test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So you wanted to know what those mirror universe assignments uncovered about the Terran Empire?

lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
Here is most of it. The portals and agonizer countermeasures crit text is underwhelming, and the Romulan and Dominion ones are unimaginative.

Build Dossier About the Mirror Emperor

Though personal information about the Terran Emperor is deliberately concealed, your operatives learn that he is ruthless and capable of incredible feats. He has a tendency to show up uncannily and destroy conspirators, and is believed to have served in Starfleet before he manifested his unusual powers. Thus far, he has been completely undefeatable.

Study Terran Use of Future Technology

Study of captured weapons indicates that they are using designs extrapolated out from future tech. They are not, however, significantly advanced beyond 25th century technology. A likely explanation is that the future benefactor who gave these weapons to the Terran Empire doesn't want to risk putting 29th-century technology into the hands of despotic conquerors who might damage the timeline.

Research Interphase Phenomenon in Tholian Space

The operative managed to successfully transition through interphase and determined that in the Mirror Universe, the Tholians destroyed a star with a tricobalt warhead. The resulting energy release created an interphase that shifted through time and space, but that interphase has weakened significantly over the intervening centuries. The deliberate nature of this act indicates that the Tholians likely set this as the trap to capture the Defiant.

Determine Terran Empire Fleet Strengths

Your team acquired a complete roster of Terran Empire ships. According to the fleet logs, the Empire started rebuilding in earnest after their liberation from the Klingon-Cardassian-Bajoran alliance. Thanks to outside assistance, they destroyed the Iconians with minimal losses, leaving them with a much larger and more capable fleet still intact.

Connect with Rebel Cells Among Klingon-Cardassian-Bajoran Faction

Your team was able to meet with a small resistance cell and learn that the Empire has largely wiped out widespread resistance. Rebel cells at this point are concerned primarily with staying off the Terran computer logs and pursuit self-autonomy in distant places.

Develop a Timeline of Terran Empire History

Your team has worked out a detailed timeline of Emperors and Empresses, whose major contributions are the seizure of anomalous technology that gives the Empire the means to wipe out its enemies. The Terran success in turning around the occupation of Earth is attributed to the rise of a new Emperor who was able to retake various Imperial worlds such as Vulcan and Betazed, quickly causing an uprising that cascaded to overthrow the enemy Alliance.

Investigate State of Romulan Empire in Mirror Universe

Your team successfully made contact with a Romulan mining camp. The destruction of Romulus left the Romulans in disarray and much of their territory easy prey for the Terrans. Sadly, the Romulans of the Mirror Universe are a hollow shadow of their former glory, with no dreams of a Republic to rise from the ashes.

Communicate with Mirror Universe Dominion

Your operatives followed clues to a Changeling, but before they were able to make contact, received a single message on a coded channel: "STAY OUT." No further contact was made.

Study Agonizer Technology to Develop Countermeasures

Your team successfully creates an experimental shield that dampens the frequency of agonizer weapons.

Explore Methods of Mirror Portal Creation

Your researchers build several test models that are able to open portals into weak points of space, and to interfere with and collapse existing portals.
Post edited by lucho80 on

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Thank you for this! I need this information for my mirror universe Foundry series. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    Thank you for this! I need this information for my mirror universe Foundry series. :)

Glad to help, I'll post the last 3 when I crit them.

As a side note to the devs, please stop putting accolades in lockboxes. These new ones are cheaper than the Khellid Wrangler one, but it's still somewhere around 40mil EC unless you're lucky with crits to complete it.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Honestly? I find the entire notion of hiding these assignments in lockboxes to be offensive.
    I mean literally ALL new Doff content is going straight into Lockboxes, while the system itself is just left to rot with no new assignment chains or rewards whatsoever.

And TRIBBLE like this honestly makes me wonder what's next? Putting entire episodes and missions in lockboxes? Story content should NEVER be hidden behind a paywall here.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    So the emperor is mirror Kal-El.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    @alexraptorr
    LOL
    Step right up ladies and germs, get your latest Featured Episode in our newest lockbox ! 1/100 drop chance !
    New and improved drop rate !

This is funny until you realize something like this is not completely out of the question. :fearful:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    @alexraptorr
    LOL
    Step right up ladies and germs, get your latest Featured Episode in our newest lockbox ! 1/100 drop chance !

This is funny until you realize something like this is not completely out of the question. :fearful:

It won't happen. They'd have so much rage that the game wouldn't survive. Besides I believe they've already said something about not putting content behind a paywall in the past.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    @alexraptorr
    LOL

It won't happen. They'd have so much rage that the game wouldn't survive. Besides I believe they've already said something about not putting content behind a paywall in the past.

And yet that's kind of exactly what they are doing by stuffing doff assignments and their accolades into lockboxes.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Determine Terran Empire Fleet Stranghts

You have a typo, my good man.

• Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Though personal information about the Terran Emperor is deliberately concealed, your operatives learn that he is ruthless and capable of incredible feats. He has a tendency to show up uncannily and destroy conspirators, and is believed to have served in Starfleet before he manifested his unusual powers. Thus far, he has been completely undefeatable.
    My God! It's an ascended Wesley Crusher!

