test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I hope they give us a T3 or T4 ship for the next giveaway.
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    Thank you Cryptic.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »

I'd be fine with a costume, myself, but the ship thing sounds nice. (Although I must hope and pray it's not one of the ones they gave away before... :worried:)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    OK, I understand the fleet dilithium voucher is one per account. Before I go and claim it, is it bound to account, or bound to the character that claims it? In other words, can I claim it on any character, then toss it into my shared account bank and decide which character to use it on later?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    OK, I understand the fleet dilithium voucher is one per account. Before I go and claim it, is it bound to account, or bound to the character that claims it? In other words, can I claim it on any character, then toss it into my shared account bank and decide which character to use it on later?

It went right onto the dil page on the character I claimed it on. So claim it on the character you want to use it on.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Ok, I claimed it on my Romulan. Since I'm trying to build enough Fleet points to get the Krenium BOFF and costume. Now I have to wait until they open a project for the Dil. This should give her a boost towards her goal.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    not in a fleet...have no intention on joining one anytime soon... is there a way for me to give the dil to someone else, or throw it away, since I can't use it for anything?
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    No, it will remain on your character until you deposit it into a fleet project.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,602 Arc User
    Save it. You can probably open it and add it to your assets so it doesn't take a bank slot. Someday you might change your mind and decide you want a Fleet version of a ship for the extra console, or to get the extra Active roster slots, or the extra Trait slots, or....
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Me, too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d0DChU-BF0
    Can you tell? :p

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User

Free stuff is free stuff so not complaining either way.
    I should mention that there are few T3-4 ships which i do not have in my inventory yet.

I would really jump for joy if two extra character slots were given (625 zen) since i have been planning to expand my amount of characters but the exchange rates made the purchase of zen with dilithium at this time unattractive.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Free stuff is free stuff so not complaining either way.
    I should mention that there are few T3-4 ships which i do not have in my inventory yet.

I would really jump for joy if two extra character slots were given (625 zen) since i have been planning to expand my amount of characters but the exchange rates made the purchase of zen with dilithium at this time unattractive.

i personally would take the ship if offered as i have at least 20 characters and only 2 of them are maxed out :smiley: but if they are then let us chose one ship for each faction
    The True King In The North
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    Personally, i think if we would get additional free character slots, it would be on start of giveaway, so the new toons could get all new shiny things... oh well, whatever we get, we will be gratefull
    (personally i hope for some T5 ships....)
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I believe I would like a Delta Flyer. Whar mah Delta Flyarr?!?
    Sigh. Two enhanced tech upgrades. :(

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    [day 3]
    Tech upgrades? Perfect! My Delta character still has a lot of gear to improve. :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Hmm, ok. So a single claim for 2 universal tech upgrades.

Well... at least it's useful (and free!) lol.

Thanks Cryptic. :)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Annoyed that yesterday's giveaway was ended early.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »

No, it's useless. Even more useless than yesterday's giveaway.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,429 Arc User
    alexvio1 wrote: »

Looks pretty useful to me - I've got some gear needs upgrading when K'tang son of P'tuey ranks up later today. And my fleet seemed to appreciate yesterday's. :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • captainfelidaecaptainfelidae Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    alexvio1 wrote: »

Wow you are a miserable soul aren't you

The dil was plenty useful thank you very much, It's helped the fleet fillup plenty of projects and I'm going to slap these tech upgrades on my fav gun faster than you can say "[Crtx]x3 pls"
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic, I have some items that the upgrades will be sure to help!!!
  • theshockcable#5344 theshockcable Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    How about the ship being free? I have a lifetime subscription and I feel robbed every time I see news of an anniversary . Not many people have time to farm 1000 vouchers for a ship that's only available during the anniversary. I have 4 kids so I don't have a lot of time for STO but I'm a fan and lifer. It would be awesome if lifers get more free stuff, especially when it's digital items you can't redeem in real life.
    ntvylvfc7y83.png
  • nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    A free T6 would be nice. It wont happen but it'd be really nice :)
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    Thanks for the per character Spec Points - VERY NICE.

Thanks for the per account Fleet Dilithium Voucher. Appreciated.

Thanks for the per account "Enhanced" Universal Tech Upgrades, although "Enhanced" is debatable. As far as I can see, they're even more detrimental to a chance of rarity improvement than a standard upgrade. The Omega Upgrades we're now grinding, THOSE are Enhanced. Tier improvement is easy. Rarity improvement, that's hard and expensive. Still, they're free, so thank you.

I'm hoping that one of the remaining gifts is an account-wide Eisilum Horta combat pet unlock. The account-wide Polytrinic Acid Horta unlock you gave out a couple of years ago is still one of my favourites - thank you VERY MUCH again for that one!

Again, thank you for all of the presents. And Happy Anniversary!
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Monday... Day-1) Thanks Cryptic for the Two Specialization Points per Toon.
    Tuesday... Day-2) Thanks Cryptic (I think) for the 20k of Fleet Dilithium per Account.
    Wednesday... Day-3) Thank You Cryptic for the Two Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades per Account.
    Thursday...
    B)
    I couldnt have said it better. thank you guys.. for everything.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The upgrade box was very nice. I gave it to one of my lower level alts that I'm leveling up. That way they can get some gear upgraded when I get time to do it. So it will come in handy later.
    Post edited by farmallm on
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »

I'd be fine with a costume, myself, but the ship thing sounds nice. (Although I must hope and pray it's not one of the ones they gave away before... :worried:)

Doubt it. Just grind reduction vouchers from here on out. I think the days of C-store giveaways, are far behind us now.
    Thanks cryptic, you are saving me a weeks worth of grind toil. You're the best....Got to find my way back to Makeb, in a galaxy far far away, with my Sith Marauder now. Toodles.
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    dalolorn wrote: »

Doubt it. Just grind reduction vouchers from here on out. I think the days of C-store giveaways, are far behind us now.
    Thanks cryptic, you are saving me a weeks worth of grind toil. You're the best....Got to find my way back to Makeb, in a galaxy far far away, with my Sith Marauder now. Toodles.

Yes, it does make one wonder...

In any case, may the Force serve you, Wrath. :tongue: