Options

It's time for ISE/KSE

13»

Comments

• Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I can only agree and repeat what I said elsewhere:

We need Elites for the rest of the queues. ISE, KSE, CSE, CCE etc...

This would go a long way in making end-game content somewhat proportioned to the "pew pew" at our disposal.

Powercreep is, IMO, a good thing overall. It provides the playerbase a sense of progress. At the same time, however, you need the content to put all this potential to good use. STO suffers from a severe lack of this kind of content.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Maybe because having only an Elite Queue has also kept people away as they cannot learn in a Normal or Advanced Korfez. Stupid decision.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Is it really unpopular?

Korfez (or FEZ) runs are called out almost as often as ISA runs in the DPS channels. Maybe the "Elite" tag is why it isn't being run in public queues as often.

Also, the lack of a Normal or Advanced may turn-off players since they don't have a chance to practice before heading into an Elite. I for one avoided this queue for a long time just because of that (I did not want to run in blind and affect the team).
  • Options
    squirrleytunicsquirrleytunic Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I like Fez, I just wish they would put the green lanes in from GGA/GGE so people could actually figure out Benthans. Pick a lane, stay by the ships, kill anything that comes close to them. Don't just fly around and kill every enemy on the map. I still would not call this an elite pve though, it is by far one of the easiest if you have a bit of brains.
    shinnok918 wrote: »

its actually the quick isa run that caused me to post this. I will not even play with...

I am sorry man, I wouldn't be in advanced content if they would bring back the rest of the elites. The state of the lag has caused tons of very high dps players to flood into pug runs. I can't blame them at all, they just want to find a way to be able to play the game. The relatively small number of buffs the pugs tend to use seem to make our runs much smoother, generally only locking up for a few seconds at a time.

The other option Cryptic could do is let us easily start private matches with less than the max number of people. If I didn't have to get warpers to setup a two or three man every time, I would do that instead of pugging and then you wouldn't have to deal with me. I can't speak for the other guys you mentioned.

This would allow immediate relief to advanced queues, challenging content for power creep, and lag all at the same time. At least until more permanent solutions can be developed like fixing the lag and creating elite content.
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User

What makes me wonder though is why all those peeps around here asking the Borg STFs to be changed don’t use the multiple other enemies/maps around to give themselves a good time?
    Because they are a lot harder than ISA.
    People spam ISA because its quick and easy.
    If anyone in this thread actually wanted a challenge they WOULD be playing the other maps. But they don't want a challenge.

The dirty little secret they think they are clever by not mentioning is that they think they can get an easy ELITE reward box.
    They think ISA is so very easy and very quick, an elite version will just be a little tougher and a little longer. But not by much. This way they can get ELITE reward box for 5-10 min work.

Mark my words, if ISE ever came out, and it was as hard as these people pretend to want, and it took 20-30 min like other queues, it would be as dead as those other queues as well.

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    IF an elite version of Infected Space is ever introduced then i hope it throws every dirty trick in the book at the player.
    Feedback Pulse from transformer/gate if connected to resp. generators/transformers. The Borg adapt so any power is possible.

Viral matrix, shield drain, EptX and so forth. Hopefully the 10% rules will have to be reinstated to finish the queue.
    Make teams wish they had access to a well equipped science vessel piloted by a competent player.

Just don't continue the farce called ISA with some additional hit points thrown in the mix.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    iceeaglex wrote: »
    This way they can get ELITE reward box for 5-10 min work.

We can already do that. HSE for example has been nerfed to the ground where it's nothing more than a DPS cakewalk where it used to require a balanced team to survive. It's actually down to less than 5 mins now on a hi-end team. Some people have done it in 2 mins too.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    iceeaglex wrote: »

The dirty little secret they think they are clever by not mentioning is that they think they can get an easy ELITE reward box.
    They think ISA is so very easy and very quick, an elite version will just be a little tougher and a little longer. But not by much. This way they can get ELITE reward box for 5-10 min work.

If I wanted quick elite boxes I would just do ground elite tours in Subcomms like the good old days. I do not run any content on my main for rewards anymore, only for fun.

We could be asking for advanced content to be made much more challenging, but that would just hurt a large portion of the community. We would just like elite versions of popular queues so everyone can have fun and game in peace.
  • Options
    sonsofcainsonsofcain Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Wow. Where to begin . . .

OK, so you don't want high-DPS players in your queue, but you don't think adding elite versions of those same queues is a good idea? Fine, let's forget that this doesn't make any sense. Give us some say in the creation of new queues. If not, the only way for the game to stay relevant is to give players new toys (which they did) and increase the difficulty.

Knocking the DPS community, which some clearly have a slanted and grossly over-generalized view of is productive how? The PvP community (which oh by the way is rather small itself) isn't free of its "snobs" and one trick ponies either. Pot. Kettle. Black.

The only time nerfing is good, is never. Look at the skepticism it instills in the player base. We don't fear that our new skills/gear/traits/etc. will get nerfed. We expect it. If a players grinds, or spends RW money to acquire a new whatever, he or she should have a reasonable expectation that said whatever will perform just as well in six months as it did the day he or she bought it, not worse.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    sonsofcain wrote: »
    Wow. Where to begin . . .

The only time nerfing is good, is never. Look at the skepticism it instills in the player base. We don't fear that our new skills/gear/traits/etc. will get nerfed. We expect it. If a players grinds, or spends RW money to acquire a new whatever, he or she should have a reasonable expectation that said whatever will perform just as well in six months as it did the day he or she bought it, not worse.

Right now we're seeing the exact opposite thing happening: insane damage buffs that no one really worked or paid for.

Nerfing is good, if it happens after 50-100% buffs that were completely unnecessary and which turned 90% of the game in an even bigger joke.

I don't think anyone has said that they do not wish to see elite queues. What people have said, however, is that those queues shouldn't be added as compensation for the fact that their advanced versions are even easier than before the skill revamp. Further, suggestions were made that those elite queues should do more than just add HP, shield points and resistances.

Elite queues should be added, but that doesn't mean that the heavy DPS inflation we've seen over the last couple of weeks (which came on top of the power creep that had already been occuring in the months before) shouldn't be adressed. Cause to call something truly 'elite', you need advanced versions that aren't as laughable easy as they are now, or 90% of the game would soon have to play 'Elite' content if they want something of a challenge.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Some of you may know that I've argued for a very long time in favor of a casual friendly game. However, I have to say that the skill revamp has made things too easy. I think it's the shield and hull penetration mostly.

To fix is more of a problem. I suppose they could give away another respec token if they nerf penetration. The other option would be to buff the enemies, but this would cause outcry from the casuals. Then the last option would be to introduce more elite levels. I favor this last approach.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    I do want these too. Mostly because:

Hive has elite versions on ground and space

and so does Borg Disconnected.

There's literally no discernible reason that I could see why these were omitted. That and CCE!
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    ISE/KSE is needed

not because i do too much DPS
    EVERYONE ELSE does too much DPS.
    I been parsed at no higher than 17k, that is decent dps but not some end all be all 30-second ISA time, i still have to work even at that level.

yet i'm put into pugs with people doing 156k damage, the first round of enemies, all of them killed in the length of 2 rapid fire cannon volleys. I got up to a sphere, shot one time, suddenly a grav well goes off, then i shoot a second time as the sphere is being pulled it, half my shots connect before it blows up and I get the next instructions prompt. All the enemies died in a manner of 5 seconds, and it certainly wasn't from me. I've been into games recently where I blow up the 4th generator to make the transformer vulnerable, I turn to start my attack run and the transformer blows up from being hit with multiple 100K dps wizards just as I am about to start my attack. 30 seconds each phase was at it's LONGEST.

again, everyone else is doing oodles of DPS and it takes the challenge away from ME. Give them ISE/KSE so they can frolick over there and I can actually enjoy my STFs again, there was more to it than just the reward, there was the panic of having to prioritize targets if someone was TRIBBLE up, emergency grav wells or tractor beams just to buy your team more time to take down the transformer. Even the hard times had it's place, like wondering why the transformer is going down so slowly, then you look around and realize everyone else is attacking the spheres (not the healing nanite ones) and you see those nanite spheres creeping closer and closer so you have to TRIBBLE at them to stop attacking the adds and focus.
  • Options
    miirik wrote: »
    ISE/KSE is needed

not because i do too much DPS
    EVERYONE ELSE does too much DPS.
    I been parsed at no higher than 17k, that is decent dps but not some end all be all 30-second ISA time, i still have to work even at that level.

yet i'm put into pugs with people doing 156k damage....

Unfortunately, this will become more of a norm than a rare occurrence. The power creep caused by the skill revamp and new specialization has allowed many more people into that 150k+ range than ever before. When these types of people try to play together, there is massive lag and not enough hitpoints to go around so pug queues are the obvious choice. I've seen many people post pug parses in the channels lately, laughing that multiple high dps people have wound up in the same queue. This relegates many average players to mere spectators, which I would assume is not the most fun.

The two things that will help alleviate the situation are elite versions of popular content and the reduction of lag due to power activation. I do ask that if/when we do get our elite content, people don't come to the forums complaining that they are too hard for the average person to complete.

I've mentioned before that a stop gap measure could easily be implemented, allowing us to easily start private versions of this content with less than the 5 required people. This would help get ultra high dps players out of typical pug queues and would allow for more of a challenge if people want to try it.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I've mentioned before that a stop gap measure could easily be implemented, allowing us to easily start private versions of this content with less than the 5 required people. This would help get ultra high dps players out of typical pug queues and would allow for more of a challenge if people want to try it.

I've noticed high DPSers suddenly appearing in greater numbers in advanced queues judging by how much easier everything is and how practically no one even receives damage anymore. I used to enjoy pugs cause there'd be some sense of difficulty due to randomness, especially on alts with budget or free gear. Now everything gets taken out real quick and it's DPS or nothing type gameplay that simply continues along the lines of Delta Rising.

One thing I'd like mentioned that hasn't yet in this thread is Power Disparity between players which is completely off the scale and has been since DR only much worse as more time goes by, paired with continued catering to DPS only and timer conditions. There's no strategy left since the pace of the game combined by the amount of sustained and burst damage mostly outgoing but sometimes incoming means keybind buffs are a must and everything else (drains, drawing aggro for tank, disables, attack strategies, etc.) which used to have a place now cast on the side, at least for end-game content on mains.

There's no going back at this point, and despite the many warning signs myself and many others issued and discussed since DR, it's been a steady power creep forward. I distinctly remember one person questioning me with "what powercreep?" completely oblivious to what was happening. This is their mess they've dug themselves into, and their responsibility to find some new way to balance it for others like myself who are still trying to find enjoyment - and challenge - in the game, especially since they refused to give us PVP.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    You are right about the power creep but the disparity between high end and low end isn't due to gear IMO. You can pretty much get up to 40-50k now with free gear from mission rewards. That's not even using anything above Mk. XII VR, fleet or rep gear. With fleet gear, you can get up to 60k or higher on a non-tac.

Now for the 100k and up players flooding PUGs, it's really due to lag. A lot of them are now running PUGs to avoid high DPS'ers like themselves. Since the revamp, high DPS teams lag like crazy due to all their skill, trait, individual buffs, team buffs and haste stacking. It may see there are more of them, but judging from the tables, it's mostly the same players and they are still the minority.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Ise / kase / cse is soooo needed. I was doing isa / kasa and csa in my T2 exeter with no problems
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Most of the advanced queues these days run like this in my experience:

1) wait for queue to pop and join.
    2) Everyone stays silent whilst waiting for the timer to count down, nobody even considers being remotely sociable.
    3) Once it starts everyone charges in full tilt with all buffs fired up.
    4) half the team spams BFAW and kills most of the map without even targeting. Everyone else goes into "fire everything" mode in the vain hope they get some damage in and avoid being afk.
    5) run lasts around 5 mins at the most.
    6) people collect their marks and leave without saying a word to each other. Someone maybe posts a parse in chat.
    7) rinse and repeat for the next queue not on cooldown.

There is barely any reason to think in these runs now, just dash in fire all your guns in one go and the leave with your daily marks package. Powercreep is only good in terms of progression if the content can keep up; sadly the game is being left in the dirt.
    Another issue touched on here is the disparity between new players and the top tier. The fact that everyone is in the same instances and queues makes it even more ridiculous. They took away all our rep passives as we we too powerful compared to new players but then added a metric tonne of ways that an older player will outclass a newbie so undid all their own work.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    They need to make advanced content more intelligent too. They have to make DPS a crutch, NPCs should have the ability to sci spam (especially the Borg) FBP and scramble sensors with a little full strength GravWell 3 to watch them pop each other with their FAW spam. I can almost imagine the rage in the forums.