2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    And yet that's kind of exactly what they are doing by stuffing doff assignments and their accolades into lockboxes.

DOff Assignments and Accolades are not story missions.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User

Its still content that you the player interact with. Honestly Im not surprised by any of this. They've been slowly moving this game towards this since they went F2P. Ships, Consoles, Weapons and now interactive content. Whos to say what else they shove behind the paywall. The game feels more like Farmville than an MMO anymore. Every turn theyve got a new way for you to open your wallet to enjoy the content.

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

Oh my god, could you imagine? :D

But yeah, I agree that stuffing these story nuggets in lockboxes is a terrible practice.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options

Its still content that you the player interact with. Honestly Im not surprised by any of this. They've been slowly moving this game towards this since they went F2P. Ships, Consoles, Weapons and now interactive content. Whos to say what else they shove behind the paywall. The game feels more like Farmville than an MMO anymore. Every turn theyve got a new way for you to open your wallet to enjoy the content.

In Cryptic's defense though, i don't think they'd ever stoop to that level.
    Like Rattler said the forums would burn, and they need to give the f2p'ers something to keep doing, so it wouldn't be wise for a number of reasons.

But this just popped into my crazy brain... What about this bizzaro Scenario;
    Cryptic Ownership to Players

"Hey Captains, we've got a big announcement ! But... it comes with good news and bad news.
    First the Good News. After many long hours we've finally acquired the rights to use the talents of SIR PATRICK STEWART for a series of Featured Episodes !!! We're finally bringing you Jean Luc Picard !!!!

However, as great as this news is, there is a down side. Bad News is, this project came with a very heavy price financially, and you the player will have to acquire these special Episode Modules through the latest Next Generation Lockbox.
    We've made every effort to avoid this decision, but the final cost associated with this project made this the only viable option monetarily."

:smiley:
    okok, now I'm just fear mongering. Sry to derail, moving on.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    okok, now I'm just fear mongering. Sry to derail, moving on.
    5cb8117801b5070bcc245850ac2af54245279fc4c0b10fcd19e2c0f0e9784076.jpg

Couldn't resist. B)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

Study of captured weapons indicates that they are using designs extrapolated out from future tech. They are not, however, significantly advanced beyond 25th century technology. A likely explanation is that the future benefactor who gave these weapons to the Terran Empire doesn't want to risk putting 29th-century technology into the hands of despotic conquerors who might damage the timeline.

I think it will turn out to be a future version of Starfleet who gave the Terran Empire this future technology in hopes they'll destroy themselves and ... Temporal shenanigans.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I would love for it to turn out to be Barclay. Dwight Schultz FTW!
  • Options
    Added two more, although only one actually says something. The agonizer and portals assignments were pretty much quick fillers to add to the grind.

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Am I the only one who read about the Emperor's superhuman abilities and thought Bluegill?

considering the terrans wiped out their iconians and the bluegills were creations of theirs, i doubt an infested emperor would've been allowed to order attacks on them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    Thanks for posting this. Good lore to have.
    As a side note to the devs, please stop putting accolades in lockboxes. These new ones are cheaper than the Khellid Wrangler one, but it's still somewhere around 40mil EC unless you're lucky with crits to complete it.

That you're doing it suggests it's working as intended :(
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    ^ But someone's gotta do it...for Science.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Build Dossier on Mirror Emperor

Wonder if that's implying the Emperor is using The Tantalus Field Device...
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    zolgearzolgear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

You have to admit "Emperor Crusher" is a pretty beast title.

I'd be totally down with them getting Wil Wheaton to guest star as the Mirror Universe Emperor for an episode.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Thanks for the summary!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Am I the only one who read about the Emperor's superhuman abilities and thought Bluegill?

considering the terrans wiped out their iconians and the bluegills were creations of theirs, i doubt an infested emperor would've been allowed to order attacks on them

Wait, what? I was certain the bluegills were being used by the Iconians to control the Vaadwuar, not that they actually created them. And besides, who says the mirror bugs couldn't betray their masters even if those masters are their creators?

i don't remember which mission, but one of the ones in the delta arc called the bluegills living weapons created by the iconians - or more likely by the solanae, since they're the science caste of their empire

presumably they're also iconian-created living weapons in the mirror universe as well​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    graleron wrote: »
    That you're doing it suggests it's working as intended :(

Yeah, I also did the Khellid Wrangler and the Temporal Mastermind accolades. I do it because "more accolade points", but they shouldn't put accolades behind a paywall.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Am I the only one who read about the Emperor's superhuman abilities and thought Bluegill?​​
    Or Khan. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

I think it will turn out to be a future version of Starfleet who gave the Terran Empire this future technology in hopes they'll destroy themselves and ... Temporal shenanigans.
    Perhaps Noye, or maybe even us in some type of "lesser of two evils" choice. Wibbly Wobbly timelines and all.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    @lucho80 ive done most of them, the khellid one however im a few off and its disgustingly behind hundreds of millions of ec for me to get the last couple directly at this point because of scarcity. The funding isnt a problem really and i still just wont do it because good lord. Nevermind folks that actually cant raise that kind of ec.