What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into The Breach Event

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    mmps1 wrote: »
    I'm starting to hyperventilate here a bit. I just know I'll be tempted to do this on all toons but I also know it's going to be time gated like mirror. I may cry blood by the end of two weeks :(

Especially since this queue probably takes even longer to complete than Mirror Invasion. I'm gonna restrict myself to three or four characters, no more.
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Well, last time I tried playing this my ship and internet was very inadequate for the mission. However, now I have better ships/equipment and internet I should be able to complete it. There's just the one problem and that is my computer (mac).

God, I want to do this for most of my characters (deltas) but Time is my biggest enemy.
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    I'm starting to hyperventilate here a bit. I just know I'll be tempted to do this on all toons but I also know it's going to be time gated like mirror. I may cry blood by the end of two weeks :(

Especially since this queue probably takes even longer to complete than Mirror Invasion. I'm gonna restrict myself to three or four characters, no more.

I'm going to see how long it takes to do all 27 this weekend. Mirror took 12 hours on 25 toons.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i would like to see Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser Promo again plz
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited March 2016

I'm going to see how long it takes to do all 27 this weekend. Mirror took 12 hours on 25 toons.

Holy Cheese and Rice, sir. You are out of your mind, and I salute you! If I even attempted that, I'd be divorced faster than you can say "Captain Kirk kicked a Klingon clear to Khitomer"
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    This is a nice change of pace from Crystalline for this event. It will take longer though. I'm guessing 15-20 minutes per character. I think so I'll go for sanity and just do 3.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Will completing this project on one character allow the admiralty card to be reclaimed on alts? Or will we have to run this project on all of our alts?

No, based on every other queue event of the last year.

Like I said above, it would be nice to at least be able to get the shiny on alts (without the dil or marks) for just 1 run. But that's just a wish, they aren't offering that project.

Oh, ok. Think I'm gonna pass on this event then. Too much time required to run this mission 12 times a day and I already have 60+ ships on all my toons. Thanks for the info though. :-)
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    so it's the normal thing.. except you get an admirality card in place of a cool weapon or ship? Okay unless it's really fun, no way.

That said... madame Lizzard? Erm.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

The old Breach didn't have any timers that forced you to wait. The only timers it had were fail timers. IE hurry up or die.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Is this what's going to happen now? You're just going to slowly remove more STFs and turn them into events to make them feel more "special", instead of actually coming up with a unique and actually fun event we could do? And our reward is a trading card instead of something worthwhile? You must really want us to spend LESS time in our ships and more time just doing Doff Assignments and Admiralty. As usual, Cryptic being the lazy and pathetic developers they are. The only remote good thing about this is that it isn't the "Lets all go AFK" Mirror Incursion event!
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    This could well be the first event I can't be bothered to do. I've already slumped to just doing new content when it came up like FE but I look at this and just don't see the fun in doing it. Admiralty I could probably get by with in-click-out but this feels like a chore with a card that's used in a grind system. I'm more interested in how much lockboxes are keeping the game float and when the whales will move on to other pastures.
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    I will be doing this on all my toons cause you know never turn down free stuff
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    xelene13 wrote: »
    Just wanted to submit my 2ec here about making the Admiralty card an acct wide unlock.

^ This, so much!!!

There's not even enough incentive to do it on one character, let alone several, just for an admiralty card.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Oh... I'm not going to like this...

I didn't much care for the mission before it was axed, I really don't want to have to do it 12 times* a day for two weeks for an Admirality ship. :(

I'm seriously considering passing on this event. It's not like I need the dilithium anyway. :/

Edit: Perhaps I can muster through it on my main, and pray that Cryptic decides to eventually make these kind of rewards account unlocks... Yeah, I can do that. :/

Same here, don't need the dilithium and all that work for a card....
    Time they bring back NWS !!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! THE BREACH IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was by far the most epic of the events STO has ever come up with and I'm excited to see the changes. The event reward is also amazing! Commanding a Voth city ship will be quite the ego boost to my Starfleet Captain.

It's just an admiralty ship... not an actual ship... unless, sarcasm, of course.

>_>
    <_<
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    The card collector in me is very much feeling down now since I won't get the beautiful V.S.S. Tanius admiralty card. I'd have to run it on all chars and that'd just kill me...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I'll beg to the team...

Can the reward peetty pweez be account wide???

Peetty pweez!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    I'll beg to the team...

Peetty pweez!

Devs: Moco, you loco!

:DB)
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I'll beg to the team...

Peetty pweez!

Devs: Moco, you loco!

