test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into The Breach Event

Comments

• Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Sweet, this was my favorite queue. Thanks for bringing it back!
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    -pops in-

For when we don't get account wide unlock I'll meet the devs half way. An option of *significantly* reduced # runs for just the "prize" and not the dill for your alts. Works for the weekend warriors too. To tricky? (i.e. people will mess up and complain), separate the two permanently
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    I'll try it, but I won't bother trying to do it on more than 1-2 characters. I've never queued for the old version, so this will at least be a fresh experience.

If it works out, I will be happy that they're expanding events to more queues.

It was long and painful, so much more than the Mirror Event queue. I'm afraid of what we'll encounter tomorrow. These "per toon" events need to end, except for the CC one. It's the only alt firendly one of the bunch.

I prefer to accentuate the positive here. Any queue they turn into an event will buy dev time on improving that mission and give people a reason to try it. Event queues are far more likely to start than non-event queues.

You want it to be fun, too? ;)

Well, hopefully it will be a change of pace at least and I won't have to sit idle waiting for an event queue to pop. But I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit afraid of it, too. The horror stories from the players who did do it before completely discouraged me from trying it then. That other Voth space queue I did try was bad enough.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter

I prefer to accentuate the positive here. Any queue they turn into an event will buy dev time on improving that mission and give people a reason to try it. Event queues are far more likely to start than non-event queues.

You want it to be fun, too? ;)

Well, hopefully it will be a change of pace at least and I won't have to sit idle waiting for an event queue to pop. But I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit afraid of it, too. The horror stories from the players who did do it before completely discouraged me from trying it then. That other Voth space queue I did try was bad enough.

I always play the new PvE queues at least once.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    -pops in-

For when we don't get account wide unlock I'll meet the devs half way. An option of *significantly* reduced # runs for just the "prize" and not the dill for your alts. Works for the weekend warriors too. To tricky? (i.e. people will mess up and complain), separate the two permanently

I think that's a great suggestion. Once one toon has successfully completed the event project, unlock a new event project with reduced rewards that can be run by alts. Which they are kind of doing anyway. Just add the card which you can only have one of per character anyway, and perhaps take away a bit of this and a bit of that to compensate.

Won't happen, but a good suggestion nevertheless.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Oh... I'm not going to like this...

...I really don't want to have to do it 12 times* a day for two weeks for an Admirality ship. :(

Edit: Perhaps I can muster through it on my main, and pray that Cryptic decides to eventually make these kind of rewards account unlocks... Yeah, I can do that. :/
    Some of us altoholics would certainly love these event rewards to be account-unlocks, similar to the summer, winter and anniversary ships. I don't think that's going to happen, though. :(

as I have said before, I think you will find the prize item is only part of a package reward that also contains the dilithium and marks.
    making the prize item an account unlock would also award the rest of the reward with no contribution, can you imagine cryptic giving players with say 40 characters 2 million dilithium plus 40 x all of the marks just for completing this event on one character.

see with the ship it is just the ship and nothing else so making it an account unlock has no extra rewards to gain from that so its simple.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I think that's a great suggestion. Once one toon has successfully completed the event project, unlock a new event project with reduced rewards that can be run by alts. Which they are kind of doing anyway. Just add the card which you can only have one of per character anyway, and perhaps take away a bit of this and a bit of that to compensate.

Frankly, I'd gladly forgo the dil reward on alts for a quick "do it once for unlock" option.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    -pops in-

What about later alts? At least they had the sense to allow account-wide reclaims when they pulled the plug on event ships.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    While the dilithium is a great prize, is anyone else underwhelmed by the lack luster playing card? Granted, the admiralty system is only there for those who want it, but I would rather have something a little more substantial for the actual game rather than a quickly tossed together card game they tossed in, just to say they tossed something in.

I'm still waiting on kit upgrading, or even a full body skin for the infected complexion (playable borg look ridiculous in open uniforms), so getting a (useless) card is a bit disappointing. More so when other similar events have been yielding unique weapons and such. With how difficult this mission was to pug, due to how poorly things worked at the time (be it the team, powers, or just the terrible programming), I really have to wonder how this is going to be as an event. If the Mirror event is any indicator, they've fixed nothing, they've tested nothing, and they've just slapped a big chunk of dilithium on there to make it seem worth while. The card only seems on there to make it seem like people are actually playing the sto card game.

I just... This whole thing seems suspect, and the card is a less than rewarding offer for grinding.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

I just... This whole thing seems suspect, and the card is a less than rewarding offer for grinding.

I had been looking forward for some time now for the March 3rd event announcement - having been disappointed by the mirror weapon and the crystalline torpedo last year. I was hoping for something pretty interesting and am disappointed by the card. Still, based on how long the mission takes I'll do it for an hour a day - so between 2 and 6 characters. We shall see tomorrow.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    I have 6 characters, 3 main & 3 farmers.
    I will see how I go with my 3 mains and if its about 20 minutes a run I will probably do it with my others.
    2 hours or there abouts is ok for the dilithium if nothing else, I may have to juggle with the extra days if it gets tight at any point but with any luck I will be able to get all of the bonus days too.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    Pleased to see you guys bringing back a PvE queue mission I enjoyed back in the day when it was just a selection on the PvE list.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Some of us altoholics would certainly love these event rewards to be account-unlocks, similar to the summer, winter and anniversary ships. I don't think that's going to happen, though. :(

These grinds are getting old fast. Frankly, this week it seems we've gotten hit with every trick in the book they have to keep player interest up. Bonus XP, doff promotion, new admirality grind, and Voth event.

