test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holiday*SuPeRsHiP*GIVEAWAY*PaRtY! -SHUTUP WESLEY-

Comments

• Options
    newnjanewnja Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I was hoping to see all the winners' screenshots here... maybe top 3 of each costume category. There were some really nice costumes out there last night, shame nobody took any shots and posted here.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Some screen shots of the event last night. Great costumes a plenty in these. If we are doing the screen shot contest these would be my submissions. Sorry I don't know how to up load directly to the post.

http://imgur.com/crtqCgR

http://imgur.com/4PPD6iy

http://imgur.com/fuyvHDI

And the end of the night.

http://imgur.com/NIOS0EY

Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    waldotrek wrote: »
    Some screen shots of the event last night. Great costumes a plenty in these. If we are doing the screen shot contest these would be my submissions. Sorry I don't know how to up load directly to the post.

crtqCgR.jpg

4PPD6iy.jpg

fuyvHDI.jpg

And the end of the night.

NIOS0EY.jpg

Glad you enjoyed yourself
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Bridesmaid? By my count you won at least a ship, 2x plas leech, and a stack of superior upgrades. Not too shabby! Maybe you won some races too, but honestly after six hours of handling events I was too exhausted to pay attention to the races.

I will agree, however, that there was a phenomenal showing of creative talent throughout this event by all participants, thank you all for coming and I hope you had a good time!
    'twas only meant as a throwaway light hearted comment (and was also posted at start of event before costume contests had started), and wasn't in any way a grumble - it was more to acknowledge the extraordinary talents shown by other contributors - the winning fanfic was truly a masterpiece and a well deserved winner!

And yes, this bridesmaid did indeed end up scoring big during the wedding (equivalent to shacking up with the Groom's rich brother after the reception).

As for the wider event, once again, Shutup Wesley outdid themselves. This was one of, if not the, biggest and most fun events I have ever seen ingame. And it was 100% player organised (though with a helpful news announcement by Trendy). Well done Wesleys!

The PVP shuttle event seemed a lot of fun - interactive parts always are! And it was definitely helped by having an outstanding live stream commentator to hold people's interest and explain all that was going on. This part worked extremely well.

The Where's Wesley part was also a lot of fun - including making creative use of a rarely visited map - most people had no idea how the Kyuenbus managed to get up there. My fleetmates did very well out of this part, with 2 of them bagging a Herald bundle each. Well done guys!

The Costume contests were the highlight for me. So many extraordinarily creative uses of the tailor - from KDF Hulk Hogan, to an awesome Flash, to that amazingly creative Sailor Moon (who kept up the persona all night), to the psychadelic flashing catgirl, to the army of Nbreekies and terrible Batman.

The competition in the costumes contests was so tough, I can see why it caused a dilemma for the judges - which did make this part take a bit longer than it could have. Not your fault - it was clearly very hard to whittle it down! Maybe in future events you could provide (or invite others to provide) some kind of livestream commentary, or have some kind of other event running parallel, like occassional trivia.

The race was also a lot of fun - so much spam, and then when you got to the finish line, the person you had to trade with started moving/hiding - even more fun! Maybe next time they could change costumes as well - even more fun.

TL:DR - Awesome fun. 11/10. Well done Shutup Wesley!

yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    The PvP portion was my biggest regret. We were given zero indication prior to the event that it would be so popular, then the event started and we had 300 people in the channel with most of them either refusing to watch the stream or ignoring the Announcement channel and just spamming X's into chat every couple seconds. Followed closely by telling us we're horrible people for not letting them play 10 minutes of shuttle combat in exchange for a premium ship, whereas the fanfic and costume winners expended considerable effort generating their creative entries.

If it happens again, we'll definitely take sign-ups ahead of time.
  • Options
    asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    It was the cat that pushed you over the edge, awesome :)
    Totally. It's an important lesson to learn there; accessories really matter for a costume. There was a Lara Croft that was a runner-up in the MY IMMERSION category that had a pretty good costume, but won over the two or three other Crofts partly because she kept her dual pistols out.
    The PvP portion was my biggest regret. We were given zero indication prior to the event that it would be so popular, then the event started and we had 300 people in the channel with most of them either refusing to watch the stream or ignoring the Announcement channel and just spamming X's into chat every couple seconds. Followed closely by telling us we're horrible people for not letting them play 10 minutes of shuttle combat in exchange for a premium ship, whereas the fanfic and costume winners expended considerable effort generating their creative entries.