:DB)

26382180.jpg
    pwetty_pwease_by_doom1272-d31mb5y.jpg

6tviTDx.png

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Darn it - i almost got kicked from my house by parents for doing last Mirror Invasion on all 16 toons last time, now next grind...
    Well, i will try to get it on all 16 characters, but... the devs really should turn events like this to item reward as account unlock, and only dill and marks on each toon separate...
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    The account wide thing should be addressed. If not account wide maybe a reduced number of runs needed to unlock the card on alts. It is a ship card after all. Time and Tide you only needed to run it once to get it as a mission reward.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    Can you not just assume I'm going to do it on all toons and give me the rewards anyway? Hmmm eh? Go on, you know you want to! :smiley:
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    Pretty sure the Tanius is a Citadel Dreadnought, not a city ship. The Citadel is still about 5km long - way too huge to be a playable ship.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Very cool news. The Breach was always a fun mission and I was sad it got taken away, but at least it'll be coming back every so often now I hope.
    Plus that admiralty card is a nice prize, doesn't always have to be some OP weapon to be good!

And the 50K dil is the main draw for me.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I'll try it, but I won't bother trying to do it on more than 1-2 characters. I've never queued for the old version, so this will at least be a fresh experience.

If it works out, I will be happy that they're expanding events to more queues.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Oh... I'm not going to like this...

I didn't much care for the mission before it was axed, I really don't want to have to do it 12 times* a day for two weeks for an Admirality ship. :(

I'm seriously considering passing on this event. It's not like I need the dilithium anyway. :/

*I know I can do it on just a few characters instead of all of them, but missing the reward on a few characters and having it on others would bother me more than just not getting it.

Edit: Perhaps I can muster through it on my main, and pray that Cryptic decides to eventually make these kind of rewards account unlocks... Yeah, I can do that. :/
    Some of us altoholics would certainly love these event rewards to be account-unlocks, similar to the summer, winter and anniversary ships. I don't think that's going to happen, though. :(
    Maybe someday alts can get the shiny (but not the dil or marks) for just 1 run after the main has completed it.

I've never played this queue so it will be fresh content for me, I'm looking forward to it.
    Will completing this project on one character allow the admiralty card to be reclaimed on alts? Or will we have to run this project on all of our alts?
    lucho80 wrote: »
    These grinds are getting old fast. Frankly, this week it seems we've gotten hit with every trick in the book they have to keep player interest up. Bonus XP, doff promotion, new admirality grind, and Voth event.
    account wide VSS please.

This, getting old running these all the time each day when other events are now account wide.
    dalolorn wrote: »

All alts, including future ones.

... Except future alts can't do the event at all because they won't be around for the event itself. :rage:
    xelene13 wrote: »
    Just wanted to submit my 2ec here about making the Admiralty card an acct wide unlock.

toiva wrote: »
    The card collector in me is very much feeling down now since I won't get the beautiful V.S.S. Tanius admiralty card. I'd have to run it on all chars and that'd just kill me...
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Darn it - i almost got kicked from my house by parents for doing last Mirror Invasion on all 16 toons last time, now next grind...
    Well, i will try to get it on all 16 characters, but... the devs really should turn events like this to item reward as account unlock, and only dill and marks on each toon separate...

Only ran this queue a couple of times when it first came out. I look forward to seeing how it is now that it's been revamped.

Also, glad to see I'm not the only (altaholic) person who looks at this and thinks "Sweet, an awesome new thing that all my alts can enjoy!" followed closely by, "Oh, yeah. I'd have to run this on all my alts to unlock it." :(

While *I* may have no life, being glued to a computer monitor for 12+ hours playing the same mission over and over is not my idea of fun. I'll give it a shot on a couple alts, but no way is there even enough time in the day for me to do it on ALL of them. At least without allowing some time for personal hygiene, eating and sleep.

Now I have to figure out which alts I want to get it on.

Please Cryptic, allow these types of items to be account unlocks. It'd also be nice if this were retroactive, but I'd settle for getting it set up so from now on it would be an account unlock.

I'll still run it on a couple alts to get some Dil & marks but for me the main draw to this is the special item.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    I'll try it, but I won't bother trying to do it on more than 1-2 characters. I've never queued for the old version, so this will at least be a fresh experience.

If it works out, I will be happy that they're expanding events to more queues.

It was long and painful, so much more than the Mirror Event queue. I'm afraid of what we'll encounter tomorrow. These "per toon" events need to end, except for the CC one. It's the only alt firendly one of the bunch.