test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

massive contraband nerf coming soon

just wanted to let the people know that the mission to turn over contraband for dilithium is getting

changed from its 4 hour timer currently on live to a 20 hour timer now on tribble and coming soon

thanks

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    honestly, that doesn't impact me that much, since I only turn them in once per day on each of my chars. Thx for the info anyway.
    I'm not even sure how many people actually do them on a 4h rotation.
    Go pro or go home
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Awwww, man....you don't think they are going to turn off DOFFing do you? That's the only part of this game I really like. ::::pout:::
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Tbh thats a gd change. Every 4 hours is to much. I only do once a day and atm im selling the contraband in stacks of 250 for the ec
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I don't mine or farm dil in any way, so the only way this affects me is that if the exchange rate goes down I won't be buying until it goes back up. My money isn't worth anything less than 480
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Admiralty has put far more dil into play than Contraband ever did, so nerf Contraband? Hmm.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Admiralty has put far more dil into play than Contraband ever did, so nerf Contraband? Hmm.

And that's before you see how many events they keep running to dump ever more Dil in...
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Could worst by having it fail more offten
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    Tbh thats a gd change. Every 4 hours is to much. I only do once a day and atm im selling the contraband in stacks of 250 for the ec

It's really baffling how many people in other places I see claiming that it's a good change because THEY can't really do it every four hours anyway. So if you can't do something, it's better if nobody else can either? Here's another flaw to your argument as well; if you're selling contraband for EC, then would it not be bad for you for the EC value of that contraband to be diminished due to the increased cooldown time?

Don't forget that they had already nerfed Turn in Contraband once a few years ago. So many people just shrugged it off and said it wasn't such a bad change, but here we are, with them about to do it again.
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I could do it every 4 hours if i wanted just dnt seem the point. If u have 5 char each doing 1 turn in a day thats still a fair amount per account
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    I could do it every 4 hours if i wanted just dnt seem the point. If u have 5 char each doing 1 turn in a day thats still a fair amount per account

That still does not make it a good change. Maybe good for just you in some convoluted way that involves the enjoyment of the removal of options, but downright terrible for most others.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »

It may be (pure speculation) that they not only took a look at the amount of dil getting in but also at the distribution between different players, and one was preferrable to them than the others.
    darthwoo wrote: »
    That still does not make it a good change. Maybe good for just you in some convoluted way that involves the enjoyment of the removal of options, but downright terrible for most others.

I have no real personal opinion on this, but any change to the economy can hurt beyond "I am directly getting less" and benefit in other ways than "I am comparatively richer (because others are getting less)"
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I don't think this is going to move the needle either way. So neither good nor bad change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    I only just started to use contraband on two of my toons since I never used to and now this happens, it's already bad enough that there's a dil cap per day.
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It's not a big deal. Dil will still be pretty easy to get.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Perhaps it's time for folks to stop "gaming" the game?
    Or at the very least, diminish that mentality.
    Then any changes They make, won't matter at all.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    It may be (pure speculation) that they not only took a look at the amount of dil getting in but also at the distribution between different players, and one was preferrable to them than the others.

Just flat out say that they are removing stuff from KDF.

I blame all the loudmouths who kept bragging that doing the contraband was the only reason they made a KDF character, congratulations now that they've removed that incentive you can go back on your Fed characters like good little peons, keep boosting their metrics and given them more reason to delete the KDF as a whole, thanks a bunch.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I only do this during dilithium weekend and only on 2 characters this time -usually all. However, there are quite a few that do it every single day on MANY characters who exist only to do this. Another option would be to make it level 60 gated to turn in contraband at all. However, I applaud this change, knew it was coming eventually, and think it will move the exchange maybe 20 or so points, maybe more. Lets say player x has 10 characters turning in 5 times a day = 100,000 dil/day. Now it's reduced to 20,000. Sure they could make more accounts and more characters, but it increases the burden and time.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    I don't mine or farm dil in any way, so the only way this affects me is that if the exchange rate goes down I won't be buying until it goes back up. My money isn't worth anything less than 480

:'( 496
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I only do it 1 per day anyways. So this won't effect me at all. I can't get on like that during the day to play. There is stuff I have to do.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    I blame all the loudmouths who kept bragging that doing the contraband was the only reason they made a KDF character, congratulations now that they've removed that incentive you can go back on your Fed characters like good little peons, keep boosting their metrics and given them more reason to delete the KDF as a whole, thanks a bunch.