If it happens again, we'll definitely take sign-ups ahead of time.
    There was a lot of problem handing the prizes out too, since Leshrac had to invite thirty people to his ship, ask them what they wanted, and hand out the prize. That delayed the costume contests by almost an hour there, especially since a lot of people didn't think of what they wanted before they got invited. But ah well! Everything else went great, and the costume contest stream seems to have been a hit.
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela
  • Options
    mooncrystalpowermooncrystalpower Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Heyyy everyone! It's Serena here (EHhhh yeah, that's my name IRL even ~~º(^v^')º~~ )I just wanna say thank you to the members of Shutup Wesley for hosting such an AMAZING player-driven event (Although Druk, my FIRST outfit was just School Uniform Serena, which was why it was "ordinary looking" XD), and to all the people who appreciated me at the Costume Contests (seriously, thank you SO much for all the compliments!)...aaand I'm REALLY glad I showed up in time for said contests XD EHHhhhh, for the record, this is my first time using the forums, so ummm hello everyone! ~~º(^_^')º~~v
    l6aD2g7.gif
    I am the one, the ORIGINAL/Official Sailor Moon of STO! ~-~º(^v~)ºv~-~
  • Options
    asimosa wrote: »
    There was a lot of problem handing the prizes out too, since Leshrac had to invite thirty people to his ship, ask them what they wanted, and hand out the prize. That delayed the costume contests by almost an hour there, especially since a lot of people didn't think of what they wanted before they got invited. But ah well! Everything else went great, and the costume contest stream seems to have been a hit.

Yeah, that was a huge problem. Also the fact that apparently there many people who don't know the difference between a promo, lockbox, or lobi ship. We'll have a new method for claiming prizes next time, for sure.
    Heyyy everyone! It's Serena here (EHhhh yeah, that's my name IRL even ~~º(^v^')º~~ )I just wanna say thank you to the members of Shutup Wesley for hosting such an AMAZING player-driven event (Although Druk, my FIRST outfit was just School Uniform Serena, which was why it was "ordinary looking" XD), and to all the people who appreciated me at the Costume Contests (seriously, thank you SO much for all the compliments!)...aaand I'm REALLY glad I showed up in time for said contests XD EHHhhhh, for the record, this is my first time using the forums, so ummm hello everyone! ~~º(^_^')º~~v

No, thank you for coming! I can safely say our judges are experts, knowing the tailor inside and out, and we've seen a lot of unorthodox things over the past four years of throwing this event, but you definitely showed us something we've never seen before. Your timing was impeccable too, I was just about to kick you off the bridge for being too plain when you hit us with that flourish. Easily the finest 'Best Overall' winner in Wesley Christmas history.
  • Options
    Ummm, sure, why not! Just pm me (@mooncrystalpower) and if I'm not busy, I can show my Transformation then! ~~º(^_^)º~~v
    l6aD2g7.gif
  • Options
    Ehhhehe, I kinda wish now I used some Zen for more Costume Slots, there's a few different outfits I've come up with in the past few months!....Maybe I'll invest a bit into them?
    l6aD2g7.gif
  • Options
    heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Ehhhehe, I kinda wish now I used some Zen for more Costume Slots, there's a few different outfits I've come up with in the past few months!....Maybe I'll invest a bit into them?

I have several hundred costume slots for a color change gimmick on one of my characters and another 80+ on another. Always worth it.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Costume Slots are Account-wide, so unless a different Account the number of Slots should be the same.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    CWpKxwgU4AAWBsG.jpg:large
    My take on the Beard of Nabreeki.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    That cheap, knock-off Nabreeki is too funny. :p:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    'Beard' of Nabreeki. Is that like a 'Murder' of Crows? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jaywest21jaywest21 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    My homegirl Serena (Mooncrystalpower)! Your Sailor Moon outfit is just amazing, with the transformation and everything. You totally nailed it and it's great to see you getting some well-deserved props in here. Major congrats! (^_^)
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    'Beard' of Nabreeki. Is that like a 'Murder' of Crows? :)

precisely!
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    MTB9ES4.jpg
    Ran into some nice folks.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Who won the party screenshot contest?
  • Options
    chrisofborgchrisofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Who won the party screenshot contest?

They're judging this weekend, so we'll find out next week I guess.
  • Options
    talkwesleytalk#9580 talkwesleytalk Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2015
    because of your highly wrong prize giving procedure have gold sellers ,tailor bug users and maybe spies in other fleets for there long term service got the prices.. next time let someone from cryptic choose the winners.

The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based. And if you can't find it within yourself to stand up and tell the truth about what happened, you don't deserve to wear that uniform! -
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    because of your highly wrong prize giving procedure have gold sellers ,tailor bug users and maybe spies in other fleets for there long term service got the prices.. next time let someone from cryptic choose the winners.

The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based. And if you can't find it within yourself to stand up and tell the truth about what happened, you don't deserve to wear that uniform! -

Hey there, do us all a favour, have someone else write your weird attacks next time because this one doesn't make any sense. Thanks and have fun at the next giveaway. :smile:
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    ?????!!!!!????? is all I can say to that post.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    chrisofborgchrisofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    /s? What events did you partake in? The whole thing was done fairly. Also, nice first post?

• Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Never has the phrase "Shut up Wesley" seemed more apt
    yjkZSeM.gif
This discussion has been closed.