What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heinous images in STO event promotions

Comments

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Ya know, I just had a thought. As long as SFD and their associates are drawing all this aggro from the crazies, the crazies are not bothering other players or people on these forums with silly stuff.

So in addition to ensuring your Captain faces down Death yet again with an absolutely stunning set of pearly whites, offering free access to a fully stocked set of maximized Holdings, and throwing some pretty good ingame parties to boot, SFD and their associates are providing a much needed community service. Namely, keeping the attention of the crazies so the rest of us can play this game and visit these forums without harrassment from people who are one Froot Loop shy of a complete breakfast.

While I am not a member of any of their fleets, I am a fan. Sort of. When they do stuff which keeps the crazies focused on them.
    Thank you. Much appreciated. I mean the above sincerely. If anyone reads this as sarcasm, they are mistaken.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    *checks the OP's name*

Quelle surprise!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Here is a random bit of crazy that popped into my mind. Pretty sure it is wrong but still, I found it a bit funny.

Dental are just viral marketers for Something Awful. Think about it. They troll, use big flashy sigs, and leave their name everywhere. People google the name or whatever and find their site then they either lurk giving it ad views or even waste their money to join a forum.

Again, odds are this is just my brain running away from me but who knows. If you don't see in a week know that the SA ninjas got me.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Ya know, I just had a thought. As long as SFD and their associates are drawing all this aggro from the crazies, the crazies are not bothering other players or people on these forums with silly stuff.

So in addition to ensuring your Captain faces down Death yet again with an absolutely stunning set of pearly whites, offering free access to a fully stocked set of maximized Holdings, and throwing some pretty good ingame parties to boot, SFD and their associates are providing a much needed community service. Namely, keeping the attention of the crazies so the rest of us can play this game and visit these forums without harrassment from people who are one Froot Loop shy of a complete breakfast.

While I am not a member of any of their fleets, I am a fan. Sort of. When they do stuff which keeps the crazies focused on them.
    Thank you. Much appreciated. I mean the above sincerely. If anyone reads this as sarcasm, they are mistaken.

you had to bring up fruit loops, didn't you? now i'm forced to do this...
    JACK
    I'm taking this loop off. *He put 2
    blobs of ketsup on the plate.* I'm tellin'
    ya, Teal'C, (softly) If we don't find
    a way out of this soon, I'm gonna loose
    it. *Teal'C TRIBBLE his head looking confused*
    Lose it? It means go crazy ... nuts
    ... (He gets progressively louder and
    faster in his talking!) insane ... Bonzo
    ... *He's putting more ketchup and mustard
    on the plate as he's talking* No longer
    in possession of one's faculties ...
    Three fries short of a Happy Meal ...
    WACKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *He
    shows Teal'C the smiley face he drew
    on the plate*

SG-1-S4-JO-WOO.jpg​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    you had to bring up fruit loops, didn't you? now i'm forced to do this...
    JACK
    I'm taking this loop off. *He put 2
    blobs of ketsup on the plate.* I'm tellin'
    ya, Teal'C, (softly) If we don't find
    a way out of this soon, I'm gonna loose
    it. *Teal'C **** his head looking confused*
    Lose it? It means go crazy ... nuts
    ... (He gets progressively louder and
    faster in his talking!) insane ... Bonzo
    ... *He's putting more ketchup and mustard
    on the plate as he's talking* No longer
    in possession of one's faculties ...
    Three fries short of a Happy Meal ...
    WACKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *He
    shows Teal'C the smiley face he drew
    on the plate*

SG-1-S4-JO-WOO.jpg​​

I suppose I could have chosen a breafast cereal which is higher in fiber and nutrients. But where's the fun in that?
    STO's Public Service Fleet!

And here's hoping Y'all never change! Now, put down that damned fire extiguisher and come give me a hug! lol

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    whoever recorded that clip must not have very good quality speakers, because i remember a VERY different voice from that scene​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    whoever recorded that clip must not have very good quality speakers, because i remember a VERY different voice from that scene​​

Sounds fine to me... And it looks like it was recorded on a computer, not just video taped off a TV screen. No camera sway or distortion to indicate they were recording it with another camera.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    most televisions within the past decade and a half were more than capable of recording something and transferring the resulting recording to a computer for upload without needing to use a video camera​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    It still sounds just fine to me. Could just as easily be a DVD rip.
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    SFD is the best fleet in the game. All they do is help new players and hold events to give away free high end items and services. They also serve as a police force dedicated to driving out ERP and other inappropriate behavior that is not suitable for a family game. This game would not have lasted as long as it has if it were not for the hard work of people like SFD helping to keep this game healthy.
  • Options
    or i just have better quality speakers on my big screen, and that's why it sounds different than the clip did​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    SFD is the best fleet in the game. All they do is help new players and hold events to give away free high end items and services. They also serve as a police force dedicated to driving out ERP and other inappropriate behavior that is not suitable for a family game. This game would not have lasted as long as it has if it were not for the hard work of people like SFD helping to keep this game healthy.

