test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holiday*SuPeRsHiP*GIVEAWAY*PaRtY! -SHUTUP WESLEY-

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
Hey!

I'm making this thread to consolidate announcements for player-run holiday events!

We've just finished hammering out the details for our party, but if anyone else is doing an event, I'd be happy to put the info in the OP too!

With no further ado:

6QOGCSC.png

On Saturday, December 19th at 3pm PST (23:00GMT), Shutup Wesley will be hosting its annual holiday party and giveaway!

This year's prizes include 75 lobi/lockbox/promo ships, 25 plasmonic leeches, and 4,800 superior upgrade techs.

If you can't make the party, there are forum events that will be judged before/after the party starts, so you've got plenty of time to make an entry, and if you win, you'll have a chance to claim your prize from the pool before anyone else!

HOW TO JOIN?
  • To answer trivia questions and make friendly banter with party goers use: "/channel_join WesleyChristmas"
  • All events and trivia questions will be announced via the alternate channel: "/channel_join WesleyAnnounce"

If you're not familiar with managing channels on STO, please consult this helpful illustration!

ca3263d560.png

Join them both now and make them different colors so you can easily pick out announcements!

Featured Events Include:
  1. Forum Events
  2. Where's Wesley
  3. Shuttle PvP
  4. Trivia
  5. Costume Contests
  6. Tactical Racing

Forum Events
  • Fanfic Bonanza: Regale us with a tale recounting one of the untold adventures of Wesley Crusher and The Traveler! (No less than 500 words).
    • Grand Prize: Krenim Annorax Dreadnought + Plasmonic Leech + 10 Lockbox Keys
    • 2nd Place Prize: [Console Pack - Ionized Gas Sensor / Plasmonic Leech]
    • 3rd Place Prize: [Console Pack - Ionized Gas Sensor / Plasmonic Leech]
  • Starship Barbie: Everyone loves to kitbash and paint up their starships. Show off your best effort with a screenshot!
    • 1st Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice
    • 2nd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice
    • 3rd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice
  • Party Screenshot Competition: Did you make it to the party, but not win anything? Or maybe you did and you're looking to earn more loot? Share your screenshots of the party with us after the fact for a last chance to earn prizes!
    • Grand Prize: Herald Ship Pack (Quas, Baltim, & Vonph)
    • 2nd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice

Where's Wesley

Four Shutup Wesley characters will be hidden throughout the known galaxy and at the time of the event their names and locations will be revealed. The first player to find each one and open (and keep open) a trade window with them will receive a fabulous prize pack:
  • A Herald Ship Pack - A Quas Flight Deck Cruiser, A Baltim Baltim Raider, and A Vonph Dreadnought Carrier
Shuttle PvP

Two 10v10 matches will be run. Show up in your best shuttlecraft and join the match. The entire winning team will each receive a lobi/lockbox ship of their choice, awarded in descending order of score according to the post-match leaderboard. Perform better to get a better chance at the ship you really want! If there is enough interest, a third match can be organized with Plasmonic Leech prizes for the winners.

Trivia - Correctly answer a question for a prize of one full stack (100) of Superior Tech Upgrades of your choice!
  • TOS/TAS/TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT Trivia
  • Star Trek Online Trivia
  • DJO Trivia
  • And more!
Costume Contests - Show us your mastery of the tailor!
  • Striped Sweaters - The best looking Wesley Crusher wins!
    • Grand Prize: Herald Ship Pack (Quas, Baltim, & Vonph)
    • 2nd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox Ship of your choice
  • For Science! - Come dressed as your favorite real or fictional scientist!
    • Grand Prize: Krenim Ship Pack (Krenim Warship, Zahl Cruiser, Annorax)
  • Post Apocalypse - Come dressed as your favorite post-apocalyptic hero... or villain!
    • Grand Prize: Jem'Hadar Ship Pack (JHDC, JHHEC, JHSS)
  • Best Head Of State - Come dressed as your favorite world leader!
    • Grand Prize: Elachi Ship Pack (S'golth, Monbosh, Sheshar [Intel])
  • MY IMMERSION - Come dressed as your favorite non-STO game protagonist
    • Grand Prize: Krenim Ship Pack (Krenim Warship, Zahl Cruiser, Annorax)
  • Best Overall - Make the best costume you can come up with!
    • 1st Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox Ship of your choice
  • Worst Overall - Literally the worst tailoring abomination you can create!
    • 1st Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox Ship of your choice

Tactical Racing

Whether you loved or hated it, you definitely remember this event, if you've been to one of our parties before. Slap on some Frosted Boots and line up for a race! Playing dirty is encouraged so bring your cover shields or any other obstacles you want to throw at your competitors. Winner will receive any remaining ship of their choice or a plasmonic leech crate (whatever's left).

So make sure you've got your costumes created in advance and get ready to have some fun!

Hope to see you there,

The Members of Shutup Wesley

Premium ships are limited in supply, although there is at least one of each, choices will dwindle as the event goes on.The event will begin with Where's Wesley and end with the Races, with trivia being asked in between events. For specifics on the prize pool, check here.

*FAQ*

Q: "Can I enter more than one event, such as more than one costume category?"

A: Yes! Enter all of them if you want!

Q: "Where do I post my fanfic / screenshots?"

A: Right here in this thread!

Q: "Can I upload my fanfic somewhere else and send the judges a link?"

A: Nope! All entries must be posted here in the thread for everyone to see!
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg
Post edited by repetitiveepic on

Comments

• Options
    wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENTS:

For the Space Ship Barbie Competition:

1st Prize, Szim,
    rY0uFkN.jpg

2nd Prize, anyajenkins
    12370834_846893848763211_2532066601647010927_o.jpg

3rd Prize, rahamet
    cujjdih.png?1

Honorable Mention for Cardassia! guljarol

Please post your in-game @handles in here or send a private message to me on the forum! If you @name in game is similar to your name on the forum, just send an in-game message to @repetitiveepic or @mondian. Or /channe_join WesleyChristmas and give us a shout there!

PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT

For the Wesley and the Traveller Fanfic Competition

1st Place: raxicorico, for his really well done Twas the Night Before Christmas.

A lot of effort went into this, and the result is worth it. It hits all the bases, has the crew of TNG, has trek technobabble, is quite readable and well written. 93 pages! And not a chore to read. Congratulations raxicorico, you did good work!

If you havent had a chance, give it a read!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6kKApP4l56EcWZldEFEMWtGMnc/view

2nd Place: BeadedFerret, for his tale of Wesley's demise to the snowmen

3rd Place: Ballocaust, for his well written tale of chad and the brawndo

Honorable Mention: Gazurtoid, for his all too familiar tale

Please post your @handles in the thread or get in touch in-game if your @name is similar to your name on the forum!
    Post edited by wesleycrasher on
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    We need Forum emotes for threads and events like these. Guess I'll just have to use words instead:

*Salutes repetitiveepic with respect*. You and your fleet are doing a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Have fun! :3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    This years event should be a ton of fun. Can't wait to see what people come up with in the creative contests.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    63299039.jpg
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    64362044.jpg

giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    This is quite the assortment sought-after prizes. I wish all participants the best of luck!
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    <Irrelevant & inappropriate comment edited out>
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Ah, the good old Shutup Wesley Christmas party. The tactical races around DS9 last year were hilarious to watch and see how creative people could get with their powers.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    That's an impressive lineup of prizes. I'll try to attend!
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Sounds like a fun/interesting/different giveaway.
    Good to see a healthy Christmas spirit.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    An impressive show of generosity and the Roddenberry spirit
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Wesley Crusker got wasted and knocked up my mother.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    That is one heck of an event to be sure, and sounds fun. Kudos :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    yayyy! infographic used!
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Nice logo work there :D

That said, I don't really think you can ask other people/fleets who want to advertise their parties/events to only post in your thread, just because you said you wanted to "consolidate" announcements. You obviously thought you needed your own thread to advertise your event, so other people/fleets may feel the same.
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User

That said, I don't really think you can ask other people/fleets who want to advertise their parties/events to just post in your thread, just because you said you wanted to "consolidate". You obviously thought you needed your own thread to advertise your event, so other people/fleets may feel the same.
    I believe the OP's intent was to offer other fleets/people to join in with festivities & their own giveaways; and if they do post their threads, they could get a link in the original post too. Cheer up, mr. Grinch. :*

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options

That said, I don't really think you can ask other people/fleets who want to advertise their parties/events to just post in your thread, just because you said you wanted to "consolidate". You obviously thought you needed your own thread to advertise your event, so other people/fleets may feel the same.
    I believe the OP's intent was to offer other fleets/people to join in with festivities & their own giveaways; and if they do post their threads, they could get a link in the original post too. Cheer up, mr. Grinch. :*

Hey, I'm not the one calling other people silly names. It sounds like you are the one that needs to cheer up :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    gitmomoneysongitmomoneyson Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Hey, I'm not the one calling other people silly names. It sounds like you are the one that needs to cheer up :D

But you are the one poo poo a thread for no reason. Thank you Wesley for coming up with a better giveaway than the game publisher for the fourth year!
  • Options

But you are the one poo poo a thread for no reason. Thank you Wesley for coming up with a better giveaway than the game publisher for the fourth year!

Oh, I see the problem, you are confused. I'm not "poo pooing" anything. I think Dental's event is great. I also think each person/fleet should be able to advertise their own events if they want without needing to post in someone else's thread. No part of that is "poo pooing" anything :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I had a lot of fun helping to run this last year, and it'll be even better this year. I don't mind the negativity, I just hope people have fun attending!
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela
  • Options
    wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    It's ok, we had a lunatic constantly ranting in the last event thread too, but we all still managed to have a good time.

For the first timers out there, you can read last year's thread here. It's full of testimonials after the party.

On a similar note, if you missed last year's party, an enterprising photographer took screenshots of the whole thing here.

Lots of pictures of the costume contests. Although the categories aren't labeled, it might give you a good idea of what you'll be up against. Good luck to everybody!
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Sounds like a fabulous event, I´ll try to attend. Anyway, good luck to all guests / participants. Have fun!
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    im interested in trying and doing all of them.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Did not get to participate as much or as long as I wanted to last year. Did not win a single prize last year. But I really enjoyed myself and had a great time.

Which is the real Grand Prize of this Event anyways.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Drat...I heard it was fun last year, but 11pm gmt is way too late a time for me to be online (darn reality)

Ah well - have fun and set up a discoball for me!​​
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Oh believe me, there'll be plenty of discoballs.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
This discussion has been closed.