test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time for ISE/KSE

with the advent of the new skill tree and seeing how things have turned out it seems now would be the time to introduce ISE (Infected: Conduit Elite) and KSE (Khitomer Vortex Elite) to the queue lineup. I need a challenge now, not a blowthrough.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,158 Community Moderator
    Want a challenge?

Try doing the content with Mk I weapons and equipment (but your same uber skills....)

Don't make the Devs waste valuable development time on something only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever run.

We used to have Elite versions of the Borg STFs though. They were yanked because of a combination of difficulty AND the fact that you had MANDATORY optionals that totally ruined the experience unless you were in the top DPS club.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Want a challenge?

Try doing the content with Mk I weapons and equipment (but your same uber skills....)

Don't make the Devs waste valuable development time on something only a small percentage of the playerbase will ever run.

We used to have Elite versions of the Borg STFs though. They were yanked because of a combination of difficulty AND the fact that you had MANDATORY optionals that totally ruined the experience unless you were in the top DPS club.

those were in the advanced. we need elites not because theres a LOT more in the high end dps club. advanced isn't fun anymore....plus I want more salvage tech options for space because well...ground....need I say more....
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    We still have costumes to unlock for those reps, not to mention the ones that got locked out with Delta Rising. Would be nice to finally get that sorted out.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Even though I’d love to see an elite mode of the most popular maps I’m quite sure that the advanced modes will still see a long live.

Despite any performance increases in light of new skill and spec trees I parsed a lot of pugs in CCA and ISA. Managing 2k… 1k… 0,5k is something a lot of players still have incommon. :#
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'd rather see the fleet mark queues get even an advanced version first. 40 marks per run is not a really good reward for queues that are supposed to be the primary fleet mark souce...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Want a challenge? Try PvP without cheese!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'd rather see Crystalline Elite, maybe with some mechanic that you can't get to the entity until dispatching certain of the Tholians. Or maybe the entity is immune wile absorbing energy. Or both. The poor thing needs some help.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    If you want a challenge, fly in a lower tier ship. Less abilities, weapons, etc. If you get down to T1, you win.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I'm surprised that the Tholian's don't use more of their tricks during the Crystaline event.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Want a challenge?

But... there are no Mk I Neutronic torpedoes :)

I've got to agree with your point though. Trying to squeeze out as much DPS as possible by upgrading everything, combining the most lethal things and craft 200 sets of weapons just to get that Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [Crtd]x2 [Pen] [PureAwesomeness] and THEN complain that the game is too easy, is facepalm-worthy.
  • Options
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    with the advent of the new skill tree and seeing how things have turned out it seems now would be the time to introduce ISE (Infected: Conduit Elite) and KSE (Khitomer Vortex Elite) to the queue lineup. I need a challenge now, not a blowthrough.

Or, we could hope that they fix the powercreep. If the Skill tree revamp and its effect on OP-ness are the problem, then perhaps the logical solution would be to correct that issue.

I know, I must be crazy to ask for nerfs. Some people wouldn't consider nerfs a good thing even after players are 50-100% buffed and the average NPC dies after you've opened hailing frequencies after all.

As much as I'd like to see ISE, KASE and especially IGE some day, I don't want those missions to be released as a response to the fact that their advanced versions have been turned into a joke.
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    Want a challenge?

But... there are no Mk I Neutronic torpedoes :)

I've got to agree with your point though. Trying to squeeze out as much DPS as possible by upgrading everything, combining the most lethal things and craft 200 sets of weapons just to get that Antiproton Beam Array Mk XIV [Crtd]x2 [Pen] [PureAwesomeness] and THEN complain that the game is too easy, is facepalm-worthy.

I loathe antiproton. the character in question runs romulan plasma. and 2 torp launchers. yes mk xiv epic but still...not the uberdps build.

• Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    If you want a challenge, handicap yourself.

If you want more rewards, you've clearly missed the point of the queue nerf.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    the problem is not the new skill tree, but the dpsers (I don't blame them, they play like they want to play :) ); these girls/guys should have their appropriate stfs.

I left an isa because the first cube was destroyed before I had the time to close the window (with the boff). why I left? because if I can't play, no need to stay in this stf.

these old stfs are became boring for an average player like me. btw, I'm happy to be an average player, dps are not really important for me.
    Post edited by sennahcherib on
  • Options
    I love how people still claim that PvE is or can be challenging in this game.

NPCs don't fight back, they roam around aimlessly firing the odd shot. They don't counter player attacks, clear debuffs, heal themselves or even have a decent firing rate. They're sponges!

But hey ho, what ever gets you that reward with next no effort. I suppose it does take this long for people to realise that 100k DPS is both pointless and overkill.

Plot twist: using science to debuff while someone else makes the kill is more effective than DPS (it's kinda why science has ruled PvP since season 8).

But I suppose the problem is that everyone just needs to be the hero that kills the floating sponges and not the one who cleverly traps them all with sci voodoo spam to the point where a 10k DPS boat will faceroll everything.
  • Options
    Btw, why just ISE & KSE, why not elites for every queue?
    After all if it's a challenge you're all after than every queue on elite should meet your requirements...
  • Options
    squirrleytunicsquirrleytunic Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    It is funny how we have several threads complaining that there are too many high dps players in advanced content, then this one where people resist the creation of the elite content we were promised when it was removed long ago.

I don't come in here and preach to you guys about how you like to play the game. I enjoy ship building and perfecting my piloting. I enjoy challenging content that requires me to completely change my build. Most of all, I enjoy improving. Your solution of putting on mk 1 weapons and running a t3 ship while just being ok with things as they are is rather insulting. That would be like me telling you to get good if you don't like the current performance divide we have.
    Btw, why just ISE & KSE, why not elites for every queue?
    After all if it's a challenge you're all after than every queue on elite should meet your requirements...

I have no problem with this at all. I would prioritize the more popular content first to help move high dps players out of the advanced versions to help alleviate some of clashing that is going on between groups of players, but I am not going to say no to a wider variety of challenging content.

• Options
    @squirrleytunic they want a challenge so start by making lesser played queues elite to give them that challenge.
    No point in them punching sponges with higher health and tighter time gates. It'll be a waste of their mighty DPS!
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Suggesting nerfing oneself for the challenge is just beyond dumb.

The entire point of the upgrade system and Mk XIV Epic gear is to make people better equipped to face new challenges.
    The fact that those challenges are effectively nowhere to be found is a massive design flaw, and one the developers have a responsibility to correct by creating content balanced around that.

Yes, new Elite Queues are absolutely "needed" and in every way completely justified.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options

The entire point of the upgrade system and Mk XIV Epic gear is to make people better equipped to face new challenges.
    The fact that those challenges are effectively nowhere to be found is a massive design flaw, and one the developers have a responsibility to correct by creating content balanced around that.

Yes, new Elite Queues are absolutely "needed" and in every way completely justified.

I wouldn't call the fact that they didn't design content specifically for the top 1-5% a 'massive design flaw'. Probably has more to do with priorities and satisfying the needs of the many, or those other 95-99% of the playerbase.
  • Options
    It should be content with NPCs that fight back and actually challenge a player's skill no health sponges.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

I agree. And there are some good sides to making Elite borg maps again (fixing the issue with the costume unlocks). But I also want the fast availability of those Queues to remains. Because I gotta admit, when I want to hop on and almost immediately jump into some space combat, ISA is my go to fix for STO gameplay.

I don't want to lose that. Something fast, fun, not super challenging. Just boom, having a chance to run a quick mission in less than 15 minutes.

But on the topic itself, yes, new elite queues are needed. The game needs to continually evolve on all levels and all challenges. If you really want to throw some gasoline on the fire of this thread, I'd say we're also overdue for a new PVP map or two.

;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    More than overdue! But it won't happen and not only that, gear needs serious balancing and a lot of it banned or rendered ineffective in PvP maps.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User

I wouldn't call the fact that they didn't design content specifically for the top 1-5% a 'massive design flaw'. Probably has more to do with priorities and satisfying the needs of the many, or those other 95-99% of the playerbase.

You don't give people tools for content that does not exist.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    squirrleytunicsquirrleytunic Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    @squirrleytunic they want a challenge so start by making lesser played queues elite to give them that challenge.
    No point in them punching sponges with higher health and tighter time gates. It'll be a waste of their mighty DPS!

A lot of the lesser played queues have elites, they are the time gated content that no one plays because it is not fun.
  • Options
    Don't you mean "decade it's not as quick and easy"? Lol
  • Options
    @alexraptorr if I were wearing a hat I'd tip it at you.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

You don't give people tools for content that does not exist.

It exists. There are elite queues.

Not all queues may have elite versions, but that brings us back to the 95 vs 5% issue.

Besides, did it ever occur to you that they most likely knew that many players would want to chase higher DPS numbers, upgrading all their stuff to mk XIV epic quality regardless of whether there would be new content to use it in? The DPS crowd usually seems content using their newly achieved numbers in the same old advanced content ;)

So yeah, it's not so much that tools were given to players. It's more that they allowed players to get new tools, something they knew would be too interesting to resist for the DPS crowd.

Or, in other words, if part of the players have no problem with spending insane amounts of money to upgrade their stuff, then giving people tools for content that does not (or only limited) exists isn't necessarily an illogical thing to do...
  • Options
    Anyway, I'm all for new Elite content once the skill revamp-related power creep has been taken care of, but I can understand if it's not a priority for them.