Uh huh... yea... right. Like I believe the Dentals are the reason this game is so successful...
    or i just have better quality speakers on my big screen, and that's why it sounds different than the clip did​​

Probably depending on your computer speakers I guess. *shrug*
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    flumf wrote: »
    Do you intentionally look through the game and website searching for things to be offended by?
    I suspect that Olivia is an alt account created for trolling.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    There are essentially two blocs who hate Dental in the game:

First, the people who, through either narcissism or exhibitionism, believe that the entire playerbase needs to bear witness to, and assist in maintaining the immersion of, erotic roleplay.

The second are people who, contrary to the spirit of Trek, hate anyone who acts charitably. The epitome of 'TRIBBLE you, got mine', these people aren't just satisfied with their own possessions, but actively seek to prevent those they see as undeserving from sharing the wealth.

Why these blocs include a near-total majority of the 'crazy' people in the game is self-evident.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    SFD is the best fleet in the game....
    and the developers love it?
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Well, there went 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back.
  • Options
    There are essentially two blocs who hate Dental in the game:

First, the people who, through either narcissism or exhibitionism, believe that the entire playerbase needs to bear witness to, and assist in maintaining the immersion of, erotic roleplay.

The second are people who, contrary to the spirit of Trek, hate anyone who acts charitably. The epitome of '**** you, got mine', these people aren't just satisfied with their own possessions, but actively seek to prevent those they see as undeserving from sharing the wealth.

Why these blocs include a near-total majority of the 'crazy' people in the game is self-evident.

There is a third bloc. People who almost got doxxed by them. I'm guessing there is another one. People who have been doxxed by them.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    uY3bkZV.jpg​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Dental has never "doxxed" anyone that I've seen, granted I could be wrong, maybe they did it to Xean (but who cares).
    Funny thing with the Xean incident is that based on their stated goals I would have expected them to LIKE Xean....

Hmm.... Phantrosity has posted all of twice this YEAR... and shows up to support Dental....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Dental has never "doxxed" anyone that I've seen, granted I could be wrong, maybe they did it to Xean (but who cares).

Two points. This was in their early days. A friend had to get their @ handle changed thanks to dental also when they tried to do it to me I found a pair of channels they had to turn private after I found them.

Maybe dental got their act together in the later years but I still a bit paranoid that the good work they are doing now is just PR to make up for the doxxing/trolling/other things.

I forgot the second point. That doxxing is bad even if it is a "bad" person. If they did something wrong you take that to the law and don't try taking the law into your hands.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    Congratulations on getting all the attention you wanted, Dentals. Seriously, well done.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I was browsing the news section for annual events held by STO and came across the following: Star Trek Online: 4th Annual Shutup Wesley Event.

LOL!!!

Look long enough on the internet and anyone will find a myriad of things that will offend them.

As for the image itself... Yeah... I suppose I might be offended by it after chugging a 750ml bottle of scotch and inhaling several lines of "white powder" with my US one dollar bill. Which by the way has the Eye Of Providence on the back side of it.

Yeah, the inverted star is truly an "evil symbol" because it has been used on the US Republican Party Elephant Symbol, an organization that is truly attempting to spread evil across the galaxy... Well at least on Earth... but you have to start small before stepping into the major leagues.

3409267.jpeg

Wings? Yeah, wings are evil. This is my official plea to everyone across the world... shot anything with wings on them. Burn all images with wings on them. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR DAUGHTER OR SON DREW THAT PICTURE WITH SOMETHING THAT HAS WINGS ON IT. BURN IT! BURN IT!! BUUUURRRRNNNN IT!!!
  • Options
    benirving#4449 benirving Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    if anyone is interested in a little peak into how nabreeki and thekodanarmada really think, here are their profiles over at the somethingawful forums.

nabreeki:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627820&userid=167001&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

thenkodan:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627820&userid=113812&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

despite all the high minded talk about helping people they do over here, you can see what they really think in their posts over there.
This discussion has been closed.