Options

Outfit prices in Dill store. LOL

Comments

• Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    angarus1 wrote: »
    I'd rather spend the dilithium on all Kelvin Timeline ships. :p

The Kelvin Timeline ships are pretty awesome. They should be the bar by which all other T6 ships are measured by.​​

Argh, now I want them even more.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Our f2p crowd has been demanding a Dil sink for ages now. Cosmetic enhancements are a wise course of action because they are neither power creep nor time gated as in fleets and, what’s most important, remain highly optional to get.

What do you guys want me to do with the 80k Dil I refine/day? Purchase further Zen like you or save it a moth for the M.A.C.O. outfit? Peeps that are interested enough may even buy it with Zen and take off some pressure of the exchange.

Stop the wining and look at the situation in game, cryptic made it for you and they did well.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Our f2p crowd has been demanding a Dil sink for ages now. Cosmetic enhancements are a wise course of action because they are neither power creep nor time gated as in fleets and, what’s most important, remain highly optional to get.

What do you guys want me to do with the 80k Dil I refine/day? Purchase further Zen like you or save it a moth for the M.A.C.O. outfit? Peeps that are interested enough may even buy it with Zen and take off some pressure of the exchange.

Stop the wining and look at the situation in game, cryptic made it for you and they did well.

If you're refining 80k dill a day you're farming on an insane amount of characters that most of the playerbase doesn't bother with. you are the exception to the dill rule.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Dilithium Store Sales Event? It would have to be in the 85% range for it to be meaningful.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    80k dill only takes 10 characters, and about 2 hours of time to do.

Edit. With Admiralty and stuff nowadays it actually takes much less time than that.

Yo, this is quite an accurate timeframe for my toon gang. It usually takes me 1 hour to set up admiralty and doff assignments on my ten toons. Another 1-2 hours I play high Dil rewarding elite PvEs with my fleet mates and friends. I don’t realize all the clicking as that much of a pain as I do it in between runs when I have to wait for others to get ready anyway.

Reaching the daily refinement limit of a character within 10-15 minutes is not a thing for veteran players under current conditions. It’s right the way it is or otherwise there would be no alts in an 6+years old game. Delta Rising hurt, Admirality healed.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The annoying part was that TWOK Excursion Jacket was asked for since the game launched. Now it's available like "this."

It wouldnt be a good dil sink if nobody wanted it...

Oh, it was wanted but not worth millions of dil :D

Most especially so for a single character buy. Really.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,988 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I think cryptic may need to tone those prices down to something like 30k dilithium, much more reasonable
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      I think cryptic may need to tone those prices down to something like 30k dilithium, much more reasonable
      LOL, this is the funniest post so far.
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      One must wonder about the rationale behind those numbers. Do they assume (and we all know the saying about that, don't we?) that each and every player is sitting on such quantities of (refined) dilithium? Did the fact of those per character items costing quite a bit more than a starship (which can be used by multiple characters on an account) somehow not pop the 'this is ridiculous' flags in people's heads?
      They probably know whta kind of Dilithium people are "sitting" on. And what kind of people are sitting on sufficient Dilithium to be able to afford this. And they probably have an idea how this will affect the Dilithium/Zen balance on the Exchange in favor of the Dilithium value, something people have been asking for.

They probably do expect most players not to be able or willing to afford this. But that's okay.

I know that some space rich players asked for vanity items (I believe a latinum throne was mentioned). This is something for them.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
      If they Drop a zero from the prices, that would actually be worth it.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
    • Options
      dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
      100k is probably as much as I'd be willing to consider for a one-character item. For an account unlock, 1M would be excessive but might still be tolerable.

Food for thought: At the current prices, it would apparently* take most of my Zen stash (a little under 14k Zen - that temporal agent bundle looks mighty tempting, but I'm not at my goal yet) to give all those items to just one of my 10-11 characters. Bear in mind that I rarely refine dilithium on more than one character, except in the aftermath of Mirror/Crystalline/Breach events - without severely draining my reserves, there's no sane way of getting those outfits even for one character, and I'm the type that likes hoarding account unlocks.

If I dropped all pretenses of trying to hit 25k, I could dump all my Zen into the costume and ship sections of the C-Store, get much more stuff out of that than I would by selling on the Exchange and buying these new outfits, and get them for every eligible character I have or will have, over the lifetime of the entire game. Which is the better deal, hmm? :confused:

* - I haven't done the math myself yet, but my younger brother was more than willing to take a crack at it while I was turning in assignments.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    • Options
      edited July 2016
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      iconians wrote: »
      Before: "LOL Dilithium is so worthless it's almost 500 dil/zen. Craptic needs to get their **** together and put some dil sinks in the game."​​

Wasn't me who said that. I have untold millions of Unrefined Dilithium. But, at 8k refining limit a day, Dilithium is something I'm sort of always short of. Maybe no one else is Upgrading, but you can lose a 1,000,000 Dil on a single Epic Upgrade easily. So, it will be a cold day in hell before I pay Geko 2,000,000 Dil for a silly suit.

But who knows Epic gear if there is a space barbie to be had?

The difference between the outfit and the Epic item - no one sees you're having that epic item. Your game performance when wearing the item vs. equipping an Epic instead of Very or Ultra-Rare piece of item of wearing the outfit is also almost the same.

---

In the end, it doesn't matter what kind of Dilithium sink they'll come up with. Some peope will not like it, because the only sink that will have a meaningful impact on the game is one that's expensive and/or something desired by a lot of players. Like upgrades or Fleet Holdings are. There won't be some cheap "Oh, neat, but I don't need this" option for an actual Dilithium sink.

But remember the positive benefit is that a good sink will lower the Zen/Dilithium exchange in favor of Dilithium owners, which benefits all the people that want to play this game for free (or at least cheaply.)
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      edited July 2016
      I for my part like the idea of a Dil sink for cosmetic stuff a lot.

The alternative would have been a new set of epic power creep consoles in Dil store only the hardcore enthusiasts could afford.

Nice to see that cryptic cares about the f2p player base much more than that.

animated.gif
    • Options
      nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
      edited July 2016
      Oh, I think it's expensive - so much so its not even on my radar as a way of pushing Dil out of the game. It's not just a game of lump sums and 50 very determined or very wealthy players getting the shiny. Value and Volume will be the measure of success. The Value is terrible IMO... I kind of anticipate the volume to be the same.

We'll see how well it works to shape Dilithium stocks by the way the next set of cosmetics-for-Dil happens... if ever.
    • Options
      marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
      At first glance, these seemed rather expensive for outfits, but, as outlined by another poster in this thread, they're not pricing them at C-Store outfit prices. they're pretty much dead on for Lobi outfits, using the current market value of Dilithium. Of course, if this DOES succeed in making a dent in Dil stockpiles, unless they plan to adjust the prices with the market, these will quickly become a lot more expensive, to the point at which the prices really WILL be beyond what people are willing to part with...​​
    • Options
      Make no mistake, the only way the dilex will go down is if there is stuff in the game that you want, and that costs dil, and that you think is expensive.

Exactly. There is no solution that's all sunshine and rainbows.
    • Options
      lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
      Marketing 1x1...sell an item cheaper so you can sell more. Price it at 200k and a lot more people will use dil for it. Way better dil sink than just grab the top 10% playerbase who are actually able/want to buy it.
    • Options
      ddplattddplatt Member Posts: 83 Arc User
      Lol cryptic what will you do next! How long have you sat on this for, Wonder if a select group will get a promo code for it...
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      Certainly a step in the right direction to suck up some of the dilithium but those prices are absurd.
      No way in hell in ever paying more than the price of a c-store account wide ship for a single toon costume. I don't think even the lobi costumes cost that much as you can easily grind out the ec to buy them off the exchange in only a few days.

Take a zero off the prices and they'd look a lot more attractive if say. Then even the casual one toon players would see them as a reasonable price, not a massive life draining grind.
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
      I've always wanted the TWOK jacket... now I can get it if I save up for it.

If I do save up for it, the dilithium I might otherwise spend on Zen doesn't get spent there, and the dilithium-Zen trading rate gets tilted (very, very, very slightly) towards cheaper Zen, because of the good ol' rule of supply and demand. If enough people do this, the effect may actually become noticeable.

If I go absolutely crazy and have to have it right now, the option of paying real money for it is there (i.e. buy Zen, convert to dil, buy jacket). This has the effect of tilting the dil-Zen rate, and putting actual money into the game. If enough people do that, then Cryptic gets to keep the servers running, have the lights on in the office, possibly even have real Spam instead of imitation at the Christmas party. It's all good.

The price point looks insanely high, true, but that's because there's a heck of a lot of dilithium around. As is immediately apparent once you look at the dil-Zen rate. Not everyone has that sort of dil just lying around (I know darn well I don't), but some people do, and there are enough of them to affect the game's internal economy.

Bear in mind that the people who got huge piles of dil have, necessarily, been committing themselves to the game for a long time - which suggests they like playing it, they want to support it, they very likely have all the stuff you can currently buy with dil, so they are going to be a fertile market for these sorts of vanity items.

In short, these things will sell to the people they're aimed at. Which is not most of us, but never mind.
      8b6YIel.png?1
    • Options
      kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
      I almost spit my coffee when I seen the pic.

I say it's costumes so who cares. But to suggest this is a successful way to provide a dilithium sink...you're living in a fools paradise. Only a very few would ever consider this at the prices provided for something that is only cosmetic.

Now if they were ships or something along those lines....perhaps.
      Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
    • Options
      claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
      Okay, gonna agree the game needs more useful and fun things, that people would want to spend the diffrent currencys on.
      But not at this cost. Its way to much.
      "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
      Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
      Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
    • Options
      dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
      I play Space Barbie with my 140 costume slots, and cannot justify paying that much dilithium for these. If they can be resold on the exchange, sure, but if it's bind on pickup, no way.​​