Options

lol space wheelbarrow!

borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
d7243957e7853e2d148e3c83a4e94ad71461952194.jpg
Sto%20Final.png

Comments

• Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Others may well disagree with me, but I think that is possibly the ugliest ship design I have ever seen in any kind of Star Trek content.
  • Options
    borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    Others may well disagree with me, but I think that is possibly the ugliest ship design I have ever seen in any kind of Star Trek content.

i agree with you however the other ships 5 bottom ones in the list do look sweet but im not sure if im ready to spent £100!

Sto%20Final.png
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User

I don't disagree at all. I thought the "bubblehead" sci ship was ugly, but this.....?

Also, the front of the nacelles seem to be made of colored glass. You can see the ship's hull through the one on the left.
  • Options
    cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    i really dont like the nacelle styling they are like lipstips jammed onto the side of the ship. I can see what they are trying to do putting in a link to the enterprise J but i think its a bit forced.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    borgx666 wrote: »

i agree with you however the other ships 5 bottom ones in the list do look sweet but im not sure if im ready to spent £100!

I'm in the same position - I love the Paladin, Theseus, Ouroboros and Sagittarius (not massively keen on the Eternal, but it's tolerable) but that thing...dear God, no. There seems to be some debate as to whether the new T6 temporal ships will only be useable on characterrs created for the expansion or whether our current characters can have them too. Assuming the latter, which would seem far more likely to me, I will more than likely cave in and get the pack at some stage. The more I look, the more I like the looks of most of the more modern ships, and the TOS-aesthetic on the others will serve its purpose.

The space wheelbarrow though...still no.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    It's Cinco de mayo and they released a wheelbarrow. Not saying there is a coincidence, but there might be a coincidence.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    With some decent looking warp nacelles it would be somewhat acceptable, unique but ok. If you put them in relation to the ship's windows you get a sense of how big these nacelles have to be. It's an abomination.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I have a rather different perspective on aesthetics then most people. I appreciate uniqueness rather than more of the same.

Is she gonna be winning any beauty contests anytime soon? No, but I can appreciate her for more then just her looks. I'm not that shallow... ;)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I dunno... Looks like Deadulus/OLympic variant, and they are all a bit on the ugly side. (By which I mean I hated them when I flew them. Going from the Nova to the Olympic variants was a total downgrade on my first char.) But I know there are golfball fans out there.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    I dunno... Looks like Deadulus/OLympic variant, and they are all a bit on the ugly side. (By which I mean I hated them when I flew them. Going from the Nova to the Olympic variants was a total downgrade on my first char.) But I know there are golfball fans out there.

This is what I'm hoping for.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It's different, different is good. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    ^^ basically what I said. And I agree. Besides let's not forget that beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Majority opinion means nothing because we've all spent our lives being Indoctrinated to believe certain things are aesthetically pleasing and others are not with little chance to make up our own minds. After all a few hundred years ago being slightly overweight was considered extremely attractive.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    ^^ basically what I said. And I agree. Besides let's not forget that beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Majority opinion means nothing because we've all spent our lives being Indoctrinated to believe certain things are aesthetically pleasing and others are not with little chance to make up our own minds. After all a few hundred years ago being slightly overweight was considered extremely attractive.

too be fair it still is depending on what your into... I'm going with this ship is not sexy at all though.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    Looks like a Roomba and two popsicles got married and this was the offspring that resulted from the consummation of that marriage... :PP
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    Perhaps but it is unique which is what I value above all else. That's why I bought the Na'Kuhl ships as well.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    For me the nacelles just dont look TOS or anything else.Trek Not just this ship either. I thought it was a joke at first. Man was I wrong.

Edit: Now I know what they remind me of, take a look at some of the Klingon ships. T5-6
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    The Daedelus skin is compatible.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User

I have to disagree with you my good Sir, I'm quite fond of this design myself actually.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    borgx666 wrote: »
    LOL SPACE WHEELBARROW!

Cannot unsee. XD

"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Perhaps but it is unique which is what I value above all else. That's why I bought the Na'Kuhl ships as well.
    Yes, but "unique" doesn't mean ugly. The Na'kuhl ships are certainly very unique, but they look good too. This ship is just really odd-looking and unflattering in many ways. I'd like it more if the "wheel" section was rotated so that it was parallel with the rest of the ship's frame. Then it would have a proper saucer section.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though. I'm just saying that you can make a ship unique-looking without it coming out ridiculous.
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    Looks like someone stuck a pair of Warp Nacelles on a frakking bike wheel to me.

And yes, normally I'm willing to give ships the benefit of the doubt in regards to appearance, but the Nautilus? No, just no, it's going to need GREAT stats if I'm going to use it.
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    Ah but in space there is no up and down so why can't the saucer section be flipped?
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Guys there's always atleast one ugly looking ship in an expansion pack.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    If I can use the Olympic skin and it has great stats I'd consider it. I guess time will tell.
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    At least it's graceful. More than we can say for a lot of Fed ships we've been stuck with.
  • Options
    daendaedaendae Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Looks like a Roomba and two popsicles got married and this was the offspring that resulted from the consummation of that marriage... :PP

We should TOTALLY have a Roomba ship XD
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    I fully expect to see a few of these named USS Pizza Cutter or some variation on the theme of Pizza Cutter.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I think I'll name mine "Alien Deathball"