test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is your #1 ship in the game?

13»

Comments

• whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    For me it got to be the Tactical Command Battlecruiser; they're pretty much the "Jack of all Trades" of STO.
    However, I'm willing to take other ships (such as T6 Oddy, Pilot vessels, etc) out for a spin once in a while. Either a change in pace or the mission recommends a set of tactics skills and what not for best results.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    The very best looking is the Hegh'ta BoP from the Klingon faction. With a Reman or Honor Guard shield slotted, that thing just oozes sexy.

The best Fed ship, as in fun to play and pretty too, is the Recon Sci. Mine has no mission pod: that funks up its smooth lines. The Reconnaissance Science Vessel is also hard to kill, easy to maneuver, and packs a good punch if you use Sci powers effectively. Toss a Quantum Torpedo Spread III into a pack of NPC ships locked down by a GWIII and you have serious explosions.

The best looking of the Romulan ships is the Mogai. I have not played the fleet versions of it yet, but it is fantastic in its tier, and Romulan ships just get bulkier and fatter and harder to maneuver from that point on.
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Plenty of good looking ships in the game (mostly older ones) but I think I'll go with jem'hadar dreadnought carrier. It may be old but it looks great. I'm not very pleased with visuals of last 2 box ships.
  • avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    Fleet Ha'Feh, Kara parts, Reman Type2 Materials, Black and Red colors, Virgo-Orion-Virgo Patterns *_*
    Its sad for a ship like that to have such few love from the devs ... its design is really great !

I also like the Akira Class for the FED, but not as much as that Ha'Feh !
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Cell ship.
    /channel_join grind
  • glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    For me me it is my Fleet Galaxy X. The Boff layout is not ideal but she packs a whallop and can hang in a fight because of her hull strength. Oh and has fighters.

My Rom favourite is my Mogai Refit. She looks cool and she packs dual heavy cannons. Perfect alpha strike warbird.
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I may be picking some odd ones, but anyway:

Fed: t-6 fleet Akira class with the t-5 Odyssey is a close second. Both ships are very appealing on the eye to me, but the Akira wins out on the basis of having a great turn rate and the hanger bay.

Rom: t-5 Scimitar, with the Jhu'ael class tactical Warbird and Ha'apax class as close seconds. The hangerbay is a key selling point for me on all three of these ships, however the Scimitar wins becuase despite it being a cruiser, I like its maneuverability.

KDF: Negh' Var battlecruiser with the Kar'fi battle carrier as a close second. Negh' Var screams manueverable tank. I would put the Kar'Fi above the Negh' Var if it came with a custom bridge.

Small Craft: Delta Flyer. Very Nimble little ship, though I wish it had a custom bridge.

Universal: Advanced Obelisk Carrier with the Vonph Carrier a very close second, the Obelisk wins for me becuase of its impressive defenses and it has a real sleek aesthetic to it, as well as really sweet bridge. The Vonph is only slightly behind becuase I haven't had a chance to try one, but it is also a good looking ship, that packs a punch.

My apologies for the rant.
  • kobogeekobogee Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    My D'Kora love it will never dock it.
    Rock
    Staff Officer Access Denied
    Commander of Fleet Dysfunction & Disinfection

Other people are bright;
    I alone am dark.
    Other people are sharp;
    I alone am dull.
    Other people have purpose;
    I alone don't know.
    I drift like a wave on the ocean,
    I blow as aimless as the wind
    -Lao Tsu
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I will kindly point you to the ship pictured in my signature, the beautiful Excalibur class.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    May seem a bit obvious but my favourite is the Paradox Temporal Destroyer, 088f51332208ae6981ef6cc2f2905fcc1453914401.png
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    My favorite ship of all time in STO is the Jem’Hadar Strike Ship.

Fast, tough, beautiful and deadly.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    deokkent wrote: »
    Not sure if I already posted here but my favorite has to be the rhode island otherwise known as the nova class retrofit. What a beautiful science ship.

Absolutely; we just need a T6 version!

TAKE MY MONEY! Fit perfectly for my lvl 56 fed sci officer. Have the mirror version, still waiting on the Rhode Island class that Harry Kim has with all the new bells and whistles.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1