test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvins are from Andromeda not a Timeline.

Comments

• Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    age03 wrote: »
    It is not tow different thing and I believe IMDB over wiki alpha.It sure sounds like Kelvins to me as in the episode.

The Kelvin is a ship not a timeline so why refer to it as that?Stop using JJ Abrams as he knows nothing of Star Trek glad it ending.

they are not the same things period so stop with your moronic idiotic theories what you are talking about is the Kelvan Empire from TOS and what we are getting is the Kelvin Timeline which is what star trek 2009, star trek into darkness and star trek beyond takes place in and the Kelvin timeline is named after the USS Kelvin
    Stop calling me an idiot you pe'teq.

That is where this game goes wrong bring JJ in to it as Romulas should still there.It does take place right after St Nemisis and in that time Romulas was there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    *in Simon Pegg voice* "Like this thread! It's exciting!"
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Kjz6Mad.png​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Never seen that episode before, but for some reason I'm very disturbed by that scene. If their from Andromeda I hope they later had an unfortunate encounter with the Iconians ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    It is not tow different thing and I believe IMDB over wiki alpha.It sure sounds like Kelvins to me as in the episode.

The Kelvin is a ship not a timeline so why refer to it as that?Stop using JJ Abrams as he knows nothing of Star Trek glad it ending.

they are not the same things period so stop with your moronic idiotic theories what you are talking about is the Kelvan Empire from TOS and what we are getting is the Kelvin Timeline which is what star trek 2009, star trek into darkness and star trek beyond takes place in and the Kelvin timeline is named after the USS Kelvin

That is where this game goes wrong bring JJ in to it as Romulas should still there.It does take place right after St Nemisis and in that time Romulas was there.

This game takes place in 2409. Nemesis is like 2379 or so. What you talking bout yo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Oh, and Romulas was in the Delta Quadrant because the IRW Haakona was named after the Haakonans which Voyager came across, therefore JJ Abrams is bad and such as.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User

I am calling you an idiot because you are one, you have been told that Kelvan Empire and the Kelvin time line are to different things which you don't seem to get. We only seen the Kelvan Empire in TOS and yet we are getting ships from the Kelvin Timeline again 2 different things and not the same as you put it
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

This game takes place in 2409. Nemesis is like 2379 or so. What you talking bout yo?

Indeed, behold the extensive accounting of how we got from there (Nemesis) to here (2409). It's been a long road.

sto.gamepedia.com/Accolade/Lore

(I'm sorry I couldn't resist the Enterprise callout. I'm ashamed)
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    So... do we spell TROLL with an I or an A?
  • Options

Minions are my favorite, I would so love to have a whole bunch of them and then I'd never have to do anything

• Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Kelvins are from Andromeda if you did happen to watch that episode.imdb.com/title/tt0708422/plotsummary

These are the Kelvins not timeline but from another Galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B78dZ39iSSY

Lord Kelvin was a British scientist who came up with a new temperature scale with 0 = Absolute Zero, ie. no molecular motion.

The USS Kelvin was ship named after Lord Kelvin that was involved with the Incident with the Nero's ship in the alternate timeline. (The first event of our universe's incursion to that timeline.)

Thus: "Kelvin Timeline"

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    unotetsu wrote: »
    Kelvins are from Andromeda if you did happen to watch that episode.imdb.com/title/tt0708422/plotsummary

These are the Kelvins not timeline but from another Galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B78dZ39iSSY

Lord Kelvin was a British scientist who came up with a new temperature scale with 0 = Absolute Zero, ie. no molecular motion.

The USS Kelvin was ship named after Lord Kelvin that was involved with the Incident with the Nero's ship in the alternate timeline. (The first event of our universe's incursion to that timeline.)

Thus: "Kelvin Timeline"

Star Trek 2009 is the start of the Kelvin Timeline as we know it with the Narada, Kirks Crew which consist of the actors Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Leonard Nimoy, Karl Urban etc, which then continues from their with the Kelvin Timeline continuing through Star Trek: Into Darkness and then with the new Star Trek movie Star Trek Beyond

the U.S.S Kelvin from Star Trek 2009 http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Kelvin

Edit: screwed up somehow the quoting and what I just mentioned is put into the quot as well, and not sure how to fix it

• Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

Behold! The U.S.S. Kevin! And the timelines converge into chaos! Much like my 30 second doodling abilities.
    NY3hPBo.png
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    Where the heck is Romulas? Is it anywhere near the former location of Romulus?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    not sure if the Romulans and Romulus has been shown yet in the new Star Trek movies yet, but I would assume that they are still there except for Vulcan
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    not sure if the Romulans and Romulus has been shown yet in the new Star Trek movies yet, but I would assume that they are still there except for Vulcan
    Romulus still exists in the Kelvin Timeline; assuming the whole Hobus supernova thing is still going to happen in that timeline, it's still about a hundred years or so in their future.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    unotetsu wrote: »
    Lord Kelvan was an Andromedan scientist who came up with a new temperature scale with 0 = Absolute Zero, ie. no molecular motion.

The USS Kelvan was ship named after Lord Kelvan that was involved with the Incident with the Nero's ship in the alternate timeline. (The first event of our universe's incursion to that timeline.)

Thus: "Kelvan Timeline"

Lord Kelvan was an alien from Andromeda? Now the whole Fahrenheit vs. Celsius thing makes sense! Aliens!

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Wait until they come across the Krenin Imperium.​​

Dont you dare misspell the great Kremin!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited July 2016

You know... I often find it's more effective to stop spouting stupid TRIBBLE than to ask people to stop calling you an idiot.

'Cause that right there? That's some stupid TRIBBLE.

• Options
    nikeix wrote: »

You know... I often find it's more effective to stop spouting stupid **** than to ask people to stop calling you an idiot.

'Cause that right there? That's some stupid ****.

lsahZA2.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Krenim the Frog was always my favorite Looney Toon.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Then read this and in the show it sound more like vin not van.
    ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/ByAnyOtherName.html
    But why Bring JJ into this as it ruins everything.

Is Hobbes still part of the Calvin Timeline?
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    *reads thread*

5aoxo.jpg

What the ****?
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It's 2410 now Snoggy.

I'm a temporal agent now. My watch is obviously broken!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User

This game storyline starts in 2409, 30 years after the happenings in Star Trek Nemesis, and 22 years after Romulus was destroyed by the Hobus supernova and the disappearance of Ambassador Spock.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Lord Kelvin was Irish.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.