test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvins are from Andromeda not a Timeline.

Comments

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    captsol wrote: »
    darakoss wrote: »
    What conjecture. CBS says so. That's not conjecture ffs.

Because the OP lives in an parallel universe of his own devising.

Maybe he is from the Kelvan Timeline?, just a guess?

A-triple is from the AGT timeline, the Age03 Good Threads Timeline. Right now Age's wandering in a vineyard having visions of a kangaroo court mocking every post. Soon enough Age will convince someone to help him hijack a science ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    it is not spamming and you do not own this thread op and it is a public forum anyone can use it whether you like it or not. As others have said CBS owns star trek THEY decide what is canon not you, not me not anyone.

If you use close captioning on that episode, it spells the aliens from the Andromeda Galaxy Kelvan not Kelvin
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    age03 wrote: »
    It maybe public but those not need reply and most are just spamming.

You are the spam here, and quite frankly, nobody here has ever heard of you or your trek gamers site, before you mentioned it. By now even you should have realized that you are some sort of a village idiot/drunk in this forums.
    Also, why do you even play this game? After all, you consider it absolute garbage judging form your statements.

also, if you consider SFC2 to be the best game ever, so be it...some agree, some don't. Played all 3 to be honest, and to me the third stuck out the most, but I'm willing to admit that, that is subjective since I like the TNG universe better.

and, I urge you to either proof read your comments from time to time, or write in the language you normaly speak, because your english is hard to follow at times. Also, you seem to have difficulties understanding the meaning of a text when reading, since I never stated that STO is the best Star Trek game, I merely admired the fact that this game turned from a complete failure (in 2010) into one of the better Trek games.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    A very good game indeed, some hiccups here and there, but nothing terrible, anyway, guys don't be so hostile to the OP, this tread is really fun! :smiley:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    A very good game indeed, some hiccups here and there, but nothing terrible, anyway, guys don't be so hostile to the OP, this tread is really fun! :smiley:
    A fun tread? what shape is that? Herringbone? maybe clown faces? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Aw man, facts just happened that are super relevant to this thread and got posted in another thread on these forums!

Specifically, the "It's Green" artifact.
    this alien libation is reportedly strong enough to render a Kelvan intoxicated

Apparently Age03, the game itself follows what's in the script of the episode, the encyclopedia, the episode guide, the chronolgy, AND memory alpha. It's looking like the crowd sourced IMDB citation you cling to might be the spelling that is in error.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    There is no "I" in Kelvin. We're a team!
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Cool, this thread is still alive and kicking, proving that stupidity will never die ;)
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    push
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »
    Cool, this thread is still alive and kicking, proving that stupidity will never die ;)

If only someone can find a way to convert this infinite resource into something usable like energy....
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    a3001 wrote: »
    arabatur wrote: »

If only someone can find a way to convert this infinite resource into something usable like energy....

yeah but given it's a cryptic thing, they'll cap it at x stupidity per day, leaving us with so much unrefined stupid to mill through.

• Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    Kelvin Timeline seems kind of arbitrary, or possibly inaccurate. Wouldn't Narada Timeline be more correct since the universe was clearly changed already by the time of the Kelvin's destruction. Otherwise, it wouldn't look all JJ-ified, it'd look all TOS-like, such as: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/stexpanded/images/9/92/KELVIN_Rev_007.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090705174244
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Kelvin Timeline seems kind of arbitrary, or possibly inaccurate. Wouldn't Narada Timeline be more correct since the universe was clearly changed already by the time of the Kelvin's destruction. Otherwise, it wouldn't look all JJ-ified, it'd look all TOS-like, such as: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/stexpanded/images/9/92/KELVIN_Rev_007.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090705174244

yeah, except while 'TOS-like' was futuristic back in the 60s, it is HORRIBLY outdated by today's standards

what you see on the kelvin is a more accurate reflection of how things might look in 200 years given today's level of technology, just as TOS was a reflection of the 60s

and who knows, in another 45 years, the current style might end up just as outdated - assuming star trek is still alive by then​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Why would the Kelvin (which predates TOS) look like a TOS era ship?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    The Kelvin also isn't from what we'd see as the TOS era. The destruction of the Kelvin took place in that fuzzy, information-poor era between Enterprise and TOS. So, we don't really know what the technology looked like.

Furthermore, Simon Pegg has stated in his blog that time isn't linear for the Kelvin Timeline, either.
    the Kelvin universe can evolve and change in ways that don’t necessarily have to follow the Prime Universe at any point in history, before or after the events of Star Trek '09

So, from the Big Bang to the Heat Death of the Universe, the Kelvin Timeline could have changed any number of details (no matter how big or small) at any point in history, not just the point where the Narada meets the Kelvin.

Although it's from that particular incident that the reality was created, thus the "Kelvin Timeline".​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Wow, this thread is still alive? I figured the OP had killed it by now.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    The Kelvin also isn't from what we'd see as the TOS era. The destruction of the Kelvin took place in that fuzzy, information-poor era between Enterprise and TOS. So, we don't really know what the technology looked like.

Furthermore, Simon Pegg has stated in his blog that time isn't linear for the Kelvin Timeline, either.
    the Kelvin universe can evolve and change in ways that don’t necessarily have to follow the Prime Universe at any point in history, before or after the events of Star Trek '09

So, from the Big Bang to the Heat Death of the Universe, the Kelvin Timeline could have changed any number of details (no matter how big or small) at any point in history, not just the point where the Narada meets the Kelvin.

Although it's from that particular incident that the reality was created, thus the "Kelvin Timeline".​​

Great quote!

And if you assume that the Kelvin Timeline isn't immune to time travel shenanigans (which it absolutely is not) then anything is possible.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    stobg2015 wrote: »

Although it's from that particular incident that the reality was created, thus the "Kelvin Timeline".

Great quote!

And if you assume that the Kelvin Timeline isn't immune to time travel shenanigans (which it absolutely is not) then anything is possible.

Right, it's impossible to say just how many times people time traveled within the Kelvin Timeline further back before the Narada met the Kelvin and altered the technology progression some more.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Well considering this morning's announcement of the 4th Kelvin Timeline film getting greenlit and the following announcement that Chris Hemsworth has signed to reprise his role as George Kirk, it would seem that the KT is both not ending and not immune to further time travel shenanigans.

Damn that JJ Abrams for continuing to fail his way to success.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    At least the Kevlar timeline isn't a Michael Bay franchise, be thankful for small mercies.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    At least the Kevlar timeline isn't a Michael Bay franchise, be thankful for small mercies.
    Yeah, they can't do anything to the Kevlar timeline - it's bulletproof!​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Well considering this morning's announcement of the 4th Kelvin Timeline film getting greenlit and the following announcement that Chris Hemsworth has signed to reprise his role as George Kirk, it would seem that the KT is both not ending and not immune to further time travel shenanigans.

Chris Helmsworth is reprising his role as Sam Kirk? I thought Chris was done with super hero movies after Civil War and was tired of being Captain America?

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Wait until they come across the Krenin Imperium.​​

... or the Kremin one...

:) Well played Iconians...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.