"ISA is too hard with the sci spam!"
    "Borg shouldn't have sensor scramble and GravWell3"
    "NPCs are too difficult, nerf NPCs!"
    "My 500mil EC build 100k DPS build is useless now, thanks a lot cryptic!"

Make it happen! Muwahahahahahahahahaha!!!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »

I've noticed high DPSers suddenly appearing in greater numbers in advanced queues judging by how much easier everything is and how practically no one even receives damage anymore.

Indeed - but part of the issue is also that there are more 'high DPSer's' thanks to the preposterous power creep.

It should also be noted that most high DPS players currently take the most lag producing abilities with them. Throw 4 or 5 together in a team and the game gets unplayable. That’s why many of them (including me) started to pug much more than they did before in the high hopes they get a lucky team full of peeps that don’t use a lot of abilities. Game still runs halfway smooth then giving them (us) a better time to test undisturbed.

I’m particular disappointed in some DPSer atm. Looks like the anonymity of pugs eagers a few of them (us) to artificially generate high DPS numbers by doping the ISA main gate. They let players unaware of it clear the trash (so the rest of the map) while returning home with some unreasonable high numbers.

My friends and I parsed dozens of ISA runs the past week and I was somewhat disappointed what proclaimed “DPS-Integrity” means for some in reality when they think nobody is watching…
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    sonsofcainsonsofcain Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    So how are defining "high DPS?" Assuming you're at least a semi-capable pilot, putting together a ship that can do 50K is unbelievably easy and requires no fancy ships, consoles, doffs or traits (basically stuff that doesn't cost Zen or Lobi), which I was able to do in a Tier 4. And no, this wasn't an all Epic MK14 ship.

Seeing as how 50K is more than enough to hold your weight in any queue, and can easily be surpassed in a Tier 5/5U (which is given to players for free), I'm not sure why people are so upset that others are doing >100K.

Theme, STB, niche, and other off-meta builds can now easily achieve the necessary specs to perform well in elite queues. I get that a lot of players don't care about optimizing their ships, and that's fine, but if don't care eniugh to put the minimal amount of effort required to pull their weight in advanced queues, then they should stick to normal and solo content.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I’m particular disappointed in some DPSer atm. Looks like the anonymity of pugs eagers a few of them (us) to artificially generate high DPS numbers by doping the ISA main gate. They let players unaware of it clear the trash (so the rest of the map) while returning home with some unreasonable high numbers.

My friends and I parsed dozens of ISA runs the past week and I was somewhat disappointed what proclaimed “DPS-Integrity” means for some in reality when they think nobody is watching…

This right here is why i'm becoming somewhat sceptical of a lot of claimed DPS numbers posted. I know there are genuine people out there who can rock up with numbers like that with no funny business, I've run missions with many of them.
    But there's always this assumption that people are telling the truth about their numbers and are registering those numbers if a "fair" way. Sitting in ISA spamming the invincible gate whilst the team does all the work is doing nothing but giving a number that means absolutely nothing in reality, but yet people will still wear it as a badge of honor to lord it over other players.

It's a disappointing turn of events in a game that's so obsessed with DPS.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    I was really vocal back then on my opposition of removing failures in Advanced. I still stand by that. Removing failures meant people no longer cared about doing a map right. All that matters now is that reward box at the end of the run.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I miss the mandatory "optionals" I only started after DR and it's all I ever knew, it made me get good enough to be able to turn the tide as it were so it didn't always fail, now I'd kill for an elite version of any/all of the old queues

Same - I enjoyed the sense of urgency that came with those.

On another note, would be great to team up with you again - that one particuar instance of ISA, that we both likely remember and that you once posted about, was probably my personal 'finest STO moment' .

[post removed cuz not worth it]
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I would not be opposed to getting some new Elite content.
    Honestly don't know why we don't have them already.

PS: Bring back No Win Scenario please.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg