil ) that is total I-win button?

Jeez its the EVE monocle-gate all over again.

When CCP tried this , well, lets say it didnt go down well, partly due to the concerns i stated above.

I get we need a dil sink, and badly, but...not like this.

Either way, quite a shocking development.
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    1,7M Dilithium will unlock the costume for ONE character - Even with exchange rate of 500 you'd get 3.400 Zen for that. 550 Zen to unlock a costume account wide.
    Not that I care as I am not a vanity Player. But the question remains what drugs they are on...
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982