Install Arc
Options

The new UI sneak peek...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    i cant see it ever happening, remember that ms is not willing to cross platform with x1 which means PS4 is in the same boat, the console versions have their own servers and as a result a game engine built around it to work with it for those consoles and servers.

I think MS changed it stance on cross platform a while ago but Sony hasn't. But Cryptic already stated that every platform will run on it's own server regardless of MS or Sony policy. However they also said the console UI might eventually come to the PC version. If it means it'll be replacing the old one or be an option is unknown, though.​​

doesnt matter who stated what, you get the point though.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I believe the Unknown Arc User makes the most cogent points without the current unwarranted hysteria on this topic. He/She wins the Thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I believe the Unknown Arc User makes the most cogent points without the current unwarranted hysteria on this topic. He/She wins the Thread.

lol...the forums are wonky as of late
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    gentooraxgentoorax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Anyone else just pleased it will be available on console and hopefully they'll have fixed the horrendous frame rates on 90% of all ground content. I'll buy a console just not to have to play it in slow motion anymore.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I have a Xbox Controller for a PC it would be interesting if it will a better option (key word here is Option} on using new UI with PC. Right now using it is very bad.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    It looks good for a controller, but please do not force this on PC users!

CiVijJOWUAAk06v.jpg:large
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYc0NBVxkk&feature=youtu.be&t=6
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »

The players aren't much better.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I like our unknown ghost poster below us!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    darakoss wrote: »

Just slightly, yeah..
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I like our unknown ghost poster below us!

So do I....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    tucker031tucker031 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Of course, it should be noted that the (Firefox) movie linguistic staff members' Russian skills really sucked:

Clint's selection menu -

Ружье (Gun) ok this one makes sense ...

Припасы (Supplies) ... say what? what supplies? Ammo perhaps? how much/what type?

Орудие (Cannon) ... um ... Redundancy anyone?

Снаряды (Shells) ... say again? what, seashells - LOL

Вспышка (Flash) ... as in "camera flash"? too crazy

None of the selections translate to what Clint fired: Rear-firing MISSILE (Ракета сзади стрельбы) - facepalm lol

I thought - could be wrong - that the 6 "cylinders" beneath the engines are supposed to be some sort of "flare/chaff" launcher combination, not a "rear firing missile".

Though I can see the confusion about a "fired" flare looking like a missile with the amount of speed that those two were supposedly doing in that scene...

And you see the silliness in "movie UI design" - though I can see "supplies" = missiles & those chaff/flare things, while shells = cannon ammo.

Though in the aircraft world, there's a difference between a "gun" - usually a Gatling/Vulcan "rotary" type thing and a "cannon" - single barrel "WW II type" weapon. For all we know "MiG 31 - Firefox" had both, never really looked for schematics on the thing...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    That is just horrible. Keep it the hell away from PC.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    Of course, it should be noted that the (Firefox) movie linguistic staff members' Russian skills really sucked:

Clint's selection menu -

Ружье (Gun) ok this one makes sense ...

Припасы (Supplies) ... say what? what supplies? Ammo perhaps? how much/what type?

Орудие (Cannon) ... um ... Redundancy anyone?

Снаряды (Shells) ... say again? what, seashells - LOL

Вспышка (Flash) ... as in "camera flash"? too crazy

None of the selections translate to what Clint fired: Rear-firing MISSILE (Ракета сзади стрельбы) - facepalm lol

I thought - could be wrong - that the 6 "cylinders" beneath the engines are supposed to be some sort of "flare/chaff" launcher combination, not a "rear firing missile".

Though I can see the confusion about a "fired" flare looking like a missile with the amount of speed that those two were supposedly doing in that scene...

And you see the silliness in "movie UI design" - though I can see "supplies" = missiles & those chaff/flare things, while shells = cannon ammo.

Though in the aircraft world, there's a difference between a "gun" - usually a Gatling/Vulcan "rotary" type thing and a "cannon" - single barrel "WW II type" weapon. For all we know "MiG 31 - Firefox" had both, never really looked for schematics on the thing...

The gun/cannon thing could be a mode select switching from between ATA to GTA or indicating you are using the internal gun or a Gun pod on a pylon.
  • Options
    memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    > @jeronan said:
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    > @jeronan: Yes. Or I just click on the skill I want.
    >
    > I get that there are creative solutions to these problems on consoles, but all of them are inherently inferior to simply being able to click on it or press a button on your keyboard. If PC players would at any point be forced to use a re-ported console UI it would simply be stupid (porting a six year old game to next gen consoles and then re-porting it back to PC at one time is already madness).​​
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You don't get my post at all do you?! And what difference does it make to press a button on a controller with your finger or pressing a key on a keyboard with your finger? Seriously! /FACEPALM
    > Beyond 12 skills on main hotbar, you will have to use ALT or CTRL combinations, which are more cumbersome than using a trigger on a controller.
    >
    > I am talking about the stupid 4 skill limitation discussion on console that has been going around for years. About how PC games need to be significantly dumbed down because of console! That you can only have 4 active skills on console! All that kind of idiotic comments!
    >
    > Well, Final Fantasy XIV has proven that it's hoghwash and that with good console UI design you can have a full MMORPG experience as on PC!
    >
    > Elder Scrolls Online is Limited to 8 active skills, but I actually like that as you need to make good build decisions combining right skill sets.
    >
    > Same for The Secret World where you are limited to 7 active skills at a time. I have played that MMO extensively and still love it. Made it no less fun at all. And above all, it's only on PC and not available on console.
    >
    > I have played plenty of MMO's With multiple hotbars plastered with useless skills, while only handful are really used most. Just frustrating and pointless.
    >
    > It all comes down to both good game design and UI design.

Well said.
  • Options
    dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Could we possibly get a link or let me know where I could go to see that video demonstration? thanks,
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    It looks good for a controller, but please do not force this on PC users!

CiVijJOWUAAk06v.jpg:large

You rock dude!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    is there are link to the video?
  • Options
    koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Ugh... Players are going to have a hard time getting their powers off at the right time with that setup.
  • Options
    so there is no video? no link? just a simple answer would be appreciated
  • Options
    joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    HEY I have a question for those with 2 screens on the pc...... Can you drag all of the UI windows to the 2nd screen and if you can dose it improve your FPS? never mind I already answered my own question the 2nd screen isn't a different pc its just an extension of the original screen :( Maybe we all should just go buy another pc and have the UI on one pc and the game on the other pc...that would be a lot faster than the DV's fixing the current pc UI, this UI fps hog has been around for 6 years if not longer....its not getting any better...hard to enjoy the game on low settings just to be able to play at 8-30 fps. turn off the ui and poof 50-60 fps on high settings..
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    HEY I have a question for those with 2 screens on the pc...... Can you drag all of the UI windows to the 2nd screen and if you can dose it improve your FPS? never mind I already answered my own question the 2nd screen isn't a different pc its just an extension of the original screen :( Maybe we all should just go buy another pc and have the UI on one pc and the game on the other pc...that would be a lot faster than the DV's fixing the current pc UI, this UI fps hog has been around for 6 years if not longer....its not getting any better...hard to enjoy the game on low settings just to be able to play at 8-30 fps. turn off the ui and poof 50-60 fps on high settings..
    Nah, that's a bad idea. Part of the problem is that the game is still rendering everything even if you can't see it....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg