test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new UI sneak peek...

1235»

Comments

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    It looks good for a controller, but please do not force this on PC users!

CiVijJOWUAAk06v.jpg:large
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYc0NBVxkk&feature=youtu.be&t=6
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    I believe the Unknown Arc User makes the most cogent points without the current unwarranted hysteria on this topic. He/She wins the Thread.

lol...the forums are wonky as of late

The players aren't much better.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I like our unknown ghost poster below us!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    darakoss wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    I believe the Unknown Arc User makes the most cogent points without the current unwarranted hysteria on this topic. He/She wins the Thread.

lol...the forums are wonky as of late

Just slightly, yeah..
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I like our unknown ghost poster below us!

So do I....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tucker031tucker031 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Of course, it should be noted that the (Firefox) movie linguistic staff members' Russian skills really sucked:

Clint's selection menu -

Ружье (Gun) ok this one makes sense ...

Припасы (Supplies) ... say what? what supplies? Ammo perhaps? how much/what type?

Орудие (Cannon) ... um ... Redundancy anyone?

Снаряды (Shells) ... say again? what, seashells - LOL

Вспышка (Flash) ... as in "camera flash"? too crazy

None of the selections translate to what Clint fired: Rear-firing MISSILE (Ракета сзади стрельбы) - facepalm lol

I thought - could be wrong - that the 6 "cylinders" beneath the engines are supposed to be some sort of "flare/chaff" launcher combination, not a "rear firing missile".

Though I can see the confusion about a "fired" flare looking like a missile with the amount of speed that those two were supposedly doing in that scene...

And you see the silliness in "movie UI design" - though I can see "supplies" = missiles & those chaff/flare things, while shells = cannon ammo.

Though in the aircraft world, there's a difference between a "gun" - usually a Gatling/Vulcan "rotary" type thing and a "cannon" - single barrel "WW II type" weapon. For all we know "MiG 31 - Firefox" had both, never really looked for schematics on the thing...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    That is just horrible. Keep it the hell away from PC.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    Of course, it should be noted that the (Firefox) movie linguistic staff members' Russian skills really sucked:

Clint's selection menu -

Ружье (Gun) ok this one makes sense ...

Припасы (Supplies) ... say what? what supplies? Ammo perhaps? how much/what type?

Орудие (Cannon) ... um ... Redundancy anyone?

Снаряды (Shells) ... say again? what, seashells - LOL

Вспышка (Flash) ... as in "camera flash"? too crazy

None of the selections translate to what Clint fired: Rear-firing MISSILE (Ракета сзади стрельбы) - facepalm lol

I thought - could be wrong - that the 6 "cylinders" beneath the engines are supposed to be some sort of "flare/chaff" launcher combination, not a "rear firing missile".

Though I can see the confusion about a "fired" flare looking like a missile with the amount of speed that those two were supposedly doing in that scene...

And you see the silliness in "movie UI design" - though I can see "supplies" = missiles & those chaff/flare things, while shells = cannon ammo.

Though in the aircraft world, there's a difference between a "gun" - usually a Gatling/Vulcan "rotary" type thing and a "cannon" - single barrel "WW II type" weapon. For all we know "MiG 31 - Firefox" had both, never really looked for schematics on the thing...

The gun/cannon thing could be a mode select switching from between ATA to GTA or indicating you are using the internal gun or a Gun pod on a pylon.
  • memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    > @jeronan said:
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    > @jeronan: Yes. Or I just click on the skill I want.
    >
    > I get that there are creative solutions to these problems on consoles, but all of them are inherently inferior to simply being able to click on it or press a button on your keyboard. If PC players would at any point be forced to use a re-ported console UI it would simply be stupid (porting a six year old game to next gen consoles and then re-porting it back to PC at one time is already madness).​​
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You don't get my post at all do you?! And what difference does it make to press a button on a controller with your finger or pressing a key on a keyboard with your finger? Seriously! /FACEPALM
    > Beyond 12 skills on main hotbar, you will have to use ALT or CTRL combinations, which are more cumbersome than using a trigger on a controller.
    >
    > I am talking about the stupid 4 skill limitation discussion on console that has been going around for years. About how PC games need to be significantly dumbed down because of console! That you can only have 4 active skills on console! All that kind of idiotic comments!
    >
    > Well, Final Fantasy XIV has proven that it's hoghwash and that with good console UI design you can have a full MMORPG experience as on PC!
    >
    > Elder Scrolls Online is Limited to 8 active skills, but I actually like that as you need to make good build decisions combining right skill sets.
    >
    > Same for The Secret World where you are limited to 7 active skills at a time. I have played that MMO extensively and still love it. Made it no less fun at all. And above all, it's only on PC and not available on console.
    >
    > I have played plenty of MMO's With multiple hotbars plastered with useless skills, while only handful are really used most. Just frustrating and pointless.
    >
    > It all comes down to both good game design and UI design.

Well said.
  • dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Could we possibly get a link or let me know where I could go to see that video demonstration? thanks,
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,262 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    It looks good for a controller, but please do not force this on PC users!

CiVijJOWUAAk06v.jpg:large

You rock dude!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    is there are link to the video?
  • koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Ugh... Players are going to have a hard time getting their powers off at the right time with that setup.
    so there is no video? no link? just a simple answer would be appreciated
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    HEY I have a question for those with 2 screens on the pc...... Can you drag all of the UI windows to the 2nd screen and if you can dose it improve your FPS? never mind I already answered my own question the 2nd screen isn't a different pc its just an extension of the original screen :( Maybe we all should just go buy another pc and have the UI on one pc and the game on the other pc...that would be a lot faster than the DV's fixing the current pc UI, this UI fps hog has been around for 6 years if not longer....its not getting any better...hard to enjoy the game on low settings just to be able to play at 8-30 fps. turn off the ui and poof 50-60 fps on high settings..
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    HEY I have a question for those with 2 screens on the pc...... Can you drag all of the UI windows to the 2nd screen and if you can dose it improve your FPS? never mind I already answered my own question the 2nd screen isn't a different pc its just an extension of the original screen :( Maybe we all should just go buy another pc and have the UI on one pc and the game on the other pc...that would be a lot faster than the DV's fixing the current pc UI, this UI fps hog has been around for 6 years if not longer....its not getting any better...hard to enjoy the game on low settings just to be able to play at 8-30 fps. turn off the ui and poof 50-60 fps on high settings..
    Nah, that's a bad idea. Part of the problem is that the game is still rendering everything even if you can't see it....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg