test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So you wanted to know what those mirror universe assignments uncovered about the Terran Empire?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    You have to admit "Emperor Crusher" is a pretty beast title

Especially if you picture him with a thick russian accent saying 'I vill crush you american'

The emperor sounds an awful lot like gary mitchell
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Finished them all. Good riddens.
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Build Dossier About the Mirror Emperor

Though personal information about the Terran Emperor is deliberately concealed, your operatives learn that he is ruthless and capable of incredible feats. He has a tendency to show up uncannily and destroy conspirators, and is believed to have served in Starfleet before he manifested his unusual powers. Thus far, he has been completely undefeatable.
    Somebody has been watching Of Gods and Men. (This also explains, in-universe, the change from Yellow to Red for the Terran Empire ships.)
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    FYI - It's not a reward if I have to pay a lobi tax to obtain it. Another 2.4 mil EC to get lobi out of a lockbox to get my prize.

x0ptmo.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    ^ Well if that ain't a kick in pants...
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    FYI - It's not a reward if I have to pay a lobi tax to obtain it. Another 2.4 mil EC to get lobi out of a lockbox to get my prize.

x0ptmo.jpg

Ok, thats greasy as hell. Thats really really low
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Am I the only one who read about the Emperor's superhuman abilities and thought Bluegill?​​

Made me think of Khan.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Wait, so the Hobus supernova happened in the mirror universe as well? How did that happen if Leeta killed all the Iconians 200,000 years ago?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    Wait, so the Hobus supernova happened in the mirror universe as well? How did that happen if Leeta killed all the Iconians 200,000 years ago?

Big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    So the emperor is mirror Kal-El.

I was thinking more like this:

Emperor_RotJ.png

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User

The game never said she did, it? Genuinely asking, because I honestly can't remember.
    In fact, considering that she seems to have been equipped with future-tech as well as insight, it's heavily implied that the Iconians in the MU were beaten militarily in their present.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Unusual powers? ...it's Mirror Wesley!
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    A bunch of lockbox text

so: TL/DR - not much? :P

T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    sorceror01 wrote: »

The game never said she did, it? Genuinely asking, because I honestly can't remember.
    In fact, considering that she seems to have been equipped with future-tech as well as insight, it's heavily implied that the Iconians in the MU were beaten militarily in their present.

The last "mission" in the Terran Empire reputation reveals that her forces went back in time and destroyed Iconia 200,000 years ago.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    sorceror01 wrote: »

The last "mission" in the Terran Empire reputation reveals that her forces went back in time and destroyed Iconia 200,000 years ago.

Oohh I guess I missed that bit in her spiel.
    OH wait, wasn't it also mentioned that the Terrans have temporal shielding tech, too? I suspect paradox shenanigans are afoot...
    Unusual powers? ...it's Mirror Wesley!

..... hey now! That'd be a neat twist! Both Wesley's have strange powers. Ours goes off to become a Time Lord, but the MU becomes an omnipresent Emperor!
    That would actually be.... kinda awesome.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

x0ptmo.jpg
    So what's the accolade reward anyways? I'd spend the 1 Lobi to at least find out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Am I the only one who read about the Emperor's superhuman abilities and thought Bluegill?​​
    Or Khan. :P

No way. Khan wont dress in the slutee dolphin trainer Uniforms, they wear in the Mirror Universe. :s
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It won't happen. They'd have so much rage that the game wouldn't survive. Besides I believe they've already said something about not putting content behind a paywall in the past.

Say. Do.

Unrelated concepts.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Investigate State of Romulan Empire in Mirror Universe

Your team successfully made contact with a Romulan mining camp. The destruction of Romulus left the Romulans in disarray and much of their territory easy prey for the Terrans. Sadly, the Romulans of the Mirror Universe are a hollow shadow of their former glory, with no dreams of a Republic to rise from the ashes.
    This is the interesting bit here. Because the (sorry excuse of a) Romulan version of the mirror universe uniforms sold in the lobi store is based on the Republic uniform. One has to question where it came from, if the Romulan Republic has never existed in the mirror universe.

Them Ferengi selling us counterfeit mirror uniforms? >:)

Them Ferengi running a sweatshop somewhere, kids cutting sleeves off bog-standard prime universe Romulan uniform shirts so the lobi store can sell them to gullible captains at full price?

That plan is so deliciously Ferengi. :D Except of course the Ferengi would really sell all the outfit packs to anyone with the money, instead of faction restrictions.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Investigate State of Romulan Empire in Mirror Universe

Your team successfully made contact with a Romulan mining camp. The destruction of Romulus left the Romulans in disarray and much of their territory easy prey for the Terrans. Sadly, the Romulans of the Mirror Universe are a hollow shadow of their former glory, with no dreams of a Republic to rise from the ashes.

Interesting - whilst probably fair to assume it was, this doesn't specifically indicate that the destruction of Romulus was a by-product of the Hobus event. I've mentioned this before; I don't see how the Hobus event could occur in quite the same manner as it did in the 'Prime' universe. Certainly, its very questionable whether Sela could exist in the Mirror universe - the that the circumstances that led to her birth would were pretty unique and I don't see how they would be repeatable in the Mirror Universe.
    For all we know, Leeta blew up Romulus just for laughs.

Mirror Sela would probably be a good guy anyway...like mirror Hakeev.