You are actually blaming the wrong people.

This is a direct result of people complaining about the high Dil to Zen exchange rate. Borticus made a post not too long ago to state that he would look into the issue of the exchange rate that many people were complaining about.

Of course now there are a few Zen sellers who are complaining that they are unwilling to sell Zen on the Dil Exchange if the exchange rate is below 460:1 because their real life cash is worth to them at that point.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    I only do it 1 per day anyways. So this won't effect me at all. I can't get on like that during the day to play. There is stuff I have to do.

Snap, and it's called real life.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    If Cryptic really wanted to make a dent in this, they should nerf contraband rewards from doffing as well. Wouldn't surprise me if they already did this as an unlisted change.
    hypl wrote: »
    If Cryptic really wanted to make a dent in this, they should nerf contraband rewards from doffing as well. Wouldn't surprise me if they already did this as an unlisted change.

No, not really necessary. People use contraband mostly to convert to Dil. There are some Doff missions that uses contraband, but does not reward Dil. All this means is that the supply of contraband will outstrip the demand for contraband because of the 20 hour cool down to convert contraband to Dil. The result is the value of contraband will decrease, thus making it less expensive to purchase on the Exchange.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Awwww, man....you don't think they are going to turn off DOFFing do you? That's the only part of this game I really like. ::::pout:::

I also love doffing, but I don't think nerfing one doff assignment means the end of the whole system.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Perhaps it's time for folks to stop "gaming" the game?
    Or at the very least, diminish that mentality.
    Then any changes They make, won't matter at all.
    B)
    You can wish for it, but it won't happen. It will always be the responsibility of the designers to make a system that doesn't allow "gaming the system".

I guess I am really mostly unaffected by this, because like some others I rarely can turn the task in more than once a day anyway, and I am also okay with Dilithium becoming a tiny bit more valuable compared to Zen. Even though I only sell Zen.

It's not surprising that people that did this before will not like this change.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    hypl wrote: »

Really? I get 99% of my dill elsewhere lol. I don't see this as needing a nerf, although given the fact I rarely do that assignment it doesn't really affect me anyway.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    just wanted to let the people know that the mission to turn over contraband for dilithium is getting

changed from its 4 hour timer currently on live to a 20 hour timer now on tribble and coming soon

thanks

It's nice to know that Cryptic has it's priorities straight. So lets put this into prospective shall we.

1/ Never mind about badly screwed up the actual duty officer system is since the alterations to the sector block borders.
    2/ Then there's the missing duty officer missions for the Romulans.
    3/ There is still a 8-9k refining hard cap in place.
    4/ There are no discernible dilithium sinks in the game (And I don't class the upgrade system as one of them).
    5/ Cryptic took the steps to add Dilithium rewards to multiple facets in the game.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

sqwished wrote: »

thanks

It's nice to know that Cryptic has it's priorities straight. So lets put this into prospective shall we.

[*] Never mind about badly screwed up the actual duty officer system is since the alterations to the sector block borders.
    [*] Then there's the missing duty officer missions for the Romulans.
    [*] There is still a 8-9k refining hard cap in place.
    [*] There are no discernible dilithium sinks in the game (And I don't class the upgrade system as one of them).
    [*] Cryptic took the steps to add Dilithium rewards to multiple facets in the game.​​

The upgrade system is all the dill sink the game needs.

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    gradii wrote: »
    [The upgrade system is all the dill sink the game needs.

So what happens when you've upgraded everything?​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!