Indeed, plus tribble testing and all the prep for season 11.5 while trying to upkeep 10+ toons, help the fleet, get some dailies, chat, keep up with forums, check exchange, check it some more, farm, screenshot competition, down for maintenance, a bit excessive here, too many time gates, forced choice content, char bound items, not enough freedom to choose.

Mirror invasion on 9 toons was an unreal punishment, I would have quit if I wasn't already half-way, and at least there we got an agony rifle which I never use unlike the CCA torp or shotgun, now it's just a bound admiralty card that my mains can't use anyways while my alts who need it and the Dil/Rep marks won't be getting it.

At least the queue is back.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    The Breach, huzzah!

Shame about dumbing it down though... the rewards weren't up to the time, but an upping of rewards should have been enough. And really, not everything needs to be oversimplified down to "casual cellphone game status". Some players can cope with needing to think about what to do next without a huge arrow pointing in the one (and only one) "true way" direction.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited March 2016

These grinds are getting old fast. Frankly, this week it seems we've gotten hit with every trick in the book they have to keep player interest up. Bonus XP, doff promotion, new admirality grind, and Voth event.

It is getting tiresome and excessive. If it was just a weekend long 4day event, it wouldn't be so bad, but these 14 day to month long events are just boring and the rewards are uninspiring. I was hoping for another CCA event, as that's at least atl-friendly, but this just stinks. The more Cryptic pushes their metrics, the less inclined people are to play.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    Just adding my opinion on alt-friendly queues, even if it's just the non-dil, non-marks reward.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Especially, now that I have learned that some of the Doffs (Mariah Kilara Marr for example) that were awarded, in this case from a 2013 CE Event) have had their 'exclusivity' revoked as they were added as possible Doffs that are awarded out of a Doff Pack.

Exclusivity is only invoked when they want to.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    While the dilithium is a great prize, is anyone else underwhelmed by the lack luster playing card?

I'm thinking it's still more useful than the crystaline pet from the first event. For some reason I enjoy the DOff system much more than the Admiralty setup and made good use of the two DOffs awarded on previous events and wouldn't mind rewards more along those lines. However I'm sure the playing card, while not needed, will still be put to use.

Honestly though, even the dilithium just doesn't seem worth the grind when your already sitting on months of raw ore.

I'll just swap out running my Fleet Mark daily farming (can always use FMs when grinding a Starbase solo!) from the CCA to Into the Breach Normal and hope it isn't time gated and plagued with leechers like the revamped mirror invasion. Luckily I only have four characters created.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Why the damn Cryptic can't do anything right? good: IMO the best "quick" mission The Breach is back with doubled reward bad: the reward is only doubled and only during event ugly: you are forced to do this again and again until you'll hate it for bonus reward, and everybody "loves" grind! That people who don't have a hour per every day will be pissed..
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,038 Arc User
    It would be a nice change to see a future event based on one of the now missing ground queues.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    As nice as this might be, can we have a Crystaline Cataclysm Event instead? That one is nice and short. perfect for people with a lot of alts. The thought of funneling all my alts through a 20 minute queue for 14 days creates a black hole in my brain.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Not an account unlock?

Buggers...

*prepare to hunker diwn to run a few characters through this... even though my main doesn't need the dil...*
  • Options
    highlandrise85highlandrise85 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    [Modded Out]
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
    9Kh66Si.gif

True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event and mission rewards!!
    ​​
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    I was kinda hoping that it'd be a normal queue instead of this dumb event stuff. I really liked The Breach, and having it as a limited-time thing is a real gut punch when I was so excited to have it back.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I'll try it, but I won't bother trying to do it on more than 1-2 characters. I've never queued for the old version, so this will at least be a fresh experience.

If it works out, I will be happy that they're expanding events to more queues.

It was long and painful, so much more than the Mirror Event queue. I'm afraid of what we'll encounter tomorrow. These "per toon" events need to end, except for the CC one. It's the only alt firendly one of the bunch.

Oh god, I really hated the breach . . . no way in hell I am doing this on more than 1 maybe 2 toons. All the other "per toon" events I finish 8 maybe 8.5 toons worth . . . not this one!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

Frankly, I'd gladly forgo the dil reward on alts for a quick "do it once for unlock" option.

Same.

I can find the time and dedication to play any queue (even if I hate it) once, twice a day. More only when I really like it or I have a really lot of free time on my hands or it's a very fast and easy queue.

But TRIBBLE cards is one of those things I really want to have on all chars and it's definitely out of the question for me to run any queue, ever, over a dozen times a day for 2 weeks straight.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I just wish I could do it. I feel bad enough about not being able to contribute to this weeks event. Alas I cannot do team stuff.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    You know, seeing some of the comments of people with lots of characters, makes me glad I stopped at only 4...
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    mmps1 wrote: »
    I'm starting to hyperventilate here a bit. I just know I'll be tempted to do this on all toons but I also know it's going to be time gated like mirror. I may cry blood by the end of two weeks :(

I'm going to do more than that if I was to do it on all my toons, 431 times on 31 toons thanks but no thanks I may do it on a few but not all of them even though I would love to get the card on all my toons.