test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terminal Expanse

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
“Terminal Expanse” will take players not only back in time, but to this strange, alternate “Kelvin Timeline”.

This mission will be available to all players at level 40 and above once Agents of Yesterday launches.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Will this one be on tribble as well? it is missing the line about Tribble testing that all the other Mission Blogs had.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hehe, that looks like the Theed City generator complex
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Wow...

It also looks a bit like this...

episode+one+galactic+senate.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Will this one be on tribble as well? it is missing the line about Tribble testing that all the other Mission Blogs had.
    If it's the same mission, it was on Tribble a while ago but its access was eventually cut because it wasn't supposed to be available at this point.
    Also, according to those who played it, it's great.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I think I speak for the entire STO community when I say missions in the Kelvin Timeline is a positive move, and I look forward to this bold new direction STO is heading.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    iconians wrote: »
    I think I speak for the entire STO community when I say missions in the Kelvin Timeline is a positive move, and I look forward to this bold new direction STO is heading.​​

You're totally not speaking for the entire community, there are a lot of Kelvin Timeline haters out there.
  • Options
    I think I speak for the entire STO community when I say missions in the Kelvin Timeline is a positive move, and I look forward to this bold new direction STO is heading.

You're totally not speaking for the entire community, there are a lot of Kelvin Timeline haters out there.

Are there? I thought it was universally agreed by all that the Star Trek films from the Kelvin Timeline are among the best in the franchise and loved by all Star Trek fans?​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Minions-Quotes-Images-Wallpaper-Pics-27.jpg
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    I think I speak for the entire STO community when I say missions in the Kelvin Timeline is a positive move, and I look forward to this bold new direction STO is heading.

Are there? I thought it was universally agreed by all that the Star Trek films from the Kelvin Timeline are among the best in the franchise and loved by all Star Trek fans?​​

Oh, you're doing that sarcasm thing.
  • Options

Are there? I thought it was universally agreed by all that the Star Trek films from the Kelvin Timeline are among the best in the franchise and loved by all Star Trek fans?

I have no idea what you're talking about.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    Wow...

What you see in the blog is how it looked in the show.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Delphic_Expanse_sphere_set.jpg
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User

Are there? I thought it was universally agreed by all that the Star Trek films from the Kelvin Timeline are among the best in the franchise and loved by all Star Trek fans?

I have no idea what you're talking about.​​

Sarcasm denial on the STO forums? Iconians.
  • Options
    Wow...

I gotta go back and rewatch those ENTERPRISE episodes, my memory seems a bit foggy.

wpid-wp-1436827110116.jpeg
  • Options
    Regardless of the fanbase's admittedly mixed view of the Kelvin timeline, I think this was the next logical move for the game. There are a lot of ENT and VOY haters out there, but there is plenty of ENT and VOY-themed stuff in this game, and if Cryptic turned a profit by introducing it, it stands to reason that there are also people who enjoy ENT and VOY.

And while there are many JJ haters on these forums, there are also JJ fans here (myself included) that would quite possibly pay out the nose to get a Vengeance or a "JJ-Prise."

And maybe the "T6 Connie" crowd will finally shut up! Wouldn't that be something?
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    Wow...

I gotta go back and rewatch those ENTERPRISE episodes, my memory seems a bit foggy.

My memory also becomes foggy after experiencing sufficient mental trauma. I think it's natural that those particular episodes of Enterprise might cause a similar onset of symptoms.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Eh, those episodes were better than *shudder* A Night in Sickbay.
    Og12TbC.jpg

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    If my temporal agent doesn't commit suicide after being thrown 150 years into the future. Making him/her/it relive season 3 of Enterprise will.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Wow...

My memory also becomes foggy after experiencing sufficient mental trauma. I think it's natural that those particular episodes of Enterprise might cause a similar onset of symptoms.​​
    I think the problem is over exposure to Midichlorians. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »
    If my temporal agent doesn't commit suicide after being thrown 150 years into the future. Making him/her/it relive season 3 of Enterprise will.

Well good thing you won't, you're in the JJ Verse TOS era, not Enterprise LOL
  • Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Regardless of the fanbase's admittedly mixed view of the Kelvin timeline, I think this was the next logical move for the game. There are a lot of ENT and VOY haters out there, but there is plenty of ENT and VOY-themed stuff in this game, and if Cryptic turned a profit by introducing it, it stands to reason that there are also people who enjoy ENT and VOY.

And while there are many JJ haters on these forums, there are also JJ fans here (myself included) that would quite possibly pay out the nose to get a Vengeance or a "JJ-Prise."

And maybe the "T6 Connie" crowd will finally shut up! Wouldn't that be something?

I personally do not see many ENT and VOY haters. Of course there are people who does not like these series, but the hate for JJ by some people seens much more intense than for ENT or VOY.

I do think Cryptic is walking on eggs with this decision (as well as Paramount and CBS by insisting on following something that seens to divide more than unite). I just wish the eggs do not crack.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User

You've not been reading the replies on the "Kelvin Timeline" post if you think this is true. Personally i could do with out this, but if its for one mission its not to bad, however this could be a slippery slope.
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User

If the T6 Connie is that pile of TRIBBLE JJ shat out and called the Enterprise, no I know I wont shut up. Even if it allows me to use the Original Enterprise Skin, the thought of allowing that putrescent pile of TRIBBLE near any of my toons sickens me.

And even though I could spend the zen to buy the left over TRIBBLE, I would rather fry my account than allow anything go to support JJ.

• Options

If the T6 Connie is that pile of **** JJ shat out and called the Enterprise, no I know I wont shut up. Even if it allows me to use the Original Enterprise Skin, the thought of allowing that putrescent pile of **** near any of my toons sickens me.

And even though I could spend the zen to buy the left over ****, I would rather fry my account than allow anything go to support JJ.

xe8Nr2u.jpg​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options

If the T6 Connie is that pile of **** JJ shat out and called the Enterprise, no I know I wont shut up. Even if it allows me to use the Original Enterprise Skin, the thought of allowing that putrescent pile of **** near any of my toons sickens me.

And even though I could spend the zen to buy the left over ****, I would rather fry my account than allow anything go to support JJ.

Woah man, calm down, no need for the language.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    As soon as it became clear that Noye was working with the Sphere Builders, a bit of Expanse content was expected, right? While I wasn't a huge fan of Enterprise, I thought the notion of the mysterious Spheres and the Expanse was a great notion for a Trek show. This should be an interesting development for the game.
    As for the crossover to the Kelvin Timeline, I can't really understand all of the hipster griping about it. Yep, it's very different from some of the Star Trek that came before. But it's 2016 now, not 1966. It would be a complete bomb if they made a movie in 2016 that felt like a TV show from 1966. I still love the old Star Trek, and TNG, and DS9, and Voyager. I even appreciated Enterprise for what it tried to present. And I enjoyed the new Star Trek. It revitalized a franchise that Nemesis nearly killed. It's a different tone and a different narrative for a different time. The allegories from the 60s and 70s aren't appropriate anymore.
    Perhaps a visit with Quato is in order, to open your mind!
    200_s.gif

Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User

I think you should stop playing this game. You are being way too emotional over something so very minor.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    Hehe, that looks like the Theed City generator complex
    I can think of three catwalk battles from three different franchises.
    Eh, those episodes were better than *shudder* A Night in Sickbay.
    :: clips toenails ::
    What were you saying?

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Don't worry friend, no one will force you to buy the ship, free will is an awesome human ability.
    Beside, why should we not have the choice to pilot the ship we want.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

I personally do not see many ENT and VOY haters. Of course there are people who does not like these series, but the hate for JJ by some people seens much more intense than for ENT or VOY.

Clearly you haven't seen ESD zone chat. There's always people harping on ENT and Voyager, which isn't unreasonable. They were both heavily written/produced by Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, who killed the franchise with their enormous egos and lack of writing talent.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

Unfortunately they wouldn't-It's not the "T6 Connie" they're looking for :p
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk