test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

with the ago here in UK

Comments

• Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    They should build a wall and employ Trump to make it, because it'll be a luxurious wall, so beautiful, trust me.
    trumpsoon.jpg?w=1040&h=780
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Make the Iconians pay for it! Make the galaxy great again!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    catsmeatcatsmeat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I don't need this in my game. Please check the real world at the door, it will still be there when you leave this reality free zone.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    gradii wrote: »
    Make the Iconians pay for it! Make the galaxy great again!

They get it.
    donald-trump-pointing-and-laughing.jpg
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    catsmeat wrote: »
    I don't need this in my game. Please check the real world at the door, it will still be there when you leave this reality free zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVKaPkoQQUU

Sorry, had to do it. :D

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Duplicate Post: [Deleted]

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    Odd, somehow my browser double posted..
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    catsmeat wrote: »

This thread is not in your game. It is on an internet message board.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    gradii wrote: »
    The problem with one world government is if it's a corrupt one there's nowhere left to go. Power corrupts, leaving the better option to have multiple places to choose from.

The EU is not the world. But the exact opposite has now happened. We have lost a vital part of oversight. Now the Right Wing can fully get on with their task of more zero hour contracts, removal or workers rights, banning unions and strikes, privatisation of healthcare, privatisation of education, increases power of corporations, removal of the welfare system and protection for the disabled and vulnerable, protection for refugees, and all the other things the EU human rights court, their parliament etc. have been preventing.

We now have no multiple choices. When our government continues turning England into little America, we will not have the EU to turn to for protection.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    The EU was meant as an economic entity to rival other large markets. Fair enough but what it's morphing into many people have a problem with and rightly so. Germany is over here offering to help bail Greece out of country demolishing debt and what is their response? Oh yeah we'll take all your money but TRIBBLE you and your rules we deserve this. The EU allowed this type of behavior and now the successful nations like Germany and the UK were basically obligated to sacrifice themselves and their people to help the poorly run and managed nations. The EU is usurping more and more political power which clearly some people are ok with and some people are not. The biggest issue I see is that EU officials are not elected democratically at all so who really has the power here? The goal of one nation over Europe isn't a bad idea but I question th EU'S approach and clearly I'm not the only one. It is heading nowhere good, they need to start over.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    Star Trek doesn't leave reality at the door. It never has.
  • Options
    In other depressing news the new Star Trek show could very well be unwatchable. The people working on it are thrilled to be on streaming because they say it gives them complete freedom without restrictive ratings to do anything they want... well Star Trek has always been a show every member of the family could enjoy and if they wreck that I will strangle every last one of them in their sleep. It would also fail miserably and get the franchise canned for decades just like Stargate was by that godawful Universe.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    In other depressing news the new Star Trek show could very well be unwatchable. The people working on it are thrilled to be on streaming because they say it gives them complete freedom without restrictive ratings to do anything they want... well Star Trek has always been a show every member of the family could enjoy and if they wreck that I will strangle every last one of them in their sleep. It would also fail miserably and get the franchise canned for decades just like Stargate was by that godawful Universe.

As someone who's dream trek show would be a game of thrones style show set entirely in the mirror universe with a mature rating, I have no problem with this.

If I wrote the pilot for said show, I would get a really big name to play the captain, build him up as a really important character, and right before the closing credits the first officer would vaporize him.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    There's plenty of p.orn on television these days without desecrating one of the few franchises left that's worth a damn. Gene Roddenberry would rise from the grave to hunt down whoever were to do that to his baby.
  • Options
    There's plenty of **** on television these days without desecrating one of the few franchises left that's worth a damn.

I'm going to assume the censored word was a reference to a body part. My reference to game of thrones was not intended to apply to nudity, but rather the brutal violence and frequent surprise deaths. In GoT no one is safe, episode to episode or book to book anyone and everyone can die a horrible death, and that's the type of thing I would want for a mirror universe show.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User

When they say restrictive ratings they mean network ratings.....they wont have to compete for timeslots. Also without being under the oversight of standards and practices they can tackle more issues that would make most network producers uncomfortable.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    The Mirror Universe is/could be a lot of fun but I don't think you could build a show on it. It would lead to too much confusion.
  • Options
    Which makes me uncomfortable, when Star Trek chose to touch on difficult topics it did so gracefully and lightly in a way that made you think without going too far. That episode with Dax and her wife from a previous life is a model example of how such subject matter should be treated. Gene Roddenberry didn't shove things down your throat he came up with a good story to make you think. The interviews we've had so far it appears to me that his successors will not honor his finesse and will drive away much of their potential audience by going hardcore "progressive" or worse. That is not the Star Trek way that is the way of the uneducated and illogical.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    There's plenty of p.orn on television these days without desecrating one of the few franchises left that's worth a damn. Gene Roddenberry would rise from the grave to hunt down whoever were to do that to his baby.
    Have you ever actually watched Gene's Star Trek???

Sex, Drugs and Rock'n Roll were very much at the forefront of his mind.
    smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    I read the interview. Nowhere did they say they were going hardcore progressive. You're jumping to conclusions. BTW Roddenberry didn't even come close to coming up with all those stories to begin with. That was Gene Coon, DC Fontana, Harland Ellis, Maurice Hurley, Tracy Torme, etc.......
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    You know, IBTL posts have been declared a no-no.

I heard that the UK had voted to leave the EU. I wish them luck.

England and Wales voted out. Scotland and NI voted to remain, but obviously their votes don't count, only England's.

Well, one step further back from a united Earth and more petty nationalism.​​

You really shouldn't do massive generalisations like that; what you are deliberately trying to do is present it as a England vs the rest of the UK issue, and it isn't like that.

The actual votes were 62% of Scots who voted voting to remain, which is not “Scotland voted to remain” as that would need to be 100%. Not even a “landslide” or “overwhelming majority” as those imply at least 70-80% if not higher.

3,987,112 voters who were eligible to vote in Scotland: Of them, only 67.2% of them did. When compared to the national average of 72.2% of eligible voters voting, Scots cared less than the rest of the UK; keeping in mind they turned out at 85% for their Scottish Referendum in 2014.

Of that 67.2%, 1,661,191 people voted remain, and 1,018,332 voted to leave. This means that only 41.66% of Scots voted for remain, which is not even a simple majority of Scots.

The only thing you do get right is that listed by local authority it does look like all of Scotland voted remain - but if we use that logic, then 2014 was a ‘landslide’ and 'overwhelming majority’ vote to stay in the UK, given only 4 local authorities voted to leave the UK.

And for Northern Ireland, 55.8% voted remain, 44.2% voted to leave, which is 323,738 voters and 7 out of 18 constituencies. Which is even more damning for your portrayal of the situation than Scotland was.

From the BBC, an organisation who were devoted to being pro-EU throughout: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36614284

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36616830

The twin ironies of this stupid blunder of yours is that the Leave campaign would have lost without the Northern Irish and Scottish voters. The English did not force them out, and if they had voted the way you wanted them to, your post should properly be revised to just over 1.3 million voters deciding whether any of the English 13,266,996 remain, 15,188,406 leave, and Welsh 772,347 Remain and 854,572 leave voters get what they want - and secondly, trying to make this about Irish/Scottish vs English/Welsh is exactly contrary to your supposed ideal of "Well, one step further back from a united Earth and more petty nationalism."

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    That's some really effective manipulation of statistics to attempt to suggest that Scotland can be overruled. Still not as creative as the statistics 'leave' used in the campaign, but creative nonetheless.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's some really effective manipulation of statistics to attempt to suggest that Scotland can be overruled. Still not as creative as the statistics 'leave' used in the campaign, but creative nonetheless.

I thought you'd carry on ignoring the more than a million Scots who voted to leave to suit your agenda. I mean, as you've said: " but obviously their votes don't count, only England's".

And in any case, all I did was state voter numbers and percentages, while using a Pro-Remain source. There was no creativity here, just stating facts quoted from the remain side.

I showed how Scotland and Northern Ireland were not being over-ruled; far from it, they made the bulk of a crucial majority for the leave campaign, without whom the gap between remain and leave would be around 100 thousand votes in Remain's favour, and we wouldn't be having this conversation because your lie that this was a England vs Northern Ireland/Scotland issue would have actually been true.

I still would have commented, given you immediately choose to divide based on nationality, then contradict yourself by positing that international unity is a good thing.
    Post edited by cbrjwrr on
  • Options
    laughingtrendy#5866 laughingtrendy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah that's how it is here in the California. The Cryptic offices are a bunch of turds right now.
  • Options
    Yeah that's how it is here in the California. The Cryptic offices are a bunch of turds right now.

@pwlaughingtrendy imposter detected!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwOJlOI1nU
    Time to launch the escape pod.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Anytime when a small amount of people can control a far larger group of people, caution should be taken, and precautions made to reject leadership when it has gone tryanical, or is a failure.

Enough people in the UK believed the EU was or will be a failure for the people and sovereignty of the UK, and voted to leave, get over it guys.

Now, when are we getting more info on AoY?
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    voted to leave, get over it guys.

Less than 52%. So for nearly every person who voted to leave, another voted to stay. I don't think there's going to be any getting over of the it anytime soon. Especially with the reports that many who voted to leave are either changing their minds or weren't serious about it to begin with and didn't think it would actually happen.

Well whatever. I suppose I can take this as an opportunity to point and laugh at the countries who like to point and laugh at my country. I won't, but I could.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    null

@sarreous

I believe that 52 is more than 48, and the referendum was for a majority, was it not? I am sure if the leavers were the 48, the remainers wouldnt be saying what you are.

Also "people who voted for it are changing thier minds, or werent serious about it", what the heck? Votes have consequences , if you voted, you voted, its not preschool, no backsies', or "that wasnt my real vote, this ones for real". The funny thing about real-life is there are real-cosequences to ones actions, maybe if more people were held to that reality, the world would be closer to the "Utopianistic" vision some see in Star Trek.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

As someone who's dream trek show would be a game of thrones style show set entirely in the mirror universe with a mature rating, I have no problem with this.

If I wrote the pilot for said show, I would get a really big name to play the captain, build him up as a really important character, and right before the closing credits the first officer would vaporize him.

Sean Bean isn't doing anything right now, is he? :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.