test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvins are from Andromeda not a Timeline.

age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
Kelvins are from Andromeda if you did happen to watch that episode.imdb.com/title/tt0708422/plotsummary

These are the Kelvins not timeline but from another Galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B78dZ39iSSY
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    KelVANS. With an A. The Kelvin Timeline is called that because the point of diversion is the destruction of the USS Kelvin by Nero's ship Nerada.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    "Kelvin" Timeline is referring to the Timeline in the alternate universe which changed from the point forward of the USS Kelvin.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Read the link again as it says Kelvins with an I.

The Enterprise answers a distress call to a verdant planet, only to be met by a group of aliens, called Kelvins...
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    KelVANS. With an A. The Kelvin Timeline is called that because the point of diversion is the destruction of the USS Kelvin by Nero's ship Nerada.

That's NArada. With an A.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    iconians wrote: »
    KelVANS. With an A. The Kelvin Timeline is called that because the point of diversion is the destruction of the USS Kelvin by Nero's ship Nerada.

The Enterprise answers a distress call to a verdant planet, only to be met by a group of aliens, called Kelvins...
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Kelvuns.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    Kelvuns.​​

GET BACK TO THE MARMITE FACTORY!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Wait until they come across the Krenin Imperium.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    age03 wrote: »
    Read the link again as it says Kelvins with an I.

You've linked to IMDB, a website so unreliable that even Wikipedia turns its nose up at them.

Anyone can edit it, the difference is unlike Wikipedia nobody bothers to check if they are right or wrong.
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Kelvuns.

I HATE IT THERE!​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Then read this and in the show it sound more like vin not van.
    ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/ByAnyOtherName.html
    But why Bring JJ into this as it ruins everything.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    Kelvuns.

I HATE IT THERE!​​

GET BACK IN THERE!

I don't know, maybe it was a last minute change, or just a TRIBBLE up which stuck.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User

IMDB is not spelling the name correctly.... the aliens from Andromeda from TOS By Any Other NAme ar ethe KelvAns, not "Kelvins".

It's "Kelvans" they are from the planet Kelva.
  • Options
    darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    the op is talking about the Kelvan Empire http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kelvan_Empire and what we are getting is the Kelvin Timeline completely 2 different things
  • Options
    Kelvuns.

I HATE IT THERE!

GET BACK IN THERE!

MAKE ME!​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I thought it was Kelvynx?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

I still think Section 31 is a Rouge operation.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    It is not tow different thing and I believe IMDB over wiki alpha.It sure sounds like Kelvins to me as in the episode.

The Kelvin is a ship not a timeline so why refer to it as that?Stop using JJ Abrams as he knows nothing of Star Trek glad it ending.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i don't really give a rat's TRIBBLE about your pathetic hearing - it's KELVAN; period, full stop, end of TRIBBLE discussion you moronic TRIBBLE of a fanatic​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    The 'Kelvin Timeline' is referred to as such because the first deviation from the Narada was the destruction of the U.S.S Kelvin - it's a useful shorthand.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    i don't really give a rat's **** about your pathetic hearing - it's KELVAN; period, full stop, end of **** discussion you moronic **** of a fanatic​​
    No need to get hasty if so then don't bother posting no likes for you.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Didn't the Iconeans have vacation property in Andromeda? I was sure that we were going to go there, next, and meet the Kevins.
  • Options

I still think Section 31 is a Rouge operation.

Moulin Rouge Operation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    It is not tow different thing and I believe IMDB over wiki alpha.It sure sounds like Kelvins to me as in the episode.

The Kelvin is a ship not a timeline so why refer to it as that?Stop using JJ Abrams as he knows nothing of Star Trek glad it ending.

they are not the same things period so stop with your moronic idiotic theories what you are talking about is the Kelvan Empire from TOS and what we are getting is the Kelvin Timeline which is what star trek 2009, star trek into darkness and star trek beyond takes place in and the Kelvin timeline is named after the USS Kelvin
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User

The fact of the matter is, it IS in fact, "Kelvans". Memory Alpha only deals with officially mandated sources, and prides itself on doing so; IMDB has been spotty on such things in the past, and frankly, doesn't go into the same level of detail and reporting on Trek that Memory Alpha does.
    Memory Alpha reports it as "Kelvans" basically because CBS itself has clarified it as such.
    It really doesn't matter if you believe that or not, these are just the facts. Sorry if you can't get behind that, though, but it is what it is.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    Guys, guys, guys ... Which is better the new Qo'Nos Class Dredknot or a Kranum Science Vassal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

Well it is a time travel arc. Perhaps we'll come across the Kremlin Imperium?
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options

Well it is a time travel arc. Perhaps we'll come across the Kremlin Imperium?

I'd like to create a Krenin from the Krenin Imperium and learn more about them etc, and do missions for them and so on

This discussion has been closed.